This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by that's nice, Nov 29, 2012.

1. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

:rotfl::rotfl:

I feel the same way. But considering we had 10 days there, I could let Juliana swim for a few hours. :thumbsup2

Thank you Karin! Wishing you the best in 2013!

Thank you Kathy!!!!! Happy New Year to you and Mark!

Thank you Marv! Happy New Year to you too!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

We had spent some time at the pool and received a call that our guest would be arriving shortly. We finished getting ready and headed to El Centro....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was such a gorgeous day. Warm & sunny with barely a cloud in the sky.

Could this be the bus?

[​IMG]

Nope... wasn't it.

Maybe this is the bus...

[​IMG]

YEP THAT's THE ONE WE WERE WAITING FOR!

[​IMG]

Grama is here!!!!

Kisses for everyone!

[​IMG]

My mom was going to be joining us for the week. I guess it wasn't going be just the 4 of us after all. We went to get my mom checked in which went very quickly. Her room was ready and it was connecting to ours. We walked toward the room, dropped off a few things, and went to the bus stop. We weren't going to hang at the resort, we were going to take our first step in a park.

I'd say someone was happy to be here....

[​IMG]

We were getting closer...

[​IMG]

Really close!!!

[​IMG]

We stopped for a quick picture..

[​IMG]

The headed toward Main St.

Looking back we saw the Avengers monorail.

[​IMG]

We were finally here!!!!!

[​IMG]

Awww what's one more family picture??

[​IMG]

We had a little surprise for Christopher. His first DISNEY haircut! We checked in at the barber shop and had a short wait. While we were waiting I walked over to City Hall and try to get our 10 day non expiring passes changed into APs. I could tell the girl who waited on me was on her game and knew exactly what to do. Not only did she price bridge our tickets, but I had a $20 credit for both my & Melody's ticket ($40 total), which I used to purchase our Tables In Wonderland card. SCORE! I didn't get the AP for Juliana. I was going back and forth about this. I knew that for the Fantasyland preview each person needed an AP but decided if I could just change hers later in the week if I needed to.

I walked back over to the barber shop and Christopher was getting called in.

How do you keep a 1 yr old occupied while sitting in the seat?

Stickers and spinny things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Christopher sat amazingly good! What do you think Bub?

[​IMG]

He also got his first haircut ears!

[​IMG]

Just so Juliana didn't feel left out, our barber hooked Juliana up with some hair sparkles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We didn't have much time between Christopher's cut and our dinner ADR. We did see that the wait for Mickey was pretty short. We walked across Main St. It seemed that Christopher knew the way.

[​IMG]

I guess walking to the castle would have to wait for another day.

[​IMG]

As we were walking I noticed that it was time for the flag lowering ceremony. We stood and watched while the flag was lowered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up next.... Meeting Mickey had to go better than the first time... right?

4. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Yay for Grandma arriving! :thumbsup2 ..... and heading to a park ...... and photopass pics ....... and

Cutiepie's first haircut. How good is he to sit through it and he looks super cute with his new ears (and new haircut :lmao:)
    Moree yay for some sprinkly pixie dust on Juliana's hair!

Can't wait to hear about Christopher meeting Mickey for the second time. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a "happy" reunion. ;)

5. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

love the photo of Grama and Juliana on the bus and of Grama and Christopher walking down main street, what sweet, happy memories!
    little man did great with his hair cut and both kids look so cute with their new "do's"

6. Moira222

Moira222 Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Tim I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's! I stayed fairly offline over the break so am a bit behind.

I love the way you made Christopher's nap time work for everyone. That pool at CSR is loads of fun and I remember how much fun Katie had at the playground.

I love that happy happy I'm at Disney with my kids & grandkids look on your mom's face. Just FABULOUS!!

Christopher really did well at the Barber shop. and I love Ana's sparkly hair. I hope you did not ride behind her on any roller coasters or fast rides that day. Nothing like eating pixie dust!:rotfl2:

7. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I see a couple of happy someones there. And I'm guessing there were 3 more somewhere on that bus that were pretty happy to be there too. :thumbsup2

If you're gonna get photopass, might as well take full advantage of it.

Nice. Now you have a reason to look for any excuse possible to go to Disney World as many times as you can over the next year! :banana:

That works to distract Barry too. You know, just in case that might come in handy sometime during the half or the DDCC.:rolleyes1

That was a nice extra touch by the CM! :thumbsup2

I had never seen that before this year. It is a very nice ceremony and I'm glad that it is something they consider to be important enough to do every day.

popcorn::

8. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

What a fun update...thanks, Tim.

9. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

Nice update! That's great that your Mom could join you for the trip! That pic of Christopher walking with her wearing the ears is too cute. He was cute sitting in the barber chair, looks like he sat nice and quiet, I think it's so cute that they do that for a first haircut (or any haircut actually)

10. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

What nice memory! My first haircut in MK. Awwww.

Grandmas here! I bet the kids were so happy to share WDW with her.

I hope this meet went better!

11. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love the update. Well done Christopher for not being impatient at the hairdresser :) Love the sparkly hair they gave Juliana as well.

12. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

What a great day!!! Grandma comnig to see the grandkids ( and kids) is priceless.

I also love the pic of your mom and Christopher walking holding hands.

I hope Christopher likes Mickey this time...... popcorn::

13. emilyindisney

emilyindisney DIS Veteran

Looks like Christopher did great for his first haircut. The ears are too cute!

14. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Hooray!! Let the spoiling of the grandchildren commence! :cool1::woohoo:

I don't know where you'd get that idea.

You got some really nice ones!

That works for most of us, doesn't it?

Oh, my goodness. I feel sorry for the poor plumber who will inevitably be called in after she showers.

Nice shot!:thumbsup2

15. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm glad Grama could join you folks. I predict a great time will be had by all!

Love the pictures of the first haircut. :thumbsup2

16. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Suuuuuuurreeeee you did. :lmao:

I love that too. It's great!

No problem. Now who can I pay to write the rest of this for me?

We had planned on going back to WDW with my mom in April but changed our mind since this is the last trip the 4 of us ever take. ;)

He was being very good in the chair. I can't believe how good he was.

It was more like his first Disney haircut. Shhhhh... don't tell anyone that he had his hair cut before. :rotfl:

They were. My mom was happy too. She has been saying she wanted to go with us sometime.

popcorn::

I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get any sparkles in my hair. :headache:

17. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

It was a treat! :goodvibes

Me too. It might be my favorite picture of the trip.. almost. :)

Me too!!!!

I love the ears. He kept them on for a little while and then he wanted nothing to do with them after that. :rotfl2:

Pretty much. :rotfl2:

Our faces are the same... remember the picture of me while pulling into CSR? :goodvibes

Luckily most of it fell off before we got back to the room. ::yes::

You gonna take odds on this?

Thanks Glen!

18. Millie12591

Millie12591 DIS Veteran

Oh my!! How in the world have I missed this?!? :guilty: :rotfl:

Well, I'm here now! :) I've got some reading to do! :goodvibes

19. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

We had just left the barbershop and watched the flag lowering ceremony. We had a dinner ADR at 'Ohana and didn't have much time to hang out in MK. We saw the line for Mickey was 10 minutes. Christopher was in a good mood so we figured we'd have him meet Mickey.... again. I'm not sure if we were hoping Christopher would like Mickey or whether we would get a laugh out of torturing the poor kid. We made our way over....

The line was short... the anticipation was building.

[​IMG]

We made it to Mickey. Time to get the autograph books ready.

[​IMG]

When Christopher spotted Mickey, his eyes lit up.

[​IMG]

Mickey was admiring Juliana's sparkly hair.

[​IMG]

Christopher was excited but still unsure if he wanted to get close.

[​IMG]

'Mickey, look at my Mickey sticker!'

[​IMG]

As Christopher walked closer, Mickey put out his hand...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Success! Christopher loved seeing Mickey! They played for a minute and posed for a picture....

[​IMG]

Our time with Mickey was coming to an end so we had to say goodbye...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Christopher did great! Maybe he would be ok with the characters for the rest of the week.

As we left seeing Mickey, we walked into the dump shop. Christopher started grunting and pointing at the stuffed animals. He walked over to a display and picked out a Donald. He started hugging it and of course we had to buy it for him.

[​IMG]

Our time in the MK came to an end with us never leaving Main St. We had to make our way over to the Polynesian for dinner. Someone came up with the bright idea to wait for a boat instead of taking the monorail. I won't tell you who that was....

Anyway, after just missing a boat we waited for about 10 minutes before another one arrived. We were watching as a police man and his dog searched the dock and the boat after all the guests got off.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what they were looking for but it wasn't long before we were on the high seas on our way to the Poly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We arrived at the Polynesian and checked into 'Ohana. Of course there was a lot of people waiting to be called for dinner. I figured I'd grab a drin kwhile I was waiting. I always wanted to try the Lapu Lapu so what time would be better than this?

[​IMG]

It wasn't long before we were called and had a table next to the window. We could see the castle changing colors. It was perfect!

[​IMG]

I snapped a picture of the beginning course before I was too busy shoving food into my mouth to care about pictures.

[​IMG]

Juliana went over to the coconut race and limbo...

[​IMG]

One change to 'Ohana that I don't like is the speed of the food. They used to take their time with the meal and give you hot lemon towels after the wings but not anymore. We got the salad, wings, noodles, and broccoli all at once. We barely had the first bite in before they started with the meat. We asked them to come back in a few minutes so we could enjoy what was in front of us. The food was good... not the best we ever had there. I hope it was an off night because 'Ohana is one of our favorites and I don't want that to change.

We were stuffed and being that we had an early start in the morning, we called it a night. We took the monorail back to the MK to catch the bus back to CSR. Juliana ended up with a collection of leis that Melody was wearing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the room we got the kids bathed and into their PJs. They played with the ipad for a bit... .

[​IMG]

My mom had some Mickey heads on her bed when we got back.

[​IMG]

Day 2 was in the books and we already had made some great memories. I wonder what day 3 had in store for us?

Up next... Can we make our first Rope Drop?

20. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Hey Millie!!!!! :welcome:

No worries! Good part of being a little late is you get to catch up quickly! I suggest reading 2 updates today then 1 or 2 more in about a week then repeat. That way you won't yell at me for being a slow updater like some of the other readers I have. :rotfl::rotfl:

21. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I am so glad Christopher's second visit with Mickey went well! The photos you got are just so cute.

Sorry about Ohana. The speed the food comes out has made us avoid Ohana for the past few trips. I really hope this is not going to be a trend here.

You accomplished a lot that day. Cannot wait for more! :thumbsup2