This elevator leads directly to… THE GIFT SHOP! A Dec. 2011 TR from BWI - FINAL 8-27

But....but.....but....you were flying through the stars at light speed. How could you be motion sick from that????

Aside from the motion sickness, is the upgraded software as good as they say it is? :hyper:

Let me just say I felt terrible for Jenn, it really was 300% ruffer than our first ride had been.

As per the ride it is AWESOME :banana:

I could have rode it over and over and over....

Mario Lopez! My daughter really had a crush on him. I have close up pictures of him when he did the narration in the candle light processional in 06. Have you tried dramamine maybe for the rides? If I drank anything stronger than coke while reading.. well I wouldnt be reading and commenting.:lmao:

You are right there is alot of wasted space in that area. I think they could come up with something.:thumbsup2

Fergie was on Kids Incorporated about a group of singing preteens and teens that performed at a soda shop called "the Place". It was actually "the Palace" but the first A was burnt out on the sign so it was just "the Place".

Ah... I vaguely remember that show... Or at least the name. Did the theme song involve the spelling out of the title? Hmm.... I may have to imdb it. If memory serves though, I was either a bit too old for it...or too young (
I am thinking too old)

I am sorry that ST wasn't for you and made you sick. I think we don't realize how much jostling it does. A couple years ago dd was on it and her seat belt came undone...she was fallen all over the place :rolleyes:

But....but.....but....you were flying through the stars at light speed. How could you be motion sick from that????

Aside from the motion sickness, is the upgraded software as good as they say it is? :hyper:
From what I could watch... yes.

Let me just say I felt terrible for Jenn, it really was 300% ruffer than our first ride had been.

As per the ride it is AWESOME :banana:

I could have rode it over and over and over....
You could have. I would've waited.

Mario Lopez! My daughter really had a crush on him. I have close up pictures of him when he did the narration in the candle light processional in 06. Have you tried dramamine maybe for the rides? If I drank anything stronger than coke while reading.. well I wouldnt be reading and commenting.:lmao:
I actually have a prescription for motion sickness meds. And even then some things still get me.

You are right there is alot of wasted space in that area. I think they could come up with something.:thumbsup2
::yes::

Ah... I vaguely remember that show... Or at least the name. Did the theme song involve the spelling out of the title? Hmm.... I may have to imdb it. If memory serves though, I was either a bit too old for it...or too young (
I am thinking too old)
"Kids Incorportated! K! I! D! S! Yeah..."

So yeah... they learned how to spell! :rotfl2:

I am sorry that ST wasn't for you and made you sick. I think we don't realize how much jostling it does. A couple years ago dd was on it and her seat belt came undone...she was fallen all over the place :rolleyes:
That's what sucks, I love those kind of rides!

And that's why I keep trying them... Maybe THIS time will be different.

Alas, they never are.

It was time to head back to the restaurant so off I wobbled while I re-found my equilibrium. I was paying OOP for this one as well because I wanted to save my TS credits for Biergarten on my last day. It made more financial sense to save it for Germany vs. DHS and I ran out of my spending money by day 5... :rolleyes1

The inside of the building did not disappoint as far as theming. We had a couple sitting in the very back of our car whose family was in this car:
DSC_6877-04.jpg

The movie reels are a hoot but the food was my least favorite of the trip. I ordered the ribeye and an Oreo shake. Once again, the chef came out for a visit to prep for my allergy. Remember when I said that some of the chefs think no black pepper equals no seasoning at all??? :confused3

::yes::

:sad2:

After dinner we pressed on to the Osborne Lights.

I have never seen the Osborne spectacle and I was overwhelmed by the colors and the grand scheme of the whole set up. I also didn’t quite prepare myself for the amount of people concentrated in such a small area.
DSC_6883-04.jpg

DSC_6897-04.jpg

I didn’t have my tripod so I spent a lot of time trying to position my camera squarely and still on anything I could find that was flat.

I often joke with my 4-Hers to do the same when they are shooting in low light situations and to use things like park benches, the ground, trash cans - anything for extra stability. They all look at me crazy when I tell them the trash cans at Disney are the cleanest so it’s safe. :rotfl2:

MB and E lined up for a Photopass shot and I wandered off because I thought I had a minute to look for the cat. The line didn’t move for 10 minutes and I wanted to see if I could locate its home this year. Well, I missed the shot. E was good enough to do one of the two of us so I could prove I was there.
IMG_8166-044.jpg

Osborne was an attraction that everyone needs to see. Especially since Jennings Osborne passed away last year (not too long before our trip). It was a crazy thing he started all those years ago. I’m just glad that Disney picked up where he left off.

After we left DHS, we took a very uncomfortable bus ride to POR-FQ - someone got :sick: on the back of the bus - and we couldn't unload fast enough. I thank our lucky stars that it was dark. I'm a sympathy sickie IYKWIM...

Once we got off the bus, we walked to the back of the resort to the canal and then took the boat over to DTD for some quick shopping.
IMG_0310-04.jpg

The boat ride over was really relaxing after a long day! I think having the boats there at POR is a blessing in disguise and that more people should utilize the boat transport, but I'm glad they don't so we don't have to wait on a boat! :rotfl:

Sorry about the food at Sci Fi. I had lunch there and it was actually one of the better burgers I had at Disney.

Despite the no tripod, your shots at Osbourne turned out great.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh...I'm a sympathy sickie too. :rolleyes1

I am in concurrence with Jenn the food was very mediocre, but the atmosphere was well worth eating there. I think if I was going to recommend it to people I would say shoot for a lunch there instead, it would be a nice break form the park.

As per the lights, I see pictures of it and it looks amazing but when I get there the herd of peopel just kills it for me :mad:. It is so hard to move around with everyone just standing around ruining my pictures ::yes:: I think If I go next time I will wait until the park is close to close. I have heard it looks like a grave yard.

So, DH and I have been talking about our next trip...

Looks like we've settled on late May 2014. :faint:

Is it too early to start a PTR?
:rotfl2:

Sorry about the food at Sci Fi. I had lunch there and it was actually one of the better burgers I had at Disney.

Despite the no tripod, your shots at Osbourne turned out great.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh...I'm a sympathy sickie too. :rolleyes1
It's all about the trashcan and smashing the camera into it. :laughing:

As per the lights, I see pictures of it and it looks amazing but when I get there the herd of peopel just kills it for me :mad:. It is so hard to move around with everyone just standing around ruining my pictures ::yes:: I think If I go next time I will wait until the park is close to close. I have heard it looks like a grave yard.
I hear ya.

It was crowded, but I've heard it can be worse.

Weren't we there close to close? It was almost 9!

I have never eaten in SCi-FI, what did the chef say? I loved the Osborne lights. It was a wow experience. Loving the TR. Keep it coming! I tried to post before and it wouldnt let me.

I have never eaten in SCi-FI, what did the chef say? I loved the Osborne lights. It was a wow experience. Loving the TR. Keep it coming! I tried to post before and it wouldnt let me.
They usually don't say anything, other than, "okay... that allergy is terrible."

The theming is amazing in there, but the food is mediocre.

I'd like to see Osborne again but without the kids... at least until they're older. Too many people around for little ones.

We got up a little later this morning, but were still in MK within the first hour or so of park opening. We were banking on the rumors of super low crowds on party days to enjoy a relaxing morning. The crowd levels did not disappoint! We grabbed a locker and I dumped my backpack full of stuff, including my tripod and headed towards the tear drop.

I stopped for a couple of decoration shots while E and MB browsed in the Emporium.
DSC_6928-06.jpg

Did I mention MB LOVES to shop? E went to grab some FP and MB and I were going to get the locker. The Emporium was our rendezvous point.

As we headed up Main Street, we ran into the big man himself, the Mayor of Main Street.
DSC_6929-06.jpg

The characters were out in full swing this morning! I look for the mayor every visit but we never see him. Another first for me!

We stopped for an icon picture, courtesy of Photopass.
30881810151-06.jpg

They did a couple magic shots of me for my birthday but were from an unflattering angle so they’ll stay on my hard drive.

We decided to head over to Tomorrowland and visit Buzz. The ride and the character. On our way to Buzz, we stopped near Monster’s Inc. to pin trade. Mind you, I’m looking for a VERY SPECIFIC pin for my son. It’s a completer pin for a set he started last May. It’s this one:
trevoryellowpin.jpg

It’s a completer pin. Now, for those who don’t trade, completer pins are VERY HARD TO FIND. Even though this was a 2010 pin set, the completer is a pin that completes a set. Not all sets have completers but they were popular in 2010. I stopped at as many CMs as I could trying to find this dang pin. It was my week’s mission. Staying on topic, if you DO trade, talk to the CMs. Some of them have baggies FULL of pins. We told him about my quest and he did his best to help out. See my friend here.
IMG_1331-06.jpg
IMG_1332-06.jpg

Alas he did not have the pin. I gave up on finding it by Thursday (but I still looked). It was no where to be found.

E and I went on to Buzz for a morning spin. I was trying hard to become a galactic hero. This was not my mission. I swear my gun was broken!

While we were on Buzz, MB took a whirl on TTA. grabbing a new view of Cinderella Castle
IMG_1341-06.jpg

and being one of the few who have seen Space Mountain with its lights on.
IMG_1337-06.jpg

For those who have never seen it with the lights on, you now know why I duck when riding it now. I had the opportunity to ride Space with the lights on once and was overwhelmed by how tightly that track is wound up inside of that building! :duck:

After riding his ride, the toy himself was near the exit, guarding the Gamma Quadrant from the Evil Emperor Zurg. He was quite the flirt and I was sure he was stuck in Latin Lover mode.
30881810162-06.jpg

30881810167-06.jpg

After riding his ride, the toy himself was near the exit, guarding the Gamma Quadrant from the Evil Emperor Zurg. He was quite the flirt and I was sure he was stuck in Latin Lover mode.
30881810162-06.jpg

30881810167-06.jpg

Well lucky you!!!....:rotfl2: He does look quite enamored of you right there!

I think Sci Fi has been a pretty hit or miss sort of place for me. One time it will be super good... and then the next... not so much.:rolleyes:

Osbourne Lights was something I really wished I could have enjoyed more. It was just tooo much for my dh so we barely were there long enough to take it all in.

Ewe on the person getting sick on the bus. That is something that I just have the hardest time handling! Like you... I am a sympathy sickie ;)

So, DH and I have been talking about our next trip...

Looks like we've settled on late May 2014. :faint:

Is it too early to start a PTR?
:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Well... not at the time till your next trip... but starting a PTR... NEVER too early!!!!

I have seen the lights in Space Mountain when I rode the people mover once. It was fascinating... never worried about it though since I don't ride it. Course... next trip I have been warned I am riding it... and you comment has me now worried.

Great pic of you and Buzz. :goodvibes

Love pin trading. I should of never started. Hmmm....looks like buzz maybe wanted to propose...:rotfl2:
At least I didnt have far to catch up with your TR.. Loving it.

:rotfl2: Well... not at the time till your next trip... but starting a PTR... NEVER too early!!!!
:thumbsup2 It's sad though... I think I have half the trip already planned. ::yes:: I know where we definitely want to eat and I know where we want to stay. And when we're going to go... :rolleyes1

I have seen the lights in Space Mountain when I rode the people mover once. It was fascinating... never worried about it though since I don't ride it. Course... next trip I have been warned I am riding it... and you comment has me now worried.
It's not that tightly packed, there's plenty of clearance, but still, the mind over matter takes over and I still duck. Just in the front of the front car though. Save yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter