• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

This is so awesome Loree!!! I am so glad that another program is working better for you! I love all of the suggestions I get here, everyone is so helpful! I know you can achieve your goal!!! Are we still planning to do RunDisney in 2017? I hope so!!! I have lofty dreams of doing a half-marathon. I am not sure I will ever want to do a full marathon, but I think I could do a half. ::yes::

Hi D~!
Wrong Tink but bonus points for spelling my name right! Lol! Not sure how you keep everyone's names/Dis names straight, especially when we don't post that often.

Funny thing is that I have been thinking about looking for a new training plan because I haven't been feeling it lately. It just hasn't been offering me anything to push through this wall I seem to have come up against. I will have to look into some of the different ones suggested here and see if something works for me.

I am still on for doing RunDisney in 2017! Half marathon! Eeeekkkk! Right now that scares me, but I'll get my brain around it and do it. I will also need to increase my pace so as to not get swept from the race. DH is on board too. He thinks it would be awesome to run in Disney. We need to figure out which race we want to do and when registration opens as it looks like these fill up quickly! I might get some time to research that this weekend.

I had planned on doing another 5K in October and DH was going to do the 10K. I halfway tossed around doing the 10K instead, but think I will stick to the 5K and look at doing a 10K in the spring. Gotta have a goal to work towards, right?

Also have to say, good job on your runs! You are doing really well. Keep up the great work. And I really love the pictures you have taken of the new trails you found. I need to find a different place to run during the winter as our neighbourhood is okay in the summer months, but 3/4 of my route doesn't have sidewalks and it is dangerous enough walking Buffy around the neighbourhood during the winter.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. The new trail sounds really nice.
We went down to the National park yesterday and walked from the visitors center to on of the locks on the old canal. It's about a 4 mile hike round trip. It wasn't the most interest hike I've ever taken. It trail is nice and flat with no hills or winding turns. We did find the ruins of an old paper mill that was tore down. We usually hike along the river toward the next town but we wanted to try a different trail. Afterwards, we went to Rockney's for dinner. I had a turkey club and my daughter had a Philly steak. They have the best fries. My daughter fell in love with Rockney's when she was at Kent State. Her husband stayed home. He'd work 6 days straight. When she got home, her mother-in-law was visiting and told her that we were crazy for walking 4 miles. That's nothing at work I walk between 5 and 7 miles a day.
the kittens are doing great. Jack is sitting on the couch with me right, now. Salem is off playing. They're never too far apart.
Today is another work day for me..
Liz
Have a good day

Sounds like you had a good weekend. The new trail you found sounds really nice.

You asked some days ago if I know why my head aches are better now. My guess is that it's not that bad because I'm not really doing much with my arms and hands during the day. We are driving and I'm being pushed in my wheelchair.

Today has been a fun day. We visited Crazy Horse Memorial. It was cool to learn about the making of the monument and that they have already been working on it for 70 years and according to some experienced engineers it will take 50-60 more years to get it finished.
After spending a few hours there we went to Mount Rushmore. I visited Mount Rushmore in 1985 (30 years ago). From what I remember we were much father from the mountain 30 years ago looking up at the presidents than I was today. So I had to ask at the visitor center if the Grand View Terrace was there 30 years ago. Everything from where the parking lot is today and towards the mountain was opened in 1994. So back in 1985 we had a view from the Parking lot. That explains why I remember the faces in the mountain being much smaller and that we had to use binoculars to get a good look of the mountain.

Wrong Tink but bonus points for spelling my name right! Lol! Not sure how you keep everyone's names/Dis names straight, especially when we don't post that often.

This has always amazed me about her! When I do a PTR/TR, I always start out making a list as people post and introduce themselves. But by the third post or so.....I give up. I remember saying to myself "ugh, D would know exactly who this is..." ;)

Morning D!
I've been slacking again.....no excuses, just haven't logged in for a while.
Your neighbors puppies are adorable! Bill and Bradey are gearing up for another "let's get a dog" push. To be honest....with all the break ins around here lately, and Bill back on a night schedule with work.....I hate being alone at night. So I'm actually thinking about it. I'd like a nice German Shepard or Rottie.....maybe a couple Dobies??? LOL
Seriously though, I would kinda like something that would warn me when someone tries to come in. Something tells me Molly won't be much help ;)

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Hi Mo! Love you!

Hi D~!

Funny thing is that I have been thinking about looking for a new training plan because I haven't been feeling it lately. It just hasn't been offering me anything to push through this wall I seem to have come up against. I will have to look into some of the different ones suggested here and see if something works for me.

I am still on for doing RunDisney in 2017! Half marathon! Eeeekkkk! Right now that scares me, but I'll get my brain around it and do it. I will also need to increase my pace so as to not get swept from the race. DH is on board too. He thinks it would be awesome to run in Disney. We need to figure out which race we want to do and when registration opens as it looks like these fill up quickly! I might get some time to research that this weekend.

I had planned on doing another 5K in October and DH was going to do the 10K. I halfway tossed around doing the 10K instead, but think I will stick to the 5K and look at doing a 10K in the spring. Gotta have a goal to work towards, right?

Also have to say, good job on your runs! You are doing really well. Keep up the great work. And I really love the pictures you have taken of the new trails you found. I need to find a different place to run during the winter as our neighbourhood is okay in the summer months, but 3/4 of my route doesn't have sidewalks and it is dangerous enough walking Buffy around the neighbourhood during the winter.

Ack!!! That is so embarassing! I do my very best to remember everyone - but I guess I am not as good at it as I think I am. Glad all of you can keep yourselves straight. ::yes::

I think we will be perfect companions for this race... I am hoping for a better pace than what I have now, but no promises... I just don't want to get swept, and right now - I probably would be. LOL Well, technically, right now, I'd be dead on the ground at mile 4. ::yes::

Yes, we need to figure out which race to do... At this time, there only appears to be 3 halfs next year... Jan, May and Nov. From the little I have read... Jan seems to be the more serious one... The Princess Marathon in May seems to be the one which has more first timers (so that might be a really good fit for us?), but the Nov Wine n' Dine looks like it would be a lot of fun too. So, that's my vote... I am happy to do any of them that you guys want to do - and I think it would be awesome if your DH ran with us... but he has long legs (if I remember correctly), so I am sure he'll pass us by pretty easily. :thumbsup2

I think that's a good goal. I am doing the 5k in Sept... And that one lines up perfectly with my training plan. I am actually planning on counting that 5k as my long run for the week - since it falls on the proper day and it's also the exact length I need that week. I am a little nervous about doing the 8k in Nov though - I am concerned that's considered pushing myself too far. I'll see when it gets closer and how I do with the 5k.

Yes, be careful running on those roads... I road I like to run on near home is so dangerous - the more I run on it, the more I don't feel safe - which has led to my trail finding. Search local towns, I was surprised at how many were near me. You are doing great Loree!

Sounds like you had a great weekend. The new trail sounds really nice.
We went down to the National park yesterday and walked from the visitors center to on of the locks on the old canal. It's about a 4 mile hike round trip. It wasn't the most interest hike I've ever taken. It trail is nice and flat with no hills or winding turns. We did find the ruins of an old paper mill that was tore down. We usually hike along the river toward the next town but we wanted to try a different trail. Afterwards, we went to Rockney's for dinner. I had a turkey club and my daughter had a Philly steak. They have the best fries. My daughter fell in love with Rockney's when she was at Kent State. Her husband stayed home. He'd work 6 days straight. When she got home, her mother-in-law was visiting and told her that we were crazy for walking 4 miles. That's nothing at work I walk between 5 and 7 miles a day.
the kittens are doing great. Jack is sitting on the couch with me right, now. Salem is off playing. They're never too far apart.
Today is another work day for me..
Liz
Have a good day

Good morning Liz! Oooh that sounds like a fun and great park to explore! Mmm... And the food sounds delicious too! I am a bit hungry this morning. ::yes::

Glad to hear the kitties are doing well. So sweet.

Thank you, the same to you! :hug:

Sounds like you had a good weekend. The new trail you found sounds really nice.

You asked some days ago if I know why my head aches are better now. My guess is that it's not that bad because I'm not really doing much with my arms and hands during the day. We are driving and I'm being pushed in my wheelchair.

Today has been a fun day. We visited Crazy Horse Memorial. It was cool to learn about the making of the monument and that they have already been working on it for 70 years and according to some experienced engineers it will take 50-60 more years to get it finished.
After spending a few hours there we went to Mount Rushmore. I visited Mount Rushmore in 1985 (30 years ago). From what I remember we were much father from the mountain 30 years ago looking up at the presidents than I was today. So I had to ask at the visitor center if the Grand View Terrace was there 30 years ago. Everything from where the parking lot is today and towards the mountain was opened in 1994. So back in 1985 we had a view from the Parking lot. That explains why I remember the faces in the mountain being much smaller and that we had to use binoculars to get a good look of the mountain.

Lillian!! I am just loving these posts... I am tracking you across the US! This is so cool! YOu are seeing so many places and things I have never seen before - though I want to.

That is so interesting about Mt. Rushmore and that you'd remember the distance like that... I am glad they've opened it up closer though, I think - as a kid - it would be kind of disappointing to get there and have it be so far away.

It sounds like your trip is going great so far! I can't believe how close you are getting to me! Oh - I need to send you a PM... I need to adjust our meeting time by just a little. :) If I don't remember to do that - I am just wondering if we can meet about 30 min earlier? BFF wants to come with me, but she needs to leave the MOA by 1:15, and I want to make sure we have enough time. :thumbsup2

This has always amazed me about her! When I do a PTR/TR, I always start out making a list as people post and introduce themselves. But by the third post or so.....I give up. I remember saying to myself "ugh, D would know exactly who this is..."

Morning D!
I've been slacking again.....no excuses, just haven't logged in for a while.
Your neighbors puppies are adorable! Bill and Bradey are gearing up for another "let's get a dog" push. To be honest....with all the break ins around here lately, and Bill back on a night schedule with work.....I hate being alone at night. So I'm actually thinking about it. I'd like a nice German Shepard or Rottie.....maybe a couple Dobies??? LOL
Seriously though, I would kinda like something that would warn me when someone tries to come in. Something tells me Molly won't be much help

Hope you have a fantastic day!

Hahaha... I am soooo bad at remembering everyone... And I always feel so badly if I get someone wrong. I know I've said it before - but I've always wanted to take notes on usernames/real names, but I never have - I just thought it was too creepy. So, I haven't done it yet. I try so hard to remember everyone, but then it's so embarassing (like yesterday) when I confuse someone. Oh well... At least I try. LOL :scratchin

No worries my friend - life has been crazy everywhere - tis the season. ::yes::

I think it would be smart for you to get a dog - all of those are such good breeds. It's so nice to have Cooper around... MM is just the friendliest guy to everyone... But even though Cooper is a puppy - he is SOOOO protective, I think strangers should be scared of our house now. Before Cooper - you'd probably never even know we had a dog. LOL But I do feel much safer now.

Thank you - you too!

*****************************************************************************************

Just a super quick check in... Today is a Target day for me.

So, I called the Dr. yesterday to make an appt. for my dizziness... As it turns out this is a pretty serious symptom to make an appointment about. I guess, healthy people aren't supposed to have dizzy spells? :scratchin Anyways, I had to talk to the triage nurse to make sure I wasn't supposed to go to the ER... Thankfully she didn't make me - that would have been really embarassing - IMO. However, she did make room for me in yesterday's schedule to be seen - not by my Dr., but by a different Dr. This Dr. was very nice, and really took my symptoms seriously - I honestly didn't think this was such a big deal. After examining me and asking me a bunch of questions, she decided to run a bunch of bloodwork (which we all know I love...) Hopefully this bloodwork will give us some sort of clue to what is going on. They did a CBC on me, checked my iron levels and also my thyroid... I don't have any of these results back yet - hopefully today. If all of these come back OK and I contiue to have this issue - they will then move on to monitoring my heart to see if there is anything going on there. But according to both my Dr. and this Dr. - I am in absolutely perfect health, and anything wrong with my heart would be pretty shocking. So, we'll see. I woke with a pretty severe headache again this morning... This happened to me once in my life before - when the girls were little... It took 2 MRIs and an EEG to determine that I had a sinus infection... So, I am starting to wonder if that might not be the culprit? If I am fighting an infection, the bloodwork should sift that out.

OK enough with medical stuff.

I plan to work out this morning. Technically it's a heavy lifting day, but I woke late... So I think I am going to swap work outs with tomorrow's work out, so I am not rushing so much today. The Dr. said I can continue to work out as I have been, but to just be really aware of my hydration levels, as that could be a contributing factor, as well.

Then it's off to Target for the day. Sigh.

Not sure what's for dinner?

Sorry to be such a bore with medical stuff today... but I thought you all might want to know what's going on. :)

I hope you all have a great day! Prayers and pixie dust go out to everyone! :grouphug:

D~

When you mentioned the dizziness, I immediately wondered if it might be sinus -- I should have said something yesterday!! My Dad has ended up in the ER twice in the last few years because of sinus infections (diagnosed once they did the CT scan and the MRI) -- the first time he presented with dizziness, and the last one was sudden, temporary memory loss. Talk about scary!!! Anyway, once they figured out it was a sinus infection they put him on antibiotics and decongestants and it cleared up very quickly. Some people don't manifest the usual sinus infection symptoms -- so it's highly possible that that's what's going on. I'm glad they're taking it seriously, though, and are working to get to the bottom of it. I hope it resolves quickly!!

Isn't the princess 1/2 marathon in February. I know that was the one I was training for 5 years ago before I stopped running. Maybe if you ladies are serious, I'll start to train again and join you at a Disney 1/2 marathon. I need an end goal to keep me focused. Not to mention more hours in each day.

I'm with the others here with the culprit of your dizziness being sinus issues. I have times in the morning when I will wake up and can barely walk straight when I get out of bed. I know it is most likely due to sinus issues, even though I never feel like I'm THAT congested. It seems to only happen in the mornings when I get out of bed and it's rare...but scary!

Having to keep so many people straight is a good problem to have!! It means you have a lot of DIS friends. I'm the Tink a.k.a Niki who sent V a bunch of crochet patterns and your Dad a blanket a few years back. Is V still crocheting!! I was throwing around the idea about doing the Wine and Dine Half next year. Let me know if you decide to get a group together! Have a great Target Day!!!

:wave2: just stopping in. I am keeping up, but my work schedule keeps me too busy to stay on.
Glad you went to the doctor for the dizziness. Hope that it is a simple fix and nothing serious.
I completely understand your feelings about Alli and her senior year. I had the same thing. I cried most of the school year. It was upsetting knowing my baby grew up way too fast.
She starts her third year of college in a week! Where is the time going???
Hope you had a great day at Target!!

I'd go with either not fueling up enough before your runs or the sinuses. I spent about 45% of high school slightly dizzy because of a mixture of sinuses, poor diet and sleep deprivation. Teenager, you know. Teen in the arts - even worse - late night rehearsals and up to be at school about 8.

I get a kick out of your run pictures - you're wearing a jacket. We're still in the 90s here. -well, not today, but this is the first day in just over a week that hasn't been outrageously humid and hot and we're supposed to be back up there this weekend.

Gotta run - great seeing y'all!

I'm not sorry you have been having dizzy spells and hope that you get some answers very soon and that it is just the start of a sinus infection.

Isn't the princess 1/2 marathon in February?

Yeah, Princess is in mid-February and Tink is the one in May (at DL). Today they just announced a new race for April in WDW, Star Wars Half Marathon - The Dark Side, so keep that one in mind if you are a SW fan. :)

Take care of yourself, D~! I hope the tests come back soon and with nothing serious to worry about. :goodvibes

Ack!!! That is so embarassing! I do my very best to remember everyone - but I guess I am not as good at it as I think I am. Glad all of you can keep yourselves straight. ::yes::
No worries from my end! I just happened to notice my name and half thought to myself that I must have posted a reply that I didn't remember. Lol!

I think we will be perfect companions for this race... I am hoping for a better pace than what I have now, but no promises... I just don't want to get swept, and right now - I probably would be. LOL Well, technically, right now, I'd be dead on the ground at mile 4. ::yes::
Running pace wise, you are not that much slower than me. Sweeping pace is 16:00 if I remember correctly, and they recommend being closer to 15:00. So you are right around there from what you've posted.

Yes, we need to figure out which race to do... At this time, there only appears to be 3 halfs next year... Jan, May and Nov. From the little I have read... Jan seems to be the more serious one... The Princess Marathon in May seems to be the one which has more first timers (so that might be a really good fit for us?), but the Nov Wine n' Dine looks like it would be a lot of fun too. So, that's my vote... I am happy to do any of them that you guys want to do - and I think it would be awesome if your DH ran with us... but he has long legs (if I remember correctly), so I am sure he'll pass us by pretty easily. :thumbsup2
Apparently someone else in my family is excited about running at Disney. DH just sent me a link to runDisney that shows all the events this year. There are half-marathons in January, February, April and November in WDW. Disneyland has them in January, May, September and November. January is the Marathon Weekend, February is the Princess Half, April is Star Wars Half and November is Wine & Dine Half. The 2016 Star Wars Half opens in September, so it looks like they open about 6.5 months ahead of the race. I agree with you about the Princess Half looking like it has more first time runners and would be good for us. And I've always wanted to go to Disney for Food & Wine, so November would be a good choice too. Plus November 2016 would give me lots of time to prepare, mentally and physically, for a half marathon!

And don't worry about DH's longer legs, he'd probably just tootle off on his own anyway. We don't run together right now. I'm too slow for him, LOL! I'll have to see if DS will want to come too. And if you think DH's legs were long, wait until you see DS! He is taller than DH and still hasn't stopped growing. I am not looking forward to buying pants for him this fall/winter, nothing in the stores he likes was long enough for him earlier this spring and he has grown since then. I have a feeling I will be doing lots of online shopping for his clothes this year.

Of course, because I said I was aiming to do a 10K in the spring, DH thinks we should seriously consider the Star Wars 10K next April. I just about fell over! I can't wait to see if this becomes a reality!

I hope the dizziness isn't anything serious.

We are coming to Minnesota earlier than planned. Therefor we have some time to kill there. So are there anything we must see in Minnesota?
I haven't received any PM from you yet D~

Tomorrow we are driving from Pierre, South Dakota to Minot, North Dakota. We today we lost yet another hour without knowing it until we came back to our motel after having dinner at 5PM. We arrived at our destination early today because we wanted to have time to wash our clothes.

We still aren't quite used to the large portions of food we get here and the large drinks. So now we share a sandwich for lunch and we always order the smallest possible drink. We are also getting tired of eating hamburgers.

When you mentioned the dizziness, I immediately wondered if it might be sinus -- I should have said something yesterday!! My Dad has ended up in the ER twice in the last few years because of sinus infections (diagnosed once they did the CT scan and the MRI) -- the first time he presented with dizziness, and the last one was sudden, temporary memory loss. Talk about scary!!! Anyway, once they figured out it was a sinus infection they put him on antibiotics and decongestants and it cleared up very quickly. Some people don't manifest the usual sinus infection symptoms -- so it's highly possible that that's what's going on. I'm glad they're taking it seriously, though, and are working to get to the bottom of it. I hope it resolves quickly!!

I thought for sure it was my sinuses too... but it doesn't appear to be. It's quite strange. I really appreciate you mentioning it though - I always get my best advice from the Dis. :thumbsup2 I'll do an update below.

Isn't the princess 1/2 marathon in February. I know that was the one I was training for 5 years ago before I stopped running. Maybe if you ladies are serious, I'll start to train again and join you at a Disney 1/2 marathon. I need an end goal to keep me focused. Not to mention more hours in each day.

You all are right - I was confusing the Princess with the DL race.

I am serious about doing a race in 2017... and I would love to have any and all join us - it would be so much fun! Hahaha... I could use a few more hours, as well. :thumbsup2

I'm with the others here with the culprit of your dizziness being sinus issues. I have times in the morning when I will wake up and can barely walk straight when I get out of bed. I know it is most likely due to sinus issues, even though I never feel like I'm THAT congested. It seems to only happen in the mornings when I get out of bed and it's rare...but scary!

It is possible that it's still sinus related, but I will do an update below about my results. Mine also seems to be morning related, but mine lasts a good portion of the day.

Having to keep so many people straight is a good problem to have!! It means you have a lot of DIS friends. I'm the Tink a.k.a Niki who sent V a bunch of crochet patterns and your Dad a blanket a few years back. Is V still crocheting!! I was throwing around the idea about doing the Wine and Dine Half next year. Let me know if you decide to get a group together! Have a great Target Day!!!

Oh Niki... I am so sorry... I knew who you were, but after I mistook you for Loree - I couldn't think of your first name. Thank you so much for the reminder. :lovestruc

Victoria is still crocheting - intermittantly - she is working on a baby blanket right now for Myrthe and Brian's new baby GIRL. :woohoo:

Oooh - the Wine and Dine does sound fun too... and depending on my dates, my AP might still be valid at that point. :scratchin

just stopping in. I am keeping up, but my work schedule keeps me too busy to stay on.
Glad you went to the doctor for the dizziness. Hope that it is a simple fix and nothing serious.
I completely understand your feelings about Alli and her senior year. I had the same thing. I cried most of the school year. It was upsetting knowing my baby grew up way too fast.
She starts her third year of college in a week! Where is the time going???
Hope you had a great day at Target!!

Hi Lynee! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Me too, but now I am a little frustrated... I'll do a quick update below.

It's so hard... I am going to miss these girls terribly when they move on... I desperately hope that one of them decides to stay a little local. It doesn't appear to be that way though.

I hope dd has a great year at college this year - is she all settled in?

Thanks! I hope you had a great day too!

I'd go with either not fueling up enough before your runs or the sinuses. I spent about 45% of high school slightly dizzy because of a mixture of sinuses, poor diet and sleep deprivation. Teenager, you know. Teen in the arts - even worse - late night rehearsals and up to be at school about 8.

I get a kick out of your run pictures - you're wearing a jacket. We're still in the 90s here. -well, not today, but this is the first day in just over a week that hasn't been outrageously humid and hot and we're supposed to be back up there this weekend.

Gotta run - great seeing y'all!

Ruth! Hello there my friend! I hope you are well.

That makes sense... Mine could still be my sinuses - but I'll do an update below.

Hahaha... Normally it's soooo hot here in August - but the last, um, maybe 5 or 6 days has been incredibly fall/October-like... Chilly enough for jeans and a sweatshirt on most days. I am a little sad about it, and hope this doesn't mean an early/long winter. The only upside to that scenerio - is that I have TWO Disney trips planned this winter, so if it's going to be a long winter, this is a good one to be long. ::yes::

Thanks for stopping by - I am always happy to see you!

I'm not sorry you have been having dizzy spells and hope that you get some answers very soon and that it is just the start of a sinus infection.

Hi Kathy - I hope so too... but I am not sure anymore? Thanks for stopping by - it's great to see you!

Good luck with everything and keep us posted! I'm thinking about you and hoping for good health!

Thank you so much! I'll do an update below.

Yeah, Princess is in mid-February and Tink is the one in May (at DL). Today they just announced a new race for April in WDW, Star Wars Half Marathon - The Dark Side, so keep that one in mind if you are a SW fan. :)

Take care of yourself, D~! I hope the tests come back soon and with nothing serious to worry about.

Yah - I just confused all of the races... LOL Sometimes I am a nut. :scratchin

I will - thank you. I am sure we will have answers eventually - just not with these tests. Sigh. I'll do a test update below.

No worries from my end! I just happened to notice my name and half thought to myself that I must have posted a reply that I didn't remember. Lol!

Running pace wise, you are not that much slower than me. Sweeping pace is 16:00 if I remember correctly, and they recommend being closer to 15:00. So you are right around there from what you've posted.

Apparently someone else in my family is excited about running at Disney. DH just sent me a link to runDisney that shows all the events this year. There are half-marathons in January, February, April and November in WDW. Disneyland has them in January, May, September and November. January is the Marathon Weekend, February is the Princess Half, April is Star Wars Half and November is Wine & Dine Half. The 2016 Star Wars Half opens in September, so it looks like they open about 6.5 months ahead of the race. I agree with you about the Princess Half looking like it has more first time runners and would be good for us. And I've always wanted to go to Disney for Food & Wine, so November would be a good choice too. Plus November 2016 would give me lots of time to prepare, mentally and physically, for a half marathon!

And don't worry about DH's longer legs, he'd probably just tootle off on his own anyway. We don't run together right now. I'm too slow for him, LOL! I'll have to see if DS will want to come too. And if you think DH's legs were long, wait until you see DS! He is taller than DH and still hasn't stopped growing. I am not looking forward to buying pants for him this fall/winter, nothing in the stores he likes was long enough for him earlier this spring and he has grown since then. I have a feeling I will be doing lots of online shopping for his clothes this year.

Of course, because I said I was aiming to do a 10K in the spring, DH thinks we should seriously consider the Star Wars 10K next April. I just about fell over! I can't wait to see if this becomes a reality!

Hahahha.... Yah - sometimes I just make a fool out of myself, no biggie. ::yes::

Yup - sweeping pace is 16... I've been running at about 15.5 the last week or two... Yesterday's run (which I am posting below) doesn't count. LOL

I would not be opposed to Wine and Dine 2016... Depending on my dates, it's entirely possible that my AP will still be valid. :woohoo: I'll have to look into it more.

Hahaha... OK - as long as he doesn't mind ditching us, I don't mind if he does. ::yes::

I know - I cannot believe my girls are still growing too... It's frustrating... They can both stop at any time. The only good thing right now, is that V and I can share most of our clothes... Although - then that means half of mine are always in her room. :scratchin

That would be SOOOO Much fun! All of these races would be a blast and I would enjoy doing any of them, quite honestly... I wish they weren't so expensive!

I hope the dizziness isn't anything serious.

We are coming to Minnesota earlier than planned. Therefor we have some time to kill there. So are there anything we must see in Minnesota?
I haven't received any PM from you yet D~

Tomorrow we are driving from Pierre, South Dakota to Minot, North Dakota. We today we lost yet another hour without knowing it until we came back to our motel after having dinner at 5PM. We arrived at our destination early today because we wanted to have time to wash our clothes.

We still aren't quite used to the large portions of food we get here and the large drinks. So now we share a sandwich for lunch and we always order the smallest possible drink. We are also getting tired of eating hamburgers.

Thanks Lillian... I have not sent the PM yet - sorry - yesterday was just too hectic. I will try to get it sent today, later this afternoon. I only want to meet up at 10 am instead of 10:30, if you can make that work in your schedule. So, a PM probably isn't even necessary, unless you want to reply to me via PM. :thumbsup2

I was wondering if you were running ahead of schedule... It seemed like you were making really good time. I guess - one thing that would be neat for you to see - if you have the time to go a little (or a lot) out of your way, is Duluth... Duluth is an amazing city with so much to see and do... Also northern MN has a bunch of iron ore mines - most of which have tours (Tower Soudan is one and also the big pit in Hibbing) Here's the link to more info.... http://www.ironrange.org/things-to-do/active-mine-tours I know the big pit in Hibbing has a learning center and a train you can ride that goes around the pit... But the Tower-Soudan mine actually goes underground, you'd have to ride a tiny elevator approx 2 miles down underground - not sure if that's something you could do or not. It's a good tour if you are able. It's been so long - I am not sure how much walking there is once you get down there though? Otherwise - Duluth is amazing - truly amazing... Beautiful and seeing all of the ships come in... I definitely encourage you to go there, if you can't do the mines. It's a bit out of your way, but you are north right now, so if you went directly there, instead of here - then came here after, it wouldn't be that bad. Otherwise - I can meet you earlier too... just not Tuesday... I have appointments that day for the girls. Just let me know what works best for you, and I can rearrange any other day in my schedule as necessary.

***********************************************************************************************

I was hoping to have my test results back before I left for work yesterday, but I didn't.

They finally came back around noon... With resounding perfect scores. Sigh. I was kind of hoping for a high CBC result, because that ccould indicate a sinus infection... but no luck. I guess I could still have one - but it's unlikely. The instructions from the Dr. were to continue with life as "normal" and see my Dr. if it happens again. :scratchin Which is a little annoying to me - as this is happening for a reason and for as concerned as they were when I went in, it seems like they are unconcerned now. So, starting today - I will be documenting everything, so hopefully we are able to connect some sort of dots later... hopefully it isn't necessary.

After I got off of work yesterday, I waited around in town... Gus dropped Alli off at work, then he asked if he could come back home with me and hang out with us last night. Which wasn't a problem. I told him he had to run with me though. ::yes:: I was a little nervous about running after my dizzy spell after my last run... So, having Gus go with me was a relief. I really need to invest in one of those Road IDs.

We had pizza for dinner (I had a leftover hamburger and haggerty potatoes)... Then we all hung out for a while - watched TV and played on our devices while our food settled. I cannot run right after eating.

Then Gus and I went for a "run"... Probably one of the most mortifying moments of my life... ::yes:: I ran... Gus walked. The entire 2 miles. Hahaha... Yes, I do run that slow. In my defense - and I must have one in this case - my legs are a LOT shorter than his. At least that's what we determined while we were out there. I am sure every car passing us was laughing hysterically. Oh well - at least I was out there. My pace was super slow - I think his walking next to me was throwing me off? And my Garmin was acting weird for the longest time - I think I messed up one of the settings, and I am not sure how to fix it? But for the first half of my run - it had me running at a 28 mile pace, which is impossible... I was going slower than normal - I think? But there is just no way someone could run THAT slow - that's like running backwards. LOL And Gus was giving me a hard time about my lack of neon - he was concerned that no one would see me and we'd be hit by a car... LOL Anyways... Here's our run selfie for last night.

2015-08-25_20.10.12.jpg

I had absolutely NO issues with dizziness at all last night. So... I am wondering if it could be a hydration issue? I am really going to pay attention to that over the next few mornings- since both episodes happened after a morning work out, and it's possible that I wasn't hydrated enough.

I brought Gus back to town shortly after - so he could stop at his Grandmother's house... Then he picked Alli up from work later and brought her home.

Today... Allison has a photo shoot in about an hour... So, I think I am just going to take this week as a "rest week" from lifting... My last rest week was over 4th of July... So, it's about that time.

After we get back - I will be in my sewing room for the remainder of the day. I have a lot that I need to get done this week! ::yes::

I hope you all have a great day - thank you so much for all of your prayers and good thoughts during this time. Let's hope that the dizziness was just a freak thing, and it doesn't happen again. :lovestruc :grouphug:

D~

Hey D,

Are you doing intervals with the Galloway program? I wouldn't worry about your time. I run with my best friend, her husband and my husband. They all run a ten minute mile or less. I can't keep up with that! I just think to myself that at least I'm out there running!! You're doing awesome!!

Glad to hear that V is still crocheting. I love making baby blankets. I have about six finished. just waiting for someone to have a baby!! Tell V to check out Ravelry. They have a ton of free patterns.

Have a great day.

Glad al your results came back ok. With the heat- could totally be hydration. From my experience if you are doing anything other than drinking water throughout the day- you aren't hydrating enough lol.

You are too funny with your running rate. I have the same issue. When DH and I go for a walk- so romantic- he will literally be 100 ft away from me and I'll be like ummm I thought we were going for a walk TOGETHER?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter