Thinking of Sanaa? Best time to go?

sadi1104

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I going to Disney World August 28th through September 6 and we are trying to decide on restaurants. We are thinking about Sanaa, but don't know the best time to go. I have read some post saying definitely go while it is still light out, but will we be able to see animals or will it be too hot?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

On our last two trips we had ADRs for 5:00 at Sanaa. We got there a little early and asked for and were granted window seats. It was still light enough in January to see lots of animals for an hour or so. On our September trip, it was very light for hours!! As a special treat, it rained while we were at Sanaa in September. When it rains, the animals are frisky and active! Also at 5:00 some of the animals are being fed and they are right there by the window.

I hear that the first ADR at lunch is a good time to get a window seat, but it is hot and I don't know how active the animals are at that hour.

I have photos of our dinner at Sanaa in both of my dining reports (links in my signature), so take a look. The September Dining report has a link to a you tube video of the rain and the animals running.

I know you will enjoy your meal at Sanaa!!

I had a window seat for 4th of July week (very hot) at 2pm. The animals were out and walking around. We enjoyed Mr and Mrs and Baby Giraffe while we dined. Because the place was empty due to the off hour, we easily scored a window table.

We've been there several times. Once was after dark. I can tell you after dark, you really can't see much from the tables. Even still, you can go outside - either before or after dinner. The restaurant interior is also very pretty lots of details to discover. (Including a few hidden Mickeys!)

I can't remember if both resorts have CM's stationed outside that offer night vision goggles for guests to borrow, or if it's just the original resort that has them. We've done it after eating at Boma many times. Kidani is also nice because there's two fire pits- both an indoor one and an outdoor one. They tell African stories outdoors.

Also, not to get too weird- but Sanaa has the prettiest bathrooms on WDW property. I know it's an odd topic, but that bathroom must have cost a small fortune!

I agree with PPs that going before sundown is prime time. We also got lucky and had a rain storm while we were eating and the animals were running all over the place. It was quite a show! And the food was good too.

Thank you everyone who has posted to my thread! I really hope to book my dining reservation soon!! And yes, even though it is an odd topic, it's nice to know the bathrooms are great looking! lol

We went to Sanaa the week it opened in 2009. It was after a late AK close (so, about 8:30). Couldn't see outside at all, but it was really romantic. 5:00 in June 2010, we got a window table without even asking, so that was a great surprise (it was raining then too, with lots of activity).

And, I remember during that opening week, I thought the restrooms were pretty amazing. I thought it was funny though because they had these themed soap containers that were empty and unused. Next to them were bottles of soft soap it looked like they had just bought from publix! I don't have any idea why I remember that, but it made me smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter