Thinking about my strategy for MK this year, question about being there at rope drop...

MataHari22

DIS Veteran
I am doing some preliminary thinking about my strategy for my MK days. For my rope drop day on 11/15, I have a 10:20 amADR at Crystal Palace. I wanted a pre-park open one, but have not been able to get it yet, may keep trying. I am specifically wanting to eat here, for breakfast, because of some eating issues I have. This will probably be my "biggest" main meal of the day. It takes me a long while to eat, so I will be at least an hour to an hour and a half of eating time. What I am wondering most and what I'd really like an answer to is thoughts on how many attractions I can get done between rope drop and my10:20 ADR. Would it be unreasonable to think we could get Peter Pan, Pooh, Dumbo and Barnstormer in before our ADR?
After our meal, my thought was to try and schedule FP+ for things in Adventureland / Frontierland after my meal and then watch the FOF parade from Frontierland. After the parade, maybe go to Tomorrowland and do whatever things we'd like to do there. We have a 6:55 pm ADR at Tony's, so since it's a party night, we will be leaving directly after our dinner.

I will have one MK day as a MVMCP (11/17), and plan on getting there at 4 and scheduling 3 FP+ again, from 4-7, like I did with last year's MNSSHP. I probably won't do many character meets, will do the parade, and fireworks, and shows, and then rides again.

On 11/18, I will be at MK again, but since it's the day after the party, I won't be doing rope drop. Will sleep in a bit, and then make our way to MK. The only ADR we have is dinner at BOG 4:55pm. It'll be my day to do the ELP and Wishes. Thinking of trying to get a FP+ for Wishes that day. Do things around the Liberty Square area. Maybe a FP+ Haunted Mansion as one of the other three. As well as 7DMT again, if I can get it. I like to try and get a couple, since last year, the ride was down a lot, and I only managed to ride it once. Try and experience any rides and attractions we may have missed the rest of the week.

I think you can do those 4 attractions. You can also be a few minutes late for your ADR. I believe it's 10-15 minutes late.

Thank you both for your answers. If we got those four done, I'd be happy. Maybe walk through Tomorrowland on the way back and hit Buzz if there's time. I definitely don't want to be late for my ADR, I want to make sure I can get seated for breakfast since they will make over easy eggs and that is something that I can manage to eat without too much of a struggle. (I have problems swallowing and I need soft foods...)

Yeah, you can get those 4 done. Do Peter Pan first, that line gets the longest quickest. On our most recent trip, I think we did the carousel, pooh, tea cups, Dumbox2 and barnstormerx3 before 10:30.

11/15: You should definitely be able to do those rides, the order you list them is the way I would do it (Peter Pan, Pooh, Dumbo and Barnstormer), and likely you'll have time to maybe hit something else before the ADR. Josh at easywdw.com recently posted this very interesting article, documenting how many rides you can get done early in the morning. After breakfast plan sounds good.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...ring-plan-in-practice-may-20-2015/#more-15692

11/17 your plan to book FP 4-7pm before party sounds good.

11/18 note that calendar has this as an evening EMH day. Definitely shoot for a 7DMT FP. I personally wouldn't get a FP for Wishes, my philosophy is to use my first 3 FP+ as early as possible to potentially get additional FPs at kiosks. And there are lots of places to watch, we used to like watching on the Tomorrowland bridge where Tink flies right over your head. On our last trip, we watched from back near Gaston's, different view of the fireworks, and not crowded back there at all. Looks like low crowd levels this week, so shouldn't be a problem no matter what you decide.

11/15: You should definitely be able to do those rides, the order you list them is the way I would do it (Peter Pan, Pooh, Dumbo and Barnstormer), and likely you'll have time to maybe hit something else before the ADR. Josh at easywdw.com recently posted this very interesting article, documenting how many rides you can get done early in the morning. After breakfast plan sounds good.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...ring-plan-in-practice-may-20-2015/#more-15692

11/17 your plan to book FP 4-7pm before party sounds good.

11/18 note that calendar has this as an evening EMH day. Definitely shoot for a 7DMT FP. I personally wouldn't get a FP for Wishes, my philosophy is to use my first 3 FP+ as early as possible to potentially get additional FPs at kiosks. And there are lots of places to watch, we used to like watching on the Tomorrowland bridge where Tink flies right over your head. On our last trip, we watched from back near Gaston's, different view of the fireworks, and not crowded back there at all. Looks like low crowd levels this week, so shouldn't be a problem no matter what you decide.

Thanks, that was a great article, it's good to see his actual touring plan in practice broken down with photos, etc. I have never used a premade touring plan, but I will give his more of a look. I figured that order would be best, and maybe if I have time we can walk through Tommorwland and hit Buzz, too.

As for the FP+ for Wishes, I'm not too concerned about getting a 4th FP. My touring style is actually way more laid back than it used to be, which is why I now do three days at MK. In years past, I haven't had the best of luck with crowds and getting an unobstructed view of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I was hoping maybe a FP might make that a little better. I am not big on crowds and being shoulder to shoulder like that. Actually, do they do the projection on the castle before Holiday Wishes, too? Because if I can see it that night, I would think about viewing Wishes from the back side of the castle on 11/18, since it's probably less crowded. I also don't think I'll be riding any of the mountains this year, because it's too rough on my back and neck, so it's not like I'll need the FP+ for any of those attractions. Thanks so much for your input. :)

You would get those 4 done and more!

This, trying to recall last week in the lead up to Memorial Day. We did rope drop with an EMH on Thursday giving us roughly 2 hours.

1. Carousel x1 (on a few minutes before 8 as they let us in early)
2. Barnstormer x3 (with just a seat shift, no cycling back through the line)
3. Ariel ride
4. Tea cups all by 8:45am
5. Waited by ropes for 9am. (Older kids rode Space Mountain 3x while the rest did 1-4).
6. Splash
7. BTMRR x 2 (using rider swap)
8. At Tom Sawyer for first raft to the island at 10am. ( except me and two kids who went and did other non-attraction things)

Predicted level 7 day and least recommended park. At 8:45, Peter Pan was a 35 minute wait, so we skipped. Dumbo could have easily been squeezed in before we left that area and allowed us to still do Ariel, tea cups and rope drop for Frontierland by 9am. Of your attractions listed, I would visit Peter Pan first. Dumbo and Barnstormer will still easily be walk ons after.

We were there for a celebration and our main guest was leading choices. Our fast passes that day were for Mine Train, barnstormer and splash by request. Our morning made our two selections unnecessary. We had stayed on site and could use EMH. Off siters would likely have rode less things than we did in their first hour.

In years past, I haven't had the best of luck with crowds and getting an unobstructed view of Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I was hoping maybe a FP might make that a little better. I am not big on crowds and being shoulder to shoulder like that. Actually, do they do the projection on the castle before Holiday Wishes, too? Because if I can see it that night, I would think about viewing Wishes from the back side of the castle on 11/18, since it's probably less crowded.

We've watched a few times from the behind the castle, it is a different perspective, it is definitely not crowded, and it is cool that the fireworks are seemingly right above you. Of course, that means you need to look back and forth from fireworks to castle, as well as look up more, which might be bad for your neck.

As far as the Wishes FP, instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with people on Main St, you'll possibly be standing shoulder to shoulder in a Wishes FP "pen" with other people who used FP to get there. But you'll get a better view of castle and fireworks behind.

We've watched a few times from the behind the castle, it is a different perspective, it is definitely not crowded, and it is cool that the fireworks are seemingly right above you. Of course, that means you need to look back and forth from fireworks to castle, as well as look up more, which might be bad for your neck.

As far as the Wishes FP, instead of standing shoulder to shoulder with people on Main St, you'll possibly be standing shoulder to shoulder in a Wishes FP "pen" with other people who used FP to get there. But you'll get a better view of castle and fireworks behind.

Ok, the having to look up thing, is a total deal breaker. I had cancer and had to have a neck dissection and radiation, so I am in constant pain and have limited range of motion. I'll have to stick to the front side, I think. Thanks very much for all your feedback. Very helpful.

I liked our FP+ for wishes. I did not feel I was having to lookup so much. But I don't recall. I have neck issues, but no procedures.

We stood by the back fence of the section.

I liked our FP+ for wishes. I did not feel I was having to lookup so much. But I don't recall. I have neck issues, but no procedures.

We stood by the back fence of the section.

That is what I was thinking of doing, hanging back by the back fence. I read a couple of posts that said that worked for them, they even set up a tri-pod and took video and photos, not that I will be doing that, but they said they had room to do that back there, and more of the people stayed more towards the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter