Thinking of DCP Fall 2016?!

Did you love your DCP experience?

• Total voters
I'm glad to hear you loved attractions! I didn't know much about what the job entailed but now it makes me less hesitant to say that I wouldn't mind working in attractions. I also wouldn't mind being seen by guests, but say for example you get put into merchandise. Can you switch back and forth between being in the stores and behind the scenes? Like once you get your schedule you may be stocking shelves in the stores one day, but the next day you might be on the register..or is it if you are assigned stocking shelves that is your job for the entire program?
Attractions is definitely a lot more than what they write on the website, and every attraction has its own charm and is different in its procedures and requirements.
As far as I know, that's exactly how it works. One day you're stocking or a runner (like transporting packages to the front of the park), and the next you can be in the store on stage.

My roommate was Merch and that's exactly how it is, yes. Not everyone is trained to work at the register, but eventually you may be. Also a cool perk about it is that once you are trained in something (like stocking or cash) you can pick up a shift doing that at any location! My friend worked at all four parks. For attractions, you can't pick up any extra shifts unless they are in your location or untrained.

I'm applying for Fall (Advantage) 2016! I plan to move down there after I graduate in May. It'll be my third program. I did Fall Advantage 2013 and Summer Alumni 2015, both in Merchandise! (First at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort, and then at Epcot in World Showcase Center.)

After going to disneyland for the first time 2 weeks ago I know that I must work there and will do everything in my power to get dcp for fall 2016 (wouldnt mind disneyworld either)

Just a note...my DC graduates in May. She will be applying for the Fall '16 program. But....we asked DCP, directly, and found that if she doesn't make it for Fall '16, she can apply in Aug. '16, for Spring '17! As long as she is within 6 months of graduation when she applies, she's good!!

Is this a change from the rule that you have to be a student when you apply? My DD is graduating in May and we thought she only had one chance to apply (Fall 2016). This is wonderful if this is no longer the case.

Is this a change from the rule that you have to be a student when you apply? My DD is graduating in May and we thought she only had one chance to apply (Fall 2016). This is wonderful if this is no longer the case.
This is what I received from DCP/Recruiting in Oct.......highlighting is mine...

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the Disney College Program Internship.

All interested students wishing to apply must have graduated high school and be currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR have graduated within the past six months. Those who have taken college courses, but are currently taking "time off" from school are not eligible to apply.

You must meet any additional criteria your school requires for participation in our program. This may include G.P.A., grade level, and number of credit hours earned. Schools will be contacted to verify eligibility on disneyeducationconnection.com.

We offer five (5) or seven (7) month opportunities. Typically, we take applications early February for the Fall, and early September for the Spring season. You are only allowed to apply once each semester.

For more information on the opportunities available, please visit disneycollegeprogram.com

So...dd is going to apply for Fall '16 in a month or so (whenever they start acceptinng apps). If she isn't accepted, she graduates in mid-May, and will apply for the Spring '17 program in late Aug/early Sept. Fingers crossed.

Thank you!!!!! My DD is in the same situation. She is applying next month, but she was worried she may not get in, so it is nice to see she would have another chance in the Fall to apply for Spring '17. But I hope BOTH of our daughters get in the first time. I think it would be fun to be working at Disney during the holidays :) Thank you again for sharing. And congrats on your daughter's upcoming graduation. I know I am so excited for graduation this year!!!

Thank you!!!!! My DD is in the same situation. She is applying next month, but she was worried she may not get in, so it is nice to see she would have another chance in the Fall to apply for Spring '17. But I hope BOTH of our daughters get in the first time. I think it would be fun to be working at Disney during the holidays :) Thank you again for sharing. And congrats on your daughter's upcoming graduation. I know I am so excited for graduation this year!!!

Thanks, you too!!! My dd will be working at the area Six Flags this summer....worked there last summer as well. She's in entertainment, which she loves. If, perish the thought, she doesn't get accepted for the Fall, she'll keep working at Six Flags until early November. Then, hopefully she will have been accepted into the Spring '17 program and be able to leave after the holidays. Worst case scenario is that she doesn't get accepted at all and moves down there to work the 'old fashioned way'!!!!
Fingers crossed they both get in for the Fall!!!! This has been her dream since she was 10 y/o!!!

I'm impatiently awaiting the fall applications to come out!!! If I get accepted I think I'm going to drive down from the Western New York area. What is the first week like? I know you have to attend traditions, but thats really all that I know. When can you start going into the parks?!

I'm going to try and do it this fall as well!!! I turn 21 in March (woohoo) if you wanna chat about it feel free to message me!

I'm impatiently awaiting the fall applications to come out!!! If I get accepted I think I'm going to drive down from the Western New York area. What is the first week like? I know you have to attend traditions, but thats really all that I know. When can you start going into the parks?!

I believe applications dropped yesterday! The first week: You will typically arrive on a Monday, and they'll assign you a check-in time, which is where you'll get your job location, apartment location, and your housing ID. If you are in a safety critical role such as attractions, you will get drug tested in the first day or two. Either on Tuesday or Wednesday you'll have a housing meeting, and then Traditions after that (My schedule was check-in and drug test on Monday, housing meeting on Tuesday, and Traditions on Thursday). You will not be able to go to the parks until you receive your blue ID, which you'll receive at the end of Traditions. Some people will then immediately start more specific orientations, and some have a day or two off depending on their locations and roles.

So everyone....who actually has applied now? My dd applied yesterday around 5ish....got through the WBI, and has her phone interview set up for next week. How's everyone else doing???

So everyone....who actually has applied now? My dd applied yesterday around 5ish....got through the WBI, and has her phone interview set up for next week. How's everyone else doing???

What does WBI mean? My DD just applied this afternoon.

Is that different than the application they complete online?

Yes. You complete the online application. If you are selected to move forward, you will then have your WBI. After your WBI, you will either be no longer in consideration or move to a phone interview. And then the waiting game begins.

And waiting isn't a lot of fun. But hopefully the desired offer is made!!

I have my phone interview on Monday night! I am so excited but definitely dont want to play the waiting game!

Yes. You complete the online application. If you are selected to move forward, you will then have your WBI. After your WBI, you will either be no longer in consideration or move to a phone interview. And then the waiting game begins.

OK Thanks! I guess we will see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!