This came up on the CB -- and made me concerned for my WISH friends!

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
We lost a very special DISer this week. Thank goodness that Robins Mom knew to let Jeanette know of her loss so we could all be notified. It surely wasn't news we wanted to hear --- but I am so glad we were told.
robinrmd2.gif

We often have WISHers MIA for awhile for one reason or another. Ofcourse I often worry about them until they finally post again.

Ask yourself this question. If something awful happened to you to keep you from the boards [health related or god forbid death], would someone in your personal circle know to get in touch with this board? We've all developed alot of close friends here on WISH. But I can't say that my family really would have any idea of how to get in contact with any of them for me.

PLEASE get a buddy system going. Even if only ONE PERSON on the boards has your personal contact info [telelphone, address, etc] it would help. Be sure to tell your family who that one person is that they should contact for you if you ever can't do it yourself.

Sorry to be such a downer this morning. But I truly cherish each and every one of you and would hate to not have you as part of my support group.

That's such a wonderful idea - I was just thinking about that yesterday, what would happen if something happened to you and no one knew to let any of the disers know.

I had not looked at it that exact way but several weeks ago I started collecting info for people that I talk to on a regular basis here on the boards. Just in case something happened to the boards I would stilll be able to contact my firends that I care about!! WISHers are most definately tops on my list!! So anyone who wants to pm info to me so I have it feel free!!!!

I had thought of this last night, with a heavy heart. It still is such a shock of a loss. Thanks for posting this Jody.

This family has been in my heart and prayrs this week.

What a reminder of how much we need each other. I have often thought that if anything happened to me, would my DH remember to let my friends know. I think I'll put a permanent document in my computer that he or someone else could go to if it was ever needed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Karyn

I think I am still in shock about Robin...I didn't know her very well, but always loved her signature with Caitlyn in it!! What a terrible loss!

Jody, I agree, I also treasure and cherish this group...You all are my dear friends and I do hope that we never have to be notified of any such news. Hugs to everyone and thanks for starting this post, Jody!

Hi Vija,

I sent you a PM.

All of my comoderators have my phone number. A lot of WISHers have my phone number. I think you have it already, don't you Jody? I'll send you a pm just in case you don't.

I've asked my husband to let the DIS know if I don't wake up some morning. It's something I think about from time to time and Robin's death certainly reminded me of this again :(

Anyone is welcome to my phone number if they want it, just send me a pm if you do.

I was reading about Robin (so, so, sad) last night and I turned to my DH and told him, if something happens to me, you have to get on the WISH board and tell them. And, I told him if he didn't know how, our DD would show him. He smiled his little "she's so insane smile", but I do trust him to do the right thing.

Thanks Everyone!

Remember that not only do you need to exchange your personal info with a buddy ---- BUT, you need to show your family where that personal info is for your WISH friend.:D

I've been very disturbed about Robin's death since I found out about it on Saturday night. Some of you might remember her- she's the one who got roped into taking Grandma to the nudist camp a few weeks ago.

I was lucky enough to meet her and darling Caitlyn last month at a DIS meet. We sat together at dinner, and I was struck by her strong sense of who she is and her love for that sweet child. Just knowing her from her wickedly funny posts and that one meeting, I feel an aching loss. Robin was a person who touched a lot of people that way. She was quite young- she was born the year I graduated from high school. But she had lived a lot, and had the experiences and the soul of one much more mature.

Jody's right. We've got a close community here. I feel connected to many of you in very personal ways. This is not just an anonymous message board, but truly a community. I'm going to make sure that DH knows to contact my buddies here if I'm not able to for whatever reason...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter