1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis
  1. TallandGoofy

TallandGoofy Mouseketeer

Does Thor make any appearances over at IOA?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

No.

4. La2kw

La2kw DIS Veteran

Maybe he'll start showing up at Disney, since they own him now.

5. TallandGoofy

TallandGoofy Mouseketeer

Darn! I didn't think so but my son and I just saw the movie over the weekend and really liked it. Thought it would be cool if we could actually see or meet him.

Oh well.

Yeah, I wonder if/when Disney will start doing more Marvel stuff. Really curious how that's going to go with IOA already having the whole Marvel Super Hero Island already.

I hear there IS Thor merchandise over at Norway in EPCOT so we can look at that when we are there. :)

6. ky07

ky07 <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>

Yea Universal only has it under contract to use the x-men,spiderman,the hulk,captain america,doctor doom and fantastic four and thats it unless I am missing one :thumbsup2

7. Metro West

Thor is one of the Marvel characters Disney can use at WDW since Universal does not have that character on the current contract. Any of the characters you see at IOA can not be used at WDW as long as Universal has the contract with Marvel is in force.

8. ky07

ky07 <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>

:thumbsup2

9. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

I'm not sure this is entirely clear legally. Thor IS used for part of the decoration around IoA.

10. Metro West

Well...I'm not going to get into a legal battle over my statement. I'm just remembering what I read when all the information was released after the Disney/Marvel announcement was made. I seem to remember Thor's mug somewhere over at IOA but I doubt Universal would argue with them about it. I mean...he's mentioned no where else unless I've missed something.

11. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I would imagine there is a list of characters that Universal has licensed. It will be clear to them what can be used and not used. I had read that as long as the characters were used in some shape or form at Universal, then they could not be used by anyone else east of the Mississippi, or something like that. And that contract was to last until Universal broke it off.

Here is some info I found:

Deadline Hollywood's Nikki Finke has the list of characters specifically licensed for Universal's theme parks:

For starters, here's the main list of licensed characters at Marvel Island inside Universal Orlando's Islands Of Adventure (provided me by Universal): Spider-Man (also attraction), Dr. Doom (also attraction), Hulk (also attraction), Storm (also attraction), Captain America, Cyclops, Green Goblin, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, "and lots more if you include stores and dining," a Uni exec tells me.
    Paramount tells me Iron Man and Thor also are included.

According to other sources, here are the characters by Attractions, Walk Around, and Shop:

Attractions (Characters licensed for the attraction use, but not necessarily for walk-around. Some in the attractions list are also licensed for walk-around, but not all.): Spider-Man, Doc Oc, Scream, Electro, Hydro-Man, Hobgoblin, J. Jonah Jameson, Hulk/Bruce Banner, Dr. Doom, Fantastic Four (as a group, not individually), Storm, Magneto, Professor X.

Walk around and/or Shop: Green Goblin, Cyclops, Rogue, Wolverine, Fantastic 4 (restaurant / walk around), Captain America (restaurant / walk around), Kingpin (shop / walk around), Merch (shop)

12. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

I know the contract is online somewhere, but too lazy to look it up. ;) But I think it included all the characters depicted in cut-outs up along the buildings--which ties up Thor and Iron Man even tho they've never really been used. Or at least it could be argued it includes them, which may be incentive enough for Disney to avoid this can of worms for a simple meet & greet.

13. Metro West

True enough. Disney might just want to let it ride...unless they are/were planning on something Iron Man related.

You know what I'm a little surprised about? With LegoLand opening right down the road from DTD, I'm surprised they are apparently going to leave the store at DTD open. I would think LegoLand would want those people to come down the road and buy there...not at Disney.

14. ariellover3

ariellover3 Earning My Ears

Is there really??!!! *beeline for Norway Epcot*. This just made my day. There's not enough of Thor out there