This one is for all you Walgreens shoppers!

That's exactly what many of us do at CVS, we're recycling our original money with ECBs. Aren't register rewards being reimbursed back to the store like manufacturer coupons? Does anyone know?

That's what I was thinking too. I couldn't then, and still don't, understand why if this week I buy shampoo and get a RR for buying it why I can't go in next week and pay for diapers using last weeks RR just because this week the diapers will trigger a RR. :confused3

I realize Walgreen's can set any policy they want but I just don't understand the logic behind it. Unless they aren't getting reimbursed for the RR which makes them lose money. :confused3

That's what I was thinking too. I couldn't then, and still don't, understand why if this week I buy shampoo and get a RR for buying it why I can't go in next week and pay for diapers using last weeks RR just because this week the diapers will trigger a RR. :confused3

I realize Walgreen's can set any policy they want but I just don't understand the logic behind it. Unless they aren't getting reimbursed for the RR which makes them lose money. :confused3

Sometimes you can use a RR to pay for an item that will generate a new RR. It depends on the manufacturer's of the items. Because the RR are manufacturer's coupons. For example, a couple weeks ago you got $4 RR for buying the Dove soap. But if you tried to use that $4 RR to buy the Herbal Essence shampoos that generated RR, the RR for the shampoo wouldn't print. Because it was the same manufacturer. But, you could use the RR from the Dove soap to pay for the Fusion razors that generated RR. Then you could use the razor RR to pay for the Herbal Essence shampoo to get RR.

Maggie

When RR first started a manager told me that you could not use a RR in the same transaction that a RR would be triggered.

That I understand. Early on I remember they had some deals where you COULD get a RR, then use that RR to get another RR, and so on. Of course people abused it. I don't blame them for stopping that.

However, I don't see why you can't use a RR to get FAR items.

I was thinking about this last night and at CVS they limit the amount of deals you can do so that prevents (most) of the people who wipe out an entire inventory of items, so it does make sense that they don't allow it. I just read Maggie's post and that sounds like a good plan to follow.

To the OP, I would try to do a return and explain the situation. It's not fair that you lost that amount. I don't know how often you shop there and if this will draw a lot of attention to you though - sometimes it's worth losing the $6 and chalking it up to experience. I know it sounds weird to say that, but I just want to fade in the woodwork at CVS and Walgreens. I'm not doing anything wrong, but I do spend a lot of time working out sale prices, rebates and coupons when most shoppers just go and buy what they need.

I buy things that generate money beyond what I spend to pay for things I need, so on many of the Easy Saver or sale/clearance items, I don't really need/want the items - I'm using mfg. coupons to come out ahead and counting on the 10% giftcard bonus to use to spend later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter