This time our son is coming too! Final update at last!

:rotfl2: ....the lions...is there no privacy in AK! :rotfl2:

Lucky Declan, getting to participate in the math challenge with the bird.:thumbsup2
I've always wanted to see that show and never have. I love birds!

Very sweet pic of the tigers sleeping, too cute!

Great pics as always!

Enjoyed Illuminations. :)

**Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, I was busy stuffing myself....:laughing:

V4EPCOTFountain.jpg

What a cool picture! :thumbsup2 Glad you got seats on the patio, but undercover and were able to enjoy the show!

Denise

He has been lucky on our trips, he has been chosen for a number of things. Maybe we should get him to buy some lotto tickets. :lmao:

I think you will like POFQ; it is well laid out and very pretty. Some of those decorations are a bit scary and the food court is a bit cramped but that isn't why you go to WDW.

I'll send you my dollar, 'cuz I want in on it when he wins! :laughing:

We had a great room at POFQ. It was 4135 - very close to the main building and the bus stop. We pretty much know it was preferred, so we were thankful for the upgrade. Jill had called and asked for something that would help her out with a less than full-speed still mom and two little ones with strollers. She wasn't expecting that good of a deal - just a ground floor - but we were all grateful for the room we got. It is a pretty resort, and I love the lobby when the sun is shining in on the fountain area.

We enjoyed some food items at the Food & Wine Festival, but did not stay for Illuminations. Maybe next time. Who knows? Little ones and my stupid knee have changed our trips a lot.

Ahhh...what a lovely evening! Perfect seat for Illuminations! I really want to do that R&C/Illuminations viewing deal sometime. It sounds like such a perfect way to end a night.

Love your fountain pics!!!

I'll send you my dollar, 'cuz I want in on it when he wins! :laughing:

We had a great room at POFQ. It was 4135 - very close to the main building and the bus stop. We pretty much know it was preferred, so we were thankful for the upgrade. Jill had called and asked for something that would help her out with a less than full-speed still mom and two little ones with strollers. She wasn't expecting that good of a deal - just a ground floor - but we were all grateful for the room we got. It is a pretty resort, and I love the lobby when the sun is shining in on the fountain area.

We enjoyed some food items at the Food & Wine Festival, but did not stay for Illuminations. Maybe next time. Who knows? Little ones and my stupid knee have changed our trips a lot.

Maybe you need to call that scooter rental place. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to hearing about your latest trip and seeing all your new pictures.

Ahhh...what a lovely evening! Perfect seat for Illuminations! I really want to do that R&C/Illuminations viewing deal sometime. It sounds like such a perfect way to end a night.

Love your fountain pics!!!

Thanks, I really like the way the fountain pictured turned out.

We have watched Illuminations twice from the R&C and it is a great spot. The best part is that you are not fighting anyone for a spot.

I hope to get a move on with the next part of this report soon. I have been lax in getting my pictures edited and posted to photobucket so that is slowing things down. Well that and life in general.

Our next day will take us to a long awaited meeting for pooksma. There is also a problem that came up on that day could have put a damper on things for us. Luckily we managed to keep going due to some quick thinking and some improvisation.

Woops, I was day early on the big poksma meet and the big problem for mosly me.

August 13th

Declan and I were up early and headed for the old Fishin' Hole at POR. It was lots of fun and he caught a couple of monsters.

A1Concentration.jpg

A0Igotone.jpg

After our fising trip, we headed back to the resort, got cleaned up, and headed for EPCOT.

We snagged some FPs for TT (10:15) and headed for Mission Space. We all rode the Green side first (my first green ride and I vote lame). Declan and I then re-entered for a trip on the Orange side. Much better!

Some pictures for you all:

Our start of day pic

A5readytoheadout.jpg

On the bus

A6Onthebus.jpg

Mission Space Queue

A8MSQueue.jpg

B0MSQueue.jpg

B3MSQueue.jpg

B8MSPreShow.jpg

The gift shop

C2AstroMickey.jpg

C3SpaceFood.jpg

C6Goofy.jpg

We then made our way to Test Track for another fun spin.

C8TheBoys.jpg

Followed by some time spent with Ellen learning all about energy. We then headed for Figment, some lunch at Sunshine Gardens, the big golf ball and than back to the resort to rest before our evening ADR at H&V.

Some random pictures.

D2Monorail.jpg

D3UniverseofEnergy.jpg

D7Pyramids.jpg

E0FigmentQueue.jpg

E2KodakPicture.jpg

Back soon, I mean it this time.

My DS (8.5) has a similar shirt that has 10 reasons why he wears pink. Glad to see he's not the only one that likes pink!:)

LOVE Declan's shirt:thumbsup2

Great pic's once again....

My DS (8.5) has a similar shirt that has 10 reasons why he wears pink. Glad to see he's not the only one that likes pink!:)

I think that shirt is a hoot. He usually keeps a bit of his hair dyed another colour. The first time he did it, he chose pink. I think he thought it would bother me because I wouldn't let him buy pink soccer shin pads. He forgets that I was around in the 80s when pink was the colour.

The rest of the story (well for this day).

Tonight was the night for us all to watch Fantasmic. We didn't get the diner package but we did have a reservation for Hollywood & Vine. We have never eaten there before.

We headed for the bus on the cover of dreary looking skies and sure enough, it started to rain before we got to DHS. Out came the ponchos and off we went to check in.

We were a few minutes late, mostly because of a very slow moving check-in line but we still managed to get seated fairly quickly. We all opted for the buffet. It was ok but nothing fantastic. It was still raining when we finished so we split up and agreed to meet in front of BATB around 8.

Pooksma, Declan and I opted to look through a couple of shops. Declan wanted to model some of the latest headgear.

E5NewRainHat.jpg

E6Hmmmm.jpg

E8Thisone.jpg

I looked for neat things to take pictures of:

E7SteamboatMickey.jpg

E9Souvenirs.jpg

F0Maestro.jpg

F0Maestro.jpg

Pooksma just looked around. I think we may have bought some pins or some vinylmation characters.

Still with some time we headed for:

F2GMREntrance.jpg

but with the posted wait time, we would be cutting it close. Instead we went to:

F3AnmationEntrance.jpg

The show is always fun and we managed to get some Up pictures.

F5Up.jpg

It was now time to head for Fantasmic and hope that the rain would not start again. Luckily it didn't and we were able to watch another great show.

My Video of Fantasmic.

After the show we made our way back out the main entrance and the line for the second show was all the way back to the end of Sunset Blvd. I'm so glad we didn't wait for the second show. :yay:

After that we all headed back to the resort, waited about 20 minutes or 3 buses and called it a night.

Tomorrow a new character breakfast and I get upset which makes other people upset.

I looked for neat things to take pictures of:

E9Souvenirs.jpg

Tomorrow a new character breakfast and I get upset which makes other people upset.

Of all the neat things to take pictures of, you chose drowning Mickeys?!?!? :scared1: Thanks a lot, man.

I've always thought the Donald bum hat is cute. :donald:

The gift shop of Mission Space is all of MS I'm ever gonna see. I guess I could wait in line to take queue pictures and then head out at the chicken entrance.

I'll be watching your Fantasmic video either tonight or tomorrow night. :)

I'm glad you and Declan were able to get in some fishing. :thumbsup2 I totally agree about the Orange side of Mission Space being better! :woohoo: Good thing you did the first showing of Fantasmic!!!

Denise

Ah! Love that you took time to go fishing! And look at that big 'ol fish! ;)

Sounds like a great day at Epcot and DHS. That Donald hat never fails to make me laugh!!

Love the pink shirt. We had a bully awareness day where all the boys in the school we asked to wear pink in honour of a young man who was beated to death (or near-death I'm not sure of my sources) for wearing pink. Most of the boys had to borrow shirts from their mothers or sisters.

We always meant to fish while we were at POR. It just never worked out for us. It sure looks like fun though.

All is well in the declansdad/pooksma household. Life has gotten in the way of our DISing:lmao: Imagine that!

We will be posting an update soon. Hope you are all well.:hug:

August 14th.

I'm not even going to try to describe what we did from this point onwards because for some reason we didn't write it in our little trip diary. I do know that this day started out as an exciting one for pooksma. She was finally going to meet Mary Poppins; we were on our way to the Grand Floridian to Character Breakfast. We made our way to MK to catch the Resort Monorail and I managed to get some pictures while we waited.

A2FromPlatform.jpg

A4Declan.jpg

A5monorail.jpg

A6FromMonorail.jpg

A7monorail.jpg

A8TheLandRoof.jpg

After that last picture, my camera decided to tell me it was going to have a zoom error and refused to take any more pictures. I played with it a bit (banged it) and managed to get it to shut off but when it came back on, same thing. This made me upset. You may have figured out by now that I like to take pictures, they are my souvenirs of the trips. Without the camera, that wasn't an option. Worse still, I wasn't going to have any pictures of the Character Meal that pooksma has been waiting for since our first trip. I got a little perturbed which got other people perturbed and suddenly the day wasn't so good.

We arrived at the resort and looked around (no pictures). I sulked, people became angry with me. Need to get past this quickly. What to do? Go to gift shop and by an unreasonably over-priced disposable camera so we could have some pictures. That allowed us to get some shots and the mood did improve. Overall the meal was good. Declan invented an new dish - bacon-wrapped strawberries and the interaction was excellent with Alice and the Mad Hatter. Mary was a bit aloof and rushed. Bummer.

After the meal, we were off to EPCOT and I decided that the video camera would have to take my pictures. Unfortunately the quality is crappy but I made do.

B0WasteChallenge.jpg

B3CharacterSpotQueue.jpg

B6TheGuys.jpg

B8DeclanandPluto.jpg

C1CuteCouple.jpg

C4BestBuds.jpg

C7signplease.jpg

D0Nemoandthegang.jpg

We finished our day at EPCOT meeting some new friends from that other part of Canada. As it turns out, they had grown up in the our neck of the woods. It truly is a small world! :goodvibes

D2Ournewfriends.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter