This is the trip that never ends! Yes it goes on and on my friends.. 10 days o' pics!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Sarilas, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sarilas

Sarilas Ruled by the mouse.

Oh you have to see Halloween at Disneyland! It's A Small World's facade is much bigger and completely covered in lights. HM is changed completely; the entire ride becomes about NBC... Jack Skellington wreaths on the doors and fences, the stretching room has different paintings (and there's a lot of glow in the dark!), the music is NBC... it's an entirely different ride!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

It is a CD...:rolleyes1

4. praisehisname

praisehisname DIS Veteran

Wow, you've been busy! I had a lot of catching up to do!

Looking forward to seeing where you go next!

Denise

5. Sarilas

Yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said this thread was pic-heavy, huh? :laughing:

6. Sarilas

After locking the kids up in Liberty Square we headed off to discover Tomorrowland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S39fDwb-bQ

[​IMG]

As we passed under the archway we could hear somebody hollering loudly... it wasn't an unpleasant holler, but we couldn't figure out what he was saying either. Soon enough we realized it was a CM telling the whole of Tomorrowland about a young guests birthday! So funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEaMP503ZpY

It was absolutely adorable. The first thing we wanted to do here was take turns riding with Buzz. I let Jose, Kyle and Tatiana go on first, and I followed behind with them again afterward.

[​IMG]

Jose videotaped some of the line...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MaFmpXB8Gs

And the ride!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnl65JoDlUY

This was about the time I became obsessed with having the pictures after each ride... I spent a fortune on them (as you'll see)!

[​IMG]

We had a blast on this ride, even if Kyle did show me he's the boss of that universe. (Talk about getting schooled by your kid!)

The boys wanted to ride on Space Mountain, and Tatiana reluctantly agreed to go on as well. The little girls and I sat out front and enjoyed the afternoon chaos while we waited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About this time, Alexandra took a bit of a nap in her stroller and we decided it was time for Stasia to have some fun. So off to Tomorrowland Speedway we went!

Kyle sat it out with me while Jose, Stasia and Tatiana ruled the raceway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10SinHcuTE0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photographing him videotaping me... :rolleyes1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyH2PiozATQ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tatiana was... how do I put this delicately... well she was less than a stellar first time driver. Good thing she's not actually on the roads yet! :laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3gCfC-Alj0

They had a great time and we repeated this ride a few times during our trip. Two thumbs up from the pre-school crowd!

[​IMG]

Coming up next... My childhood favorite!

7. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Awww, Stasia looks so sweet driving the car! She looks so happy. She also looks like your little twin. :lmao:

8. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

I meant Walt Disney Worlds

9. Sarilas

She is totally my Minnie Me. :rotfl: And I tell you, uploading these videos to post in the TR is dangerous; the girls come RUNNING at full tilt when they hear anything that sounds like a Disney video playing from the computer. It's a good thing our November trip is soon because they need a fix BAD! :lmao:

Ah... well I can't speak for the pre-rehab HM at WDW as our January trip was the first time any of us had ever been there! The kids totally loved the exterior of the WDW HM because it went along with the Eddie Murphy movie house so perfectly.

10. Charleston Princess

Look at Stasia's sweet little dimples!!! :cloud9:

11. Sarilas

She does have serious dimple cuteness going on. She gets them from her Daddy! Lexi has ONE dimple on her left cheek. As a non-dimpled person I cannot get enough of them!

12. Charleston Princess

I don't have dimples either, and I am in love with Connor's dimples -- he just has to flash me a smile and I give in to anything he wants! :laughing:

13. Sarilas

They do know how to work us, don't they?! :rotfl:

14. cjb1879

cjb1879 Earning My Ears

Enjoying the report so far- and I have to say, love that you named your daughters after the Romanov tsarina and grand-duchesses! Very clever!

ETA- just saw you said they were family names too!

15. Sarilas

Well hello there! I do love that the girls have 'royal' names; it's purely happenstance that my Aunts had the names as well... or maybe not so much happenstance. They're very popular names! ;) I do call all the girls Princess. And rightly so. :thumbsup2

16. heaven2dc

heaven2dc DIS Veteran

I have had SO much fun reading your TR and absolutely LOVE your pics!! What a fantastic photographer you are! The videos are so cute!

17. Sarilas

Thank you SO much! I really enjoy taking the pictures, more than the rides or anything else now. (Sad, isn't it?!) :rotfl:

I think I'll try to write another post tonight; I need the encouragement!

18. Sarilas

When I was a girl growing up in Orange County, California, the teacups were my most favoritest ride EVER. The biggest difference in the teacups there and in Florida are that the teacups aren't covered in CA. I kind of miss that feature of being out in the sunshine, but then we didn't have frequent and toreential downpours to contend with either...

But I digress.

Teacups!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a super short wait in a super short line we were in our cups!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDa5oWF6yr8

And we were off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lexi didn't know what the heck was going on. She was clinging to daddy for dear life!

[​IMG]

Stasia on the other hand could not have been happier!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1z-3ibURRk

It was great fun, and I was so glad everyone liked it. Even Lexi, in retrospect!

It was about this time we realized everyone was in need of a break so we decided to head back to POR.

On the way back we saw a beanstalk...

[​IMG]

And visited a beautiful castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming up next... Well you look mighty familiar!

19. Sarilas

On our way out of MK for an afternoon break we spotted some familiar faces from rope drop that morning.

[​IMG]

Maybe it was the too-large freaky human hands that made the girls shy away? ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we'd finished with autographs and pictures we hopped a ride on the bus back to POR for the mid day break we all needed.

Well, some wanted to rest. Some ended up with a different form of relaxation...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stasia was diggin' the kiddie pool. (In fact she still asks when she can go to Disney World to swim.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming up next... night time fun at Magic Kingdom!

20. soldiersmom

soldiersmom Mouseketeer

Hi-
    I just found your report...and your "bus meet" shout out excited me so much, it yanked me out of lurkdom! When my girlfriends asked me why I had a lime green Mickey head hanging on my bag, I told them it was so that my imaginary friends from the Dis Boards could recognize me. I got eye rolls. BUT, when you said hello on the bus, their jaws hit the floor! "It seems she isn't quite as nutty as we previously thought. The imaginary friends actually exist!"

Anyway--loving your report. It's giving me a between-trips boost. And your pictures are A-MAY-ZING!!:cool1:

21. Charleston Princess

According to my mom, the tea cups were also my first favorite ride at WDW. Great pictures of your spinning fun!

I have to agree with the girls -- Snow White's freakishly large human-hand-like gloves are just plain weird -- she should just wear white ones instead.