This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! COMPLETED 1/6!!!!

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH SOOOOO SOOOOON!!!!
I'm so freaking excited for you!!!
You are going to have the absolute best time!!!!
And hey I convinced my scared-of-teacups cousin to ride TOT and R&R so anything is possible :lmao:

I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you about seeing the new expansion!!

I discovered it holds 9,999 photos (But there's room for 10,000... actually, there isn't. It literally holds 9,999.
:rotfl2: bahahaha gosh i love you

Oh Eugene!!! He is one of the few men who makes a gotee look awesome, not creepy.

Oh I love levels of ridiculous amounts of excitement that hit the week before the trip!!!
Hyperactively laughing and crying at all times of day and night the week before is totally acceptable :rotfl:

Ahhhh you are going to have the BESTTT time!!!!

Before I go back and catch up, just want to let y'all know that I started my PTR! The link is in my signature.

5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lia I am SO excited for you. I just was over the moon happy when I went to WDW for my trip and I am so incredibly glad that you get to experience MNSSHP yourself. I don't know anyone else who appreciates Disney as much as you, and you definitely are going to be blown away by everything. I can't WAIT to hear your reaction. AHHHH have the most magical time ever. :wizard: And i hope we get to see these awesome pictures and videos you guys are planning on taking! :)

Thank you SO much Jess!!! I am so excited we both will have gotten the chance to do MNSSHP this year. I wish it could have been together, but we'll have amazing times next year when I visit you! Ahh! And yes, there will be many, many, many pictures and videos posted!!! :smickey:

I'm so curious where you're staying!!! I feel like maybe POFQ for your weekend?????? I DON'T KNOW. When I guess it's usually wrong haahh but I'm used to it now. You really can't go wrong with any of the Disney resorts though, it's just a proven fact.

THAT EUGENE IN THE PICTURE IS THE ONE I MET AND HE'S THE BEST ONE AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.

I agree, nobody said you had to look absolutely perfect in your costume, it's supposed to be fun, not a competition! I'm still SO curious about that btw. :laughing:

I know how you feel randomly crying at things. I'm not even going soon and it's been happening to me, like when I think about Eric's castle and how flawless it is and how they couldn't have done a more perfect job on that! Anyways yay!!!!!!

You shall just have to wait and see! I love POFQ, so it's definitely a possibility! You're right though, no matter which resort you stay in, as long as it's Disney, it'll be amazing.

OMG He really is the best. He looks so much like the animation, it's crazy.

You will find out soon!! AHH I'M SO EXCITED!!! I seriously can not wait for this party, oh my god. :mickeyjum:

I haven't even seen Eric's castle! I've been totally avoiding the New Fantasyland photos. I just want to experience it in person! But yeah, I keep hearing from everyone how perfect everything looks. AHH I just want to go SO BAD!

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH SOOOOO SOOOOON!!!!
I'm so freaking excited for you!!!
You are going to have the absolute best time!!!!
And hey I convinced my scared-of-teacups cousin to ride TOT and R&R so anything is possible :lmao:

I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for you about seeing the new expansion!!

:rotfl2: bahahaha gosh i love you

Oh Eugene!!! He is one of the few men who makes a gotee look awesome, not creepy.

Oh I love levels of ridiculous amounts of excitement that hit the week before the trip!!!
Hyperactively laughing and crying at all times of day and night the week before is totally acceptable :rotfl:

Ahhhh you are going to have the BESTTT time!!!!

AHHHH THANK YOU!!!

That's encouraging!! I hope Lee-Anne ends up turning into a thrill ride junkie after this! haha.

Thank you!! Oh I hope to God they will open it for just a little while! I MUST SEE IT!!

You're right...goatees are normally not my fave, but Eugene can rock anything.

Hahahaha I hope so... cause I just keep randomly crying out and making questionable noises. I just can't stop freaking out!!!! 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Before I go back and catch up, just want to let y'all know that I started my PTR! The link is in my signature.

That's awesome!! I will check it out!

I haven't even seen Eric's castle! I've been totally avoiding the New Fantasyland photos. I just want to experience it in person! But yeah, I keep hearing from everyone how perfect everything looks. AHH I just want to go SO BAD!

Oh my goodness, well let me just say, be careful what you look at on twitter, picture-wise. I have this sickness where I ALWAYS look at a picture if someone posts one, and someone (I don't even remember who it was) put up a picture where the entire tweet was just the link to the picture, and I clicked it innocently, not knowing about the soft openings yet, and SAW IT BY ACCIDENT! But I'm with you, I want everything to be a surprise and I'm avoiding it all like the plague! I'm being very careful now that I know there are so many spoilers out there! The good thing is that I'd already seen the unfinished castle in person, so this was basically the same, just a complete version. But it was beautiful and perfect so I really do hope you get to see it all when you go!

Yay 5 days!!! :cool1:

I hope you get to see the new Fantasyland while you're there! I'm hoping I can see it in November, but I'm going when they are doing AP previews, so I'm not sure if they will be doing anything for the public when the AP previews are finished. Keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Your trip sounds like it's going to be amazing! :cheer2:

I'm not on Twitter yet, but if I join, I will definitely follow you! I keep thinking about joining, but I never get around to it! :rotfl:

4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, well let me just say, be careful what you look at on twitter, picture-wise. I have this sickness where I ALWAYS look at a picture if someone posts one, and someone (I don't even remember who it was) put up a picture where the entire tweet was just the link to the picture, and I clicked it innocently, not knowing about the soft openings yet, and SAW IT BY ACCIDENT! But I'm with you, I want everything to be a surprise and I'm avoiding it all like the plague! I'm being very careful now that I know there are so many spoilers out there! The good thing is that I'd already seen the unfinished castle in person, so this was basically the same, just a complete version. But it was beautiful and perfect so I really do hope you get to see it all when you go!

I don't look at anything that even faintly seems like it may be New Fantasyland related, don't worry! I absolutely can not wait to see it in person. I'm just gonna cry. Even if we can't actually go into New Fantasyland, seeing what I can from the outside will be amazing too!

Yay 5 days!!! :cool1:

I hope you get to see the new Fantasyland while you're there! I'm hoping I can see it in November, but I'm going when they are doing AP previews, so I'm not sure if they will be doing anything for the public when the AP previews are finished. Keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Your trip sounds like it's going to be amazing! :cheer2:

I'm not on Twitter yet, but if I join, I will definitely follow you! I keep thinking about joining, but I never get around to it! :rotfl:

4 DAYS!!!!!!!! AHH!!

Yeah, it sounds like you're in the same boat as me with the AP/CM previews. Blah. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that we'll end up there at the right time when they are letting people in!

Ahh thank you! I am so excited to do everything we have planned! I have actually succeeded in not changing anything around since I last posted, so I'm very proud! LOL. I did add something in, but that's all, I promise!

You should join! I seriously love Twitter. I just may be a bit addicted.

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 8, Part 6 In Which There Is More Free Food!

I'm just gonna say it: I may have exaggerated my experience with the Germans at Karamel Kuche just a tad.

What actually did occur was just some good ol' fashioned conversation with some good looking boys. It was then that I think I finally was able to drop my gloomy mood.

If you are ever a little down, I HIGHLY suggest going to Epcot. Besides the hot foreign CMs, they also have like... a show called Soaring, or something. My point is: It's just a wonderful place.

Also: I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not discuss how slowly time is moving. I feel like I am stuck.

If you ever want your life to slow down... PLAN A DISNEY TRIP. Sheesh. Will it ever get here!?!?!?!!

I just. CANNOT. WAIT. Oh and I'm SUPER excited cause I added another thing to our trip... something I have never tried before!! Very exciting!!!! AHHH!H!KJHKJ!H!!! etc. Ok, back to the report!!

My mom called to say she had entered the park and would be at our planned meet-up spot momentarily, so I made my way over to Future World not intending to stop.

I ended up dropping by the La Cantina in Mexico because hello, I had hummus but nothing to put it on! I obviously needed some tortilla chips. My mom loves hummus probably even more than I do so I thought it would be nice if I could get some chips and we could have a snack before carrying on with our evening.

So I go up to the counter, and ask if I could just get like a little side order of chips.

The CM said, "You just want chips? Nothing else? But they come with... uh, I don't know if we can do that."

Another CM overheard and said, "You just want some chips?"

"Yes please. To go," I said.

"Sure. Just give them to her. Just put them in one of those bags."

WHAT?! MORE FREE DISNEY FOOD? SERIOUSLY? I was on a roll! I should have shown up to Le Cellier and demanded an entire pot of Cheddar Cheese Soup at that point. They probably would have handed it right over!

I tried to insist on paying SOMETHING for the chips, but she said, "It's okay. Enjoy them!" I was shocked. So I just thanked her over and over and we exchanged "Have a magical night!" pleasantries.

Disney Cast Members are truly the best.

Please, don't go to these restaurants and ask for free things. lol. I debated on whether or not to even write about this in the TR because some guests have a tendency to take advantage. Not that I think any of my disfriends would do this, but you know, I have no idea who else is reading this and may pick up on it and become furious when they don't get free chips. So ya know... whatever. If things like this happen it's just extra magic, you shouldn't go expecting it though.

I continued on to Future World, free hummus and chips in hand. I was very much cheered up by now. Hey, that's what the threat of a German brawl over your hand in marriage and free food will to do ya. Not to mention the great wine and chocolates. I would not be able to cope with life without all the aforementioned things!

I was very excited to meet up with my mom. There was a lot of soloness for me that day, and while it's good to be alone sometimes, I was pretty lonely with my almost at the end of our Disney trip blues.

We had some very fabulous plans for the rest of the evening. Starting with:
7812676836_1f3898b266_z.jpg

TEST TRACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAWWWW YEAH! I told my mom about the free hummus and chips I acquired, but we both decided it would be wise to eat them AFTER going on Test Track as opposed to before. Heh.

I mean, after all, it is the GET IN, GRAB IN, LET 'ER RIP RIDE THAT PUTS *YOU* IN A TEST CAR, RUNS IT THROUGH ITS PACES, ON ONE OF THE LONGEST, FASTEST RIDES IN WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!! LET'S HIT IT.

I love Stacey more than air.

WELL there was no wait for the ride, in fact they weren't even showing the pre show! The doors to the room were just wide open, so we walked right through. It was another comical moment of Disney being SO empty. It was like they just gave up.

I love this ride, and sadly, it's going to be closed when we're there in FOUR DAYS!!! Ahh! I can't wait to see the refurbished version though, I'm sure it will be even better!

I mean, come on. It's TEST TRACK, BABY!!!!!!

7812610360_067e4b6783_z.jpg

I took this in the dump shop. People always tease me about still having a BlackBerry, but I really don't care about having the newest top of the line phone. The only reason I want an iPhone is because of how cool the Disney cases look. Seriously. LOL.

Epcot was closing so we headed out of the park while enjoying our hummus and chips. Ahem... FREE hummus and chips. Free and DELICIOUS!! Thank you, Awesome Cast Members!!!

We did NOT head to the bus stops to catch a ride to Pop Century. No sir eeee.

We DID walk up the monorail ramp. Cause the Magic Kingdom was open til MIDNIGHT, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we had a good three hours of Livin It Up ahead of us. You know how we do.

7812610012_15e94a3898_z.jpg

Goodnight, Epcot!

We got on the monorail and I remember being very giggly and happy. It was so nice to be in my default happy Disney mood, as opposed to what was going on earlier.

Soon, this was in front of us!

7812609670_671d6c347f_z.jpg

Again... I'm laughing at the lack of crowds. SERIOUSLY, were they giving away free tacos over at Universal or something? This is THE MAGIC KINGDOM! WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

7812609378_a1b7097d81_z.jpg

7812609108_6910d26acf_z.jpg

7812608628_803e7dc370_z.jpg

I posted on Twitter:
I literally just said "if I died here, I wouldn't even notice because Disney World is my Heaven."

HAH. That is the TRUTH right there. If it's true that Heaven is personalized for each individual... I'm going straight to Disney after I croak.

Up Next: A mellow (for us) evening at the MK.​

I seriously need to go to Disney with you sometime just so I can get free food. Of course they gave the free chips to you since you are the Queen of the Polynesian.

Oh the Magic Kingdom in all of its Christmas decorations, how I love you so much. Only 36 days until I’m at home again…but more importantly, 4 DAYS UNTIL YOU ARE THERE!!!! YAHOOO!!

Dang, you were seriously on a roll with that free food! When a cast member is good, they're great. There is basically nothing between terrible and amazing. Luckily, most of them are amazing and would do something like that just because. It's wonderful!

Seriously. That's the only reason I want an iPhone too. Every time I see a new Disney phone case I just want to run to the Apple store.

Ahhh that castle is making me so nostalgic. It's such a beautiful thing. </3

4 more days!!!!!

I think Disney heaven is a fab concept!

Also, I'm right behind with only 24 days!! What are most excited for??

3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously need to go to Disney with you sometime just so I can get free food. Of course they gave the free chips to you since you are the Queen of the Polynesian.

Oh the Magic Kingdom in all of its Christmas decorations, how I love you so much. Only 36 days until I’m at home again…but more importantly, 4 DAYS UNTIL YOU ARE THERE!!!! YAHOOO!!

That's right. The Queen is internationally recognized!!! I would be happy to assist you on scoring free food anytime!

3 DAYS!!! AHH!!! How exciting, 36 days for you! Oh how I will miss being there during the Christmas season!

Dang, you were seriously on a roll with that free food! When a cast member is good, they're great. There is basically nothing between terrible and amazing. Luckily, most of them are amazing and would do something like that just because. It's wonderful!

Seriously. That's the only reason I want an iPhone too. Every time I see a new Disney phone case I just want to run to the Apple store.

Ahhh that castle is making me so nostalgic. It's such a beautiful thing. </3

Yeah, I don't know what was happening. It's like I had a sign on my head that said, "I'm hungry, PLEASE help me." People were just dishing it out like Lumiere in Be Our Guest. It was awesome. B/c the cast members are AWESOME.

Meeee too! I tried finding a Disney Blackberry phone case and they're all not even cute. Le sigh. Ah well, someday when iPhones are not considered "the thing" anymore and the new "thing" is an even more ridiculously expensive phone, I shall get one, and I shall have my Disney case once and for all!!

I know! I can't believe I get to see it so soon!!!!!

Ugh now I want hummus so bad. :rotfl:

I'm so happy you ended up on a journey for hummus b/c of me! Well, maybe it wasn't a JOURNEY since you just went to a local store. But it's more dramatic if we call it a journey!

4 more days!!!!!

I think Disney heaven is a fab concept!

Also, I'm right behind with only 24 days!! What are most excited for??

THREE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

Isn't it? When I check out of THIS world... I'M GOIN' TO DISNEY WORLD! Woo!

24 days, YEAH!!!!! What am I MOST excited for? Oh my Gosh... so much. This is a BIG trip. I mean, probably the fact that I'm going with Lee-Anne, who is one of my best friends ever, who I've known for 5 years and have NEVER had a fight with, who is always there for me, who loves Disney so much and is FINALLY getting to go back again, who makes me laugh HYSTERICALLY. So. That's the BEST part. Cause even when we go to places that aren't that fun... we have a BLAST. So put us in Disney... and I really can't even imagine this. It's gonna be insane. I still can't believe this is happening!

AAAAAAAAAAH, you're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to get your tweets texted to me so I don't miss anything.

I love love love that last shot of Epcot you took with the lights on the ground. It's beautiful! *tear*

I'm sad this will be over, but then you'll be back soon with a new update so yay!

I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED FOR YOU, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. It's kind of creepy actually. <3

THREE DAYS! I hope for your sake that the next few days fly by, but I know what you mean about time slowing down before a trip. It's a cruel trick the world plays.

Fun story about La Cantina and tortilla chips: A few years ago, I was in Epcot on New Year's Eve, and I really wanted chips & guac, so naturally I headed to La Cantina. Except that at this time, chips & guac weren't on the menu. Chips and salsa was on the menu, and you could order a side of guac, but you couldn't get chips & guac together. So I explained my predicament to the CM and she said it was no problem, but it was CRAZY busy. Like, the opposite of the crowd level during your trip. So she might not have heard me clearly. I went up to the counter to wait on my food, and when my food came out, it was a basket with soft tortillas with a little cup of guac on the side. I was so stunned, I didn't say anything, but I was also really hungry by this time, so I ate it anyway. And that's my story. :upsidedow

I hope you have a fabulous trip! I'll be living vicariously through your tweets.

THREE DAYS! I hope for your sake that the next few days fly by, but I know what you mean about time slowing down before a trip. It's a cruel trick the world plays.

Fun story about La Cantina and tortilla chips: A few years ago, I was in Epcot on New Year's Eve, and I really wanted chips & guac, so naturally I headed to La Cantina. Except that at this time, chips & guac weren't on the menu. Chips and salsa was on the menu, and you could order a side of guac, but you couldn't get chips & guac together. So I explained my predicament to the CM and she said it was no problem, but it was CRAZY busy. Like, the opposite of the crowd level during your trip. So she might not have heard me clearly. I went up to the counter to wait on my food, and when my food came out, it was a basket with soft tortillas with a little cup of guac on the side. I was so stunned, I didn't say anything, but I was also really hungry by this time, so I ate it anyway. And that's my story. :upsidedow

I hope you have a fabulous trip! I'll be living vicariously through your tweets.

Aww, that's such a sweet story!

AAAAAAAAAAH, you're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to get your tweets texted to me so I don't miss anything.

I love love love that last shot of Epcot you took with the lights on the ground. It's beautiful! *tear*

I'm sad this will be over, but then you'll be back soon with a new update so yay!

I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED FOR YOU, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. It's kind of creepy actually. <3

AHHHH I KNOW. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

Thanks! I love those snowflake lights. They also project "Goodbye" in every language of the World Showcase onto SSE, but it's in the other side.

It won't be over for awhile! I still have another update of Day 8, and then there's the ENTIRE Day 9 and 10. So... this trip report will go on and on just like the last one, LOL. And I'm sure the next one will be endless too. This is the trip report that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends!!!!

AHH THANK YOU!! I do know, cause I get THAT excited when Kara, Jess, and/or Kristen all go. And I will be that excited when you go for your Disneymoon!!! AHHH!!! Happy days :) It's so fun sharing the magic with my disfriends!!!

THEY ARE NOT FLYING BY. AT ALL. Minutes are like hours. It's awful. But SOON I will be in the center of paradise so it's all good.

That's funny... who eats soft tortillas with guac? How odd! Sorry you never got your trips. Ahh I'm so happy I haven't experienced those crowd levels. But I REALLY want to go for New Years someday, so I'm sure I will!

Thank you so much! I will tweet as much as possible. I hope you enjoy them!!!

What week did you go again? I'm considering a Christmas trip next year and would love to have crowds like this!

We were there December 5-14. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended. I have never seen Disney more empty. You would love it! And if you do go, make sure you schedule specific nights for the Osborne Lights, Holiday Illuminations, and the Candlelight Processional. If you can fit it into the budget, I would say MVMCP too - we didn't do it, and I ended up regretting it and wishing we did!

Ugh, I know what you mean about the time before a Disney trip going so slow! I have exactly 3 WEEKS til my trip, and I feel like time is standing still! :rotfl: I'm just trying to put a better spin on it by telling myself that even though I have 3 weeks, I only have to work 13 days out of those 3 weeks, so I suppose it's not that bad...I feel like the next 2 weeks are going to DRAG though! :crazy2:

Awww, Disney CM's are so sweet, I love that they just gave you free chips! I know it's just a simple thing, but it's just such a nice gesture. I love hearing stories like that! :goodvibes

Those snowflakes on the ground in your picture of Epcot are making me cry a little...I loved being there in December last year! :sad:

Wow, the MK was so empty when you went back for magic hours!! I am SO excited for magic hours at MK on our trip, they extended the MK hours til 12 am and there are magic hours til 3 IN THE MORNING!!! AHHHH I'm SO excited I don't know what to do with myself! I want to stay until the very last minute. My DH, of course, doesn't share my enthusiasm, so I said when he gets tired he can leave and I'll take the bus back to our resort...I feel like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, since we never go in the summer, or any other peak time where it would be open this late! I can't wait!!! :hyper:

TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I know what you mean about the time before a Disney trip going so slow! I have exactly 3 WEEKS til my trip, and I feel like time is standing still! :rotfl: I'm just trying to put a better spin on it by telling myself that even though I have 3 weeks, I only have to work 13 days out of those 3 weeks, so I suppose it's not that bad...I feel like the next 2 weeks are going to DRAG though! :crazy2:

Awww, Disney CM's are so sweet, I love that they just gave you free chips! I know it's just a simple thing, but it's just such a nice gesture. I love hearing stories like that! :goodvibes

Those snowflakes on the ground in your picture of Epcot are making me cry a little...I loved being there in December last year! :sad:

Wow, the MK was so empty when you went back for magic hours!! I am SO excited for magic hours at MK on our trip, they extended the MK hours til 12 am and there are magic hours til 3 IN THE MORNING!!! AHHHH I'm SO excited I don't know what to do with myself! I want to stay until the very last minute. My DH, of course, doesn't share my enthusiasm, so I said when he gets tired he can leave and I'll take the bus back to our resort...I feel like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, since we never go in the summer, or any other peak time where it would be open this late! I can't wait!!! :hyper:

Oh man... time is going so slow that I've given up on the whole "freaking out and screaming" part of my excitement. It's too exhausting. Time is STANDING STILL. I can't even describe this phenomenon right now. I'm serious, I've never had a longer week. EVER. I hope you fare better with your trip!! 3 weeks woohoo!!!

Exactly, it is a simple thing, but it means so much!

Aww, so did I! I'm sad I'm missing Christmas at Disney this time around, but I'm SOOO excited for fall at Disney!

THAT'S AMAZING!!! Mk EMH is seriously one of my favorite things to do...ever. It's just a blast. I'm sure the park will be empty by like 12:30 and you can have free reign of the kingdom! :thumbsup2

I love your new Rapunzel icon!!!

Public Service Announcement: IT IS AFTER MIDNIGHT AND SO THAT MEANS I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW. Thank you and goodnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!