Things I would never have done without the DIS

Without the Dis, it never would have occurred to me to purchase a 10-day non-expiring ticket with Water Park Fun & More options one year and use that ticket to get into water parks for many years. We would have continued to purchase a Premium Annual Pass every year to get the water parks.:

We are also DVC members and always purchase premium annual passes. How does this work, always looking for ways to save. We are a family of 2 adults and two kids, DS8, DS alsmost 2. Can you use them for 10 years? What would happen if I purchased the childs ticket for my DS who is 8 now, but will be 10 in a couple of years and considered to be charge at adult prices:confused3

the DIS has helped me plan for, budget for, and maximize my vacation! without the DIS, i never would have :

-eaten at Le Cellier
-Went to Jellyrolls! :thumbsup2
-saved my pennies for the pennypress
-made my own autograph book
-made my own scrapbook!
-counted down the days religiously! :worship:
-had a lapu lapu at the poly :cloud9:

If it wasn't for Dis I probably would have never ridden TSM! Goodness knows I wouldn't have ran for fast passes at rope drop if nobody had told me too lol. We also never would have known about having dinner with Cindy at 1900 Park Fare, that was a wonderful experience that DD adored.

There are tons more but most of them have been mentioned, this place has been a great source of info for us!

edited to add: OH I thought of another good one! We never would have known about the special little edits that the photopass photographers can make (Like adding stitch, tinkerbell, etc). Which is great because we might never have stopped for lots of pics otherwise :)

Without the DIS, I wouldn't have:
- made ADR's
- eaten a Dole Whip/ School Bread
- gone to the resorts, just for a look
- or even stayed onsite for the first time
I also wouldn't have spent as much money on Disney :rolleyes:

I've been with ya on all til now: tear drop at MK, what's this?

I also want to know this, and I want to know about the phone in tomorrowland, and I want to know where the wishing well is...man I've been around here for a while and going on trip 12 in Oct- how'd I miss all of this stuff :confused3 :rotfl:

Also until this thread I didn't know about the stables and the campfire at FW.

I totally want to know about these! Please share! :worship:

The tear drop in MK is a small area in Toon Town past Mickey's house and the judges tent where I have read you can often see rare characters. If you follow the path next to the railroad it dead ends in what looks like a tear drop--a little out of the way and characters aren't there all day but I have read in these forums that this is where they often try out "new" characters.

The dance party at HS during EMH takes place at the Playhouse Disney attraction. Characters come and dance with the kids--we haven't done either of these yet but we will on our next visit!

teardrop.jpg

Without the DIS I would have never known:

1) I could use late Fastpasses

2) To look for discount codes

We are members of Interval International. In the big book for Florida, they have the Disney resorts. So it's a trade.

DIS has been great! I've learned so much...Thanks!

FP are good after the time on ticket
Make ADR's well in advance
Rope drop!
Pin Codes
Yummy food of all kinds
and I'm sure there are so many that I am forgetting....

Can anyone tell me what pin codes are for?

Can anyone tell me what pin codes are for?

PIN codes are these magical 15 digit numbers that mysteriously appear in your e-mail or by snail mail. Apparently they are sent out randomly and are good for various and sundry discounts (free dining not open to the public, room only discount, get $500 merchandise card for $350, etc.). Without the DIS, I would never have known that those are special and desirable!

In a few weeks I'll be making my first WDW trip post-finding the DIS, but here's my early list

- Made ADR's at 90 days
- Get a Dole Whip
- Get a ice cream sandwich from Main Street Bakery
- Avoid CS at DHS =)
- Go to POFQ to get beignet's
- Booked F&W events the day they're available
- Signing up to get Pin Codes

Also, I used the Food Pics thread and dining reviews from here to pick most of our ADRs

Fabulous thread. Tell me about the phone in Tomorrowland and lime green Mickeys. These are new to me.

Fabulous thread. Tell me about the phone in Tomorrowland and lime green Mickeys. These are new to me.

I am not 100% sure about the lime green mickey head. I know you go to Home Depot and they have paint samples in the shape of Mickey heads and you display this on your backpack or something on your person to let other DIS members know that you too are a DIS member, that is all I have learned about them. I would like to know if there is anything else to it also. I went to Home Depot and got a few.

Where is the Wishing Well?
What are the paths around the Tree of Life?
How do you get to the bottom of the Canadian Falls?
How do you wake up Tinkerbell?
How do you ID your kid?
What is DME?
What is School Bread?
Thank you in advance for any help with these....so looking forward to our trip in 8 days!!!!
Erika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter