Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by HypKris, Apr 29, 2007.

1. DVCajun

DVCajun <font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong

Wow. Ya just can't educate the masses I suppose. :rotfl:

HINT: if you want to subscribe to a thread, you open said thread and click on the button at the beginning of the thread that says "thread tools." There you will find an option to "subscribe" to the thread. Click that option and you're subscribed! That saves you the trouble of making a new post on the thread with the pointless word "subbing" and saves the rest of us the trouble of happily looking forward to a supposed "update" to the thread only to find your "subbing" post. Cuz, once you subscribe, you're then notified of all of the other future posts of "subbing," which can get a bit .... um, how to say this politely? :confused3 Ok, it can get annoying. Ok? :wizard:

But, as I've seen this same educational sequence played out on other popular threads to no avail (i.e. responses such as "do what on purpose? :confused3 ) I suppose I've just wasted even more of my time.

Nevermind. :rolleyes1

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nemofans

nemofans DIS Veteran

subbing...

4. nemofans

nemofans DIS Veteran

Just thought it would be funny after DVCajun's post!
    Anyway, some of these ideas I already know, but some I would love to do. It's always hard to find the thread later when you need it. Next time we go, DS will be almost 5 & I want to plan something different for him. Maybe the pirate cruise or baking cookies at Epcot???

5. TinaLampus

TinaLampus Happily Planning Our Next Trip!!

There are currently 190,181 members on this forum. All of them have come here for one shared purpose --> their love of Disney. I highly doubt everyone, myself included, knew (until now, thank you DVCajan) how to "subscribe" without replying.

Separately, there is no need to make anyone feel stupid or unwelcome, by broadcasting to the entire forum how "annoying" it is with someone simply typing "subscribing" on a thread.

However annoying "subscribing" might be, all that is needed is a polite private message giving direction alerting others that there is a better way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, to stay on track with the theme of this thread --> Here's something that is available at Disney, that I have found helpful in the past. If you are traveling to Walt Disney World for a special occasion you can have the Disney Florist have a bouquet or gift basket prepared and sent to your room. You can find information on the web at www.disneyflorist.com

Another tip --> Again, if you are celebrating a special occasion, Disney also offers a service where they will send someone to your room to do your hair and make-up. I have not used this service since my wedding in 2001 so I am assuming that it still exists.

6. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
    thank you

7. Donald is #1

Donald is #1 DIS Veteran

Sorry, but I think that I read on this forum a few months ago that the baking of cookies at Epcot had been discontinued.

8. Dcanoli

Dcanoli DIS Veteran

Sorry for hijacking the thread! My bad; it was not my intention on making anyone feel stupid.

Honestly, I was just playing around with Eeyore! :goodvibes

I just thought it was funny she "subbed" right after the original message!

Okay, back to the thread! Again, my apologies!

Deb

9. GrillMouster

GrillMouster Mouster of the Grill

You're absolutely correct. I apologize to anyone that may have felt belittled. I'll edit the offending post. Thanks for calling me to task. :)

10. JRDMAN

JRDMAN Mouseketeer

:surfweb:
    You Go Girl!!!:banana:
    If I were you, I'd get a dozen B/day pins and wear them all at the same time. If someone has an issue with it, give them one of your pins and invite them to join you in celebrating :woohoo:
    My B/day happens to be the day after Xmas. Needless to say, I've never been able to have an appropriate celebration on that date. So, anytime I've been fortunate to be at The World...that becomes my B/day and I wear my pin proudly! :cool1:

11. Seewhatimesdone

Seewhatimesdone <font color=green>Every thread should have a <marq

I don't know if this really counts but it's kind of a cool thing to do. If you are expecting a baby it would be a great idea to get a pair of "baby's first mickey ears" before they were born (if you know the sex you can be more specific with the colors) and if you already know what you're going to name them they can embroider it on the back! I've seen people doing this before and it always seemed really sweet.

12. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

You're right, unfortunately it is no longer, the area is now extra seating for Sunshine Seasons CS restaurant. My DD has LOVED making cookies at Epcot just as much as the rides and attractions. She was very disappointed to hear it had been discontinued.

13. 3smithboys

3smithboys DIS Veteran

I am so sad to hear about the disappearance of cookie making at Epcot. I'll have to take that off of my things to do list.

14. Kalamazoo Dutchman

Kalamazoo Dutchman Big Kid at Heart

15. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

16. mtmbyck

mtmbyck I AM Canadian eh!

Spend the money to rent a boat with a captain - usually the party barges - we rent at POLY ....

The captain is a CM that has all kinds of neat pieces of information that are not known to many guests...

For example, he told us there is a wave machine at the bottom of the 7 seas lagoon but that when they tried it, it eroded the beaches so they turned it off never to be used again - but it's still there.....

Also, March 2008 my DD was picked to take part in a "trash pick up" at Typhoon Lagoon. The grounds CM's had little plastic fishes that kids had to pick up using the trach claws and they raced to put them in buckets. At the end, they received a certificate and they got to keep a fish each....

Many of the resorts with beaches have bon fires and movies on the beach....I only just learned this so I plan on catching one next year!

17. ajcolorado

ajcolorado <font color=deeppink>lots of pokey crumbs in my cl

I removed some things (plastic robot, adventurer's club etc.) that no longer exist.

Here are a couple of additions:

Bob Jackson &#8211; a piano player - does a family friendly show at the Port Orleans Riverside resort in the River Roost lounge. There are sing-alongs, boogie-woogie and ragtime music. You can see his schedule at: http://yehaabob.com/Page5.asp

The Beach Club resort & All-Star Music resort now offer poolside movies in the evening. See: http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-outdoormovie.html

Campfire on de&#8217; Bayou &#8211; Disney&#8217;s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Enjoy a special storytime and campfire Sing-Along near Port Orleans Riverside&#8217;s Ol&#8221; Man Island Fishin&#8217; Hole . This special event is only offered on Thursday & Sunday nights from 6:30 &#8211; 8:00PM from Oct. 31, 2008-March 2009. Cost: free. S&#8217;mores kits can be purchased for $7.00. No reservations required.

18. Joolish1313

Joolish1313 DIS Veteran

Thank you! That's awesome!

19. HypKris

HypKris Disney Lover- First word was, "Micka Mouse"

First, THANK YOU to ajcolorado for updating the list. I was actually going to find some time this weekend to do it myself. :thanks:

Second, It's been over a year since I first started this topic, and I can't believe how mush it has taken off! There are SO MANY GREAT ideas on there. Without the help of our DisBoards-ers it would have never happened! So THANK YOU to everyone who has submitted!

Kris

20. matt&jakesmom

matt&jakesmom DIS Veteran

FYI-We were there at the end of August and in MK at Pinocchio's there is no longer the milkshake. Needless to say we were bummed because we were looking forward to that and it was a great way to use a snack credit.

21. eeyoresnr

eeyoresnr DIS Veteran

is it possible that they just took it off the menu during "free dining"? I've heard they do this with certain items...maybe somebody can verify if it is back on the menu