This time I'LL be the GUIDE!- Aug 2016 PTR (UPTD 8/12- first time for everything!)

Day 1
drive to BUF at 4am
Day 2
get up for Am EMH at AK

Are you sure you will all be up so early after that LONG day?

Have either sandwiches from Norway or France for dinner
OR Tangierine Cafe :confused3

What about Spice Road Table?

enjoy Eve EMH
if we're not too tired, pack up for tomorrow's check out

Evening EMH at the MK are always a :thumbsup2

Should I order BoG meal in advance?

We pre-ordered and got to jump the line for ordering when we got there. But then there is only the 2 of us. Don't know how fussy the rest of your family is.

Should I book an ADR for something in HS? How is Sci-Fi Dine in?

HS is difficult. Sci Fi is fun to eat in the car and watch the old/scary movies, the food is not really the "best". If you want to have interaction then 50's Prime Time would be something. Tom and I like Mama Melrose, but there is always a wait.

And I wanted to add - what a mess with your passport. Hope everything works out!

Might be a good idea with a bigger group but it would mean missing the section with the talking suits of armour. Not a big deal though. I think it really depends on if you think people will change their minds on what they want.

Should I try to convince my scaredy cat DC to go on RnR and ToT?

Definitely! But not to the point of being too pushy, don't want to scar the kid!

I really like Sci-Fi but it can be pricey without the meal plan.

Joining in. Sounds like a fun trip. I think out of all your options changing your name on your airplane ticket seems easiest. Good luck though

Are you sure you will all be up so early after that LONG day?

Haha, I have no idea! Being in Disney World is really the only time I can get myself to wake up really early. We may just skip EMH and just make it for rope drop. My relatives told me they're used to waking up really early but we would've been up for a loong time the day before. Maybe the high of being in Disney will help? We'll see :scratchin

Oh, I hadn't thought about that. Would you recommend it?

Evening EMH at the MK are always a :thumbsup2
Yes, they're my favourite!! :lovestruc

We pre-ordered and got to jump the line for ordering when we got there. But then there is only the 2 of us. Don't know how fussy the rest of your family is.
I'll have to discuss this with my family. They're pretty easy going and will probably go with what I suggest:groom:

HS is difficult. Sci Fi is fun to eat in the car and watch the old/scary movies, the food is not really the "best". If you want to have interaction then 50's Prime Time would be something. Tom and I like Mama Melrose, but there is always a wait.
I went to 50's on my Disneymoon. We really enjoyed it! I don't think my DU and DA's English is strong enough for them to appreciate it though.

And I wanted to add - what a mess with your passport. Hope everything works out!
Thanks Karin!

Might be a good idea with a bigger group but it would mean missing the section with the talking suits of armour. Not a big deal though. I think it really depends on if you think people will change their minds on what they want.
Hmmm, that does sound like something they'd like to experience...

Definitely! But not to the point of being too pushy, don't want to scar the kid!
Haha, she's too scared to go on the big rides in Canada's Wonderland so I wonder if ToT would be too terrifying.

I really like Sci-Fi but it can be pricey without the meal plan.
Between you and Karin, I may just skip making an ADR for HS

Joining in. Sounds like a fun trip. I think out of all your options changing your name on your airplane ticket seems easiest. Good luck though
:welcome: Jandlinz! The only thing about changing the name on my ticket is that it means I'll have to renew my passport with my old name and then renew it again with my new name. It's the safer route but costs a bit extra.

When we did BOG for lunch we didn't pre order , it went very smoothly, then you go find a table and they bring your food to you. I believe they track you by your magic band !!

Safari first thing
Everest 2nd thing
That's a lot of walking from basically one side of the park to the other. Just realize if you hit EE right after "rope drop" you can probably get in a couple of rides before the line gets too long and maybe save a FP for later in the day. And don't forget that they have the single rider line. Not sure that will work for you though??? :confused3

TSM first thing
RnR and ToT second and third things
FPs for TSM,Star Tours, and ToT
Just a suggestion but these three FPs are the typical, but if you hit them in this order, the SB line at RnR tends to grow quickly, especially during the summer when there are larger crowds. Sometimes it is best to get your FPs a little after park opening and head straight to RnR, then work your way back using the FP for ToT before leaving the area, and moving on to the others. Most people don't head for RnR first, so you just might be able to get in a couple of rides if you want before the crowds start working that way. :scratchin

ADR booked for Cape May Cafe dinner buffet (My treat!)
My type of tour guide! :banana:

Sum of all thrills first thing
Good choice. This is such a slow loading ride, and it seems to get a large wait time pretty quickly if you wait to do it. :thumbsup2 No Soarin? I think by the time you get there, they may have the third theater done and the wait lines "should" be a little shorter???

Have fish and chips for lunch
:woohoo:

get up for MK rope drop
SM first thing
Buzz second if we have time
FPs for 7DMT,
Might be your best option, but another thought is to head straight to 7DMT and hit the SB line when the wait time is the lowest it will probably be all day. There are so many cool things in the SB line that are worth that shorter wait first thing. Then set your FP for right after so you can pretty much walk right back on and get a second ride.

Ride IASW if forced to
:rotfl:

wake up late (around 9am)
check out and have brunch in the foodcourt
our flight is 3pm
so DME will probably pick us up around 12pm
return to BUF around 6pm
Wait, your trip is over already??? :rolleyes1

Oh, I hadn't thought about that. Would you recommend it?
Yes, yes and yes!!! ::yes::

Honestly, the suits of armor are a little difficult to hear if the line is backed up into this area and it is noisy. You might get lucky, but no sure this will work well for your group under normal circumstances. :confused:

I went to 50's on my Disneymoon. We really enjoyed it! I don't think my DU and DA's English is strong enough for them to appreciate it though.
You're probably correct. When my middle DS and I met Magdalene and Katharina and did 50's together, they had suffered the same fate previously. Magdalene said the "cousins" didn't really play with them knowing they were German. She was excited to do the meal a second time with us just because she knew I would get them to play and she and Katharina could get the full 50's experience. Not that I'm one of "those" people or anything............ :rolleyes1 :blush:

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I actually started my dance 3 days ago!!

Facebook even popped up to show me the post I made 3 years ago about my Disneymoon :rotfl2:

I think the only downside to booking this late is that there isn't a whole lot of anticipation since it's SO SOON. I've been so busy I barely noticed!

Most things have been paid for, save for one of the rooms and the groceries we'll be buying from Garden Grocers.

I will be putting up a real update and getting back to you guys this weekend, I promise!

I'm just having so much fun catching up on everybody's TRs :cool1:

PS. I will be turning 30 in the Fall of 2018. I've decided I want to have a real extravaganza and FINALLY go to Food and Wine and Halloween at WDW! I'm inviting EVERYONE to this so you know....if you care to join me... I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU :lovestruc
:bitelip::bitelip::bitelip:

Yay double digit dance!!! Always so exciting!

it has crossed my mind wondering what it would be like to try a trip that's not booked too far in advance, less anticipation but also less waiting! Maybe one day!

Yaaas for planning a 2018 trip! Amazing way to celebrate the big three-o! Toy story land should maaaaybe be open and maybe even Rivers of Light! lololol.

When we did BOG for lunch we didn't pre order , it went very smoothly, then you go find a table and they bring your food to you. I believe they track you by your magic band !!

Yeah, I don't think I'll be pre-ordering after all. Is it difficult to find a table? Are there CMs that help you find one?

That's a lot of walking from basically one side of the park to the other. Just realize if you hit EE right after "rope drop" you can probably get in a couple of rides before the line gets too long and maybe save a FP for later in the day. And don't forget that they have the single rider line. Not sure that will work for you though??? :confused3
:oops: Of course!!! It's been so long since I've been to WDW that I completely forgot it's best to hit EE first thing.

I'm a big fan of the Single Rider line but I think I'll need to ease my family into it.

Just a suggestion but these three FPs are the typical, but if you hit them in this order, the SB line at RnR tends to grow quickly, especially during the summer when there are larger crowds. Sometimes it is best to get your FPs a little after park opening and head straight to RnR, then work your way back using the FP for ToT before leaving the area, and moving on to the others. Most people don't head for RnR first, so you just might be able to get in a couple of rides if you want before the crowds start working that way. :scratchin
That sounds like a GREAT idea Marv! I'll change my itinerary to reflect that. Need to hammer out all these details before my FP+ booking date arrives.

I just hope my family is ready for something that intense first thing in the morning! :hyper:
My type of tour guide! :banana:
I'm available for hire :wave2:

Good choice. This is such a slow loading ride, and it seems to get a large wait time pretty quickly if you wait to do it. :thumbsup2 No Soarin? I think by the time you get there, they may have the third theater done and the wait lines "should" be a little shorter???
Thanks! I love Sum of all Thrills and the morning is the best time to do it.

I'm not sure if I wrote that I'm planning to do Soarin on the day I arrive...but I'm hoping to get an evening FP+ for that. I'm excited to watch the new video! I wasn't a big fan of the previous one.

Might be your best option, but another thought is to head straight to 7DMT and hit the SB line when the wait time is the lowest it will probably be all day. There are so many cool things in the SB line that are worth that shorter wait first thing. Then set your FP for right after so you can pretty much walk right back on and get a second ride.
That's what you guys did right? Hmmmm, that sounds like a really good idea. :scratchin

I think playing the game Epic Mickey ruined that ride for me. :sad2: I avoid it when I can.

Wait, your trip is over already??? :rolleyes1
I'm already sad about leaving! :sad:

Yes, yes and yes!!! ::yes::
Ok, I wonder if it's too late to get an ADR for dinner....:confused3

Honestly, the suits of armor are a little difficult to hear if the line is backed up into this area and it is noisy. You might get lucky, but no sure this will work well for your group under normal circumstances. :confused:
Hmmm, I think I'll have to talk to them about this. I'm dealing with pre-teens here, so not sure if they might end up changing their mind :confused3

You're probably correct. When my middle DS and I met Magdalene and Katharina and did 50's together, they had suffered the same fate previously. Magdalene said the "cousins" didn't really play with them knowing they were German. She was excited to do the meal a second time with us just because she knew I would get them to play and she and Katharina could get the full 50's experience. Not that I'm one of "those" people or anything............ :rolleyes1 :blush:
Suuuuure you're not :rolleyes:

I had a lovely experience on my Disneymoon. My relatives really knew how to play along with their antics. :laughing:

Yay double digit dance!!! Always so exciting!
I have a countdown on my phone and the days seem to pass by faster!

it has crossed my mind wondering what it would be like to try a trip that's not booked too far in advance, less anticipation but also less waiting! Maybe one day!

I keep dreaming that DH will one day surprise me with a Disney trip!

Yaaas for planning a 2018 trip! Amazing way to celebrate the big three-o! Toy story land should maaaaybe be open and maybe even Rivers of Light! lololol.

Hahaha, here's hoping! I'm so excited for TSL! I really love the one in HKDL. That Rivers of Light show keep getting postponed :headache:

Yuki I will put Carol and I down for the Disney Trip in Oct 2018 just give me dates !!!
Rosie, I'm so glad to hear that! I'll be sending out Save the Dates a year before the trip. PM me your email!

Yeah, I don't think I'll be pre-ordering after all. Is it difficult to find a table? Are there CMs that help you find one?

The place is huge. And good thing is you are not wandering around holding your food looking for a table so you can look around. If all 3 rooms are open you should have no problem. Then a CM comes around to check your ticket and I think that cues the meal, so they don't bring it out until you are settled.

I like your plans. Marv already gave you some tips that we use. I hope your passport issues get resolved quickly and as the days get closer you get all the details you want hammered out. Looks like you are well on your way in the planning dept.

That's what you guys did right? Hmmmm, that sounds like a really good idea. :scratchin
Yes, we do this every now and then just to enjoy the standby line (and of course get pictures). The line always looks longer than it really is because they usually haven't let anyone down the path towards the ride yet by the time you get there if you're part of the rope drop crowd.

You are one of THOSE People , just look at how you pick on me !!:charac2::sad::rotfl2:

Yuki Marv ,Pat , Carol and moi had no trouble picking our own seat, !!!:banana:

REAL LIFE UPDATE

Ok, so I know I promised an update…. :duck:

I’m at this really bad job as an office admin. The boss is horrible and the pay is deplorable. It takes me 1.5 hrs on the bus to get to work. :crazy2:

The only reason I’m still here is because….I’VE DECIDED TO GO TO COLLEGE! I would say “go back to” but I’m Canadian and I went to
University first. So I plan to ride this out until school starts or until the Boss is in a “firing mood”.

If you know me from when I first started writing PTRs here, you’ll know I graduated with a degree in Social Services. Since then, I’ve kind of lost my passion for it. If I had to give a reason, it would be that I’m not as excited to do that kind of work anymore. I believe life is too short to be doing something you don’t LOVE.

So with my husband’s support, I will be going back to school to get a diploma in…..*drum rolls*

TRAVEL AND TOURISM

I want to be a travel agent and start my own travel planning company. This is something I know I truly love doing and I’ve always had an entrepreneurial spirit. If I’m lucky, I may even be able to do Disney’s College program!

Since I returned from China, I have been living in a townhouse my parents own (they live in China atm) with my two younger siblings. Andrew has been supporting the whole place because my brother had a hard time finding a job after he graduated and my sister is still unemployed. We always thought that as soon as they find gainful employment, we would move back into the condo his parents own (we’re renting it out right now).

Just two weeks ago, my brother got offered a job in VANCOUVER. We live in Toronto so he would have to relocate. The job is a 2-year contract. My sister got an interview for West Jet airlines and if she’s accepted, she’ll be gone for 5 months in CALGARY.

My parents’ business in China is not doing well so they are no longer able to support the townhouse we live in. Our family is now going through the dilemma of having to sell the townhouse when my parents can barely afford to come back to Canada and figuring out living arrangements for my sister because she’s uncomfortable living on her own.

I think we always expected to sell the townhouse. We just never knew when it would happen. This string of events seem to be leading up to the conclusion that we need to sell ASAP.

So in the middle of dealing with my terrible boss, going back to school, and figuring out where to live, I haven’t even had time to be excited for this trip.

But thanks to Su-Lynn (ChunkyMonkey)’s TR, I’m starting to get revved up~! So today, you get TWO updates! :cool1:

Top 20 things I can’t wait for

Overall, I’m just so excited to be going back to Disney World! After two years of visiting Disney and Universal Studios parks in Asia, I just can’t wait to be “home” you know? WDW is my HOME park.

So here’s the list of things I’m really looking forward to! In no particular order…

1. Cape May Café clam bake
cape-may-cafe.jpg

I can't wait for all that delicious seafood!!! Chinese people love seafood so I know my DU and DA will enjoy it and the kids love BBQ.

2. Tower of Terror
twilight-zone-tower-of-terror-gallery00.jpg

MY FAVOURITE RIDE!!! I've missed this ride so much. I really loved the decor in the Tokyo Disney Sea's version but WDW just has the better ride.

3. Memory Maker
memory-maker-one-day.jpg

I've been a big fan of PP since my first Disney trip and think it's such a great way to get pictures of your group~! Not sure if I would get it if it were just Andrew and I. For a big group, it's a no-brainer.

I'm really happy to see that Disney has PP everywhere now! I plan to take full advantage of this package.

4. Epcot
600-spaceship-earth3.jpg

Every time I think of Epcot I get SOOOO GIDDY. It's my favourite park and I CAN'T WAIT to be back!!!

5. Earl of Sandwich
earl-of-sandwich-3.jpg

I'm drooling just THINKING about it. It seems like they changed their menu but I'll probably just get the Full Montague and their coleslaw. BEST.COLESLAW.EVER

6. Disney Springs
Disney-Springs-46.jpg

I've been looking forward to this since they announced it. I'm still getting used to calling it that though. Downtown Disney is such an intuitive name!
I'm still hoping they'll open a Shake Shack here. That's my fave burger place.

7. TsumTsum merch
chocoolate-tsum-tsum.jpg

I'm a huge TsumTsum fan. I'm not as obsessed with the game, but I just love these little guys! I have a collection of the mini plushies that my husband wishes were smaller...
I know the merch won't be as extensive as Japan, or even the stuff pictured above! I'm just hoping they'll have more variety than my local Disney store.

8. BoG
be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg

I think my family is going to LOVE IT in here. I don't think any other restaurant screams DISNEY like this one does. I also can't wait to try the grey stuff!

9. Grand Marnier Slushie
grand-marnier-slush.jpg

I know heat and alcohol don't mix well with me...:blush:
But this drink is like candy to me. I gotta have it!

10. 7DMT
13151108_1726416690964114_1338911067_n.jpg

I'm just really excited to finally get on this ride!!

11. Jungle Cruise
disney-world-jungle-cruise-tree.jpg

I'm so ready to go on this ride. The English skipper in the HKDL ride doesn't even make puns!

12. Rafiki’s Planet
Conservation%20Station%2001.jpg

I'm really looking forward to showing my family this hidden gem.

13. Dole Whip
aloha-isle-gallery04.jpg

Nuff said

14. SotMK
sorcerer_logo1.jpg

I think my cousins are going to get a real kick out of this!

15. Illuminations
illuminations-reflections-of-earth-00.jpg

Now don't go taking my DIS badge...
but I've never fully watched this show...
I mean, I tried to! On my Disneymoon I had a dinner ADR for La Hacienda during the show,but our group was too large to be seated next to the windows so we couldn't see much of anything.
4th time's a charm!:thumbsup2

16. Disney buses
wdwbus.jpg

Some people may not be excited about a bus....but I really am. To me, the bus is just so quintessential to my WDW experience. Sometimes I like to just close my eyes, listen to recordings of the bus announcements, and pretend I'm back there. BLISS~

17. All Star Music
all-star-music.jpg

I know I was hoping to book Movies instead of Music but a Disney resort is a DISNEY RESORT. I'm psyching myself up by looking at pictures and watching videos. It still has that Disney FEEL.

18. Showing off my Disney expertise
I don't quite have a picture for this....I'm just excited to show off tbh, haha.

19. TSMM
toy-story-mania-gallery03.jpg

This is something I know my family will love. This will show them that Disney is NOT just an amusement park.

20. Vlogging about WDW
hqdefault.jpg

I guess this is as good a time as any to let you guys know that
I'M ON YOUTUBE!!
I've been on YT for a little over a year now. It's a channel about my travels and vlogs about travelling.
I'm really excited to vlog about my trip to Disney!

Come check me out at www.youtube.com/c/TravellingYuki

You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter @TravellingYuki!

I just realized, I never talked much about my 2 yrs in China. Would y’all like a post about my time there?

Coming up next, Carry-on to Disney!!

Apparently DISboards has not been updating me with your PTR updates butI am all caught up now...

BTW, do you know what FP+ you will be making? There is that tier system for all parks except for MK so you can't make FP+ for Soarin AND Test Track. So you can make one FP+ for Soarin and try and catch TT first thing in the morning. I would definitely make Soarin FP+ because I think it will be very popular due to the new movie coming out June 17. Or unless you want to see the new Frozen Ever After ride...I think that will be insanely popular but not sure what tier that is in. Most likely it will be in the Same tier as Soarin and TT :(

I've never done Am EMH. Is it much emptier than just making rope drop?

It is, but really only for the first 45 minutes then it starts getting exponentially more crowded. Do you have park hoppers? Sometimes I skip early morning EMH unless there is a ride that I must do. I will do EMH and then park hop to another less crowded park.

It saves a lot of time, especially for breakfast. If you happen to get a pre-park opening breakfast and pre-order your meal, you are in and out of there in like 35 minutes and are one of the first people to ride 7DMT that day!

Should I try to convince my scaredy cat DC to go on RnR and ToT?
Hmm, are they more afraid of speed or heights? If they don't' like heights then ToT is out of the question. Most people are scared of heights (like me) but like speed, so I very much like RnRC even though there are drops in it! I would suggest RnRC but that's because I like it a lot!

Do you have any recommendations for fun in Buffalo area?
Hmm, Anchor Bar for buffalo wings! I guess cos it's the original. Otherwise, I have no idea what to do in the area. Oh wait, if the Buffalo Bills are having a pre-season game you may want to catch that. Tickets are usually cheap.

Sci Fi Dine in has the best ambiance. I think it's really cool to be dining in cars in the dark watching random movies. The food is ok. Typical food like burgers, fries, onion rings, milkshakes, but they do have pasta and stuff too.

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yay!

PS. I will be turning 30 in the Fall of 2018. I've decided I want to have a real extravaganza and FINALLY go to Food and Wine and Halloween at WDW! I'm inviting EVERYONE to this so you know....if you care to join me... I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU :lovestruc
:bitelip::bitelip::bitelip:

Just give me the dates! I'd love to join if we can!! I also realize I'm so much older than you...but we're both kids at heart, right? :cutie:

REAL LIFE UPDATE

Ok, so I know I promised an update…. :duck:

I’m at this really bad job as an office admin. The boss is horrible and the pay is deplorable. It takes me 1.5 hrs on the bus to get to work. :crazy2:

Oh no that is a long commute for a job you dont' like!

The only reason I’m still here is because….I’VE DECIDED TO GO TO COLLEGE! I would say “go back to” but I’m Canadian and I went to
University first. So I plan to ride this out until school starts or until the Boss is in a “firing mood”.

Good for you Yuki!!

So with my husband’s support, I will be going back to school to get a diploma in…..*drum rolls*

TRAVEL AND TOURISM

I want to be a travel agent and start my own travel planning company. This is something I know I truly love doing and I’ve always had an entrepreneurial spirit. If I’m lucky, I may even be able to do Disney’s College program!

This sounds like an amazing opportunity to do what you love!! If you're ever in the DCP I'm gonna come down there and visit you!

Just two weeks ago, my brother got offered a job in VANCOUVER. We live in Toronto so he would have to relocate. The job is a 2-year contract. My sister got an interview for West Jet airlines and if she’s accepted, she’ll be gone for 5 months in CALGARY.

My parents’ business in China is not doing well so they are no longer able to support the townhouse we live in. Our family is now going through the dilemma of having to sell the townhouse when my parents can barely afford to come back to Canada and figuring out living arrangements for my sister because she’s uncomfortable living on her own.

I think we always expected to sell the townhouse. We just never knew when it would happen. This string of events seem to be leading up to the conclusion that we need to sell ASAP.

So in the middle of dealing with my terrible boss, going back to school, and figuring out where to live, I haven’t even had time to be excited for this trip.

But thanks to Su-Lynn (ChunkyMonkey)’s TR, I’m starting to get revved up~! So today, you get TWO updates! :cool1:

First off congrats to your brother and sister on their new job opportunities! Are they excited for them? Hope your sis gets the job!
Sorry about your parent's business, things move so quickly in Asia now. One minute the market is up and the next it's down. It must be tough for them to be so far away from you guys too! I think it's a good decision to sell the townhouse since your family will be spread out all over the place. How old is your sister? I'm sure she'll be fine living on her own once she gets used to it. Staying with your family is fun but you become dependent. I'm trying to convince my sister (Chunkysis, who still lives with my parents) that it's about time she get her own place. But she won't. LOL.

Thanks for thinking of me to get excited about your trip!!! I'm excited for you!! Lots of new things at WDW now and so happy you guys will be back!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

BTW, I'm going to plan a big family trip with all my sisters, in-laws, nieces and nephew in August of 2017...you'll have to let me know how the crowds are. I'm expecting some pretty bad heat, so I've warned them...but it's the only time they can go!
[/QUOTE]

Top 20 things I can’t wait for

Overall, I’m just so excited to be going back to Disney World! After two years of visiting Disney and Universal Studios parks in Asia, I just can’t wait to be “home” you know? WDW is my HOME park.

So here’s the list of things I’m really looking forward to! In no particular order…

1. Cape May Café clam bake
cape-may-cafe.jpg

I can't wait for all that delicious seafood!!! Chinese people love seafood so I know my DU and DA will enjoy it and the kids love BBQ.

Oh yeah, Chinese people love their seafood! This will be a must do on our big family trip next year!

3. Memory Maker
memory-maker-one-day.jpg

I've been a big fan of PP since my first Disney trip and think it's such a great way to get pictures of your group~! Not sure if I would get it if it were just Andrew and I. For a big group, it's a no-brainer.

Defnitely! I even got it for just me and DH! Otherwise we'd never have pictures of the 2 of us, just silly selfies. And now they ahve ride videos and video magic shots...super cool!

4. Epcot
600-spaceship-earth3.jpg

Every time I think of Epcot I get SOOOO GIDDY. It's my favourite park and I CAN'T WAIT to be back!!!

My favorite park too!

5. Earl of Sandwich
earl-of-sandwich-3.jpg

I'm drooling just THINKING about it. It seems like they changed their menu but I'll probably just get the Full Montague and their coleslaw. BEST.COLESLAW.EVER

I've yet to eat here! I wish I spent more time at Disney Springs.

6. Disney Springs
Disney-Springs-46.jpg

I've been looking forward to this since they announced it. I'm still getting used to calling it that though. Downtown Disney is such an intuitive name!
I'm still hoping they'll open a Shake Shack here. That's my fave burger place.
Ditto, wish I spend more time at Disney Springs when I'm here!

7. TsumTsum merch
chocoolate-tsum-tsum.jpg

I'm a huge TsumTsum fan. I'm not as obsessed with the game, but I just love these little guys! I have a collection of the mini plushies that my husband wishes were smaller...
I know the merch won't be as extensive as Japan, or even the stuff pictured above! I'm just hoping they'll have more variety than my local Disney store.

so cute!! I love all their stuff! Don't have much Tsum Tsums myself but I buy a lot for my nieces!

8. BoG
be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg

I think my family is going to LOVE IT in here. I don't think any other restaurant screams DISNEY like this one does. I also can't wait to try the grey stuff!
It does scream Disney. It's really well themed. And I do like the grey stuff! But I like the grey stuff cupcake ( I think it's called the masters's cupcake) which they only have at lunch, better than the thing they have at dinner which is grey stuff over a harder chocolate cookie thing.

9. Grand Marnier Slushie
grand-marnier-slush.jpg

I know heat and alcohol don't mix well with me...:blush:
But this drink is like candy to me. I gotta have it!

I am partial to the grey goose version but mmmm looks sooo good!

10. 7DMT
13151108_1726416690964114_1338911067_n.jpg

I'm just really excited to finally get on this ride!!

I love it! I just wish it wasn't so short.

11. Jungle Cruise
disney-world-jungle-cruise-tree.jpg

I'm so ready to go on this ride. The English skipper in the HKDL ride doesn't even make puns!

Wait, what, a Skipper with no puns?!?! Outrageous!

12. Rafiki’s Planet
Conservation%20Station%2001.jpg

I'm really looking forward to showing my family this hidden gem.

discovered it for the first time last year and had a great time!

13. Dole Whip
aloha-isle-gallery04.jpg

Nuff said

The best stuff on the planet!

14. SotMK
sorcerer_logo1.jpg

I think my cousins are going to get a real kick out of this!
DH likes this game!! I think he just likes to collect cards though. He always checks in then collects the next pack of cards without actually playing the game that much, lol.

15. Illuminations
illuminations-reflections-of-earth-00.jpg

Now don't go taking my DIS badge...
but I've never fully watched this show...
I mean, I tried to! On my Disneymoon I had a dinner ADR for La Hacienda during the show,but our group was too large to be seated next to the windows so we couldn't see much of anything.
4th time's a charm!:thumbsup2

I really do hope you catch it, as it's soooo awesome! But the Star Wars fireworks is now my favorite nighttime show...

16. Disney buses
wdwbus.jpg

Some people may not be excited about a bus....but I really am. To me, the bus is just so quintessential to my WDW experience. Sometimes I like to just close my eyes, listen to recordings of the bus announcements, and pretend I'm back there. BLISS~

You are right, despite being annoyed at the buses sometimes, you definitely feel like it's the quintessential WDW experience! Do they have transport like this at HK or Tokyo DL?

17. All Star Music
all-star-music.jpg

I know I was hoping to book Movies instead of Music but a Disney resort is a DISNEY RESORT. I'm psyching myself up by looking at pictures and watching videos. It still has that Disney FEEL.

Definitely! There is nothing like staying onsite!

18. Showing off my Disney expertise
I don't quite have a picture for this....I'm just excited to show off tbh, haha.

Awesome! You will be a pro!

19. TSMM
toy-story-mania-gallery03.jpg

This is something I know my family will love. This will show them that Disney is NOT just an amusement park.

Yes!! Such a good ride

20. Vlogging about WDW
hqdefault.jpg

I guess this is as good a time as any to let you guys know that
I'M ON YOUTUBE!!
I've been on YT for a little over a year now. It's a channel about my travels and vlogs about travelling.
I'm really excited to vlog about my trip to Disney!

Come check me out at www.youtube.com/c/TravellingYuki
You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter @TravellingYuki!

I follow you on instagram already but gonna check out your vlogs! So exciting!

I just realized, I never talked much about my 2 yrs in China. Would y’all like a post about my time there?

Yes I'd love to hear what you've been up to!

[/QUOTE]

Yay for going back to school! That is so exciting, and for travel and tourism! That is pretty awesome! Very scary at the same time but you have to enjoy life and being stuck in a job you don't like is just a big NO! But boo to having a horrible boss. Having to deal with that on a daily basis is soul sucking!

Oh man to the house selling and all the other family crazy on. I hate when things get like that and it just seems like EVERYTHING is happening and you sit there wondering what it was like just to have regular non exciting life happening! lol I hope it calms down and everything works itself out nicely!

As for Disney!!! Yaaaaay!

ToT is DH's favorite ride as well and it has to be my 2nd or 3rd. Just love the theming(pretty sad to hear that the bar they were going to open there is now not happening, hopefully that will change again!)! And wait till you get your ride video on ToT! I agree, Memory Maker is awesome. While it is a bit pricey we loved it on our 2014 trip. It was just nice to not have to worry about getting pics with our camera at character meet and greets and then all the fun spots around the park. I really made an effort to stop for pics everytime we saw Photo Pass.

Oooh Disney Springs! I'm getting overwhelmed at how much seems to be there now...more so on deciding where to eat!!!!!

Oh! You may have already heard this but for a faster(more fun in my opinion) ride on 7DMT ask to ride in the very back. It will be so much faster then the front!

Love that you are excited for Rafikis Planet Watch! SO many people skip it but I think its fun and can be a nice break away. I want to see if I can find a schedule of operation/checkups before our trip and see if theres anything we might be able to see!

Okay just added you on IG! I'm the one with the green cupcake looking avatar! And I'll have to check out your channel too!

Wow! So much to take in. Sorry for the difficulties for your family members, and your job too. Seems to be a lot of that going around right now. YAY to going back to school and in Travel! Goid job for a DISer. :goodvibes

We really liked ASMu when we were there! I think you will too. I might lose my DIS card, too, but we don't card for illuminations. It is usually time for us to leave and best the crowds.

I hope things work out for you. Congrats on your vlog! I will look you up. DS Mark has one with his adopted and foster babies... it's called PLUS 5.

The place is huge. And good thing is you are not wandering around holding your food looking for a table so you can look around. If all 3 rooms are open you should have no problem. Then a CM comes around to check your ticket and I think that cues the meal, so they don't bring it out until you are settled.

That sounds good!

I like your plans. Marv already gave you some tips that we use. I hope your passport issues get resolved quickly and as the days get closer you get all the details you want hammered out. Looks like you are well on your way in the planning dept.

Thanks Pat ^_^

Yes, we do this every now and then just to enjoy the standby line (and of course get pictures). The line always looks longer than it really is because they usually haven't let anyone down the path towards the ride yet by the time you get there if you're part of the rope drop crowd.

I think I'll work that into my plans. I kind of miss enjoying the more fun standbys, like Space Mountain.
You are one of THOSE People , just look at how you pick on me !!:charac2::sad::rotfl2:

Yuki Marv ,Pat , Carol and moi had no trouble picking our own seat, !!!:banana:

That's great to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter