• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things that add magic?

I have picked up Minnie and frozen sunglasses, we always seem to lose them, a new stuffed Mickey, and at the dollar tree-glow in the dark wands, glow in the dark rings, puzzles and I couldn't believe it but note books with the princesses on the front.

We wear all Disney clothes at WDW. We purchase at our local Disney outlet and if we can find them, we try to match at least some days. I buy items that we need in Disney theme when we can; Mickey shampoo for the kids for example, and any Disney themed snacks that we can find to take along.

I know, not a popular opinion....but I save the money from not doing and buying all this junk and use it towards my NEXT trip. That way we get 2x the magic each year by being able to afford to go twice instead of just going once.

We do all the little things we can to magic it up! My kids are 12-17 so it is different from when they were smaller, but they still like the little special snacks for the road or small Disney goodies. I also keep as many things (p&p cruise, dinners, dessert party) a surprise as long as possible so each day is an adventure.

I spend about $50/ kid getting little surprises and such. Some may think it a waste, but if Tinkerbell or fairy godmother is bringing them souvenirs each morning, and if I have glow necklaces and light spinners on hand, then they aren't begging for souvenirs in the parks. If I shop carefully and buy things on sale at home, I can get much more than what I would get in the parks. And the kids on the trip don't feel like they missing out. I even bring extra of the glow wands and necklaces, to give to whatever kid is next to us during the nighttime entertainment. Ups the magic level a bit.

I try to find anything and everything disney to bring with us. Disney snacks, disney pajamas, disney color wonder, Disney music/movies. I pack my girls activities for the airplane in disney backpacks, too!

Just bought a Mickey and Minnie pillow at Walgreens for 7.99 for my daughter! They also had Frozen and. Cinderella

I think the magic is in traditions too.

I bring glow sticks from the dollar store to play with/wear at night. Kids love it, and we always have enough to give out to other families who have sleepy/cranky kiddos waiting for the nighttime shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter