"This Isn't Disneyworld. . .It's Rainworld!!" our trip to WDW May 16-23, 2009

Yes, thank you, thank you!! Did you have a video camera or did you take the video on a regular camera? Soooo glad we got to see Mulan, too!! Ally would have been sooo disappointed and this was our only day at Epcot. We MUST have just missed each other! That stinks! It would have be fun to meet up!

Nope no video camera, just shot it on the point and shoot. Pretty decent quality, I was pleased!

Love that picture of you and Eeyore. :laughing:

I really enjoyed Glee as well, didn't see it till I got home but it is definitely something I'll be tuning into come the Fall.

Hey there!

I am lurking a figured I would post!

I have the following questions. I apologize if they were asked before.

#1- All that rain and your hair was so straight. Did you straighten it or are you one of the lucky people who doesn't have to?

#2- Love the pink purse. What's the name of that Vera? Did you think it was big enough?

#3- I have what will be a 22 month old and we just decided to upgrade to Poly, how did you know what building you wanted to be in? How did you request it?

#4- Did you guys use the pool? What tips do you have for little ones your daughters age?

Thanks!!!

Annie

Hi and :welcome: Annie!! I'm glad you're coming out of lurkdom and joining in!! No problem! I'd be happy to answer your questions!
1) I do straighten my hair with a flat iron every morning. But my hair is just wavy--not naturally curly like Ally's. Plus I kept it in a ponytail most of the time and tried my hardest to keep it under the hood of my poncho so it wouldn't get wet! ;)

2)Thank you!! The name of it is Cupcake Pink! The hipster was the perfect size for what I needed! I highly recommend it! I also love that it kept me hands-free! The only problem I had was that it faded quite a bit. Not sure if it was due to the sun or just all of the rain we had--or it could just be that pattern.

3) I knew which building I wanted to be in from reading the DIS--especially this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2140273 and http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/. TONS of great Poly info!! I told my travel agent and she requested it for me. I'm sure you could just contact them or whoever you booked through!

4) Unfortunately we did not get to use the pool due to all of the rain! It was just too cold and wet! Tips on young ones--pack plenty of snacks, go with the flow--there were many times Brent had to take Claire somewhere else while I stood in line with Ally, take a stroller they can nap in, and schedule down time if needed.

Nope no video camera, just shot it on the point and shoot. Pretty decent quality, I was pleased!

Love that picture of you and Eeyore. :laughing:

I really enjoyed Glee as well, didn't see it till I got home but it is definitely something I'll be tuning into come the Fall.

WOW! That is impressive!! VERY decent quality! Thanks! The PP person took it--it was certainly candid!! But I liked that he got everything!! He was great!

Hello and :welcome: Heather!! So glad you are joining my TR!! I see that you are from Georgia! What part?! I grew up in Toccoa (Northeast GA)!

Hey Becky!!!! I am from Dallas, I have lived here my whole life!!! So, I am Northwest!!

I am still on the first day of your trip. I love the Polynesian resort!! It is my favorite!! Your little girls are just dolls!!!!! I am also addicted to facebook!! Oh my goodness, I stay on it!!:rotfl2:

Hey Becky!!!! I am from Dallas, I have lived here my whole life!!! So, I am Northwest!!

I am still on the first day of your trip. I love the Polynesian resort!! It is my favorite!! Your little girls are just dolls!!!!! I am also addicted to facebook!! Oh my goodness, I stay on it!!:rotfl2:

Ok--great!! Love me some Gawga!! It was SUCH a pretty place to live--Memphis, not so much!

I LOVE the Poly, too! Can't wait to stay there again!! Yay! Another Facebook addict! I just added you as my friend--I saw that you were friends with Lessa, Jackie, Nichole, and Tammy, too! :) princess:

Ok--great!! Love me some Gawga!! It was SUCH a pretty place to live--Memphis, not so much!

I LOVE the Poly, too! Can't wait to stay there again!! Yay! Another Facebook addict! I just added you as my friend--I saw that you were friends with Lessa, Jackie, Nichole, and Tammy, too! :) princess:

:rotfl2: The funny thing is I have FB pulled up in another window as I type!! :rotfl2: See, I can't get away from it!!!

I have never been to Memphis. I have always wanted to visit there and go to Graceland!:rotfl2:

Another great update, Becky! I can't get over that rain -- Leesa's pictures of how deep it was are crazy! :eek: Great photos and interactions with Mulan and Pooh and the Gang! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: The funny thing is I have FB pulled up in another window as I type!! :rotfl2: See, I can't get away from it!!!

I have never been to Memphis. I have always wanted to visit there and go to Graceland!:rotfl2:

SAME here!! How funny!!! :lmao:

You know, I've lived in Memphis for 20 years now and have never been to Graceland! It's not in the best part of town--major HOOD! But Brent has been and he says it's just hilarious to see!! Especially watching those die hard Elvis fans get so emotional over everything!

Another great update, Becky! I can't get over that rain -- Leesa's pictures of how deep it was are crazy! :eek: Great photos and interactions with Mulan and Pooh and the Gang! :goodvibes

Thanks Jackie!! Yes, CRAZY rain! I can't wait to go on a DRY trip!! I would be in heaven!! :cloud9: Yes--the characters were the highlight of Epcot!!

Thanks Leanne!! We haven't nailed down a date yet--I actually told Brent this weekend that we needed to do it ASAP so I can start planning again!! :laughing: We might just be there the same time as you. Ally's last day of school is May 21st (unless they have to make up any days due to weather). I'm pretty sure we'll be staying at the Poly again--if not the Poly, the Grand Floridian. I'm hoping for some deals as well. When did the book 4 get 3 free deal come out? Do you remember? Was it October or November?

Oh my goodness, how exciting would this be if we were all there at the same time again!!!

Oh my goodness, how exciting would this be if we were all there at the same time again!!!

I just saw your post, Mary!! How exciting!! Maybe we could actually meet-up this time around!! :woohoo: So this week is good in terms of crowds? It's just a week after we went this year (but you know that :laughing:)!

Great pics despite the rain Becky.... I can't imagine sloshing around in that all day. You need a redo for sure with some dry weather.

I think it is a good week. It does run into Memorial Day weekend like last time. It is Avery's last week of school. Great update by the way. Love the character pics. I remember all that rain, I remember wondering why I was wearing shoes at all.

Great pics despite the rain Becky.... I can't imagine sloshing around in that all day. You need a redo for sure with some dry weather.

Thanks Laura!! I was thankful for my Crocs this week! Brent had major issues with his Birkenstock sandels rubbing raw places all over his feet! Poor guy! Yes, I think a redo is in order!! :goodvibes

I think it is a good week. It does run into Memorial Day weekend like last time. It is Avery's last week of school. Great update by the way. Love the character pics. I remember all that rain, I remember wondering why I was wearing shoes at all.

Ok--great Mary!! Thanks! Yes, hopefully next year we won't get ANY rain! At least that's what I'm praying for!!

May is usually decent weatherwise... monsoon season got an early start this year... but it usually waits until mid June

That is the week we went this year. We had the same weather ya'll had; but, there was a tropical low sitting off the coast for several weeks that was just not moving; very unusal. But, IT WAS VERY CROWDED. alot of school groups and just a lot of people. I hope ya'll have better luck next year that we had this year.

I have been enjoying your trip report! Sorry your Epcot was soggy, but you guys seemed to have a great time anyhow.

May is usually decent weatherwise... monsoon season got an early start this year... but it usually waits until mid June

Yes, yes it did!! Good to know that it's not normal for that time of year! :thumbsup2

That is the week we went this year. We had the same weather ya'll had; but, there was a tropical low sitting off the coast for several weeks that was just not moving; very unusal. But, IT WAS VERY CROWDED. alot of school groups and just a lot of people. I hope ya'll have better luck next year that we had this year.

Oh no!! Really?! It wasn't crowded the week before. Wonder why that week was soooo crowded?! What kind of school groups were there?

I have been enjoying your trip report! Sorry your Epcot was soggy, but you guys seemed to have a great time anyhow.

Thank you!! I'm glad you are enjoying my TR!! Yes, we had to look past the rain the entire week--but we did have a GREAT time regardless!!

just alot of teens, and middle school kids, alot of matching shirts
can't answer from where and what type --we went the opposite way when we seen them coming:rotfl2:
school groups like field trip type -- I have a girlfriend in Tampa that is from New Orleans and once when her son was in middle school (that was his first trip to WDW) he went to WDW & one other park for a field trip end of May:confused3

also Memorial Day; that is the week most schools let out of school across the south (I know I have always planned a trip at that time of the year; we always leave the day Dayne gets out of school) and people are trying to beat the heat and the summer time crowds (that what we were hoping for) and :rotfl:the rain

the crowds start really heavy the week after through out the summer; but lines were usually anywhere from 75-120 min. We did a parent swap on Dinosaur and it took Danny & I 30 min.:confused3

But, I'm sure the weather will be much better next year; Leanne says her family goes that time of year all the time; w/hardly any rain.:flower3:

SENT YOU A PM

Gosh those rain pics of people walking really brings it back. I hope that was a once in a lifetime trip like that for me. That was awful! I have video coming up soon! Those sounds....agh! :headache:

So sweet of Mulan to stop and hang for a bit. She's always so sweet! I'm glad you got to meet her! Did I already tell you how much I love those Minnie dresses? Awwwww. Okay...I can't sew so we won't have one. he he

The WTP pics are great too. I love meeting them in Canada! They're over the top fun. Pooh is always mean to me at the Crystal Palace. So not kidding! I wont eat there anymore. :rotfl:

Fabulous Update!!!! :thumbsup2

just alot of teens, and middle school kids, alot of matching shirts
can't answer from where and what type --we went the opposite way when we seen them coming:rotfl2:
school groups like field trip type -- I have a girlfriend in Tampa that is from New Orleans and once when her son was in middle school (that was his first trip to WDW) he went to WDW & one other park for a field trip end of May:confused3

also Memorial Day; that is the week most schools let out of school across the south (I know I have always planned a trip at that time of the year; we always leave the day Dayne gets out of school) and people are trying to beat the heat and the summer time crowds (that what we were hoping for) and :rotfl:the rain

the crowds start really heavy the week after through out the summer; but lines were usually anywhere from 75-120 min. We did a parent swap on Dinosaur and it took Danny & I 30 min.:confused3

But, I'm sure the weather will be much better next year; Leanne says her family goes that time of year all the time; w/hardly any rain.:flower3:

SENT YOU A PM

Thank you Connie for all of the information! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that (and for the PM)! :flower3: SURELY the weather will be better next year! It just has to be, right?!

Gosh those rain pics of people walking really brings it back. I hope that was a once in a lifetime trip like that for me. That was awful! I have video coming up soon! Those sounds....agh! :headache:

So sweet of Mulan to stop and hang for a bit. She's always so sweet! I'm glad you got to meet her! Did I already tell you how much I love those Minnie dresses? Awwwww. Okay...I can't sew so we won't have one. he he

The WTP pics are great too. I love meeting them in Canada! They're over the top fun. Pooh is always mean to me at the Crystal Palace. So not kidding! I wont eat there anymore. :rotfl:

Fabulous Update!!!! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping that was a once in a lifetime trip, too Tammy! Ugggh! It WAS awful! Never again---PLEASE!! :scared: Yes, sooo glad we were able to meet Mulan! Oh--and I did not make those dresses--wish I could sew, too!! :goodvibes A friend made those! Pooh is mean to you?! How come?! Aww!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter