Think of all the joy you’ll find …….. Update - January 06

All caught up again!

I didn't realize there were two places for the boat to dock. I really DO hope we get to dock in Mallory Square.

What a gorgeous day! Glad you guys were able to find a stapler.

So when you got back to the ship you were actually able to watch people kayak out in the lagoon? Cool!

Birthday Beer? Neat. Denny loves dark beer. Me - not so much a fan!

When you write, it's perfect! Do you feel writing it out is easier than speaking?

I don't mind talking to someone face to face. It is having to make a phone call that is the issue. You see if you talk to someone face to face it is easier to guess from expression if you do not catch something. On the phone, not so much and my experience is that often in call centers there are foreigners with a huge accent answering the phone and then I do have an issue.
No problem sitting with friends and chatting in a foreign language - it's just the phone thing. ;)

I want this in my FE!

:thumbsup2

The bottles or the FE??:laughing::thumbsup2

Both! :rotfl:

What is it that they're swimming with?

They had kind of a board with all their gear in front of them. It looked quite bulky and heavy, they had a hard time making good progress swimming.
I still think it's crazy how to goes over the side of the boat. Imagine if that part broke off while you were on it :scared1:

That was exactly what I thought about when we first rode the Aquaduck. After that, the fun took over .........:-)

I didn't realize there were two places for the boat to dock. I really DO hope we get to dock in Mallory Square.

Yes, there is the dock at Mallory Square and the one at Fort Zachary. I would really have prefered to dock at Mallory Square as you can just get off and walk right into Key West. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the ship to dock at Mallory Square for your cruise. :thumbsup2

So when you got back to the ship you were actually able to watch people kayak out in the lagoon? Cool!

They were marines doing some exercises in the lagoon. We found it pretty funny that we were not allowed to take photos from the tram, but once we were on board and had an even better view that didn't seem to be a problem.
They were pushing a board with some equipment and it looked pretty heavy.

Birthday Beer? Neat. Denny loves dark beer. Me - not so much a fan!

I don't drink ANY beer, but Tom likes to taste. We have found a few that went right down the drain after a sip, but this one he deemed pretty nice. :goodvibes

15birthday_zpsp2vlztl5.jpg

Day 3, March 30

Welcome to the Conch Republic - Part 5

We sat out on the veranda with a glass of his birthday sparkling wine and watched the Carnival ship go by and a little later the sun started to set.

IMG_5266%20-%20Kopie_zps33nwtuom.jpg

IMG_5267%20-%20Kopie_zpsughlkoqb.jpg

IMG_5296%20-%20Kopie_zpsk2y3dr2h.jpg

It was so peaceful to just sit out there on the veranda and watch the sun slowly but surely gliding deeper and deeper

DSC_0293_zpskyn662vq.jpg

DSC_0296_zpstti47hlm.jpg

IMG_5269%20-%20Kopie_zps9rgxjzri.jpg

DSC_0307_zpsuyma9zcw.jpg

DSC_0323_zpskpy1rlef.jpg

DSC_0324_zpsgzhe1nc2.jpg

DSC_0334_zpsyfnnyqgc.jpg

IMG_5282%20-%20Kopie_zpsyaawmgso.jpg

IMG_5283%20-%20Kopie_zpsr4jmbayy.jpg

until it reached the horizon and the colours were just amazing.

IMG_5289%20-%20Kopie_zpscyhx5vh8.jpg

IMG_5284%20-%20Kopie_zpspxtb2ray.jpg

IMG_5273%20-%20Kopie_zps9rvlevok.jpg

IMG_5275%20-%20Kopie_zpsn7xq2ohm.jpg

IMG_5278%20-%20Kopie_zpsqmqbjxsz.jpg

A sunset at Key West is always spectacular, but to be able to watch it from the relaxing setting of your own balcony with a nice drink in your hand was just out of this world.

To be continued ..........

Day 3, March 30

Welcome to the Conch Republic - Part 6

And soon it was time again to get ready for dinner, which was at Lumiere’s today.
When we got to the restaurant we were quickly led to our table and our assistant server put the Diet Cokes on the table and handed us the menus.
I ordered the drink of the day, the

IMG_5302%20-%20Kopie_zpszmnujqc4.jpg

IMG_5301%20-%20Kopie_zps4rve3gty.jpg

Key Lime Margarita while Tom stayed with his Diet Coke. Soon the bread basket, which contained

IMG_5300%20-%20Kopie_zps3ta1bvkg.jpg

Warm French Country Bread and the

IMG_5299%20-%20Kopie_zpsyppzk7as.jpg

Olive Spread were put on our table and within a few minutes Romeo, our server, was at hand to take our order. Tom ordered the

IMG_5304%20-%20Kopie_zps7l81e8vv.jpg

Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp with Green Asparagus, Horseradish Cream and Dill Dressing for his appetizer, while I had the

IMG_5303%20-%20Kopie_zpsivhftgua.jpg

Breaded and Deep Fried Brie with an Orange and Cranberry Chutney. Both were delicious and were followed by the

IMG_5305%20-%20Kopie_zps55cwzesw.jpg

Potage Parmentier, the Leek and Potato Soup. Again, another yum! For his main course Tom had ordered the

IMG_5308%20-%20Kopie_zpskjz91k9r.jpg

Crispy Roasted Duck Breast, with Cabbage, Shallots, Bacon, Honey Parsnip Puree and a Duck Red Wine Jus. I had ordered the

IMG_5307%20-%20Kopie_zpsf9okz7bq.jpg

Chateaubriand Roasted Filet Steak, Roasted Filet Steak, Crushed New Potatoes with Shallots, Buttered Green Beans, Red Wine Jus and Sauce Bernaise on the side. Again, both dishes were pretty tasty, even though the steak was more on the medium done side, than just medium.
There was no question about what we wanted for dessert and no menu needed, so after only a very short wait we were served the

IMG_5309%20-%20Kopie_zpsvojsraip.jpg

IMG_5310%20-%20Kopie_zpsry3hc9al.jpg

Grand Marnier Soufflé With Vanilla Sauce, which was as wonderful as we had remembered it. Since we are pretty slow eaters many of our fellow guests had already left and the servers had time to chat with us for a bit, before it was time for us to leave. We went to After Hours

IMG_5311%20-%20Kopie_zpsihwogbbf.jpg

to try and find Nuna, but she was pretty busy and did not have time to chat a bit, so we walked over to our friend Oksana and chatted with her a bit before it was time for us to head back to our stateroom. We found a new little towel animal, a seal this time, sporting sunglasses and having a look at next day’s navigator.

IMG_5314%20-%20Kopie_zpsovso7ti4.jpg

IMG_5315_zpsi2kbrcwn.jpg

IMG_5312%20-%20Kopie_zpszv7y9hky.jpg

IMG_5313%20-%20Kopie_zpsd2wyqob9.jpg

We got changed and ended the evening like so many others, out on the veranda, looking down at the sea as the ship was gliding along.

How cool that Tom got Birthday Beer to help celebrate his Birthday! I'm not a big beer fan, but I do have to admit that anything with Chocolate in the name certainly catches my interest. And such beautiful sunset pictures...........such a lovely and relaxing way to end a great day!

Key Lime Margaritas, yummy looking food and topping it all off with the Grand Marnier Souffle sounds good to me :thumbsup2

Love the sunset pictures! Dinner looked so good...those Gran Marnier souffles are my favorite!

Jill in CO

How cool that Tom got Birthday Beer to help celebrate his Birthday!

It was a cool find - and he even liked it! :drinking1

I'm not a big beer fan, but I do have to admit that anything with Chocolate in the name certainly catches my interest.

I don't like beer either, but I do LOVE chocolate! And if you like chocolate too you should pay us a visit here - lots of things with chocolate here!!!!!!!::yes::

And such beautiful sunset pictures...........such a lovely and relaxing way to end a great day!

There are always beautiful sunsets in Key West - and seeing them from our veranda with a nice adult beverage was just awesome.

Key Lime Margaritas, yummy looking food and topping it all off with the Grand Marnier Souffle sounds good to me :thumbsup2

Perfect ending to a perfect day.

Love the sunset pictures! Dinner looked so good...those Gran Marnier souffles are my favorite!

Jill in CO

We were so lucky to be able to catch another beautiful sunset and to see it from our private veranda was just awesome. Dinner was the icing on the cake lateron. :goodvibes

Day 4, March 31

What the ship has to offer …… - Part 1

Today was a day at sea, so we slept in a little, then around 8am got up and ready to have some breakfast.
Again, we walked down to Lumiere’s and were quickly led to a table, where a server was already waiting and asking for our drinks order. Tom ordered some

IMG_5316_zpsbpxrvgfr.jpg

coffee, while I stuck with

IMG_5317_zps7nu5tew8.jpg

tea and we both ordered some orange juice. Next we were offered some Danish, which we both declined but soon the first part of our breakfast arrived. We both had gone with our standard starter dishes, Tom had ordered the

IMG_5319_zpsrarhxrrh.jpg

Swiss Bircher Muesli, Muesli with Raisins, Shredded Apples and Yogurt, while I went with the

IMG_5318_zpslill4f7t.jpg

Mornin’ Tug Boat, fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt. Both were as good as we remembered them from previous cruises and soon our mains arrived. This time Tom had ordered the

IMG_5322_zpsuc4cfdny.jpg

Traditional Eggs Benedict, Toasted English Muffin with Grilled Canadian Bacon served with Poached Egg topped with Hollandaise Sauce, grilled Roma Tomatoes and link Sausages, while I had another favourite, the

IMG_5320_zpszhtybykf.jpg

French Toast and Pineapple Stack, Layers of French Toast and Grilled Pineapple, topped with Strawberry Coulis, Maple Glaze and Fruit salad. We were both pretty happy with our choices and left the restaurants with happy faces. We had some time before our next appointment, so we started to explore the now empty adult area, After Hours.
First off we headed into Fathoms and had a good look around. It’s an underwater theme,

IMG_5323_zps7cwnmbcm.jpg

IMG_5324_zpsdeuj7udg.jpg

IMG_5325_zps6fi3ueqy.jpg

IMG_5326_zpsrni6qt4t.jpg

IMG_5327_zpsorkmjh8u.jpg

with jelly fish on the ceiling and fish on the walls. It was funny to see a display of Moet Ice in one of the bar windows,

IMG_5328_zpsm2ahqfht.jpg

IMG_5330_zpsqznyudox.jpg

IMG_5332_zpsa93wxmvt.jpg

as this was one of the articles they had been “out of” during our summer cruise in 2014. Once we had finished our inspection we moved on to O’Gills.

IMG_5333_zpsmtymk2ik.jpg

IMG_5335_zpscvg9cdjg.jpg

It was nice to take in some of the detail while the bar was empty.

IMG_5336_zpstfpj5se9.jpg

IMG_5339_zps70xcji9f.jpg

IMG_5341_zpsutnimtjm.jpg

IMG_5342_zpsujvne39a.jpg

IMG_5343_zpskjaaheox.jpg

Our next stop was Keys, but they were just closing the doors to prepare for an event, so we headed upstairs

IMG_5344_zpsrp6dzvrb.jpg

and on to deck 4.

IMG_5318_zpslill4f7t.jpg

Mornin’ Tug Boat, fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt.
This looks Yummy! And sounds yummy too............. :goodvibes

Traditional Eggs Benedict, Toasted English Muffin with Grilled Canadian Bacon served with Poached Egg topped with Hollandaise Sauce
This always looks so good, and I'm tempted to try it..............but then always shy away. Not a fan of poached eggs. :rolleyes2

IMG_5320_zpszhtybykf.jpg

French Toast and Pineapple Stack, Layers of French Toast and Grilled Pineapple, topped with Strawberry Coulis, Maple Glaze and Fruit salad.
I'm thinking your choice easily wins again!!! :banana:

IMG_5335_zpscvg9cdjg.jpg

It was nice to take in some of the detail while the bar was empty.
That is ONE very interesting light for sure! :scratchin

Okay then :rotfl2:My mouth is watering at the pix of those eggs benedict:goodvibesAll your food looked yummy as always . I think if I ever cruised again I would try the Gran Marnier Souffle !!!

I am reading as fast as I can! I have so much to catch up on- but wanted to say, so sorry you were so ill and glad you are feeling better now! Italy looked delicious and Germany just looks so beautiful- we really need to visit. I am so sorry your plans for this summer changed, but LUCKY YOU going on that amazing Italy vacation instead!! Oh, I think that is a very, very wonderful substitute!! Also very happy the Birthday boy (and you!) were pixie-dusted at BLT. Sooo nice. Very envious of the Panama Canal trip, too- you really are doing some amazing things in the next year or so!!

I have been on the DIS less and less lately- life can be so crazy. But I always think of you and Tom because we (he and I) play that Criminal Case game- allllll the time, lol.

Key West is incredible- we had so much fun there in May, Evie and Joan and I on our Mother's Day cruise! We all just loved the Magic- it was my third cruise on her, but my first on her new lovely self. :) You are bringing back so many happy memories- and making me glad I will be on her again in February!

And congrats on ANOTHER trip! Your dance card is very full, missy!

This always looks so good, and I'm tempted to try it..............but then always shy away. Not a fan of poached eggs. :rolleyes2

I just love poached eggs. Is it the runny yolk that you do not like? If that's it, they can always do them cooked through. :thumbsup2
I'm thinking your choice easily wins again!!! :banana:

That is my second favourite (after the Eggs Benedict) on the DCL menu! :goodvibes

Not letting me post , so I will try again

Not nice!!!!! >:(
Okay then :rotfl2:My mouth is watering at the pix of those eggs benedict:goodvibesAll your food looked yummy as always . I think if I ever cruised again I would try the Gran Marnier Souffle !!!

I knew you'd like the Eggs Benedict! :thumbsup2 You did not try the Grand Marnier Souffle? Rosie, that alone is a reason to cruise again!

I am so sorry your plans for this summer changed, but LUCKY YOU going on that amazing Italy vacation instead!! Oh, I think that is a very, very wonderful substitute!!

Well, it really sucked to have to cancel our summer cruises, but there was nothing we could do. We really had a hard time coming up with something else, but then we remembered that after last summer we wanted to go back to Cinque Terre again and explore more. And from there it all developed more. We changed it up a bit a week ago (added a day at Lake Garda in the beginning and added a day (and night) in Venice) and in less than 4 weeks we will be on our way. :cheer2:

Also very happy the Birthday boy (and you!) were pixie-dusted at BLT.

That was one awesome surprise! :goodvibes

Very envious of the Panama Canal trip, too- you really are doing some amazing things in the next year or so!!

We owe it to Magdalene (Flossbolna) that we are going on that cruise. I had just briefly looked at the new itineraries and didn't realize that the PC Cruise fell right into our summer holidays. Needless to say I just jumped on the idea. :jumping3:

Key West is incredible- we had so much fun there in May, Evie and Joan and I on our Mother's Day cruise!

It's an awesome place isn't it?

I will be on her again in February!

Yeah! :thumbsup2 Lucky girl.

And congrats on ANOTHER trip! Your dance card is very full, missy!

2016 looks promising so far. ;) And I hope our Italy trip will work out as well.

Day 4, March 31

What the ship has to offer …… - Part 2

Our next stop was Keys, but they were just closing the doors to prepare for an event, so we headed upstairs and on to deck 4.
It was a lovely day, so we just walked around the ship

IMG_5345_zpsorbfe8do.jpg

and enjoying the fresh air. By then it was time to head back to the room to freshen up and get ready for our next appointment, the Castaway Club reception.

DSC_0370_zpsx75chi89.jpg

So, after chilling for a few minutes and getting changed, we walked down to the D-Lounge. We were greeted at the door, then asked inside, where we were offered some drinks, by our friend Nuna. We both decided on one, but she insisted we taste the rest of her drinks as well, so we ended up with two glasses each.

IMG_5346_zpsqi0y1dg9.jpg

It didn’t take long after we had sat down until a server came by to offer some canapes. I picked a

IMG_5347_zpsycp5ajju.jpg

cracker with some Camembert and a raspberry and some salmon, decorated with some caviar and chives. Tom had opted for the

IMG_5348_zpsdjfb8clc.jpg

baguette, topped with green pepper chiffonade rolled into some prociutto and a virgin bloody Mary shooter topped with a shrimp.
And while we started tasting our goodies the officers present were introduced and we were stunned again, as one of our favourites, hotel director, Lloyd from India was on board as well. :jumping1:
The officers made their rounds and we talked to some of them and finally it was Lloyd’s turn to make it to our table.
One look and he smiled and said that he remembered us. Didn’t we go on a back to back the year before? Well, he got the year wrong, but the rest of his details was spot on. Very impressive.
We chatted for quite some time, and since he asked about where we had been the summer before, we told him about our troubles on the Magic during the Med cruise. He was truly shocked and hoped that we had a better impression of the ship now.
But then it was time for him to step aside as the reception was now in full swing and Captain Mickey

DSC_0376_zpslfozbny3.jpg

DSC_0389_zps28diwxrg.jpg

DSC_0372_zpsykdx63dt.jpg

and Commodore Tom

DSC_0373_zpsmtuj9bwp.jpg

were on stage. Captain Tom gave practically the same speech he always does and didn’t really answer the more substantial questions.
And soon the reception was over and we were given Rice Krispy Mickey heads as a thank you for coming to the reception. We again headed back to our room and after emptying the Fish Extender again we chilled in the room for a while before starting to assemble our next Fish Extender gift bags.
Once we were done with them, we stored them all in our delivery bag and headed back to Lumiere’s for lunch.
Again, we were greeted at the entrance and quickly led to a table and handed the menu. And while we were still studying it, our server, who came from our neighbouring country of Hungary introduced himself and the assistant server. We were then served our

IMG_5349_zpsx7c4oqzh.jpg

Diet Cokes before we put in our order. There was also a

IMG_5350_zpsu6cpmupk.jpg

basket full of fresh dinner rolls and slices of Baguette, which we enjoyed with some butter. We both ordered the same starter, the

IMG_5353_zpsn0uxok2q.jpg

IMG_5355_zpsenknt7o4.jpg

Vegetable Quesadillas, served with Guacamole, Sour Cream and Pico de Gallo, which were as good as we remembered them. The restaurant was pretty empty, so we got to chat with the server for a while before our main courses arrived. Tom had ordered

IMG_5357_zpsn9tckrbg.jpg

IMG_5360_zpsxxxxauaf.jpg

The Angus Chuck Burger, a grilled half pound burger, served with bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and onions and served with Coleslaw and French Fries. Needless to say Tom needed some ketchup as well and so the assistant server created the perfect

IMG_5358_zpsemwo8zay.jpg

Mickey ketchup. My choice was easy as well, as I just love their

IMG_5356_zpsjlpr5ax6.jpg

Grilled Halibut with a Tomato, Olive and Garlic Sauce, served with Herb Safron Rice. I am not a huge fan of Herb Safron Rice, so I asked if they could substitute mash for the rice and it was not problem. Both dishes were really nice and I have to admit, that Tom’s portion was pretty big and there was no chance he could finish it. For dessert Tom had ordered the

IMG_5363_zpsco2zlmwf.jpg

Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and I stuck with my old favourite, the

IMG_5364_zpsxw3gfua9.jpg

Key Lime Pie, Lime Custard on Graham Cracker and a Meringue Topping. Once we had enjoyed our desserts we headed back to our room for some rest.
We grabbed some drinks out of our fridge and sat out on the veranda, enjoying the view of the deep blue sea. But soon we had to leave again, as we wanted to watch the “Anyone Can Cook” presentation, which was apple strudel that day. On the way to the D-Lounge we passed the DVC desk and one of the representatives looked very familiar. So we stopped and asked if he had been on one of our former cruises and yes, he had been. It was no wonder that he did not remember us, but when we mentioned that we had handed out Milka chocolate on that cruise, he quickly remembered us. So we chatted for a while and he introduced us to his colleagues

DSC_0390_zpslggpxmdi.jpg

before we had to leave for the presentation.

Hi! :wave:I am a little behind but wanted to join in! I have read your previous reports but just recently got the nerve to start posting :thumbsup2 You are one of my favorite people on here and I always love reading about your adventures!!! Ok, heading back to catch up now ::yes::

The sunset pictures are just beautiful! I loved being reminded of the Grand Marnier Souffle! I just did online check in and booked dining for my upcoming B2B and seeing those pictures from dinner made me really happy!

The Captains reception looked great. On my B2B the 2 nighter will be my fifth cruise, so does that mean on the 5 nighter I will be invited to go to the reception? :hyper: I can't wait to have breakfast and lunch at Triton's! Your pictures are making me so anxious for my cruises!

I just love poached eggs. Is it the runny yolk that you do not like? If that's it, they can always do them cooked through. :thumbsup2
And yet another thing I learned here! :blush: Yes the runny yolk is something I cool for Pat, but I stick with one done all the way through..........so maybe I WILL try the eggs benedict soon. :scratchin

The Angus Chuck Burger, a grilled half pound burger, served with bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and onions and served with Coleslaw and French Fries. Needless to say Tom needed some ketchup as well
Tom wins this round :goodvibes..........and yes, I would definitely need the ketchup also! :thumbsup2

For dessert Tom had ordered the

IMG_5363_zpsco2zlmwf.jpg

Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and I stuck with my old favourite, the

IMG_5364_zpsxw3gfua9.jpg

Key Lime Pie, Lime Custard on Graham Cracker and a Meringue Topping.
Okay, this time I have to declare a TIE! :woohoo:

It was no wonder that he did not remember us, but when we mentioned that we had handed out Milka chocolate on that cruise, he quickly remembered us.
As if you guys aren't memorable enough............handing out chocolate is always a positive! :love:

Oh more food porn Karen you have to be the reason I am gaining sooo much weight , Oh wait I quit smoking:rotfl2: Oh yes there is a price to pay 20 lbs so far !!!:eek::faint:

Hi! :wave:I am a little behind but wanted to join in!

:welcome:

I have read your previous reports but just recently got the nerve to start posting :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading about our adventures and you will see once you get into posting, it can get quite addicting. ;)

You are one of my favorite people on here and I always love reading about your adventures!!! Ok, heading back to catch up now ::yes::

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love that there are people here, who are interested in our travels and I always LOVE to get to know them. :goodvibes

I just did online check in and booked dining for my upcoming B2B and seeing those pictures from dinner made me really happy!

:cheer2: Online check in! One of the best things to count down to. :goodvibes
Hope you got all your reservations. I take it you are still silver and sometimes it can be so hard getting what one wants.

On my B2B the 2 nighter will be my fifth cruise, so does that mean on the 5 nighter I will be invited to go to the reception?

Well, the 5 nighter is your 6th cruise, so you will definitely be invited to the Castaway Club reception! It is fun to get to know the officers and to enjoy a bit of the good life with them. So happy for you! Don't forget to pick up your free Rice Krispy Treat at the end. ;)

I can't wait to have breakfast and lunch at Triton's!

It is so relaxing to have breakfast and lunch at a table service restaurant. We really try to go as often as possible. :thumbsup2

Your pictures are making me so anxious for my cruises!

Payback time. ;) Your 60th anniversary pics make me want to go to DL even more than I already wanted to. :laughing:
As if you guys aren't memorable enough............handing out chocolate is always a positive! :love:

:thumbsup2
Oh more food porn Karen you have to be the reason I am gaining sooo much weight , Oh wait I quit smoking:rotfl2: Oh yes there is a price to pay 20 lbs so far !!!:eek::faint:

No, no, no, Rosie, my pics cannot be the reason. ;) Don't you remember that there are no calories at Disney? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter