Those who have the Sam's Club credit card

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I'm a recent first time member of Sam's Club. I'm considering getting their credit card because the rewards are pretty decent. I saw in the small print that rewards come once a year in the form of a check that can only be cashed at a Sam's Club. My question is - will they actually cash the check and hand over cash, or can it only be "cashed" by applying it to a purchase?

Those who have this credit card, are you happy with it? Any comments would be appreciated as I consider this. Thank you!

I love the card for the 5% back on gas and 3% back on dining and travel. What I don't like is that I have to wait until they cut checks once a year to receive my rewards. My Costco AmEx is the same way. I have not yet received a check from SAMs. Idk if I didn't use the card to get rewards last year or if they haven't hit the first year mark for this card yet. I can't remember when they switched it to the MCard.

It used to be Discover and I hated that one. I never got more than a few cents in rewards with it, which wasn't enough to actually get the rewards paid out.

Anyway, I would guess it is the same as Costco in that you would be able to cash the check in store without having to make a purchase. I have never applied my Costco check to a purchase. I just ask them to cash it for me, and they do.

We received our first Sam's Credit Card Rewards check earlier this year and we used this towards a purchase at Sam's. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe you can ask them to give you the cash. In our case we didn't mind putting this towards a Sam's purchase since we shop there almost on a weekly basis.

I just signed up for this card a few weeks ago so any more information would be appreciated! I heard about this card on the Clark Howard show and he raved about it so much we had to open one up. Now...if the money must be used at Sam's I will be a bit bummed. That is not the case, however, with our Costo rewards. If it must be spent at Sam's, do they sell Disney gift cards?

I'm a recent first time member of Sam's Club. I'm considering getting their credit card because the rewards are pretty decent. I saw in the small print that rewards come once a year in the form of a check that can only be cashed at a Sam's Club. My question is - will they actually cash the check and hand over cash, or can it only be "cashed" by applying it to a purchase?

Those who have this credit card, are you happy with it? Any comments would be appreciated as I consider this. Thank you!
I was given cash when I cashed my reward check this year.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I think I'm going to go ahead and get the card. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter