This Week's Show - Talk about Changes! :)

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

If it's been confirmed that the audio-only podcast is going away, I must've missed it :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I don’t think that’s the case, but if you have the option of video or audio, obviously, when you’re listening to audio you’re missing visual cues.

4. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

Ah, gotcha. Well, either way, I'm not losing interest or anything like that. Look forward to the podcast every week, audio or video! :thumbsup2

5. martlisa

martlisa Earning My Ears

Must say didn't like the sound clips. Made it to fragmented and its like you we're trying too hard to be funny. The podcasts are great without sound clips.

6. jrgutknecht

jrgutknecht Mouseketeer

Ditto.

I love you guys as you are, you don't need the sound clips.

7. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I don't recall the team ever saying that they would not have an audio-version. Check back to the previous two episodes where Pete talks about the new format to double-check.

8. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

He did in one show make a point saying that they will still have the audio on Thursday plus also the video portion to. So on Wednesday or the day they record that week you can watch live or if you can't watch live then you will have to wait till the next day to watch the video.

9. Mike2023

Mike2023 DIS Veteran

I agree, the show is going in a good direction. The sound clips turn it in the wrong direction for me. Could definitely due without.

10. eeyorethegreat

eeyorethegreat DIS Veteran

Sounds like I need to catch up on Podcasts....

11. mjaclyn

mjaclyn Currently in Wonderland

I agree with most of the others on this thread that the show is better without the sound clips.

12. BrizMarc

BrizMarc YOUR AD HERE!

I am worried the podcast is getting away from a bunch of people sitting around a table talking about Disney news and having a laugh. Its all starting to get too slick and produced. I am for inovation but it seems too much now. I agree the soundclips are too much

13. Halbleib1

Halbleib1 DIS Veteran

I just recently started listening again so I was surprised to hear they were going to video them now. I remember someone asking way back if they ever thought about doing video and Pete saying that was not ever going to happen. lol Much less doing them live. I guess the practice on the cruises helped to change his mind.

14. Cotillard

Cotillard Mouseketeer

I love everything and have really enjoyed listening to the podcasts on my freezing cold morning walks :cool1: Please can the sound clips remain between Pete and the listeners?? :lmao:
    (DIED over the Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey one, LOL!)

15. Cotillard

Cotillard Mouseketeer

I'm so surprised to read this. I feel like it's the same, comfortable group of friends sitting around talking about Disney (b/c it is ::yes:: ) but that they are taking advantage of the opportunity to include DU advertising (understandably) and that they are sprucing things up a bit. This is SUCH a great podcast :wizard:

16. tehSAC

tehSAC Mouseketeer

I've enjoyed the updates and I'm looking forward to what happens next week.

:thumbsup2