Thinking of a convention at CSR, help

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Wcpedorc, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Wcpedorc

Wcpedorc Mouseketeer

So I am an owner at orange lake, and visit the world every year, but stay offsite, only once staying inside with a dvc owner at Saratoga, during a weekend trip in December a few years back. I just learned of a youth ministry conference at CSR in September which would give me a bonus trip this year. The rooms come at a discount, and I don't think I would use a meal plan since some of our meals are included, but I am wondering about business class/level. What is the upgrade charge for that? Would I be able to upgrade from the convention rate?. Also what else should I look for or ask about, as a youth minister we really can't afford to stay insure, so this is a big opportunity for us, please help.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Wcpedorc

Wcpedorc Mouseketeer

Also what else should I look for or ask about, as a youth minister we really can't afford to stay insure, so this is a big opportunity for us, please help.[/QUOTE]

I meant to say onsite not insure

4. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

Typically, when a group or convention goes to a Disney resort, they only negotiate rates on certain categories of rooms and then block them out for that group, so, if business class/level wasn't blocked out, you most likely cannot get it at a convention rate. If it is available, but not at a group rate, you could still book it at rack or other current discount rates.

I would simply call and ask what room categories are available at the group rate and what the rates are - that will help you determine your costs. You should also be able to get your park tickets at a discounted group rate.