this is not good - disappearing reservation.

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jcjen519, Mar 27, 2014.

1. jcjen519

jcjen519 DIS Veteran

We have a big family reunion planned for June and I was sending an email to ipo this morning. I needed to include room reservation numbers because I was making requests for guests not staying in my room. I manage all the reservations for my parents and grandmother on my disney experience and i booked this trip so if something goes wrong I'd feel as though it was all my responsibility.

well I go to find my parent's reservation number, pulling it from my dis. exp. - no problem. But I go to find my grandmothers and nothing. a while ago i added a few days to the trip and hers was a reservation I had to actually book a second reservation in a different room type for because of availability. so I started to worry that the cm had cancelled the first reservation when making the second. I search my email and find NOTHING for that reservation. so i start to really worry that I never even made one for her.

I'm terrified because this whole trip is for her and there has not been anymore availability for our dates and I call regularly because i'm trying to eliminate a couple of 2 reservation, same hotel issues. just to avoid checking in and checking out ( i know no big deal but just rather not have to do it). so i'm pretty confident our desired rooms are not showing any availability for our dates unless maybe if i want to pay rack rate....which i don't :(

I sent ipo an email asking about this and i'm on hold with disney trying to figure this out. I can't tell on my bank statements the name of each person's room but it looks like I paid for her room based on the number of charges. But I never got an email and its not showing up on MDE. I know the reservation was at one point on mde unless i've lost my mind.

not much point to this I guess...just venting :( someone please tell me that mde sometimes just doesn't show all reservations for some reason and everything will be fine....please :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Autumnslight

Autumnslight DIS Veteran

Check again. Also, try both the app and the website. My reservations randomly disappear and reappear in MDE, with no rhyme or reason. They always come back eventually. I have six different reservations linked to MDE right now, and it's rare for all of them to be there properly at the same time. I've checked with Disney though, and the reservations are totally fine "behind the scenes". It's just an MDE issue.

It freaked me out the first couple times, but now it's become a joke. I say they're like the portraits in Harry Potter. "Oh, the reservation disappeared again. Must have gone to visit another reservation somewhere."

4. Bdev13

Bdev13 Earning My Ears

I had an issue the other day when a couple names disappeared from my reservation. Something happened when I was changing the magical express from my brother and sil, and it deleted 2 people. Anyways the point was the CM did tell me that they are having a glitch with memory maker.

I guess adding that to reservation is causing issues to existing reservations. Probably not the case here but wanted to let you know what I heard.

5. jcjen519

jcjen519 DIS Veteran

haha! I was finally able to locate the paper statement they sent me in the mail and I manually linked the reservation and it showed up again so everything is okay! phew!