Think I'm in love with WL, but are their rooms darker than Poly?

Happyjen27

DIS Veteran
I didn't like the dark rooms of the Poly, so while resort researching I think I fell in love with WL.

However, I learned from the Poly thread that it's possible that the WL rooms are darker than the Poly.

For those who have stayed at both, are the WL rooms darker than Poly?

The rooms are much smaller at WL. The furnishings are pretty dark and the door wall to the balcony is smaller. So, yes, it probably is darker. You would also have to factor in the location of the room at each resort. With that said, we love the WL. You couldn't have it any other way with the arts and craft mission style furnishings.

Yes, WL rooms feature darker colors (forest green and dark wood). We also love the WL, but if "darker" rooms are an absolute deal-breaker for you, it could be an issue.

We stayed at WL and we found the rooms extremely dark and dreary. Not a fan of that feeling at all and the rooms are small as well. The Lodge itself is absolutely gorgeous so if you can get past the room problem you will love the rest. You may want to ask at check in about a brighter room. Im sure they get this question often .

I agree with butternut. The wl is nice, but not so much the rooms. The poly is very very extra nice and so are the rooms!

We've stayed at both. I didn't find the Poly dark at all but the WL definitely was dark. I think the smaller size of the room made it feel darker as well (we had a room with bunk beds which are smaller than the rooms with two queens). That said, I loved both resorts. We didn't spend much time in our room at the WL and I loved the lobby, the pool area and the grounds.

I was not a fan of the old decor at WL. But, all of the rooms were refurbished
last year, and I do not think they are dark at all. I think they are beautiful!

Here is what they look like now:
CandacesEpicPhonePictures1418.jpg

And, FWIW, my family of four did not think the room was small at all. :thumbsup2

I'll piggyback on what mousemommy said -- the old WL rooms were darker than the rooms at Poly. The *new* rooms, however, are not.

We're not big fans of dark rooms, either -- it was something we really disliked about both resorts. However, we stayed at WL again after the room update and it was MUCH brighter. :thumbsup2

I have the opposite opinion. We have stayed at both multiple times. I've always felt that the Poly rooms were darker than the WL rooms. Neither of them are on the bright side though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter