Things I have never done at WDW and am determined to do this time!

So many good ideas! I'm trying to make a list for my solo trip in feb and the family trip in August

Solo includes segway tour in Epcot.
If I woman up enough (via margaritas probably) I'm also trying RnR and ToT. Not sure I'll talk myself into EE due to the drop. I'm not a fan either! I've never done much with the countries except drinks and candy so I plan on actually going through them next trip

Get on a Sea Raycer! :boat: I have been wanting to try one FOREVER but never got to. This will be the trip that I do! :cool1: And get my family to try Beverly! Can't wait to see their faces! :tongue:

My least favorite ride as far as drops are concerned at WDW is Splash Mountain. I have only ridden it a couple of times and it has never been without a fight. I'm scared of heights and I just don't do well with it.

I find this drop worse than any of the coasters as it is a straight drop down - most of the others twist as they go and aren't as bad. and I LOVE coasters but this one gets me everytime :)

Our list of never dones and may dos
Dole Whips - we are from the Uk so not too sure about these
Dumbo
Watercraft rental
Big slides at the water parks
Teacups
Eat in Italy, Mexico and Japan (Epcot)
Sundial - never even heard about it but sounds good
Watch the MK fireworks from the beach of the Polynesian

I'm sure there will be more to add to the list before we get to WDW again.

Shezzy

Last time I was in WDW was in 2005 (well, 2006 if you count Disney Paris), and it was prekids, staying offsite.

So this time, It will almost be like I was going for the first time!

So:
first time with kids
first time onsite
first time with dining plan
first time eating with princesses (I only did CP last time)
first DME

MK:
Tom sayer Island
Tiki Room
Country bear Gymboree
Dumbo
the carpets

Epcot:
talking with crush (just hope they will love it, as they are not english)
Captain EO
Arkesus

DHS:
the toy story thing, if it's not too bad
playhouse disney
Hollywood and wine

AK:
The nemo show
Donald's safari breakfeast.

I have a huge one! This is our third trip to WDW and we've never been to Epcot!!:scared: The first time we went, we did a split trip of WDW and SeaWorld and second trip we opted to do DHS instead of Epcot. So this trip as soon as we leave the airport we will be heading to Epcot! I was scared to go before because I had such little kids and there didn't seem to be a lot for them to do so now that they're a bit older we are going to give it a try!

We also have never had dinner at Cinderella's castle so it's on the list! And of course we'll be visiting BOG! And I wanna ride Mt. Everest and Space Mountain. First time we were there my DD was too short to do any of the rides and I didn't want to ride by myself so I skipped them. Second trip we tried doing Space Mountain but it got shut down while we were in line and just didn't have the time to check back on it. And by the time we got to AK I wasn't feeling up to doing another roller coaster, so those are our most rides this trip! They'll be the first thing we do even we enter MK and AK.

There's so much that we haven't got to yet! It makes me sad we can't fit everything in, but makes me excited to come back and still be able to experience new things! We are very much looking forward to the new FLE and all that will open with it to try!

Even though its quite far away (about 10 months far away) I already know a few things I have yet to do in disney world that hopefully I can accomplish next time!

-Eat a mickey shaped pretzel
-try kaki gori in japan, and school bread in norway
-stay for EMH until the park closes (we normally ended up leaving around 1 AM)
-ride either rockin roller coaster or tower of terror, these are the only 2 thrill rides I have yet to conquor
-stay at bay lake *fingers crossed, legs crossed, everything crossed*
-ride jungle cruise (still cant believe i've never done this one)

Things we accomplished during our last trip to WDW
-explored some shops in epcot (japan and morocco are my favorites, and I wish I had bought a lot more than I did)
-DOLE WHIP!!! all those years we stayed at the polynesian and never even knew it was there...oh well, better late then never
-fell in love with the trams (we never had to take them before)
-had a main street bakery cinnamon roll
-MANGO TEA FROM CHINA <33333 found it while we were in epcot and fell in love!
-first people of the day to ride big thunder
last but not least, and the one I am most proud of, we rode everest. We were seated in the back and scared to death-but i was so glad i conquored my fear and went on it!!!

I can think of several things, since its my Moms first Disney vacation. I can't wait for her to enjoy Disney the way my sister & I do. :)

Some things on this list are already booked.
Going 10/21-10/26:
-Party for the Senses
-MNSSHP
-Mixology Seminars
-Beverage Seminars
-Culinary Seminars
-Sampling of food/drinks
-Mini Golf (been trying to do this one for the past two years)
-Play at the arcade
-Stay at AoA
-Ride on the headliners
-Hang out by the pool

Those are the main things. I am looking forward mostly to my Mom's reactions. :)

New things to try this trip:

1900 Park Fare
DD's silhouette (thanks for the suggestion!)
Explore 2 countries fully in Epcot (see everything there is in that country instead of just breezing through)
Great Movie Ride
Visit AKL
Eat around the world (or at least part of the way around! not sure I can stomach all the way around)

Must do's for future trips:
Venture out and stay at a different resort (have only stayed at WL)
Ride EE (don't think I can get DD7 on it this year)
Eat at BOG (might try this trip but thinking it will be way too crowded)

My youngest son is taking French and I am going to make him ask for dessert at the Boulangerie Patisserie in French.

That's a great idea. If I might suggest something else for him and your whole family to do while at Epcot that we do? I always ask the cast members from other countries a few questions:

• Where are you from in Canada/UK/ France/..etc?
  • What do you miss most about home?
  • What do you like best about the US?

These 3 questions have helped us learn so much more about their countries and their customs and food. It is also nice to watch the younger cast members faces light up when asked to talk about their home, family, likes, dislikes. Use the answers the cast member gives to ask more questions. I love hearing about their home and it usually seems like I leave the cast members with a smile too. ::yes::

Also, something to do when you go is to chat with your TS servers. Ask questions about the wines, dishes, suggestions etc. engage them in conversation and you can learn so much! For our 20th anniversary, DH and I splurged on a dinner at Queen Victoria's Table with the wine pairing. During various courses Israel, the Head Waiter (forget PC term), would serve us and explain the wine, the course, the pairing and any interesting trivia about the course. We were so fascinated with his wealth of knowledge and his cheery disposition we kept peppering him with question through every course we could. We kept apologizing for taking up his time but he told us to not apologize, a guest that takes an interest in the cast member and engages them and asks them questions is a joy to them and they very much look forward to and enjoy that. We had the same experience with Amelia(?) in the Grand View Tea Room. We learned she is a tea master and was VERY knowledgeable about teas and was quite patient answering our question and even made a custom brew for each of us based on our tastes. :lovestruc:wizard:

Long story short, the BEST thing you can do on any Disney trip is talk to the CMs! They are the best hidden jewels of all!

New things to try this trip:

1900 Park Fare
DD's silhouette (thanks for the suggestion!)
Explore 2 countries fully in Epcot (see everything there is in that country instead of just breezing through)
Great Movie Ride
Visit AKL
Eat around the world (or at least part of the way around! not sure I can stomach all the way around)

Must do's for future trips:
Venture out and stay at a different resort (have only stayed at WL)
Ride EE (don't think I can get DD7 on it this year)
Eat at BOG (might try this trip but thinking it will be way too crowded)

maybe I'm just too tired to think right now, but what is BOG? :confused3

If you have never looked for paint brushes on Tom Sawyer's Island, it's a must! A great challenge and an exciting reward when you find one! Get there at 10am, right when it opens to get one, there's only so many hid a day! Good luck! and have fun!

One thing that I really want to do is behind the scenes tour!

I heard that they don't do the paintbrushes anymore.

We were at WDW in Nov. for our first time and did the paint brush hunt with our son, it was a wonderful memory & we were lucky enough to find a paint brush I hope they continue this hunt. We are long time Disneyland pass holders and wish they would do that here. Have a wonderful trip.

In Order:

1. See the inside (not photo's) of the Cinderella Castle Suite. I don't need to stay there as I know that will never happen, but I would like to see it. A friend of mine had an amazing CM with the power to do so, show him and his wife the suite during XM hours at MK about 6 years ago....I wish. They didn't ask, the CM just walked up to them and said "want to see something special?"

2. Go during Christmas season (but not on Christmas) and see the lights and decorations. This one will be hard for us as we are pulled many directions to different family events during this time.

3. Go during my second favorite holliday, Halloween. Again, hard for us to do because we are both teachers, but on my "short" list.

4. Get chosen to be on stage for Indiana Jones...I am 0-4 now.

5. Flag Family at Wilderness Lodge.

6. Stay in the "Presidential Suite" at the GF (pipe dream unless we hit the lottery and it is not booked by some celebrity).

7. Eat at Victoria and Alberts (again, cost).

8. And my "odd" goal for one trip....be the FIRST to enter MK one day AND...be the LASt to leave (yes, I can go backk to my room during the day, but be the first and last "guest"). Just something fun to say I was.

Sparrow624 said:
In Order:

1. See the inside (not photo's) of the Cinderella Castle Suite. I don't need to stay there as I know that will never happen, but I would like to see it. A friend of mine had an amazing CM with the power to do so, show him and his wife the suite during XM hours at MK about 6 years ago....I wish. They didn't ask, the CM just walked up to them and said "want to see something special?"

Lol. Disney truly is a special, unique world! In New York City, if someone walks up to me and says "want to see something special" I pick up the pace and just keep walking! There's a decent chance they want to lead me up a flight of stairs, too but I hurry, don't make eye contact, and just keep walking. I don't need a new "prada" purse that badly... But... Oh!... Cinderella's suite!

Lol. Disney truly is a special, unique world! In New York City, if someone walks up to me and says "want to see something special" I pick up the pace and just keep walking! There's a decent chance they want to lead me up a flight of stairs, too but I hurry, don't make eye contact, and just keep walking. I don't need a new "prada" purse that badly... But... Oh!... Cinderella's suite!

Too funny. I agree, heck, if someone in Durham, NC (where I live) were to ask me that I think I would have the same response as you!

As for my friends, they were together, walking behind the castle and this person was CLEARLY a female CM walking out of the castle and up to them. I can see how that is funny though. :lmao:

I am just hoping to be able to cross something off of my above list on this summer's trip...we'll see...I am leaning towards "flag family" or 1st to enter/last to leave.

Mine is a simple one, but I have really wanted to see "Impressions de France" for a long time now. Nobody in my group is ever interested! I plan on making it the mission of our next trip.

Next, is convincing my family to visit the actual country of France, but one battle at a time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter