This Is Why I Love Having DVC!!

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
DD21 has her last spring break next week - she'll graduate from college in May. She and a group of friends are going on a cruise out of Miami the last week of March/first week of April. The plan had been for 3 of them to leave at midnight driving all night in order to avoid the cost of a hotel room and have more money to spend on a hotel in Miami after the cruise.

Umm, that didn't suit me although of course it is her decision, etc. etc. I just asked her if she thought she and her friends would be interested in leaving earlier and staying at Vero Beach or WDW if I could get a room. She was thrilled with that idea!!

Now they'll leave Saturday morning and spend two nights in a 1BR villa at the Boardwalk - they won't go into the parks but they will have plenty to do Saturday night and all day/evening Sunday at the Boardwalk and Downtown Disney.

I'm so glad they had a villa available at this late date and that I had the points to cover it - such a nice treat and it wouldn't have happened without DVC memebership. Just thought I'd share a lucky break!!!

The flexibility of the program is one of the features that first made me think of joining. Being able to stay one or two nights as well as extended periods helps us in planning visits. It was great that you were able to help out your daughter and her friends.

And they'll be safer there, too!

lol - I thought of that!! I'm pretty sure my daughter knew I would offer up some sort of hotel option if she asked but she didn't want to ask outright. There has been a lot of back and forth about the flying/driving issue as it is, and I know the other girls are on pretty tight budgets.

She didn't even think of DVC, though. So I know they will have a great time on the Boardwalk and at Downtown Disney - or they may just start working on their tans around the scary clown pool. Either way, it was fun to be able to do that for her - not sure how many more WDW trips she'll be able to go on so these are extra special to her!!

What a great way to begin spring break! Glad you were able to help them out so generously!

Bobbi:goodvibes

What a great way to begin spring break! Glad you were able to help them out so generously!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thank goodness for the borrowing option!! Of course, I've been in borrowing mode for two years now so if I run out of 2011 points before I book all my 2010 trips I'll just have to do an add-on!!

We went to WDW in January and I'm going again in April. We have a family trip to Hilton Head planned for July and I have about 270 points still in my 2011 Use Year. We'll see how far they stretch!!!

Thank goodness for the borrowing option!! Of course, I've been in borrowing mode for two years now so if I run out of 2011 points before I book all my 2010 trips I'll just have to do an add-on!!

We went to WDW in January and I'm going again in April. We have a family trip to Hilton Head planned for July and I have about 270 points still in my 2011 Use Year. We'll see how far they stretch!!!

Good luck - in stretching, and in resisting addonitis!:)

One of my hopes is that some day my kids will want to spend Spring Break at Disney! I am encouraging "Disney Love" at a young age so my plan is working... so far so good! I think the idea of the girls spending SB at Disney is what finally convinced my husband to buy DVC ;)

One of my hopes is that some day my kids will want to spend Spring Break at Disney! I am encouraging "Disney Love" at a young age so my plan is working... so far so good! I think the idea of the girls spending SB at Disney is what finally convinced my husband to buy DVC ;)

My oldest daughter, who is now a senior in college, and her boyfriend spent Spring Break last year at WDW - they had a great time. I gave them the trip as a Christmas present, and paid for their tickets (well, my daughter had an Annual Pass anyway!) and their dining plan.

I hope my younger daughter will be able to go with her (female) friends when she is a senior in high school for Spring Break, and I hope she will want to/can use it when she is in college, too.

How old do they have to be to stay at Disney alone?

At least one person has to be 18, I believe. We would choose VERY CAREFULLY the friends she would be allowed to take and there would be a LONG discussion of the rules, our behavior expectations, etc. But really, my daughter knows Disney inside and out and if they flew and used Magical Express I would be totally fine with them going as seniors in high school.

Also, I just talked to my oldest daughter and she is so excited! When I asked her if she had ulterior motives in telling me about the driving all night options, she laughed and said, "No, but when you offered I thought to myself - why didn't I just call Mom and ask her to pay for an extra night in a hotel?" hahaha...

Hi DVCLiz,
This story is a perfect example of one of the many benefits to owning DVC. Staying at Boardwalk sounds like a lot more fun than driving through the night. ;) You a wondeful mom for letting them use your points. :goodvibes Sounds like a wonderful vacation to me!
________
Magyar suzuki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter