Thoughts for these restaurants in October

a82allison

DIS Veteran
We just got back from WDW and we would like to try all new restaurants in October. We have already visited Trails End Buffet dinner (OK), Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner (Good), Crystal Palace breakfast (Great), 50's Prime Time lunch (ok), and Askershus lunch (Great).

I was thinking of doing:
Day 1:
Chef Mickey's dinner on arrival day after going to DTD and before heading to the campfire at Ft. Wilderness

Day 2:Ohana's breakfast early morning before Magic Kingdom

Day 3:1900 Park Fare dinner before MNSSHP

Day 4: Lunch at Biergarten while at Epcot

Day 5: Lunch at Hollywood & Vine, while at DHS, before driving home..

What do you all think?

Chef Mickeys and H&V, no way would I go back here. We ate at both and the food was terrible.

Any other opinions? Is Ohana's an okay choice for before Magic Kingdom in the morning? Is it possible to get to Rope Drop or close to it with an 8:05 am reservation?

What about 1900 Park Fare before MNSSHP? Is that an okay choice? Our reservation is for 4:45pm.

And I know Hollywood and Vine doesn't have the best reviews, but I think my little one's will like the characters. This past trip our last restaurant we visited on the day we left was Askershus for lunch and it was awesome. I want to have a good/fun ending to our trip for lunch again...is H&V possible for that?

I may be wrong, but I don't think there are characters at H&V at lunch. We were there last Aug and don't remember seeing any. The food was not anything to write home about. What about the Garden Grill @ EPCOT or Crystal Palace @ MK?

We have eaten at Chef Mickey's a couple of times. We love it! The food is decent, but we love the atmosphere! Our servie wasgreat too! We had refiils before we took our last sip of drink. :rotfl:

We have eaten Ohana's for dinner before... I guess we didn't like it that much because we kipped our ADR's last trip! Their smoothies are amazing! I haven't been there for breakfast so it may be better...

We haven't eaten at 1900 PF, so I too want to know about it!

The BG was soooo yummy. Unlimeted German = good. :upsidedow

We are trying H&V this trip, so I want to know about this one too!

We did Chef Mickey's for dinner our first night and really loved it. It was late ADR at 8:25 pm. But the food was hot, the place was clean. we had lots of time with the characters because the crowd was thinning down. We did have to ask to sit in the main area-don't forget to do that. Then you can go over to the outside patio area and watch Wishes! Perfect.

Ohana Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch was really great. Not the food so much which was fine, hot and plentiful with great waitstaff. It is a platter for everyone so you don't have to go up to a buffet. It is what it is - good breakfast food nothing different or fancy. The characters were very good but remember to engage Stitch. We told him bad jokes and imitated Elvis. He played around great! Very naughty Stitch.

Only thing is we had to wait 40 minutes to sit. Our ADR was at 9:20 am. If you are early birds get the first ADR and you should be able to get back to MK really quickly.

Don't know about your other choices. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter