THINGS TO PACK -Let's Pack Together

I pack the kids clothes in ziploc bags. One outfit per bag. I can actually fit shorts, tshirt, socks, underwear (for older toddler) in one sandwich sized bag. It makes grabbing a complete outfit so fast and easy. Plus easy to grab an outfit for putting a spare in the diaper bag. I label the bag with the kids names. I am reusing them for the next trip too.

I did not read all the responses,but a power strip(wal-mart 5$) was a must for our gang.think about all the things you need to plug in, rechargeable batteries,cell phone,laptop,electric razor etc.etc. nice to have a recharging station in one place.

I know alot of women get some part of their body waxed but, after 20 years of waxing, I have gone back to shaving my legs. So, for those who shave, don't forget the razors, refills, shave cream and a good skin cream.

For those who prefer to bring their own -- ground coffee, coffee filters, sugar packets, tea bags. We also bring our refillable mugs from prior years so we don't have to buy new ones just to take a drink out by the pool.

My boys are responsible for their carry on bag of, I-pods, hand-held games, sunglasses, small stuffed toy, hats and, water balls. My older son gets vocabulary words to study over the summer in addition to a list of books to read, so I create flash cards with the words, put them in a ziploc and bring them along.

I'll probably print the list on page one when I start to pack, no sense recreating the wheel. :rotfl:

Some things we're packing (hope there are no duplicates!):

Cue cards so we can write down our ADRs for the day, any special tour/parade times, brief itinerary, etc. These fit easily into pockets, purses, bags, etc.

Printouts of our touring plans (we used touringplans.com this year).

Light sweaters to bring into the parks with us because some air conditioned restaurants can get pretty chilly!!

Febreeze to keep our room and clothes smelling fresh.

Change for the laundry machines.

Calling cards, so we can phone friends and family at home without paying crazy long distance rates from cell phones.

Fanny pack (I know, I know, but Disney is the only place I wear mine! They're so handy!:lovestruc )

Passports (if flying internationally).

Printouts of all reservation confirmation #s, ADR times and #s, etc, just in case things get a little mixed up.

I think that's about it! Time to start packing tomorrow, we leave on WEDNESDAY!!:woohoo:

Some things we're packing (hope there are no duplicates!):

Cue cards so we can write down our ADRs for the day, any special tour/parade times, brief itinerary, etc. These fit easily into pockets, purses, bags, etc.

Printouts of our touring plans (we used touringplans.com this year).

Light sweaters to bring into the parks with us because some air conditioned restaurants can get pretty chilly!!

Febreeze to keep our room and clothes smelling fresh.

Change for the laundry machines.

Calling cards, so we can phone friends and family at home without paying crazy long distance rates from cell phones.

Fanny pack (I know, I know, but Disney is the only place I wear mine! They're so handy!:lovestruc )

Passports (if flying internationally).

Printouts of all reservation confirmation #s, ADR times and #s, etc, just in case things get a little mixed up.

I think that's about it! Time to start packing tomorrow, we leave on WEDNESDAY!!:woohoo:

I will be upgrading the list on the front page very soon ! Have fun packing and let us know if you have anything we need to add when you get back !!

I think I noticed a couple of things missing from the list...

- dryer sheets (good to keep clothes in your suitcase smelling nice too) - I either buy one of the little packs from the laundrymat or just put some in a baggie...

- fabric softener - again, the little packs from the laundrymat or a small bottle.

- I didn't see that anyone put body wash and sponge thingy down...

- individual cereal boxes for breakfast in the morning

- I also bring plastic spoons if I'm staying in a regular non-DVC room for stirring coffee/creamer, eating cereal, etc...

- I also bring a candle with me too!

- Makeup remover?

This is a great thread everyone! Great ideas!

AND it helped seal my argument with my husband for why I got an Owner's Locker this year!!:thumbsup2 He never realized the amount of stuff that we take with us. Seriously - like an entire suitcase of non-clothing items!!

Okay once again I have updated the front page - I only have 14 days left- and now alot of shopping to pick up additional items. Thanks again for all the wonderful ideas and helping us all to remember what to pack - this has been great fun.... Keep the ideas coming, and before you know it we will all be packed - they will see us coming at the airport !!!

We've missed moving this thread to the Disney "tips" forum where it's a better fi than here on the ThemeParks board.

Thanks,

Knox

Didn't realize how many things I was missing from my list:thumbsup2 It just tripled.....thanks!

I have added the wrinkle release spray. Our thread got moved and boy did this thread die off ... or do we really already have everything in our house in our luggage? I would like to also say we are bringing everything but the kitchen sink ... they have one available at beaches and cream though !!

I see deodorant- but how about the CLINICAL strength they have out now!

Summer in Florida!

I prefer the scent of Sure over Secret.

I can't remember if this is on the list, but for those of us with kids how about child I.D.'s of some sort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!