THINGS TO PACK -Let's Pack Together

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by Turtle31, Jul 13, 2008.

1. HarleyGirl514

HarleyGirl514 Earning My Ears

I just went to Dollar Tree last night and bought some things for my trip in June!! :thumbsup2 I only spent $20 but I got all kinds of stuff from this list: pop up boxes for organizing my kiddos "stuff" in the room, new toothbrushes for everyone, and these super cool drawstring backpacks for their travel "fun bags"! With 5 kids under 12, and a 20 hour drive, we need plenty of fun things for the trip!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RadGirl

RadGirl i was lurking, but i'm afraid my glow gave me away

I haven't seen it listed but I actually learned this tip on Disboards, I use a clear backpack instead of a diaper bag. It makes it so much easier to go in the parks.
    Dog tag w/ info for my little one to wear as a necklace (maybe) or on shoe
    Bug repellant/ citronella bracelets.

4. Mom2JaSaKa

Mom2JaSaKa Earning My Ears

Trying to decide :scratchin- T-shirt or Tank top for out April Disney trip? I know it's warm but alot of the rides now have interactive queues which are air conditioned. Any suggestions?

5. MissNurse

MissNurse Mouseketeer

You could have a mixture of cold/hot weather, even in the same day! I would go for either t-shirt or tank, but add a light hoodie. Something you can easily roll up and put in your bag.

6. LoveToTravel2001

LoveToTravel2001 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Not sure if this is already on the thread but: glow sticks/bracelets

Glow sticks go everywhere with us. I can snap a glow stick/bracelet and leave it on the night stand to act as a nightlight in the room. I snap a stick/bracelet and attach it to the towel rod in the bathroom. You can also easily take it off the night stand en route to the bathroom. I snap a stick/bracelet and attach it to the stroller at night in the park so I can find my stroller. When DD was little, I attached one to the back of her jacket, shorts... So I could see her if she wandered away from me in the park at night or we got separated in the crowd at night. And what kid doesn't like a glow stick during fireworks?
    I've also been known to hang one in the window of our room at CBR when I would go to the food court to get a snack at night. Always knew which room was mine on my return trip.

7. aimeeinohio

aimeeinohio Mouseketeer

Great great ideas about the uses of the glow sticjs!

8. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

I didn't see duffel bags.

When we were at the World a decade ago we bought to much and needed to take our clothes carry on. We found these really cool bags at Wal Mart.

It zips up into a little square say 12 x 12 and an 1" thick.

Also another one similar to the glow sticks is a night light. Take out the standard white bulb and use Christmas bulbs. I like blue as its light enough but not to bright.

9. ricosuave

ricosuave Mouseketeer

10. jjsmom

jjsmom Mouseketeer

Pepto bismol caplets. They've saved us!!!

11. dissybroad

dissybroad MNSSHP 2014

Thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning corkscrew. We're getting wine from Garden Grocers and I would have been bummed if we couldn't open it.

12. ain0004

ain0004 Mouseketeer

Don't laugh. Battery operated xmas mini lights for your stroller. This is a easy cheap way to tell your stroller apart from the other thousands of strollers, plus easy to find at night!

13. PocahontasLookALike

PocahontasLookALike DIS Veteran

Where can I find these right now since its not Christmas time!?!?!

14. DizDragonfly

DizDragonfly <font color=green>Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I

Where else, Amazon.com! :thumbsup2

15. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

:rotfl: Just checking in after a while away and getting caught up. You are 100 percent right about overpacking. Everytime we go I travel a little lighter. Now I just copy and paste the original list into a word document and erase all the stuff that doesn't pertain to me. It makes it very easy !

Glad you enjoyed them ;)

I should mention that the list was started before luggage fees :lmao: