Things to do, places to go, people to see

tony64

<font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font
Hi We have 2 weeks booked at the end of Nov begining of Dec and we are looking to spread our wings a bit this trip. Anyone have any suggestions, different to the norm, that are within about a 100 mile radius of Disney?

I second Clearwater Beach - Love it there!

Also, not been myself but had it recommended, St Augustine which is the oldest city in the US with lots of history etc, also attractions and things to do there! It would be pushing your 100 mile radius limit to the max at approx that kinda mileage from Orlando!

I found this website, not had chance to have a good look through it but may be worth considering:

http://www.augustine.com/

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

we have done st petes and loved it there, also been to clearwater and that is great

last year we did the boggy creek airboat rides which the men loved, bit to fast for me but it was fun

Thanks Guys
I should have said, we have planned in to do Anna Maria island ( Gulf Coast)
St Augustine ( Atlantic coast) so the mileage is fine. We did Boggy last year but it may be worth a revisit as it was in the summer and the gators were no where to been seen.
Clearwater may be a good alternative to AMI as DW will love the crafts stalls.:thumbsup2
We are also looking to visit a citrus farm as the oranges will be in season.:goodvibes

We liked Clearwater Beach, especially if you can until sunset and soak up the atmosphere on and around Pier 60. They have street entertainers and local craft stalls for some really unique gifts.
We also went on a dolphin spotting trip on the Little Toot which the whole family enjoyed.

http://www.clearwaterbeachinfo.com/

http://www.littletootdolphinadventure.com/home.html

I to have been recommended either St petes or Clearwater.

I' set my mind on St Petes for the Dolphin Cruise I had been recommended but am not considering a switch to Clearwaters

Decisions, Decisions !!!!

I to have been recommended either St petes or Clearwater.

I' set my mind on St Petes for the Dolphin Cruise I had been recommended but am not considering a switch to Clearwaters

Decisions, Decisions !!!!

We got some really good views of the dolphins when we went out on the Little Toot. The captain explained that because it is a tug boat it churns the water up more which the dolphins love to jump about in - I think there is a more detailed explaination on there website, but either way we had way more dolphins following us than some of the other boats that were out at the time.
Night time is also fun because the area around the pier comes alive. When we were there there were ive bands and a fireworkd display as well as everything else that normally goes on.

Anna Maria Island is the best beach I have ever seen, but is extremely quiet , depends on whether that's a good or bad thing.

Shame Naples is probably just outside your distance as it's really nice down there, opposite side too with Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami beach - again though further than you have asked about.

Cheers johnny, Only looking at day trips so I don't really wait it to be too much of a trek. We are on holiday after all.:goodvibes

Fair enough, Clearwater/St Pete's is a sound choice then, the Sunshine Skyway Bridge close to St Pete's bay is a must do, awesome views.

We loved St Pete Beach and Fort de Soto. We also went to Clearwater and visited Clearwater Aquarium, they do wonderful work there.
I'd set my mind on St Petes for the Dolphin Cruise
We did this ~ it was fantastic. Great crew on the boat, they gave us all a go at steering :sail: (is that the correct word? :rotfl: ) and there were loads of dolphins.

Other recommendations for something a bit different:

Fantasy of Flight

Chalet Suzanne, Lake Wales

Disney Wilderness Preserve

Walking round the 'hidden' lakes at Celebration

Thanks Julie, I'll runs those way DW.
Never been over the skyway bridge so that one may go on the list as well.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter