This time our son is coming too! Final update at last!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by declansdad, May 1, 2009.

1. praisehisname

praisehisname DIS Veteran

So glad you're back! I love the pic of your DS with Minnie! :lovestruc

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BrooklynnsMommy

BrooklynnsMommy DIS Veteran

Bummer about the camera. MeMom wouldn't be able to survive if her camera went down. We'd be on our way to Walmart in a cab to buy a replacement!

4. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Oh yes, we would!

Dad's back!!! :dance3:

My computer is about to give it up. I'm having to lay it on its left side, hold the cord with my right hand, and type with my left hand, but I am glad I was able to keep it on long enough to see the new pictures! :banana:

5. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

Great to have your family back. How can you function at Disney without a camera?

6. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

That is a good one. Love the interaction of all the characters at the Character Spot.

LOL, the problem with that is I want the next camera to be a dslr and that is too big a purchase while on vacation.

Just use the IT fix; bang it a couple of times.

Luckily the video camera has the ability to take pictures, crappy pictures, but pictures none the less.

7. Queenofallthings

Queenofallthings DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo you're back!!!

8. declansdad

You never know, I just may post more pictures.

9. declansdad

we started the next day with an ADR at CP. I always love getting into MK early. Here are some shots.

Our traveling partners.

[​IMG]

The required Castle shot.

[​IMG]

The mini statues in front of the Castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the important people

[​IMG]

More Castle Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The breakfast was excellent as usual and the character interaction was pretty good. We did have one problem though. Our table was about to have Piglet stop by just as we were seated but the parade started. When it was finished, Piglet didn't return. After waiting for about an hour, still no piglet. When the handler was approached, she was very rude and short with us and said there was nothing they could do. I was ready to complain when Piglet appeared and all the kids were happy again.

10. micandminforever

I enjoy walking around the front of the castle looking at all the little statues.
    It's great that you had time to do that crowd free.

I am glad piglet finally caught up with you. I look forward to reading about the rest of your MK day.

11. Queenofallthings

Queenofallthings DIS Veteran

What's a day at the MK without at least one castle shot.....I wonder over the years how many people accumulate:lmao:

12. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

This happened to us once. I was standing up by the topiaries with Bella since she was getting tired of waiting, and a CM came and talked to me about Bella's shirt. Jill had made the girls special Crystal Palace shirts for that meal. Anyway, when she heard that we were having to wait so long, she went and got the character (I think we were waiting on Pooh) and brought him to us.

Enjoyed seeing the little statues. :) They are some of those cute little Disney touches that are just fun to see again and again.

13. reyasmommy

reyasmommy DIS Veteran

Glad piglet finallly made it around to your table. When we went a couple weeks ago piglet is the one who spent the most time with the kiddos. The rest of the characters were so rushed but piglet took the time to play peek-a-boo with my 12 week old. It was too cute.

Love the pictures of the statues. Chip and dale are my favorite.

14. declansdad

Those statues are really cool. I wonder how many people never even notice them

I know I have a couple.

I was surprised with the CM. She was actually quite rude when she addressed the Newbies and Princess Ariel was quite upset that she hadn't seen piglet.

15. declansdad

After breakfast we headed through Adventureland for Frontierland. Some of the gang wanted to ride Splash so pooksma and I stayed with Princess Ariel and we came across this guy.

[​IMG]

No one tell pooksma, I posted a picture with her in it.

Goofy decided he needed a ride in Ariel's stroller.

[​IMG]

Wandered around and finally rode HM. Princess Aurora actually made it all the way through this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some people got some driving in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that we headed to the resort for some R and R before dinner at the Coral Reef. Another restaurant that we had never been to before. :lmao:

16. Happy Elf

Happy Elf DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! I'm excited to read your updates!

17. micandminforever

Looks like a fun time had by all at the MK.

18. declansdad

Hey Gang! Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. Pooksma, the Newbie Parents and I took a trip to Boston. Great time was had by all.

Back to the report.

After some rest, we headed for Epcot to have dinner at the Coral Reef. We arrived in time to checkout Nemo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One quick nap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the great meal, we split up and our family headed to the resort and then to Downtown Disney. We took the boat over for something different. It was a nice trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Declan with his new light saber

[​IMG]

We had a bit of a shower while waiting to head back to POFQ but we managed to stay under cover. Another relaxing day complete but the trip is quickly coming to an end.

19. Nicole786

Nicole786 DIS Veteran

I love the POFQ boat to Downtown Disney, its so relaxing!! I really like the lobster bisque at coral reef, i wish i was there now!

20. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

A nice quiet ride in the midst of the hustle and bustle of all the park crowdedness and chaos. ::yes::

:sad1:

21. Diamondintheruff

Diamondintheruff <font color=magenta>Thinks she saw a flash!<br><fo

The best thing about staying at POR (for us) was the boats. Just loved taking them. In fact I think we went to Downtown Disney more than we planned just because we liked the boats so much.