Things I wish I knew about Cabana Bay - List Here -

This is a great thread. Do the rooms have a coffee machine/keurig? Also do the rooms have complimentary shamoo, soaps, lotions, etc.?
We always stay at RPH, and thought we'd try somewhere different. This resort looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Yes the rooms have free toiletries. Click on my trip report below to see what they look like. It's one of the 1st posts.

They do also have a coffee machine. I thought that was pretty standard in US hotel rooms?

This is a great thread. Do the rooms have a coffee machine/keurig? Also do the rooms have complimentary shamoo, soaps, lotions, etc.?
We always stay at RPH, and thought we'd try somewhere different. This resort looks like it could be a lot of fun.

They have a coffee machine but it is not a Keurig.

If you buy a length of stay Freestyle cup, does it work in the parks too, or just at the resort?

I had done my homework and came to CB with both my own floats and smores ingredients. What I did not know to bring was skewers. They only came in a smores pack but we just needed the sticks. They were super nice and gave us the skewers for free. So - my tip is, bring skewers with your smores ingredients!

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but even if it has...it bears repeating! Ask for a room close to the lobby. We just finished up a short two night stay at Cabana Bay. We checked in after 11pm due to a late flight, and our room was only about three rooms away from being the room at the furthest end of the Americana wing. That's quite a trek at the end of a long day!! Since our stay was so short, we didn't bother to ask for a different room, but if we ever stay again I will definitely request a closer room.

Also, the water pressure was awful. Other than that, it's a very neat hotel for a value. We never had to wait more than a few minutes for a bus to or from the parks.

I had done my homework and came to CB with both my own floats and smores ingredients. What I did not know to bring was skewers. They only came in a smores pack but we just needed the sticks. They were super nice and gave us the skewers for free. So - my tip is, bring skewers with your smores ingredients!

What kind of fire pit are they? I'm allergic to wood burning and smoke. I noticed both fire pits are near the DSA (Designated Smoking Areas) do you recall how close?

I'm considering a two night stay in a few weeks. A friend who stayed there in the spring said there were construction cranes and noise at the lazy river side due to building Volcano Bay. I assume this is still going on. Better to book one of the Courtyard rooms?

What kind of fire pit are they? I'm allergic to wood burning and smoke. I noticed both fire pits are near the DSA (Designated Smoking Areas) do you recall how close?
They are propane under lava rocks. I'd say the DSA's are 50+ feet away.

I'm considering a two night stay in a few weeks. A friend who stayed there in the spring said there were construction cranes and noise at the lazy river side due to building Volcano Bay. I assume this is still going on. Better to book one of the Courtyard rooms?
We stayed in the last room at the end of the hall right on top of the new parking garage build last week. I have no complaints whatsoever about the construction. Sure you could hear them working, but it is not like they are dropping objects with the cranes. Whirring and shoveling noise was very muffled by the room.

Just got a steal of a price for next year already thanks to Orbitz. And thanks to this thread for helping me choose!

We stayed in the last room at the end of the hall right on top of the new parking garage build last week. I have no complaints whatsoever about the construction. Sure you could hear them working, but it is not like they are dropping objects with the cranes. Whirring and shoveling noise was very muffled by the room.

Thanks. We're still trying to decide on Cabana Bay or Portofino. Both still have good rates available for the last week in September. We're leaning toward CB since we don't expect the parks to be crowded and EPs probably won't be necessary.

Two of the pits are within the lazy river pool fence, so I would say 11pm. The other one off the cafeteria might be able to use 24 hrs. There is a switch like on the hot tub where you can turn on/off. (notice I said 'might')

So I have probably one of the weirder questions - do anyone else know if the fitness facility has a scale in it? I'm taking part in a weight loss challenge that encompasses the time that I'm going to be at CB. Originally, I just figured that I would ask for an exemption for that week, but someone mentioned that most hotel fitness centers have scales. I never thought of it before, but figured that I could ask.

Scanned the thread but I don't think I saw an answer to this one.

Planning on going back early next year. We still have our refillable cups from last time we went. Question is, if we bring them back is it cheaper to get the unlimited refills for the duration of our stay (as opposed to buying new cups)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!