Think of all the joy you’ll find …….. Update - January 06

15birthday_zpsp2vlztl5.jpg

Day 4, March 31

What the ship has to offer …… - Part 3

So we chatted for a while and he introduced us to his colleagues before we had to leave for the presentation.
Watching someone prepare strudel is so fun for us as strudel is something so common here and you can spot any mistakes right away. We sat and watched

DSC_0393_zpshaedjsta.jpg

DSC_0394_zpsie4ayz1l.jpg

DSC_0396_zpsdafggvwf.jpg

and had a lot of fun and even enjoyed the sample we got to try.

IMG_5368_zps1zjjuc61.jpg

The wine they offered with it was far too sweet for us,

IMG_5366_zps1u89j6vm.jpg

even with dessert. After the presentation we wandered the ship a bit, looked at the artwork they had to offer before we headed back to our room to pick up our Fish Extender gifts and handed them out all over the ship.
When we were done we went back to our room and had a little downtime before we headed to the Walt Disney Theatre for this evening’s performance of “Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story, which we had already seen before and quite liked. We arrived a bit early and enjoyed the theatre and the hustle and bustle before the show.

IMG_5370_zps0wlbcd5b.jpg

The show itself was as cute as always and we really enjoyed it.
When it was over we went to visit Oksana for a while as there was no one in her little shop

IMG_5372_zpsbkm44m90.jpg

and she had lots of time to chat. Soon it was time to get back to our room to get ready for dinner. Dinner was in Animators’ Palate today and we arrived shortly after they had opened the door, so no long wait for us. We were greeted at the door and taken to our table which was close to a serving station.

IMG_5373_zpsilenzrjl.jpg

IMG_5374_zpsqpf5kwqx.jpg

Our assistant server was quickly at hand with our Diet Cokes and asked if we wanted something else, but we did not find any speciality drink that tickled our fancy, so we declined.
He went then and got us a basket full of the bread, which had this days special bread, the

IMG_5375_zpsk3yghtdw.jpg

Garlic and Herb Foccacia, served with Rosemary Virgin Olive Oil. We had had quite a lot to eat over the day, so we only had one starter each. I knew which one I wanted to have, long before we even sat down, the

IMG_5378_zps2atjkthc.jpg

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, Pasta Purses filled with Truffle-Scented Cheese and coated with a Champagne Sauce. Tom chose another old favourite, the

IMG_5380_zpsmmdrolfd.jpg

Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup, with bacon bits and chives. Main courses arrived soon after we had finished our starters. Tom had the

IMG_5386_zpsuh82e7ci.jpg

Seared Red Snapper with Scallops, Crushed New Potatoes, Leeks and a Red Wine Sauce. My choice was the

IMG_5383_zps0jnbklqo.jpg

Ginger Teriyaki dusted Angus Beef Tenderloin on Wasabi Mashed Potatoes with Bok Choy and a Tamarind Barbecue Reduction. Both did not disappoint and while we were still eating we found it quite cute to see the “older” show where the servers change their waist coats and watch the pictures on the screens come to life. Mickey leads a procession around the room and it was really fun to watch.

IMG_5394_zpsmrlqxspp.jpg

IMG_5395_zpsacjoidl6.jpg

IMG_5397_zps432xbfyi.jpg

IMG_5403_zpsja713rzq.jpg

IMG_5404_zpsh9hsw0ic.jpg

After that we were served our dessert, being some of the last people who had not had dessert before the show. Tom had ordered the

IMG_5389_zpsfrwoi8fb.jpg

Cookies’n’Cream Sundae, Cookies’n’Cream Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Chip Cookies, while I had ordered the

IMG_5388_zpsatgcrouo.jpg

Duo Chocolate Cake, Layers of Brownie and Truffle Mousse with Caramel Sauce. After finishing our desserts we said goodbye to our servers and went to chat with Oksana again, but since she was now more busy, we headed on to O’Gills to check in with Nuna. She was busy too, but found us a seat and we soon found ourselves ordering some drinks. Tom wanted to have an O’Gills, since they had been out of it during our summer cruise and Nuna told me that she had something special for me too. Soon she returned with the beer for Tom and glass of Moet Ice.

IMG_5405_zpsen1l2ew3.jpg

We all laughed, and she mentioned that since I had not been able to order it during the summer, she was sure that I needed to catch up with it again. It was such a cute thought of her and well appreciated. We sat for a while, with Nuna stopping in whenever she could but we were getting tired and left about half an hour later to return to our stateroom and fall into bed.

To be continued ..........

Love that strudel! The black truffle pursettes are one of the best things on the cruise! I love that Nuna remembered you and your love of Moet Ice!

Jill in CO

I LOVE Nuna! She is just wonderful!

I am looking forward to those truffle pursettes myself- they really are yummy, aren't they? :) Just 2 weeks from tomorrow!

The food all looked yummy, I had that Soup and it was out of this world. I also think I had your entre Karin !!!You haven't shoen FE pix lately , just mentioned you got them ???

and had a lot of fun and even enjoyed the sample we got to try.

IMG_5368_zps1zjjuc61.jpg
By the looks of this, there is no way it couldn't be equally as yummy! :love:

When it was over we went to visit Oksana for a while as there was no one in her little shop
Nice that you got to spend so much time with her! It is always fun to get to know some of the CMs that you see often on trips. :thumbsup2

Dinner was in Animators’ Palate today and we arrived shortly after they had opened the door

IMG_5380_zpsmmdrolfd.jpg

Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup, with bacon bits and chives.

Always a good choice. I have had this at some of my local restaurants many times. :cheer2:

Tom had the

IMG_5386_zpsuh82e7ci.jpg

Seared Red Snapper with Scallops, Crushed New Potatoes, Leeks and a Red Wine Sauce. My choice was the

IMG_5383_zps0jnbklqo.jpg

Ginger Teriyaki dusted Angus Beef Tenderloin on Wasabi Mashed Potatoes with Bok Choy and a Tamarind Barbecue Reduction.
This would have been a tough choice for me........both look really good! :goodvibes

Tom had ordered the

IMG_5389_zpsfrwoi8fb.jpg

Cookies’n’Cream Sundae, Cookies’n’Cream Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Chip Cookies, while I had ordered the

IMG_5388_zpsatgcrouo.jpg

Duo Chocolate Cake, Layers of Brownie and Truffle Mousse with Caramel Sauce.
And yet another tough choice................ :rotfl:

Nuna told me that she had something special for me too. Soon she returned with the beer for Tom and glass of Moet Ice.
It must be so much fun to take enough cruises that some of the staff gets to know you so well...........and then remembers special things about you like that! Some Disney CMs can be amazing like that! pixiedust:

I agree with Marv. How fun to actually get to know the staff and have them remember your favs. Who wouldn't want a glass of Moet Ice? seriously! Perfection!

Your Key West sunset photos are beautiful! What a great idea to show the sun going down over several photos :thumbsup2
I always love your food choices and descriptions, it is like we are there with you! :goodvibes

I know who Nuna is too. She was always working the adult pool area in 2012. Super nice!
Catching up. This cruise looks to be going much smoother. Good thing I ate already as I think I went through 4 or 5 meals catching up. hahahaha

Karin, this cruise just has such a different tone from what you experienced last summer, I am so happy for you! I have to say that we were very impressed with the Magic in June as well. The only issue that we had with the ship and the service was that we also had a very slight sewage smell now and then in our bathroom. But thanks to your report we came prepared and had some nice room refresher that kept the bathroom smelling fresh!

I loved the refurbished show in AP! Katharina was really wowed by it. And I thought it was a great improvement over the old one which I had seen on the Wonder. I think of all the AP shows in the fleet, it is by far my favorite.

t must be so much fun to take enough cruises that some of the staff gets to know you so well...........and then remembers special things about you like that! Some Disney CMs can be amazing like that! pixiedust:

I agree with Marv. How fun to actually get to know the staff and have them remember your favs. Who wouldn't want a glass of Moet Ice? seriously! Perfection!

This is definitely one of the great things about the cruise: that you end up getting to know the CMs. And I think that this is part of the policy on DCL (maybe also other cruise lines), that CMs are encouraged to talk to guests and get to know them and take the time for doing this when things are slow.

Love that strudel! The black truffle pursettes are one of the best things on the cruise! I love that Nuna remembered you and your love of Moet Ice!

Jill in CO

Oh Jill, if you love this one, you NEED to come here and try the real thing - it is soooooo good. Much thinner pastry and the apples and rum raisins are just too yummy. :thumbsup2
Nuna was just awesome and her "pours" of the Moet were very generous. ;)

I LOVE Nuna! She is just wonderful!

I am looking forward to those truffle pursettes myself- they really are yummy, aren't they? :) Just 2 weeks from tomorrow!

Isn't she just so much fun to be around? And she is an awesome bartender!
Those truffle pursettes are too yummy. Whenever they are on the menu, it is a must order for me. :goodvibes

The food all looked yummy, I had that Soup and it was out of this world. I also think I had your entre Karin !!!You haven't shoen FE pix lately , just mentioned you got them ???

I am glad you agree and even had some of my cruise food. They have a lot of wonderful choices.
No Rosie, I have not shown many of the FE gifts we got. I did take a photo of all of them and we used some of them (or ate them :rotfl:) right away. I might post some a little later.

Nice that you got to spend so much time with her! It is always fun to get to know some of the CMs that you see often on trips. :thumbsup2

Oksana is just like an "old" friend to us. We have known her through so many cruises and it was great that she had to look after the duty free shop, as this one is not too frequented and we got to talk a lot while she was "at work".

It must be so much fun to take enough cruises that some of the staff gets to know you so well...........and then remembers special things about you like that! Some Disney CMs can be amazing like that! pixiedust:

I think one of the main reasons we got to know so many CMs is that when we cruised in the past we went back to back or even back to back to back. And if you stay on the ship long enough, you really stand out and get to know crew members. We had a favourite server on the Dream, Ana, who we always requested and when she quit with DCL she even came here to Austria to visit with us. So, yes, it is awesome to get to know the CMs so well. And yes, most of them are AMAZING!

Mary Ellen, we used to go back to back or do longer cruises, so it is much easier for the CMs to remember you .... and we always come baring gifts. :laughing: Most of the European CMs are missing their sweets/chocolate and some of them are hooked on Nutella. We always bring European sweets and chocolate and if we found out someone likes Nutella, we go and hunt it down in the ports as CMs are not allowed to bring it on board. Guess that makes it easy for them to remember us. :lmao:

Your Key West sunset photos are beautiful! What a great idea to show the sun going down over several photos :thumbsup2
I always love your food choices and descriptions, it is like we are there with you! :goodvibes

Sunsets at Key West are always beautiful. And I just could not decide which ones to post so I decided to give you more and let you see the whole process. I am happy that you liked it.

I am happy to hear that you enjoy the food pics. :goodvibes

I know who Nuna is too. She was always working the adult pool area in 2012. Super nice!

I did not know she worked the adult pool area. Thanks for mentioning it. Guess this is because we never pay much attention to the pool area and have only tried the adult pools once or twice in all our cruises. And you are right - she IS super nice.

Catching up. This cruise looks to be going much smoother. Good thing I ate already as I think I went through 4 or 5 meals catching up. hahahaha

It was going WAY smoother than the Med one. Our stateroom host was super nice and attentive, our server team was great as well (but the one during the Med cruise was nice as well, it was just Jay and his magic tricks that got a bit old after a while) and we had a smell free room, which was best of all.
Food was good too. :thumbsup2

Karin, this cruise just has such a different tone from what you experienced last summer, I am so happy for you! I have to say that we were very impressed with the Magic in June as well. The only issue that we had with the ship and the service was that we also had a very slight sewage smell now and then in our bathroom. But thanks to your report we came prepared and had some nice room refresher that kept the bathroom smelling fresh!

It was a much better experience than the one last summer. I was so worried before we left as it was Tom's special cruise. And it turned out to be a really great cruise and a great vacation all around.
Sorry for the smell in your room, but at least you had been warned. We had brought an air freshener as well but we did not need it at all. :thumbsup2

I loved the refurbished show in AP! Katharina was really wowed by it. And I thought it was a great improvement over the old one which I had seen on the Wonder. I think of all the AP shows in the fleet, it is by far my favorite.

I really like the VERY old one that we saw on the Wonder. Well, I like all of them, but the one on the Wonder impressed me the most. Guess it is because it was our first cruise and everything impressed us. :rotfl:

This is definitely one of the great things about the cruise: that you end up getting to know the CMs. And I think that this is part of the policy on DCL (maybe also other cruise lines), that CMs are encouraged to talk to guests and get to know them and take the time for doing this when things are slow.

Couldn't agree with you more! :goodvibes

I am sorry I have not been around much those last few days even though I have been on holiday for the last three weeks.

Some time I used to rest and relax from a long and tiring school year and the rest I have been trying to plan our Italy trip.
I added a day at the beginning and since I could not book an extra night at the Lake Garda hotel I had to change - and was quite happy until I found out that parking can be a pain and you need to leave your keys at the reception so they can "rearrange" cars. Started looking for another hotel and it took me two days to find a great one, directly located at the Lake, parking is about half a mile away but they run a shuttle service. So all good.
Then I started planning around our stay at Santa Margherita and even though, again, I had been happy with the hotel to begin with, with the summer as hot as it is this year I was worried in a hotel with no AC. Looked around and found a beautiful family run place which I booked with little research. The next morning I found out that there was only a small french bed in the room - and this does not sit well with us. So, I again started hunting for a hotel - took me another day and a half until I found one that we both really like and that has all the right amenities. Again, it is right at the beach, offers a sea view and breakfast. So, all is good here.
I added a day at the end at Venice as well and so far we are happy with what we have, but research and planning has taken up most of my time. I really hope to post a few more updates before we leave and since we will only be gone for 10 days there should be time to move forward with all my TRs here.

Thanks for your patience ...... and now on with more updates! ::yes::

15birthday_zpsp2vlztl5.jpg

Day 5, April 1

A Taste of George Town - Part 1

We woke up at around 7am and got right up and ready to head to the top deck. We walked around a bit,

IMG_5407_zpsdllhscgk.jpg

IMG_5409_zpseah0q2hr.jpg

IMG_5410_zpslmnr8uiw.jpg

IMG_5411_zpsafw5jjit.jpg

IMG_5412_zpshnjwqacf.jpg

IMG_5413_zpsqpfdxmun.jpg

IMG_5415_zpsusql3kw8.jpg

IMG_5417_zpsqbwjcz21.jpg

IMG_5418_zpswkuwsrff.jpg

IMG_5419_zpsj8loporf.jpg

IMG_5420_zps00otxbxa.jpg

IMG_5421_zpshry6pt7l.jpg

then headed to the front

IMG_5422_zpsaygj00i7.jpg

and found a nice spot to watch the ship drop anchor at Grand Cayman.

IMG_5423_zpsjz1skbzb.jpg

IMG_5426_zpsnjgezcfg.jpg

IMG_5427_zpswyjn8xjd.jpg

And while we got closer we could see a few other ships already in the bay. We crept closer and closer and finally it was time for a crew member to raise the Disney Cruise Line flag.

IMG_5429_zpsmykhpjyi.jpg

IMG_5430_zpsfkau58fx.jpg

IMG_5431_zpse4nvcyoq.jpg

IMG_5432_zpsxe6t0gp3.jpg

And while we watched we say quite a few tenders going by and one ship even tendering their guests in what looked like lifeboats.

IMG_5433_zpse9hrn9uz.jpg

There were tenders coming in and people were leaving to head to the D-Lounge to check in for their excursions. We were in no hurry as we had not booked a DCL excursion and knew that we would have to wait until people on a DCL excursion had been tendered ashore.

To be continued ..........

Oh I get to be the first to reply to your update . I loved Grand Cayman I remember doing the Turtle Farm tour and HELL , yes mods it is the name of a place !!! Even has a PO that stamps your mail from HELL!!! Oh Boy I am gonna get censored for sure !!:rotfl2: My Ex and I were the only ones who did the tour , the others opted for a Beach Party !! several afterwards wished they had gone with us !!:faint:

Oh I get to be the first to reply to your update . I loved Grand Cayman I remember doing the Turtle Farm tour and HELL , yes mods it is the name of a place !!! Even has a PO that stamps your mail from HELL!!! Oh Boy I am gonna get censored for sure !!:rotfl2: My Ex and I were the only ones who did the tour , the others opted for a Beach Party !! several afterwards wished they had gone with us !!:faint:

We also took a tour that stopped at Hell on the way to the Turtle Farm. Not really that impressive, but we had fun.

Seriously - is "hell" really a banned word?

I'm glad you got some serious trip planning done for the Italy trip. Sounds like you found the perfect beach place to stay.

What a gorgeous morning on the deck of the ship. It looks so perfectly peaceful and calming.

Dinner looked pretty darn delish!

I thought I had replied to this but I missed it!

Glad you got your hotels for Italy sorted. Sounds like you found some good ones! I need to come visit you and try real strudel! I just got a Lufthansa credit card so I'm planning on earning those miles for a ticket!

Jill in CO

All you Key Lime items make me crave it, and I've never craved Key Lime before! Need to make this one for sure by the time Summer is up.

How pretty the colors are.

as this was one of the articles they had been “out of” during our summer cruise in 2014

And now we know they were using it for decor! :rotfl:

Very nice!

One look and he smiled and said that he remembered us. Didn’t we go on a back to back the year before? Well, he got the year wrong, but the rest of his details was spot on. Very impressive.

Wow, that is super impressive.

Key Lime Pie

Agh, there you go again with the Key Lime stuff!!!

Soon she returned with the beer for Tom and glass of Moet Ice.

Perfect!:goodvibes

And I'm so jealous about your Italy trip, BTW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter