~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Everyone who runs has been a beginner at some point. So I'm sure they won't judge you at the store. :hugs: Please let us know how the shopping for running shoes went.
The Senior pictures for Allison sounds like fun. I can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures.

Today I went to the car store to get some information about what car I'm possible getting. I met a very helpful and nice guy. I got the information I wanted. I even got to see one car and try to sit in it. When I saw the car I thought it was small inside. So I don't have a clue if my electric wheel chair and my manual wheel chair will fit in it. I guess I just have to wait and see at the appointment I'm having about the car when I get back from my trip. I also got to try how far or near the gas and breaks are. I found out that they are much closer to the driver's seat than I thought it would be, but I still think I will need to get the pedals extended. I'm really excited about the car and I can't wait until my appointment in the end of September.

The running store shouldn't judge you. I was nervous about going in to get fitted and they couldn't have been nicer. They told me about some races in the area. I learned a ton about my gait, shoe size how my foot lands when I run. I would expect that they will have to run on a treadmill. I usually wear a 7.5 shoe and they had me in an 8.5. Your feet swell when you run and the need room to move. I hope you had fun getting your shoes. It's an investment, but it's totally worth it!

Hi Miss you

Hi Mo!!! I miss you too - LOTS!

Everyone who runs has been a beginner at some point. So I'm sure they won't judge you at the store. Please let us know how the shopping for running shoes went.
The Senior pictures for Allison sounds like fun. I can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures.

Today I went to the car store to get some information about what car I'm possible getting. I met a very helpful and nice guy. I got the information I wanted. I even got to see one car and try to sit in it. When I saw the car I thought it was small inside. So I don't have a clue if my electric wheel chair and my manual wheel chair will fit in it. I guess I just have to wait and see at the appointment I'm having about the car when I get back from my trip. I also got to try how far or near the gas and breaks are. I found out that they are much closer to the driver's seat than I thought it would be, but I still think I will need to get the pedals extended. I'm really excited about the car and I can't wait until my appointment in the end of September.

You are right! I am just weird in some social circumstances... I've gotten really good at getting over things like this, I just have to DO it. Ya know?

Senior pictures were very fun - but uf duh - VERY expensive... YIKES! I put Alli in charge of this - and she didn't research at all... :scratchin :whatever: So, I am not sure how many of these senior photos we will actually get?

FUN!!!! That sounds like you had a great time looking at potential cars!!! And it's always good to know how the pedals are... I sure hope you are able to get put your wheelchair and the extra wheel in there... That would be horrible if you couldn't. I hope you'll take pictures of your new car (and your new wheelchair wheel) when you get them! :thumbsup2

The running store shouldn't judge you. I was nervous about going in to get fitted and they couldn't have been nicer. They told me about some races in the area. I learned a ton about my gait, shoe size how my foot lands when I run. I would expect that they will have to run on a treadmill. I usually wear a 7.5 shoe and they had me in an 8.5. Your feet swell when you run and the need room to move. I hope you had fun getting your shoes. It's an investment, but it's totally worth it!

They didn't at all... It was just my own strange fear... I am weird like that sometimes. The girl that helped me was SUPER nice and very helpful... She also had me in a size larger. The Asics I bought right before we went to the cabin were an 8... They really should have been an 8.5 (they were just a smidge too tight), but for my running shoes yesterday, she had me in 9s... She also had me in 9.5s... She was really pushing me towards the 9.5 - but they were soooo gigantic on me, they felt like flippers. The 9s were big enough - I think? I hope? Because that's what I got. I also purchased 2 pairs of socks... I do plan to order a couple pairs on Amazon at some point soon, but I figured that 2 pairs would get me through (with twice a week washing) for a few weeks. I don't need a ton of running socks - but I think 2 more pairs would be OK, that would = 1 load per week and a spare pair just in case. ::yes:: The girl also confirmed what I thought about my gait... I have very flat feet - but the uncommon part to that, is I have a very neutral stride - so I don't over/under pronate at all... Due to that - I can do a neutral shoe, but because of my plantar fascitis - I need that extra support of the "support" shoe. I thought that was pretty interesting... Also, the shoes I purchased 3 years ago, for our 2012 trip are the exact shoes I purchased yesterday - yesterday's is just 3 model years newer. However, yesterday's shoes are a half size smaller than the ones I purchased 3 years ago - my feet are definitely smaller after losing size. ::yes:: I am very excited to have new shoes for running! I will tell you all about them below. :)

Thanks for stopping by to "talk running shoes" with me. :thumbsup2

***********************************************************************************************

Yesterday was so crazy busy... I barely even know where to start.

My feet were so sore from my walk the night before - I just knew I had to go out to be fitted for new running shoes, I couldn't wait for them like I'd wanted to.

I didn't have any problems at the store, the girl was super nice helping me... I learned so much about how I run - like I said to Loree above - she confirmed what I thought about my gait... I have very flat feet - but the uncommon part to that, is I have a very neutral stride - so I don't over/under pronate at all... Due to that - I can do a neutral shoe, but because of my plantar fascitis - I need that extra support of the "support" shoe. I thought that was pretty interesting... I tried on several pairs and in the end, I purchased the Mizuno Wave Inspire 11... They are a FUN watermelon-y pink color... I love bright shoes, so these are perfect for me! I also purchased 2 pairs of socks to get me through until I buy a couple more pairs down the road - probably sooner rather than later, so I am not doing laundry every 5 minutes. :scratchin But I am trying hard not to invest too much $$ into this, because I don't want to find out in a few months that running isn't something I can do... Thankfully - everything I've purchased so far, can be used for walking too - which I enjoy a lot.

So - here's my new running shoes! I love the color... I love how they look on my feet when I am looking down at them (this is something I am a little obsessive about), I don't love how they look from the side, but I don't have to look at that - so I don't care too much. LOL I am so excited to have them, and I cannot wait to try them out later today/tonight.

20150730_104058_HDR.jpg

I was just checking out at the running store yesterday, when Allison started calling me... Her appointment for her hair/make-up was an hour earlier than she had thought... So I rushed home to bring her into town.

We started out at the photographer's studio to drop off Alli's outfits... While we were there, the photographer's assistant pulled me aside to "talk money"... Ummmm???? This is Allison's $$ being spent here today, not mine. Allison didn't do her research/the photographer's website was VERY VAGUE... as in, no pricing listed. The assistant gave me the "Senior Price List" and I about died!!! Just a CD with 15 pictures from the photo shoot is $500! Not only that, but you cannot JUST buy the CD, you have to buy it as part of a package... So, the cheapest item you can get in order to get the CD is $280! So, it will cost approx $800 for ONE 11x17 photo and 15 of her pictures digitally!!!! Total insanity, IMO... Allison was pretty upset. I don't blame her... The photographer's website has absolutely NO pricing info... but in the same respect - Allison should have asked the photographer to mail it to her. Sigh. We decided to go through with the photoshoot anyways - since Allison had already paid for the $200 sitting fee (which was 50% off her normal rates)... We are not obligated to purchase any photos from this photographer at all - we have not signed any contracts. The sad part - is I am sure the pictures will be amazing and we will have a VERY hard time not buying anything. We decided yesterday that Allison will have fun - enjoy the experience of having someone else do her pictures, then we would go out again last night, with her hair done and take more pictures with her camera - just in case. Sigh... It's pretty sad acutally and I am really torn... We *could* help her out a little bit, and purchase part of the package, so she could get these pictures on a CD... but still - it's not really in our budget and it's definitely not in her's. What would you do? I just feel like we were really dumb not to plan for this - but in the same breath, GEEZ - I didn't expect it to be THAT bad. Ya know?

Here's a few photos of Allison getting her hair and make-up done...

20150730_122921.jpg

20150730_123331.jpg

20150730_123859.jpg

20150730_125145.jpg

Then here's a few pictures from Allison's photo shoot yesterday... The photographer did a few in the studio - but then we drove up to Minneapolis to take some pictures in the city... It was beautiful. (FYI... Allison is wearing shorts under all these short dresses ::yes::)

20150730_142338.jpg

20150730_144232.jpg

20150730_145822.jpg

20150730_151610.jpg

20150730_151656.jpg

20150730_153000.jpg

After that was done, it was dinner time - so we fought rush-hour traffic home, I made some dinner for all of us... Then A, V and I went to our neighbor's farm... We took a few pictures of Allison there. Then we dropped V off at home, and picked up Allison's friend Marah - drove to Northfield and Marah and I took turns taking pictures of Allison there... We were able to get some decent ones with Allison's camera - but I am certain that the ones the photographer took in the city will be much better... I dunno - I am half tempted to see if BFF will go with us this weekend or next week, and go back to the City to try to recreate some of the pictures the photographer took... Allison has a great camera and great software - I am pretty sure we could do a half-way decent job and save Allison several hundred dollars...

Anyways, here's a couple of photos from last night in Northfield... Marah cracks me up! Her and Allison have been good friends for several years - Marah is the girl Allison went to Chicago with this last spring.

20150730_201407.jpg

20150730_201437.jpg

So, today... Well... I have some business stuff going on this morning.

Then I will be appliqueing all day long... sun up to sun down probably. ::yes::

I hope to go for a run at some point this evening to take my new shoes for a test drive.

I am headed up to my Dad's house tomorrow - bright and early, so I can get up there in time to bring him to church... I have not been up there since May - life has just been so busy and time got away from me.

That's about all - I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Wow- what a dubious learning experience for Allison. It does seem hard to spend that kind of money, especially when you can get the Disney Photopass pictures for a lot cheaper.

I hope your Mizumo's work for you. It is my daughter's favorite running shoe brand. Your legs might be a little achy after running in a new shoe. Sometimes the muscles need to adjust to the different shoe. But all reputable running stores will take back shoes if they don't fit right. I hope yours feel great :)

Love the new shoes, pretty color!

Wow! Those prices are insane. Of course I haven't done any professional photos in years and years so they could be the going rate for all I know. I will keep my fingers crossed that the all turn out blurry so you don't have to decide whether to buy any. :rotfl:

Have fun with your dad tomorrow.

Wow prices for senior pictures are a lot more that when my daughter was getting hers. We had a local photographer do hers. Ehe actually lived around the corner from us. I know a couple of photographers and the one that did her wedding pictures only charged $400 because we're friends. He did a really good job.
Congrats on the new running shoes I love the color. I hope running is better in them.
Last night I decided to walk down to the lake, actually it's North of me, but that's beside the point. I got half way there and realized I was still wearing my flipflops. Luckily it didn't bother my feet. It was only about a 2 mile walk and it was nice seeing so of my neighbors while walking. The beach was almost gone due to the high winds yesterday.
Tonight we're supposed to go to alocal minor league baseball game. It's fireworks night, not Disney but still fireworks.
Have a good day.
Liz

I'm glad to hear you didn't have any problems at the store when buying running shoes.
Your new shoes looks great. I hope you like how they are on when you get to test them for a while. It's not easy to feel how they are by trying them on a few minutes at the store.

The prices for the photos are insane even if it's less than you would have to pay here in Norway :scared1:
Too bad Alli didn't research it good enough in advanced.

You are right! I am just weird in some social circumstances... I've gotten really good at getting over things like this, I just have to DO it. Ya know?
Yes I know what you mean. I'm the same way in different situations.

FUN!!!! That sounds like you had a great time looking at potential cars!!! And it's always good to know how the pedals are... I sure hope you are able to get put your wheelchair and the extra wheel in there... That would be horrible if you couldn't. I hope you'll take pictures of your new car (and your new wheelchair wheel) when you get them! :thumbsup2

I will post pictures when I finally get my new car and my new wheelchair wheel. But it will take a long time until I get the car. It's a lot of things that has to be done before I have it in my garage. I'm hoping I will have the wheel by October, but I'm not sure that will happen because there was some problem getting it. They haven't made it easy to get the wheel, but my Occupational Therapist said that we will get it in the end. We might just have to appeal a refusal first.

Senior pictures! Yikes. When it was time for Jacob's, I really liked the studio. I had to choose one that would take the time to get Jacob to actually participate. Again, there were no prices listed and I thought, how bad can it be? It was bad. We ended up buying the large photo. I think we got the digital downloads and like 8 wallets. Over $1000! So, when it was time for Marissa's the following year, I got recommendations from friends. It was ok. The fee was good for the photoshoot. Then, the photographer's mom died, so she did send a photo in for the yearbook, but it took awhile for us to actually see the proofs. She offered no printing services. So, while we paid a lot less, we have yet to get Marissa's printed, because I have no idea where to go and Marissa chopped off her hair and didn't look much like her photos at all anymore. We will get one printed to match the big one of Jacob. We just have to decide where to go. So, I am not looking forward to doing Chelsea's in 6 years. No telling what the price will be. Maybe we will do a photoshoot at Disney. It would probably be cheaper to fly Allison to Disney and pay for her trip to take pictures of Chelsea...something to think about!

hat would you do? I just feel like we were really dumb not to plan for this - but in the same breath, GEEZ - I didn't expect it to be THAT bad. Ya know?

I totally know what you mean. With just being a senior this past year that graduated, my senior portraits were also expensive, but I don't think they went up to as much as yours. All those sites never seem to spell out how much it's actually going to cost! IMHO, it is important to have some type of senior pictres printed out, since it is such a special year and accomplishment to graduate high school. Maybe try taking some pictures with Allison's camera and see how they come out. If you guys aren't totally satisfied, then think again about ordering from the photographer! Best of luck with the decision!

I see the Sacki Wacki tshirt :)

Wow! I just can't believe how expensive your pictures are! Not even close to professional ones around here. You would pay maybe $100 sitting fee (and most have no sitting fee if you buy a package) and maybe $200-$300 for a HUGE package. That is just insane!

Say "hi" to your dad tomorrow!

Love your shoes! And smart not to wait, even with the $$ spent. You don't want to be turned off from running because you're not comfy.

That is an insane price for senior pictures!! Hopefully you can get some good ones and save Ali some $$!

Wow- what a dubious learning experience for Allison. It does seem hard to spend that kind of money, especially when you can get the Disney Photopass pictures for a lot cheaper.

I hope your Mizumo's work for you. It is my daughter's favorite running shoe brand. Your legs might be a little achy after running in a new shoe. Sometimes the muscles need to adjust to the different shoe. But all reputable running stores will take back shoes if they don't fit right. I hope yours feel great

I know... It's really crazy! I still feel really dumb for not planning for it, but in the same breath - I find it so hard to pay for things that we can do ourselves, and it's not as if Allison couldn't do it herself.

I am excited to try them... I wore them yesterday for working out - and they were great, but I have yet to take them out for a real test spin.

I hope you have a great weekend Sue. :)

Love the new shoes, pretty color!

Wow! Those prices are insane. Of course I haven't done any professional photos in years and years so they could be the going rate for all I know. I will keep my fingers crossed that the all turn out blurry so you don't have to decide whether to buy any.

Have fun with your dad tomorrow.

Thanks! I like them too.

I know - even our wedding pictures, which I thought were astronomical - we invested in an amazing photographer - for the time anyways... and our wedding pictures weren't that much - we had a HUGE package plus lots of extras. This was before the digital era though.

Thanks! I have to leave shortly - I didn't sleep well last night, so I am a bit nervous about driving home this afternoon/evening.

Wow prices for senior pictures are a lot more that when my daughter was getting hers. We had a local photographer do hers. Ehe actually lived around the corner from us. I know a couple of photographers and the one that did her wedding pictures only charged $400 because we're friends. He did a really good job.
Congrats on the new running shoes I love the color. I hope running is better in them.
Last night I decided to walk down to the lake, actually it's North of me, but that's beside the point. I got half way there and realized I was still wearing my flipflops. Luckily it didn't bother my feet. It was only about a 2 mile walk and it was nice seeing so of my neighbors while walking. The beach was almost gone due to the high winds yesterday.
Tonight we're supposed to go to alocal minor league baseball game. It's fireworks night, not Disney but still fireworks.
Have a good day.
Liz

Yes - it's crazy! I wish we knew someone, besides Allison, who could do them for us... but quite honestly - I think Allison did a great job with the ones she did.

Oh no - LOL... I've done many walks in my flip-flops, sometimes they are just more comfy for me. ::yes::

Have fun at the baseball game and fireworks. :) And have a great weekend!

I'm glad to hear you didn't have any problems at the store when buying running shoes.
Your new shoes looks great. I hope you like how they are on when you get to test them for a while. It's not easy to feel how they are by trying them on a few minutes at the store.

The prices for the photos are insane even if it's less than you would have to pay here in Norway
Too bad Alli didn't research it good enough in advanced.

Yes I know what you mean. I'm the same way in different situations.

I will post pictures when I finally get my new car and my new wheelchair wheel. But it will take a long time until I get the car. It's a lot of things that has to be done before I have it in my garage. I'm hoping I will have the wheel by October, but I'm not sure that will happen because there was some problem getting it. They haven't made it easy to get the wheel, but my Occupational Therapist said that we will get it in the end. We might just have to appeal a refusal first.

Yes - it was really easy and painless... :thumbsup2

Thank you - so far they are working out great.

It's more expensive in Norway? I cannot imagine your prices there. Gulp!

Looking forward to pictures, when you get everything settled. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you and you are riding off into the sunset soon. ::yes::

Senior pictures! Yikes. When it was time for Jacob's, I really liked the studio. I had to choose one that would take the time to get Jacob to actually participate. Again, there were no prices listed and I thought, how bad can it be? It was bad. We ended up buying the large photo. I think we got the digital downloads and like 8 wallets. Over $1000! So, when it was time for Marissa's the following year, I got recommendations from friends. It was ok. The fee was good for the photoshoot. Then, the photographer's mom died, so she did send a photo in for the yearbook, but it took awhile for us to actually see the proofs. She offered no printing services. So, while we paid a lot less, we have yet to get Marissa's printed, because I have no idea where to go and Marissa chopped off her hair and didn't look much like her photos at all anymore. We will get one printed to match the big one of Jacob. We just have to decide where to go. So, I am not looking forward to doing Chelsea's in 6 years. No telling what the price will be. Maybe we will do a photoshoot at Disney. It would probably be cheaper to fly Allison to Disney and pay for her trip to take pictures of Chelsea...something to think about!

Yes - that is so crazy!!!! I just cannot believe how expensive they are, really. That will be us - probably - we'll buy one picture and use Allison's pictures for the rest. It's so sad, really it is.

Bummer about Marissa's pictures - glad you eventually got them though, hopefully you can get them printed soon. What about doing canvases? I've ordered canvases before and loved them - sign up for their emails, they are always running hUGE sales (like 70% off)... YOu can get some pretty big canvas prints for reasonable. That is probably what I will end up doing with the girls' senior pictures?

Hahaha.... I mentioned that to Allison and she said she was ALL FOR IT! LOL Because - you are so right - it would be cheaper to fly her to Disney, have her do the photoshoot there, she could send you a CD when she was done editing and you could print them where ever. LOL Keep that in mind in 6 years. :thumbsup2

I totally know what you mean. With just being a senior this past year that graduated, my senior portraits were also expensive, but I don't think they went up to as much as yours. All those sites never seem to spell out how much it's actually going to cost! IMHO, it is important to have some type of senior pictres printed out, since it is such a special year and accomplishment to graduate high school. Maybe try taking some pictures with Allison's camera and see how they come out. If you guys aren't totally satisfied, then think again about ordering from the photographer! Best of luck with the decision!

It is quite sad about how vague all of the photography websites are... it really puts people in an awkward situation when you walk in there and have to cough up thousands just for pictures... I totally agree that it's an important time in her life and it should be remembered... But I am just not sure I can justify spending that much - ya know? It's a lot, for something she can do herself. :)

I will be posting a few of the pictures Allison took, quite honestly - I think they are great! I don't think you'd be able to tell that they weren't professionally taken, Allison is a pretty talented photographer and has been doing senior pictures for her friends/classmates for a couple of years... So, take a look - and tell me what you think... I really think we can get away with using Allison's pictures for most of her pictures.

I see the Sacki Wacki tshirt

Wow! I just can't believe how expensive your pictures are! Not even close to professional ones around here. You would pay maybe $100 sitting fee (and most have no sitting fee if you buy a package) and maybe $200-$300 for a HUGE package. That is just insane!

Say "hi" to your dad tomorrow!

Hehehe.... I LIVE in that thing. It's my favorite... and my other Maine tees too. ::yes::

I know - it's crazy! I am still not sure what we are going to do?

I will!

Love your shoes! And smart not to wait, even with the $$ spent. You don't want to be turned off from running because you're not comfy.

That is an insane price for senior pictures!! Hopefully you can get some good ones and save Ali some $$!

Thanks! Yes, I am glad I didn't wait any longer, it was just getting so painful.

I think so too. I'll be posting some of Allison's pictures below... You guys can tell me what you think. :thumbsup2

*********************************************************************************************

I feel like I didn't get anything accomplished yesterday, but really, I did.

I worked on some business stuff much later into the morning that I would have liked... By the time I finished working out - it was already 10:30am!

So, I appliqued for a few hours...

Then I took Allison to work.

While I was in town, I did some grocery shopping.

Josh wanted to take me out for dinner last night, so he took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant... Terese's. YUMMY! But I ate waaaay too much. It was delcious though!

We came home and I almost went straight to bed, as I have to leave shortly for my Dad's. ::yes::

As promised... I wanted to show you all some of the pictures we took with Allison's camera the other night - I do really think these are fantastic, and would pass as "Senior pictures"? At least for getting extra pictures, like wallets to give out to her friends and such? Tell me what you think OK?

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

Then, there's a not so flattering one of me... I was just being goofy. ;)

DSC_0519.jpg

OK all - I must run... I have to hop in the shower and be on the road in 30 min, so I can get up to my Dad's and get him to church on time.

I plan to take my running clothes with me, and work out while I am waiting for his service to be done. I also plan to go to my jeweler to see if they can resize my wedding ring - or any other options for me? And maybe walk around the mall for a while. Then I will spend the rest of my day with my dad - probably going out for lunch and doing any shopping he needs to do... Then I will head home tonight.

Wish me luck - as I woke up at 2am and couldn't fall back to sleep... I always have a hard time driving home when I am well rested - so hopefully I can stay awake today. ::yes::

Have a great weekend all! :)

D~

How many lovely and great pictures you have taken of Alli at/after the photoshoot.
I hope you have a great day with your dad and that the driving goes well.

Yes in Norway you would have to pay $1200 for the photoshoot. And then you have to add the price for the pictures you want to get and the CD.
Things are not cheap in Norway. 1 gallon of gas for the car cost $7.36 in Norway.
I can't believe it's 1st August today. My trip suddenly came so much closer. I'm going this month. Not next year, in august, in a couple of months or next month. But THIS month :yay: I have been planning this trip for over a year so it's so much fun that it's getting so close now. I still have some things that has to be done before I leave, but I think I have control now.

The closeup picture of Alison is gorgeous and would make a good portrait. But all of them make a good collection.

I hope you have a good weekend, too.

Her pictures are great! Sorry you had such sticker shock when you found out the pricing of the professional photos. I don't think senior pictures are such a big deal here. I think it is just getting it through the photographer the school uses for the yearbook pictures.

Have a great day with your dad!

Haven't been commenting much, but I have been following along. And I just had to say the pictures of Allison are terrific! They look amazing and I think would be great senior pictures! The first one, one on the metal ladder and the close up one are ADORABLE! She has a real talent!

Alli's pictures look great. People around here often take pictures of their kids for senior pictures. All You need is a good camera and a good eye for detail now.
It's not like the old 35mm cameras. I see a lot of senior pictures taken by mom, dad or a friend at work. One of my friends, not the photographer, kittenstook all her kid's senior pictures.
Today I'm going to the animal rescue place to find a couple of kittens. I miss having cats in the house.
Have a good visit with your dad.
Liz

Those look great and unless the photographers photos are leaps and bounds better, I think those are wonderful! I can't imagine them been much better!

Have a wonderful time at your dad's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter