This Is A Poncho-Free Zone!--May 22-29, 2010 PTR (New PTR!!!! 5/31)

Great buys at AG!!
My girls never heard of AG girl until about a year ago and I didn't bother telling them. Every summer we go to NJ to visit my mother and then we go to NYC so maybe we'll stop there. Hopefully I'll be good and will just BROUSE.
I was so sad to hear the WOD store in NYC city is closing.
P.S- Tomorrow on ABC Family all the shorts from the pixar movies are showing at 7 and 9.

Ally started getting the catalog about 2 years ago and she was hooked! I always wanted an AG doll--but I was a little older when they came out and I was already collecting Madame Alexander dolls. So I was excited to shop for AG!! We've been slowly reading the historical stories together. I wanted her to know the story behind the doll before she got it. We actually went to the AG Place in NYC last Christmas. We were visiting my family in Cherry Hill, NJ and took the train into NYC! We spent the day shopping there, got Ally's pic taken with her doll, and ate at the AG Cafe. It was AWESOME!! Then we went to the Dallas store this summer when we were there visiting Brent's sister.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pixar movie shorts. I'll have to catch the ones at 9 when we get home from church!!

Sounds like you need APs with three trips in a year!

So is Ally getting Kit for Christmas? Kirsten is coming to our house, and Emily too. There were some great deals, but I restrained. My mother in law and mom are getting them enough of that stuff for Christmas.

Hi Laura! Yes, Ally is getting Kit for Christmas. She's been wanting her for awhile now. She was sad about Kirsten's retirement (we've read her stories) but settled for a mini doll to remember her by!! :goodvibes

I wanted to share some pictures with you from our Thanksgiving! Ally was in a Thanksgiving Play at school in her Kindergarten class. It was a play I always did with my Kindergarten classes when I taught. I directed it--taught the kids their lines, the songs, etc. It was a lot of fun and the kids did a great job! Here's a pic of her class:
025.jpg

and Ally as a pilgrim
035.jpg

this was Claire during the play (she thought the teacher's pointer was Minnie's glove)
036.jpg

our family
061.jpg

That night we headed to Jackson, TN to spend the week with my parents. We went shopping in Nashville on Wednesday (Opry Mills) and then picked my brother up from the airport. Here's a pic of the girls that morning.
079.jpg

Thursday we woke up in time to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
my brother & the girls
091.jpg

Claire spotting the Mickey balloon!
107.jpg

128.jpg

Ally posing for the Buzz balloon
130.jpg

the girls dancing when they saw Santa
143.jpg

Ally with her MMCH placemat and napkin ring (we used it as a placecard instead)
150.jpg

the girls at their table
164.jpg

Ally reading from the Bible before the meal
167.jpg

me & Ally
169.jpg

Brent & me
171.jpg

Claire begging for food
172.jpg

happy when she got some!!
174.jpg

Ally & Nana
176.jpg

an empty plate!
186.jpg

all of the placecards that Ally made
200.jpg

On Saturday helping Pop Pop decorate the tree
001.jpg

006.jpg

Ally
013.jpg

my brother playing with Claire
027.jpg

Continued in next post . . .

Sunday evening we watched the Disney Holiday Special on HGTV. They showed behind the scenes of how they decorate the parks/resorts in WDW for Christmas. Ally and Nana ready to watch!!
036.jpg

The special was AMAZING!! Claire was glued to the TV!
034.jpg

Cinderella Castle looks incredible!!
031.jpg

After it was over we headed back home. On the way home the girls watched Sleeping Beauty as Brent and I talked. Brent and I had a long conversation. I told him we should definitely go to WDW around Christmas next year (2010) and he said yes, we should!!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1: He asked me if it's weird for us to be going twice in one year and I laughed out loud!! He doesn't care what people think but he has the Disney bug as badly as I do!! :goodvibes THEN I said that we should go the next year (2011) for Halloween and he agreed!! Whoo hoo!!!! I am VERY excited!!! :cheer2:

BTW--I went to the Disney Store yesterday to shop for my nephews and for birthday parties we have this weekend. They had a deal of Buy A Toy--Get A Toy FREE!! I could not believe it!! I got some great things for very little! AND I got 3 free child's tickets to see The Princess and the Frog! You get 1 for every $40 purchase!

First of all, GREAT pictures! You guys look like you had a great time on Thanksgiving!

And second of all - YEAH FOR CHRISTMAS 2010!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: That is SO GREAT!!!

Looks like Brent is a Disney convert....:rotfl: I am so excited for you guys!!

Oh--and one more thing!! When I was in the store yesterday they gave me this:
scan.jpg

I think I will definitely be taking the girls!! It sounds like a lot of fun!! :goodvibes

First of all, GREAT pictures! You guys look like you had a great time on Thanksgiving!

And second of all - YEAH FOR CHRISTMAS 2010!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: That is SO GREAT!!!

Looks like Brent is a Disney convert....:rotfl: I am so excited for you guys!!

Thanks Katie!! You can see even more in my albums on FB!! Yes, Brent is definitely a Disney convert!! :lmao:

Your Thanksgiving pictures are beautiful. It looks like you had a lot of fun with your family. How awesome to be planning 3 Disney trips!!!! One of my best friends is leaving for Disney on Saturday and I'm so jealous. She goes at this time every year. I've always wanted to see the parks all decorated for Christmas!

Oh my gosh, at first I thought you meant you were going to do May, Halloween, and Christmas trips all in 2010! But still, that is going to be awesome going twice in one year. I would so love to see all of the Christmas decorations in person, and of course MVMCP, and the Candlelight Processional. We taped that HGTV special, but haven't watched it yet. I think we'll watch it this Sunday at my parents after dinner - they are already asking me if I've found any deals yet for our trip next fall, so I know they're ready for some Disney!

I'm gonna hop on this train [a little late]! :) The week that you went last year is basically the week we're going this year so I'm praying that it'll be rain free for both your trip this year & mine! ;)

You're daughters are so adorable & you have such a cute family! I'm about halfway through your last TR, I've got to finish it!

:woohoo: for three Disney trips in the works.

:woohoo: Whoo hoo!! :woohoo: I bought my mom the Unofficial Guide 2010 today for Christmas and the lady who checked me out said she had been to WDW 63 times!!! I was amazed!!

Your Thanksgiving pictures are beautiful. It looks like you had a lot of fun with your family. How awesome to be planning 3 Disney trips!!!! One of my best friends is leaving for Disney on Saturday and I'm so jealous. She goes at this time every year. I've always wanted to see the parks all decorated for Christmas!

Thanks Meghan!! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!! Yes, I'm very excited that we have lots of Disney vacations in the works!! I can't WAIT to see it decorated for Christmas!!

Oh my gosh, at first I thought you meant you were going to do May, Halloween, and Christmas trips all in 2010! But still, that is going to be awesome going twice in one year. I would so love to see all of the Christmas decorations in person, and of course MVMCP, and the Candlelight Processional. We taped that HGTV special, but haven't watched it yet. I think we'll watch it this Sunday at my parents after dinner - they are already asking me if I've found any deals yet for our trip next fall, so I know they're ready for some Disney!

No, no! Over 2 years!! Hee hee!! Not that I wouldn't LOVE to do that!! :goodvibes Oh--you will LOVE the HGTV special--it's soooo very magical!!

I'm gonna hop on this train [a little late]! :) The week that you went last year is basically the week we're going this year so I'm praying that it'll be rain free for both your trip this year & mine! ;)

You're daughters are so adorable & you have such a cute family! I'm about halfway through your last TR, I've got to finish it!

Hi and :welcome: Meg!! Glad you're joining in!! Where in NJ are you from? I have family in Cherry Hill and Fair Haven. I'll be praying for good weather for the both of us!! :goodvibes

Beautiful pics Becky. I like the one with the fork-very cool. Avery has those same Tink jammies!! I spot some cute Gymboree outfits.
Wow, for the sale at the Disney store-might have to send Hubby.
After we watched the special Jeff said we could go in 2011 for Christmas. Yay

Hi and :welcome: Meg!! Glad you're joining in!! Where in NJ are you from? I have family in Cherry Hill and Fair Haven. I'll be praying for good weather for the both of us!! :goodvibes

I'm from Northwest Jersey, pretty close to PA actually. But I know where Cherry Hill & Fair Haven are. :) Cherry Hill is especially ringing a bell in my mind, I feel like my cousins lived there a couple of years ago or something - I can't remember! LOL.

Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know that I updated my PTR about our Thanksgiving/Christmas WDW plans. I give the backstory on the whole vacation! I hope to update about our cruise soon. I am off to go shopping for my final Christmas gifts :banana:

OH! And I saw that AG had already shipped my stuff!!! I got a little worried about it b/c I started to think that maybe they were out of stock on a few things. I am sure yours is on it's way too. Can't wait to wrap them!! Hope you had a great day :hug:

YAY for the 3 trip! They will be so much fun! I look forward to hearing about all of them.

The pics from Thanksgiving look like it was some great family time. I love those types of meals.

Great Thanksgiving pictures, Becky! The girls are always so happy!

I think a Christmas trip sounds wonderful!!! It's a beautiful time to visit!

Hey! Becky!!
Looks like ya'll had a fun Thanksgiving! I love the pictures of the girls watching the parade (as all the others) and I love the castle (I can't wait to see it--Nov 2010 will not get here fast enough--I think this is the first time in my life I want a year to blink by-LOL!)
I hope your Disney store has a fun craft and storytime set up! Halloween here was fun, organized but not for the crowd that showed up--they didn't know how to handle it). If it were not so late I would try it out; but, I'm turning blonde again that day--hehe!

Have a great evening! :santa:

Beautiful pics Becky. I like the one with the fork-very cool. Avery has those same Tink jammies!! I spot some cute Gymboree outfits.
Wow, for the sale at the Disney store-might have to send Hubby.
After we watched the special Jeff said we could go in 2011 for Christmas. Yay

Thanks Mary!! :goodvibes How exciting!! Whoo hoo for Christmas 2011!!! :woohoo:

I'm from Northwest Jersey, pretty close to PA actually. But I know where Cherry Hill & Fair Haven are. :) Cherry Hill is especially ringing a bell in my mind, I feel like my cousins lived there a couple of years ago or something - I can't remember! LOL.

Oh--ok!! :goodvibes

Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know that I updated my PTR about our Thanksgiving/Christmas WDW plans. I give the backstory on the whole vacation! I hope to update about our cruise soon. I am off to go shopping for my final Christmas gifts :banana:

OH! And I saw that AG had already shipped my stuff!!! I got a little worried about it b/c I started to think that maybe they were out of stock on a few things. I am sure yours is on it's way too. Can't wait to wrap them!! Hope you had a great day :hug:

Hey Katie!! I will have to head over to your PTR as soon as I finish posting here! FINAL Christmas gifts?! Wow!! I'm impressed! I still have a ways to go!! I need to check my AG shipment--a friend of mine from KY said she recieved hers TODAY and she ordered the same time I did!!

YAY for the 3 trip! They will be so much fun! I look forward to hearing about all of them.

The pics from Thanksgiving look like it was some great family time. I love those types of meals.

Thanks Megan!! :goodvibes

Great Thanksgiving pictures, Becky! The girls are always so happy!

I think a Christmas trip sounds wonderful!!! It's a beautiful time to visit!

Thanks Jackie!! I can't WAIT to go at Christmas!!

Hey! Becky!!
Looks like ya'll had a fun Thanksgiving! I love the pictures of the girls watching the parade (as all the others) and I love the castle (I can't wait to see it--Nov 2010 will not get here fast enough--I think this is the first time in my life I want a year to blink by-LOL!)
I hope your Disney store has a fun craft and storytime set up! Halloween here was fun, organized but not for the crowd that showed up--they didn't know how to handle it). If it were not so late I would try it out; but, I'm turning blonde again that day--hehe!

Have a great evening! :santa:

We did have a fun Thanksgiving!! Yeah--I'm hoping this event isn't too crowded--our store isn't that big!!

Great pictures. Ally and Claire are soo cute!! I did that play when I taught K too!! Looks like the girls enjoyed the parade and christmas special. It was neat on thanksgiving to watch the parade and think my DIS friends are doing this too. Same with the christmas parade.

Great pictures. Ally and Claire are soo cute!! I did that play when I taught K too!! Looks like the girls enjoyed the parade and christmas special. It was neat on thanksgiving to watch the parade and think my DIS friends are doing this too. Same with the christmas parade.

Thanks Barbara!! The girls really did have a good time watching the parade and the special!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter