"This is NOT the once in a lifetime trip I was hoping for!" - (Baby Simba - 12/18)

I also like taking things slow at WDW. I love just sitting and looking around. I rarely get to do that, but I realized that to me that's what makes the best of a vacay. Time to relax = heaven.

Day 5 part 2 - The One With The Chocolate Incident

Why would we waste our time in Innoventions so early in the morning? To do this, of course!

427_zpsa8642511.jpg

I know for a fact that going upside down in one of those simulators would make me sick. The father-daughter team designed and tested their own roller-coaster while baby and I walked around and took pictures. I cheated and some of the pictures in the previous update should go here, but I didnt want to have an extra update just for a few photos later on.

433_zps7321fd96.jpg

This is called a Vision House. You can tour it, but weve never done it.

434_zpsb095f08c.jpg

424_zps442beb11.jpg

They have a small play area for kids next to the Vision House.

435_zps90c23c66.jpg

Stormstruck is a fun interactive exhibit about natural disasters. We tried it in 2009.

429_zpsab285c51.jpg

431_zps2b73e3ff.jpg

430_zpsa3566105.jpg

Someone seems to think Innoventions is boring...

432_zpsbbac3fae.jpg

Finally it was their turn to get into a simulator.

438_zps5ddd1faf.jpg

I think this was Otakus first time. She loved it.

439_zps0a3405f6.jpg

This is when we Tested the Limits and overloaded the system. We got out via the door closest to Mission Space. Maybe we wanted to see if Test Track was running? It probably wasnt, but we did run into the Jammitors.

440_zps77db2577.jpg

441_zps1801b865.jpg

We listened to them for a while. Theyre pretty cool. Otaku seemed to think so as well, and recorded part of their performance on her ipod.

It was my turn to ride something and I chose Living With The Land. We went down the stairs closest to Soarin and... thats where the line for LWTL started. We encountered the craziest, longest line weve ever seen for that ride! I thought this was supposed to be a low crowd day!! You failed me again, Touring Plans Crowd Calendar. The wait time said 10 minutes, but it obviously wasnt true. Sure enough, it jumped to 90 minutes(!) soon after. It eventually went down to 45-50 minutes and stayed that way the whole time we were in The Land. What exactly did we do in The Land all this time? We had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons! Yep, for once we were reasonable and ate breakfast (though I think we ended up skipping lunch??).

I got the kids French Toast, which were pretty good. Basic, but good.

442_zps3f914590.jpg

Ron got some basic breakfast platter I think. It had the usual: sausage, bacon, egg, toast, etc. I guess he liked it.

443_zpsddb41056.jpg

Otaku had some berry croissant pudding, which she LOVED! She said it really tasted like a croissant.

444_zpsb06adc65.jpg

I also had gotten a chocolate milk to go with my breakfast, as I do most mornings (I dont drink coffee). For some STUPID unknown reason, I decided to shake it. But I did that AFTER I had most probably loosened the cap, because it splattered ALL OVER myself, including on my new (white!) 2013 WDW hoodie (which I dont even remembered when I bought). I was SO sad. This was not turning out to be a good day. SAD FACE. I guess we would be doing laundry that afternoon...

Soon our FP time for Soarin was up, so Ron let me go first to try and cheer me up.

445_zps873935bb.jpg

At least thats always a relaxing ride, though I did notice the dust and black spots on the screen a lot more.

We got out to find Ron sitting on a bench near the exit and Claudia sleeping in his arms. He handed her to me and went back on Soarin with otaku using the baby swap. She surprisingly did not wake up right away, though she did wake up soon after.

448_zpsd50996b1.jpg

She had a lot of fun smiling to the little girl and her mom sitting next to us.

Soarin had run out of FPs for the day while we were inside.

446_zpsb6229dcd.jpg

It was time to go do laundry and try to salvage my new shirt. We would then head to another park because Epcot was CRAZY busy. First we hit up Club Cool. Wed all tried the Beverly before (we had tricked Otaku back in 2009, fun times!). We decided to try it again to see if it tastes as bad as we remembered.

449_zps38728c36.jpg

450_zpsdf20f05c.jpg

I told you I was obsessed with Epcot monorail pics. Here are a couple more.

451_zps011f7c26.jpg

I like this one, though a blue sky would have made it better.

452_zps2b2a442a.jpg

Ron wanted me to take a picture of that crane.

453_zps03db6fce.jpg

World Showcase, we wont be seeing you today.

454_zps487ee98c.jpg

And with that, we walked out of Epcot through the International Gateway and went back to Beach Club.

I would have spilled the chocolate milk too so I relate to your frustration lol

Am really not sure why we haven't spent much time in Innoventions... it looks great!

Oh that darn cat!

We looked so long for it.

When I asked CM about it they were so impressed that I knew and where like you are a Disney "connaisseur". One cm said it in like codes.. It was so weird lol While one told me where it was but I turns out I thought she meant some place else. We finally found it lol It's so huge. Last time we saw it it was on a roof top. We didn't think it was that big hehe

Great UK and Canada pictures!

I must admit that we haven't spent a lot of time in Innoventions, we keep saying that we will but then never do lol

I love the sleeping Mickey and Minnie too, In fact, I bought the Mickey for my friends baby and he can't seem to sleep without it :)

Since we spend a lot of time at Epcot, we tend to separate our days with one being mostly Future World, and one being mostly World Showcase. So on our Future World day, when crowds get big and the temperature gets too hot in the afternoon, we visit Innoventions. It's a lot of fun!

That's cute! :cutie: I didn't buy any plush toy for Claudia because she already had plenty (according to Ron. I'm of the belief a kid can never have too many plushies). A friend got her the baby Goofy, but so far she prefers to sleep with nothing at all.

Those pictures of World Showcase with no people are awesome!

I had no idea they closed TT when it rained. I've had amazing luck with no rain at Disney. As a matter of fact, the last four trips I took have had less that an hour of rain combined.

I love all of the details in Mousegears. Although I'm not sure I'd want to be a CM in the last room with the ticking noise. It was starting to annoy me and I was only there for a few minutes!

One of these days I'm going to actually go in Innovations and try some of the stuff. I haven't even been in that side of Innovations. Mom and I did walk through the other side to get to the Visa Picture Place but that was it.

Being able to walk through an empty World Showcase is a great advantage of staying at Beach Club.

Yes, TT closes when it rains, even if it's quite light. You are so luck to have come across so little rain!!!

I'm glad I never noticed the ticking noise in Mousegear, because I'm sure it would have driven me crazy!

You have to try Innoventions! It's so cool. We have a science center here that is somewhat similar with interactive stuff, just on a much smaller scale, and I like it.

I love that Otaku ended up liking some princess stuff! It's the Disney Magic I swear!

Popping into Epcot through that back entrance is the main draw for those resorts for me. What an easy way to start the day!

Yup, Disney magic! She ended up buying one of those shirts a few days later.

It was really great to be able to walk through Epcot so easily, whether it was early in the morning or late at night. :goodvibes

Gosh, Claudia is sooooo adorable.. That little face!

I love those Princess shirts too... I want one for my next trip ;)

Can't wait to read more about Epcot, I hate to say it, but it's my least favorite park but I hope to next time, explore it a little more and maybe learn to love it. ;)

Thank you! :lovestruc

You should get one! They are so fashionable!

You'll have to wait to later to read about Epcot because as you can see we got the heck out of there after the chocolate incident and because of the crowds. We did come back to Epcot several more times during the trip though.

I find Epcot is a bit like AK in that the more you explore it and take your time, the more you can enjoy it. It doesn't have the thrills of DHS or the sheer amount of attractions that MK does, yet we have no problem finding things to keep us occupied for days. :)

LOVE this picture...Peanut is just precious.

I hate when the rain closes down Test Track; hope you got on it later.

I can understand why those princess t-shirts caught Otaku's eyes...I really like them too.

It's one of my favorite pictures too. So funny! Even the palm tree on my shirt makes it look like she has a mohawk. :lmao:

It took me several more days before I made it on Test Track, but once I did I made up for lost time.

I love how different those princess shirts are, and I love how Otaku has her own sense of style too.

So cool to see WS with no one in it!

The new princess shirts are....interesting. Part of me likes them, part of me dislikes them changing the princesses like that. :confused3

The picture of Claudia on the bed is adorable!!!

Yes, it was quite cool to see WS so empty. :)

I don't mind the princess shirts, as long as it's just one variation, and that it doesn't become their main look.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Here I am. Sorry it took so long!

Yay! Glad you made it! Better late than never.

I don't think we've ever made it to that side of Innoventions before! It looks like a lot of fun (even if Claudia didn't think so, LOL!).

We are so, so familiar with the Soarin' baby swap!

We had a line for LWTL this trip, too...I mean, not THAT kind of line, but a line!:lmao:

So sorry about the chocolate milk incident. Sounds exactly like something I'd do!

I am finally caught up again!!! :thumbsup2

Yay! :cool1:

I will make an attempt to remember all of my comments, but I'm sure I will forget some things (I was on Page 16 :faint: ). I am soooo sorry I was so far behind! I literally fell asleep three different nights with your TR up on my computer screen! I am making an attempt to get back on a schedule to prepare Luke for Kindergarten. It has been working very well for the kids, but not so much for me (because I still stay up way too late & then just exhaust myself).

Yay for getting the kids on a schedule! You'll get the hang of it yourself eventually. I still sometimes go to bed way too late, but not as often as before.

Anyway, enough about that!! And back to your TR! ;)

I LOVE your pictures of the Beach Club!!! It is such a beautiful resort!!! I was definitely spoiled by the International Gateway & boat/walk to DHS the year we stayed there! I doubt we will stay there again in the near future, but I hope to at some point just for the location! I also really want to try Beaches & Cream! We just never made it over there because of other ADR's.

We did find the Beach Club very pretty, though too calm for us. Nothing beats the walk to Epcot/DHS though. If I could walk to two parks from AoA I'd never stay anywhere else. :rotfl2: Can you believe we only made it to the to-go counter of Beaches & Cream? I wanted to try it several times! I HAVE to go back!

The Solarium is AMAZING and soooo peaceful and relaxing!! I chatted with my mom on the phone one night down there for over an hour. Everyone else was sleeping in the room & I didn't want to wake them by talking, so I just went for a walk. I ended up sitting in a chair along the wall by the paintings. Sadly, the next day it went under refurb :sad: so I wasn't able to enjoy it again. I believe it was closed for 2-3 days/nights while they redid the floors, but of course the day they reopened it, we were leaving for our flight home. We did sit in the room where the tv is while we ate our breakfast and waited for Magical Express.

That's the flip side to the solarium. It's a great place for someone to chat on the phone with someone, but then anybody else who enters the room has to listen to that conversation if the person doesn't speak low enough. Still, what a great room.

Your pictures of Stormalong Bay are awesome! Much better than the ones that I took. We only made it down to the pool twice during our trip because of thunderstorms & late nights at Epcot. I was sad that we didn't try out the big slide! The one night, Luke just played in the sand for hours. We were disappointed that evening too because they closed the pool because of lightning. (I'm glad they closed it because of safety but sad we didn't get to enjoy it more.)

We didn't make it to the pool often either. I also would have had even better pictures had I not forgotten the underwater camera back in the room. Claudia enjoyed playing in the sand too. :)

I know what you mean about the "feel" of the resort not "being you" -- that makes complete sense to me! We really felt that way too when we toured the monorail resorts. We LOVED them and they are GORGEOUS!! We mainly couldn't ever see ourselves staying at the GF. I still can't believe I finally made it over there & didn't go in Basin White or the gift shop at GF!!! I was honestly afraid of touching anything there! I looked inside the gift shop but never entered. I would've went inside Basin White but at the time, we were carrying Tyler and he was getting heavy. LOL!

That's what is so great about the variety of the Disney resort. There is something for everyone, so even if one is "not you", it will be home to somebody else and another resort will be home to you. GF is too fancy for me, but I'd call the Poly home any day!

Those crowds at MK are scary!! That EXACT place where you ran into "the wall" of people is where we ran into it last September!!! The wait times you posted honestly brought back some really bad memories for me. We purposely went last September because my parents go every year August/Sept to avoid crowds. But of course the year we choose to go in Sept, it is crazy crowded! :confused3 The crowds still have me puzzled, but it's over now so I guess I should just let it go. LOL We saw wait times between 180-260. It was beyond INSANE! Good job getting the FP's for Peter Pan and Dumbo though!!! I wish we had grabbed FP's for PP but we got them for LM instead but didn't get to use them since we were eating at BoG during that time. I wish I had waited 15-25 more minutes before grabbing the FP's.

I can only hope that the new Rapunzel area will help with alleviating the wall of people in that area. It's really weird that you saw those big crowds before Christmas though. While I was lucky to get a FP for Peter Pan, in retrospect I should have just avoided that area completely that day and get a FP for Jungle Cruise or Buzz Lightyear instead. Leave PP for a less crowded day.

I LOVE the ears that you and Otaku chose!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! Otaku's ears fit her style so well!

Your list of the items you had in the stroller and in your backpack are very useful. I hope that other moms see the list & can utilize your wisdom for their own trips with infants! I was reading over it & comparing your trip with ours. I was definitely thankful the entire time that Tyler could eat off of our plates. It made me very nervous because he was just starting table foods. He ate a lot of "first foods" on our trip & I am sooooo thankful he didn't have allergic reactions to anything! I was also worried about the combo of heat & new foods, but he did very well the whole trip. I took baby snacks (animal crackers, Mum Mum crackers, pretzels, etc) for both kids to eat while waiting at the bus stop or to give Tyler on the bus. I know it says "No food/drink" on the buses, but I honestly can't see another passenger or the bus driver complaining if a baby is eating a snack just to keep them calm. I did this almost every day & I never had an issue. I only felt bad once when another little boy whispered to his mom "You said we weren't allowed to eat on the bus, but they are" and I offered him crackers but the mom said no. I totally understand not taking food from strangers, but I did feel bad breaking the rule at that point. The mom looked at me sympathetically though, not like she was annoyed, so I'm sure she understood why I gave them to the kids.

I decided to write my own TR. There is just so much I want to share with others about traveling with an "almost one" year old, crowds, Christmas decor, traveling with two kids for the first time, etc. I'll let you know when I start it!

I know I had more comments but I think I wrote enough for now. LOL I'll keep up better from now on!!!

I'm glad the transition from AoA to BC was easy!!! Enjoying all of your updates & pictures!

I started replying above in TEAL, but I'll have to come back later to finish it. You sure have given me a lot to read! :crazy2: :rotfl:

The Auntie gravity strawberry-banana smoothie is def a must-do for me for the past few trips.

Confession time: I've never done anything in Innoventions, East or West!!!! I walked thru last February but didn't do anything. I was trying to do Sum of All Thrills that time, but the line was insane. I keep saying I will next trip, but I never get the time. It was on my to do list for after Illuminations last trip, but since I was sick I left right after and didn't get to.

I always have breakfast at Sunshine, and enjoy it. It's nothing crazy, but good tasting basic breakfast food.

I love the picture of Otaku and Ron after trying Beverly again. They both have that "Why did we do this?" look! :rotfl:

Congratulations to Miss Claudia on learning to crawl! That's awesome. :goodvibes

I don't think I have ever seen a wait longer than 10 minutes for living with the land. That's crazy. I hope you managed to get the chocolate milk stain off your sweater.

The chocolate milk incident is totally something that I would do. Last night I dropped some ketchup and ended up with it all over my sleeve and in my hair. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me. :lmao:

Looks like Ron and Otaku (is that right? I'm having a terrible time with her name) were having a lot of fun in Innovations. You seem like a great stepmom. :goodvibes

Your list of the items you had in the stroller and in your backpack are very useful. I hope that other moms see the list & can utilize your wisdom for their own trips with infants!

I hope so too! I know I learned a lot on traveling with a baby from my readers and their TRs, and I hope I can help other moms in return.

I was reading over it & comparing your trip with ours. I was definitely thankful the entire time that Tyler could eat off of our plates. It made me very nervous because he was just starting table foods. He ate a lot of "first foods" on our trip & I am sooooo thankful he didn't have allergic reactions to anything! I was also worried about the combo of heat & new foods, but he did very well the whole trip.

We went out to brunch with Ron's family last weekend. We did not bring any puree for Claudia. She just ate the fruits, cheese, eggs, pancakes, etc. available there. It was sooooo much easier! Definitely something to keep in mind for future trips. Traveling before a baby starts food (when just on milk), or after the baby can eat table food is way less complicated than those few months in between when you have to heat up puree. I'm glad Claudia also doesn't have any allergic reactions so far. I started to be more liberal about letting her try new food without waiting 3-4 days in between.

I took baby snacks (animal crackers, Mum Mum crackers, pretzels, etc) for both kids to eat while waiting at the bus stop or to give Tyler on the bus. I know it says "No food/drink" on the buses, but I honestly can't see another passenger or the bus driver complaining if a baby is eating a snack just to keep them calm. I did this almost every day & I never had an issue. I only felt bad once when another little boy whispered to his mom "You said we weren't allowed to eat on the bus, but they are" and I offered him crackers but the mom said no. I totally understand not taking food from strangers, but I did feel bad breaking the rule at that point. The mom looked at me sympathetically though, not like she was annoyed, so I'm sure she understood why I gave them to the kids.

Yes, keeping kids quiet sometimes trumps other rules!

I decided to write my own TR. There is just so much I want to share with others about traveling with an "almost one" year old, crowds, Christmas decor, traveling with two kids for the first time, etc. I'll let you know when I start it!

Yay! I can't wait to read it!!

I know I had more comments but I think I wrote enough for now. LOL I'll keep up better from now on!!!

I'm glad the transition from AoA to BC was easy!!! Enjoying all of your updates & pictures!

Switching resorts could not have been easier. Despite that, Ron is still against split stays. He understood why we had to this time, but he prefers to have a full trip to enjoy the resort, especially since our break days are few and far between.

Remembered more!!! (Aren't you lucky to have to respond to all of this?! :faint:)

:faint: It's okay, I like reading responses and replying to those. ;)

I'm sooooo happy to hear you had a good experience at Harmony Barber Shop with Claudia's first haircut!!! We had a really great experience too! Love all of the pictures of her!! And you are absolutely right!! LOTS of great pic opportunities for moms!!! The first words out of the hairdresser's mouth were "Takes as many pics as you want!" and I sure did!!!!

I knew from the moment I saw the page for "first haircut" in the baby book that I wanted to have that experience be at Disney, and I'm so glad I did! It was awesome! The CM could not have been more sweet and patient. :goodvibes

I actually found myself taking lots of pictures of lights at Disney too! I have one from Kona that I'll post here for you since you just posted that update!

I just find it so great how every single area has different lighting depending on the theme, how Disney does details so well. Next trip I want to find something else to take pictures of, another detail that changes depending on location. Any idea? I was thinking maybe trashcans, or restrooms? Maybe CM costumes? Oooh, that would be a good way to force me to interact with CMs! I'll have to think about this...

Also thought you would like this picture! We were seated right beside it!

Stitch! In chocolate! It cannot get any better than this! :thumbsup2

Check-in Desk at Kona Cafe

Thanks for all the pictures.

Caught back up. Love the photo of Claudia with her "O" mouth.

Such a funny picture!

I can imagine the crowds for that holiday season. We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2010, and it was plenty crowded enough for me. (and that is supposed to be the slower part of the holiday season).

After New Year is suppose to be lower crowds than the week prior, but it sure wasn't the case this time! I'll be happy if I never experience those crowds ever again.

My DD is a big Stitch fan as well. I have found the best place for Stitch stuff is at the Poly in their gift shop upstairs.

Thanks for the tip! We didn't visit that store this time, nor did we visit the awesome art gallery at the Poly. Hopefully I'll have time to check those out next time!

Yay for Claudia!!! Everything will seem to happen so fast now. They manage to cruise through each stage at the blink of an eye. My DS never actually crawled. He would sit on his butt and scoot by wiggling his legs in and out. It was quite funny.

Haha, so cute! :rotfl: For a while I thought she'd skip crawling and go straight to walking since she had no interest in tummy time whatsoever, but then she just started to go through all those stages so fast like you said.
(other replies above in teal)

I also like taking things slow at WDW. I love just sitting and looking around. I rarely get to do that, but I realized that to me that's what makes the best of a vacay. Time to relax = heaven.

For us I think we need both: time to relax as well as time to go commando style and zoom through the parks. We have such a hard time slowing down though. We really have to force ourselves. Maybe if we went as often as you though it would make taking things slow easier. ;)

I don't know why we never go in Innoventions, it looks like fun! I guess because I'm so insane when it comes to Soarin' I just run right past it! :rotfl:

I want to try that croissant bread pudding, it looks so good! Ugh, sorry you ruined your shirt, I hope it wasn't ruined permanently!

We never see the Jammitors, ever. I think Brandon saw them while I was in MouseGear once and I got mad that he didn't come get me! :rotfl:

Yay, monorail pics! Love them!

I would have spilled the chocolate milk too so I relate to your frustration lol

Am really not sure why we haven't spent much time in Innoventions... it looks great!

It was annoying! The one time I wear a white sweater too...

You should check it out! There's lots to do! No need to do everything on the same day as well, but it's nice to take a break from the heat.

Oh that darn cat!

We looked so long for it.

When I asked CM about it they were so impressed that I knew and where like you are a Disney "connaisseur". One cm said it in like codes.. It was so weird lol While one told me where it was but I turns out I thought she meant some place else. We finally found it lol It's so huge. Last time we saw it it was on a roof top. We didn't think it was that big hehe

When I texted Hope to see if she knew where it was she said she would text you to ask. :) I too thought the cat would be smaller. It's really lucky that we found it at the end because we ended up never coming back to see the lights a second time.

Bummer about the chocolate milk .. I hope you got it out ! :sad2:

I did! Thank goodness because that WDW sweater was expensive!

I don't think we've ever made it to that side of Innoventions before! It looks like a lot of fun (even if Claudia didn't think so, LOL!).

We are so, so familiar with the Soarin' baby swap!

We had a line for LWTL this trip, too...I mean, not THAT kind of line, but a line!:lmao:

So sorry about the chocolate milk incident. Sounds exactly like something I'd do!

For you who live in tornado country, you guys would do awesome at the Stormstruck game! The first part is a video and you have to answer questions, then the second part (you do not need to go through the movie part to do the second part) is really for kids. It's a house and the kids have to do a few things to make it safer in case of a tornado or earthquake (if my memory is correct).

Those benches are so perfect for the Soarin' baby swap.

Who knew LWTL could have such a line?? Or any line at all for that matter! I read in another TR that the line was back down to reasonable time (10 minutes or so) later that afternoon. I guess everybody who did the Soarin' morning dash as well as everyone eating breakfast at Sunshine Seasons decided to go on LWTL at the same time.

The Auntie gravity strawberry-banana smoothie is def a must-do for me for the past few trips.

If you like those than you should try the one at Art of Animation if you ever visit/stay at that resort!

Confession time: I've never done anything in Innoventions, East or West!!!! I walked thru last February but didn't do anything. I was trying to do Sum of All Thrills that time, but the line was insane. I keep saying I will next trip, but I never get the time. It was on my to do list for after Illuminations last trip, but since I was sick I left right after and didn't get to.

I always have breakfast at Sunshine, and enjoy it. It's nothing crazy, but good tasting basic breakfast food.

I love the picture of Otaku and Ron after trying Beverly again. They both have that "Why did we do this?" look! :rotfl:

Innoventions is kinda like those animal trails at AK. If you walk through it fast, you'll think it's okay, nothing special. If you take your time though, try out a few of the activities, you'll realize it's a lot more fun than you thought! It usually closes at 7pm though, so be sure to check it out earlier.

Congratulations to Miss Claudia on learning to crawl! That's awesome. :goodvibes

I don't think I have ever seen a wait longer than 10 minutes for living with the land. That's crazy. I hope you managed to get the chocolate milk stain off your sweater.

Thanks! It's fun to see her go. :goodvibes

It really was crazy. I hope to never see such a line again. I did manage to get the stain out. Most of it came out that afternoon when I did laundry, and the rest came out when I washed it again at home. Phew!

The chocolate milk incident is totally something that I would do. Last night I dropped some ketchup and ended up with it all over my sleeve and in my hair. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me. :lmao:

Looks like Ron and Otaku (is that right? I'm having a terrible time with her name) were having a lot of fun in Innovations. You seem like a great stepmom. :goodvibes

I hope you got the ketchup out! I can be so clumsy for things like that. I just can't be bothered to be careful, I have more important/interesting things to think about. :upsidedow

You got the name right. Sorry to make it complicated for you, but I couldn't really call her princess or Tink, she might have killed me. ;) Yes, they had lots of fun. She's a great step-daughter, has always accepted me with open arms and rarely gets into trouble. Makes it easier to be a good step-mom. :)

I would be so mad about the milk too. I hope it came out.

I felt like crying. Thankfully it did come out, and I was able to have a nice end of the day as you will see.

I don't know why we never go in Innoventions, it looks like fun! I guess because I'm so insane when it comes to Soarin' I just run right past it! :rotfl:

I want to try that croissant bread pudding, it looks so good! Ugh, sorry you ruined your shirt, I hope it wasn't ruined permanently!

We never see the Jammitors, ever. I think Brandon saw them while I was in MouseGear once and I got mad that he didn't come get me! :rotfl:

Yay, monorail pics! Love them!

Well you don't have to go to Innoventions first thing in the morning like we did, but it's a fun place to go after the mad Soarin' dash, before World Showcase opens, or when the sun is too hot to walk around WS any longer. There's at least 5-6 games/interactive exhibits to try, you could research them (I talked about Stormstruck in my reply to Fantasylandmom above, you know Sum of All Thrills, and we will do two more games later in the trip) and pick just one (or two) to try next trip.:thumbsup2

Otaku LOVED that croissant bread pudding. I've also read good reviews of it in other TRs. You should definitely give it a try, after your Soarin' dash. ;)

I've stumbled upon Jammitors twice now, but both times have been towards the end of their act. I want to see them from the beginning, but I always forget to seek them out.

I got lucky this trip, and often saw the monorail go by. :goodvibes

Day 5 part 3 - The One With The Change Of Plans

I took all our dirty clothes that could go in the dryer (two loads), then headed down to the laundry room by the quiet pool.

461_zpsbaeb3de6.jpg

460_zps505e05ab.jpg

I stayed in the room while the laundry was going on and caught up on my trip journal. It was very hard fiding time to write that trip, between the crowds, the baby and being sick (which, by the way, I was not anymore. Woohoo! Finally!). I have no idea what the other three did during that time, but Im pretty sure they just relaxed in the room. At some point Ron came to check up on me. I asked him to take a picture of me to show you guys that I was indeed taking notes for this TR.

462_zps438758eb.jpg

He helped me put the clothes in the dryer. We separated the two loads into four loads as I wanted to make sure it would all dry on the first try. By 3pm the laundry was finished and we were walking to the bus stop to hit our second park of the day.

463_zps7367ad29.jpg

We had checked Touring Plans Lines app and Undercover Tourists crowd calendar and based on that had decided to try our hand at Animal Kingdom. We had only spent half a day there anyway. We managed to get there just before the parade started (it starts at 3:45pm) so we walked really fast to Africa to make sure we did not get caught watching it. We like it, but we had other plans for the day. The Safari was out of fastpasses, but the standby wait was only 20 minutes so we got in line.

464_zps7afa1b62.jpg

As you can see it was still pretty chilly even in the middle of the day.

465_zps55703dd3.jpg

466_zpsbcd7f6a6.jpg

467_zpse6af2257.jpg

It was 4pm by the time our turn to board came. We waited a little less than the 20 minutes posted wait.

468_zpsa16ca04d.jpg

The last safari of the day was departing only 30 minutes later. We saw several of these trucks. I think they had already started rounding up the animals for the night as we did not see nearly as many as usual.

478_zpsfe07496f.jpg

At least most of the animals we did see were pretty active. I wont be posting many comments, so just enjoy the pictures!

469_zpsb1eb24cd.jpg

This is used by the Wild Africa Trek I believe.

470_zps52dd982e.jpg

1343_zps6f325215.jpg

1344_zpsd9fbae57.jpg

1345_zps6156bc8f.jpg

1346_zps0a75bafd.jpg

471_zps1eb4ae4f.jpg

Keep on reading for more Safari pictures.

Day 5 part 4 – The One With The Active Lion

We drove through a pretty empty savannah next.

472_zpsdb91deed.jpg

473_zps3cbbe0d9.jpg

474_zps5445bfd0.jpg

475_zpsd3fcb1f9.jpg

476_zps053a8269.jpg

477_zps3483e65d.jpg

1347_zps97faff12.jpg

1348_zpsccf21687.jpg

1351_zps10fed33c.jpg

1352_zpsabfa3ab9.jpg

I’ve never seen the cheetah so close, and up and about!

1353_zps3e7d4f44.jpg

Look! Look! Look! The lion is up and walking!!!

1354_zps12027577.jpg

1355_zps02fa76ae.jpg

I guess it’s true what I had heard, the animals are more active when it’s chilly, like that day was.

1356_zps0fb130e9.jpg

We did not see any elephants. We did see plenty of the new zebras though.

479_zps9341d8c9.jpg

And that concludes our safari for the day. As we walked through Africa the Street Party was going on, like it had been on our first AK day. I tried to take a picture of the band, but too many people were walking by and this is the best I got.

480_zpscc4d9657.jpg

We took the path towards Asia and stopped to get a PP pic. He had us do a different pose this time.

Photo0094FourBySix_zps2ebd45ea.jpg

Photo0097FourBySix_zpsfcc60697.jpg

I feel like Expedition Everest looks so much more ominous in rainy weather. I like it! It’s probably the only thing I prefer with a grey sky.

481_zps1288c9ab.jpg

482_zpseaf8d3c8.jpg

We were not going there though. The plan for today was to do what we had missed the first time, which included shows. But which ones?

Awesome lion pics ! He loos much more scary when he's up and about rather than when he is lying around all lazy (thats how is is whenever I've seen him) !

EE looks really cool with the cloudy sky .. but i sure hope the weather got better for you guys ! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter