• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Hey howdy Hey!
Thought I would stop by and see what the news was. Haven't got completely caught up yet but i'm working on it. Have you all made any meet plans yet?

I'm so sorry for your loss, D. :hug:
I was looking at all the photos on Instagram last night and there ar some CUTE ones on there - they look like they are either discontinued styles or possibly custom ones... How do I get in on that, if they are customs?
This is way late, but yeah, it's possible you saw "extinct" or custom skirts. There are a few Facebook groups where people will sell their used skirts or get group customs going. Some are secret groups and some are not secret (I think SparkleAddicts is not secret). You'd be surprised at how good the resale value is on the skirts - if people take proper care of them, they stay in really good shape (I still have my first one from 2011/2012).

There are individual customs and group customs - for individual customs you find your own fabric and send it to SSHQ (on SpandexHouse.com or SpandexWarehouse.com...people have even started designing their own fabric on Spoonflower). They make the skirt to your specifications, but it's pricey ($90ish per skirt). Group customs are groups of 25 or more that have found non-stock fabric for skirts...they are closer to stock skirt prices ($70-$75).

The bad thing about these customs is. 1. They are pricey, 2. They are addicting, and 3. There is a decent wait for them...like MONTHS long. The individual customs seem to have been going faster lately but the group customs take a loooong time.

Hey D, I, just catching up from the weekend - I went home so I didn't have much time for the DIS. But I'm back! ;)
I know! I am super excited for a Halloween outfit. I was watching the Boo to You parade on Youtube yesterday morning while I was lifting - Ahhh now I miss Halloween in Disney.

Gosh yeah I have seen videos as well. I have always wanted o go to the Halloween party -- some day...
And I love how they added the Hocus Pocus part to the castle show! I loved that movie as a kid - Allison and V and around my age - would they watch it too? Since it's so popular, I bet they will bring them back for next year - when you're going!:goodvibes

Excellent idea.... Which means I might be wearing my running shoes, even though they are probably the lightest - they are probably the chunkiest. I'll have to put my flip flops in my carry on though - because I cannot live without those.
I always have to use this technique when coming home -- because of all the goodies I buy in Disney:rolleyes1

After lunch - I worked for another hour... So, I am even further along than I wanted to be... Which means that Goofy is nearly half done. :woohoo: It appears I will have 2 new themes for this trip.
Awesome! :goodvibes

I've also been in contact with my new bow lady - she is awesome!!! I cannot wait to share her info with you all - she has been fantastic to work with, very speedy in her turn around, very thorough in making her items character-like. I just want to see her quality in person, before I tell you all who she is - but she has 5 stars all around, so I really have no doubt that her stuff is great.... And now that I've found a way to make my headgear more affordable - I am super excited to share that idea with you all, as well and also, making it possible and realistic to have new headgear for each trip, if I so choose.
That is so great! I can't wait to see them - I bet they are beautiful bows.:thumbsup2

So, once I was done working yesterday... I went for a run... It was time to tackle the hills again... I took pictures for you all - hopefully you can see them well. The first picture is at the top of the first hill, looking out at the last hill... I actually run a half mile beyond that.
Wow! That's incredible - you should be so proud of yourself! :goodvibes

Also, looking at this first picture... See that first hill in front of you? That was my VERY first run... Starting at the top of that hill (coming this direction on the other side of the road) and running towards the bridge - I remember pushing myself to get to that bridge. It amazes me, truly, how far I've come in such a short time!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Aren't you glad I took pictures of all these hills? LOL
Yes, very glad - it made my morning! :rotfl::thumbsup2

I happened on a DEAL for my running shoes on Amazon... They are last year's model -but I paid a lot of $$ for the pair I currently have, and these are more than half off of that - I just couldn't pass them up. They should be arriving today. :woohoo:
Love the color, and that's awesome about the price - I love getting great deals on things I am excited about buying! :goodvibes

So, first off - some sad news... My foster-Dad's mom passed away yesterday morning... She wasn't doing well, so her passing was expected, but all the same - it is sad. So, I am cutting my working weekend short, and my work week, and headed out tomorrow for the wake/funeral. So, I may be offline for a few days. I am very glad though, that we were able to make a trip to visit her earlier this spring - It was a fun trip, and good to be able to see her.
I am so sorry about your loss - sending my prayers and good thoughts your way.:hug: And yes that is great you were able to see her in the spring.

Yesterday, I took a picture of the girls - they were so cute, dressed coordinating for school - not intentional.

6dc2ca2d-a482-44a0-979e-b098c6bbd24b.jpg
They look great - adorable outfits! :goodvibes

Today - I will be finishing up Goofy... Then probably start on another side project? :scratchin I haven't decided fully what I am doing yet.
That is so exciting! Like always -- I can't wait to see your current progress with everything! :goodvibes

I'm so sorry for your loss. Many hugs...

I like your new shoes -- I'm really picky about shoes, too -- if I don't like they way they look or how they look on my feet I won't wear them. No way. So I'm glad your shoes worked out for you! Love that picture of your girls -- they're so pretty.

I'm so sorry to hear about your foster dad's mom.

Nice picture of the girls

As I said to you when I met you: The portions are really big in the US. We never tried the kids portions so I don't know how big they are over there, but it sounds like much food when order both a kids size meal and a side.

Here it has rained today. Then it came wet snow for like a minute before it turned back to rain again. And yesterday the newspaper wrote that it was 2,1 inch of snow on the ground (and road) on the mountain passes in Troms (the "state" I live in). Next weekend I'm going to Harstad (4 hours drive south of Tromsø) and to get to Harstad I have to pass one of the mountain passes that had snow yesterday. So Ulf will have to change my tires on my car before I go to Harstad.

Thank you Lillian. :hug:

Yah - next time I will skip the side. LOL It was just too much - even if I was super hungry.

I hope you were able to get your winter tires on your car. :)

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got that last visit. That helps a bit. Good thoughts for the next few days.

Thank you. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your foster dad's mom.
It's been cold and rainy all day here. I think that's why it was so busy at work.
The girls look really good in their outfits.
Have a good day.
Liz

Thank you :hug:

It's definitely fall like here - it feels great when I am out running - but most other times, I am cold. ;)

Thanks!

You too Liz. :)

Hey howdy Hey!
Thought I would stop by and see what the news was. Haven't got completely caught up yet but i'm working on it. Have you all made any meet plans yet?

Hi Cindy!!! Thanks for stopping by! It's great to see you!

I have not made many meet plans yet at all. I am not sure how many I am going to get done in November? Since I don't know where we are staying - and many of our evenings are not being planned. I am trying to save most of my meets for when Alli and I are there in Jan. Send me a message on FB, and we'll see if we can coordinate something for November - otherwise Jan for sure. :lovestruc

Sorry to hear about your foster Dad's Mom.

Thanks Niki. :hug:

So sorry for your loss. Safe travels as you head to the funeral.

Thank you. :hug: I am home now - it was good seeing and catching up with family.

I'm so sorry for your loss, D.

This is way late, but yeah, it's possible you saw "extinct" or custom skirts. There are a few Facebook groups where people will sell their used skirts or get group customs going. Some are secret groups and some are not secret (I think SparkleAddicts is not secret). You'd be surprised at how good the resale value is on the skirts - if people take proper care of them, they stay in really good shape (I still have my first one from 2011/2012).

There are individual customs and group customs - for individual customs you find your own fabric and send it to SSHQ (on SpandexHouse.com or SpandexWarehouse.com...people have even started designing their own fabric on Spoonflower). They make the skirt to your specifications, but it's pricey ($90ish per skirt). Group customs are groups of 25 or more that have found non-stock fabric for skirts...they are closer to stock skirt prices ($70-$75).

The bad thing about these customs is. 1. They are pricey, 2. They are addicting, and 3. There is a decent wait for them...like MONTHS long. The individual customs seem to have been going faster lately but the group customs take a loooong time.

Thank you! :hug:

And thanks for all of the sparkle skirt info. ::yes::

That's great that the skirts hold their value well... I just joined Sparkle Addicts. Like I need another thing in my life to be addicted to? :scratchin LOL

I saw a Minnie Mouse sketch SS on Instagram... :lovestruc I am assuming that one would be a custom one? It was so adorable. It's awesome that this company does customs at all though. :woohoo:

Seriously - thank you for writing out all of this info for me. I would still like to get a few more, but I need to pay off some of these trips first. ::yes::

Hey D, I, just catching up from the weekend - I went home so I didn't have much time for the DIS. But I'm back!

Gosh yeah I have seen videos as well. I have always wanted o go to the Halloween party -- some day...
And I love how they added the Hocus Pocus part to the castle show! I loved that movie as a kid - Allison and V and around my age - would they watch it too? Since it's so popular, I bet they will bring them back for next year - when you're going!

I always have to use this technique when coming home -- because of all the goodies I buy in Disney

Awesome!

That is so great! I can't wait to see them - I bet they are beautiful bows.

Wow! That's incredible - you should be so proud of yourself!

Yes, very glad - it made my morning!

Love the color, and that's awesome about the price - I love getting great deals on things I am excited about buying!

I am so sorry about your loss - sending my prayers and good thoughts your way. And yes that is great you were able to see her in the spring.

They look great - adorable outfits!

That is so exciting! Like always -- I can't wait to see your current progress with everything!

Hey!!! I hope you had a nice weekend. I am sorry - but I am blanking on your first name this morning. :scratchin

Yes - My girls are HUGE Hocus Pocus fans - we watch it SEVERAL times every fall - as we have it on DVD... And then when it's on TV- we always watch It then too. LOL I also love the movie - it's a nice clean, not gory Halloween movie and that's what I love so much about it. I sure hope they keep HP as part of MNSSHP.

Hehehe.... I knew someone would be thrilled about all of those hills. LOL

I am so thrilled about my new shoes - I should be able to test run them this afternoon or Thursday. I hope. :)

Thanks! My new accessories are starting to roll in - I should be able to show Goofy and the other one by the end of the week.

Thanks for stopping by - it was great to see you! :)

Sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip.

THanks Shannon! :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Many hugs...

I like your new shoes -- I'm really picky about shoes, too -- if I don't like they way they look or how they look on my feet I won't wear them. No way. So I'm glad your shoes worked out for you! Love that picture of your girls -- they're so pretty.

Thanks!

Yes - I am so weird about my shoes... I could care less how they look from the sides... but if my feet look funny from the top - or if they are too big - it's a no, go. LOL So, if I am buying shoes online, I always have to search Google images for the shoes - so I can see what they look like from the top. :scratchin I know - I am a bit nutty that way. LOL

OK - sorry I just dropped off the face of the earth this weekend. At about 7am on Saturday, I received a text from my cousin Travis - who lives near me, asking me if I wanted to car pool home - since home is a 3 hour drive for both of us, I decided to take him up on it - which meant I had to leave a day earlier than planned, and I only had about 3 hours to get ready and pack.

So, needless to say - Goofy isn't done. I did not get to work at all this weekend. And I had to plan my long run to be done Sunday morning in my home town.... So, I had to pack all of my running gear on top of funeral attire and everything else.

But I was able to get it all done - Trav and I left my house at about noon on Saturday morning - I drove his car. We had a lot of fun - as neither of us particularly care for this drive alone, it worked out perfectly to do it together. Even though we were going up for a sad reason - we had a great time. I was a little worried about being "stranded" while I was up there - but my foster parents have a few cars and are always willing to let me drive them - so my fear of being stranded wasn't an issue at all.

Leaving my house:

20151003_120545.jpg

We stopped at my Dad's to visit for just a few minutes on the way through...

After, we stopped at the grocery store and the liquor store for supplies for the weekend. ::yes::

Then, we HAD to stop at the Red Onion... It's a little outdoor small town Dairy Queen type restaurant... Only open seasonally - but they are "famous" locally for their hamburgers... I have not eaten there in, at least, 3 years.... So, Travis and I were determined to get a burger before they closed for the season... YUM!

20151003_152100.jpg

We arrived home... Dropped my stuff off - then drove to his parents to visit for a little bit... Then back to my foster-parent's house. It was a FULL house this weekend - all of the spare bedrooms were full... I took the family room couch... Plus the camper was full too... Lots of food - lots of (ahem) celebrating - and just lots of enjoying people that we don't get to see very often. ::yes::

I was up early, too early, the next morning to meet my cousin Tonya for a run... The Sunday morning selfie I sent to Suzi, Mo and Ariana as we were all chatting... Yes - I am posting a photo of myself with "bed head" and no make up. LOL

20151004_070001.jpg

I was only supposed to do 4 miles, but when I got there at 7am, she informed me that we were doing 5 miles. :faint: Yikes... OK - it was time to lace up my big girl sneakers and do it... And I did! :woohoo:

2015-10-05_18.17.30.jpg

It was a great run - I had no problem doing the 5 miles... I really wanted to keep going, but I didn't. Now I am glad that I didn't because my left calf is still really super tight - as in, borderline cramping tight. I am not even sure I should do my run this afternoon? I'll see how it feels after I walk on it a bit today - if it stretches out. But - on the plus side, I know I will have NO issue doing my 8k on Thanksgiving morning. :woohoo:

My foster parents also had baby kitties at the old farm house I grew up in... So we were all taking care of them, since the momma died - they were sooo tiny.

20151004_134950.jpg

The funeral was yesterday. It was a nice ceremony. Many people came to pay their respects. Personally - I detest funerals... I rarely go, unless it's someone important to me... and when I do go - I do not go anywhere near the casket. So, I hung back all day - and stayed in an exterior room of the funeral home, sitting in the very back row for the funeral itself. Which is totally fine with me.

After the cemetery, we went to the VFW for lunch... Both Trav and I had our stuff with us, so we left straight after lunch for home. He dropped me off at about 4 pm, and he went on home himself. It was great traveling with him, and hopefully we are able to coordinate it again sometime. :lovestruc

I made dinner after I got home, and I was in bed by 6:30... I was TIRED!

As a side note... I ordered my Fitbit - I went with the regular Charge in black. Thanks for all of your reviews and recommendations. :thumbsup2

Allison is no longer working at Starbucks/Target. They have been increasingly doing random things to alienate and pressure her into quitting. Saturday night, it got pretty bad, and she walked out. I am not proud of her for not giving proper notice, but on the other hand - I fully support her decision to stand up for herself when she is being treated that way. It was getting very out of hand, and not nice at all. So, she is now job hunting.

OK - today... I am working at Target all day. I will be running (hopefully) this afternoon. And I will probably be going to bed early tonight again - I feel like I could crawl back into bed right now and sleep the entire day away, as it is.

Thank you again for all of your condolences, they mean a lot. :grouphug: I hope you all have an amazing day! Prayers and good thoughts to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a nice weekend even if it was around sad circumstances.
The kitten is so cute :lovestruc

It doesn't sound right that Starbucks/Target where Allison worked did thing to alienate and pressure her into quitting. I'm glad she stood up for herself and quited the job. Crossing my fingers that her quiting won't cause trouble getting a new job.

I hope your day at Target goes fast.

Ulf is outside changing the tires on my car now. It's about time because today when I went out around 1pm it was frost on the grass. I even put my autumn jacket and winter shoes on for the first time this season. I have only had a sweater on outside after coming home from the USA. Even if the temperatures in October has been around 41ºF

Glad things went well. Sorry about Allison and her job. That is terrible that she had to go through that. You've raised great girls so I'm sure she'll find something, especially with the holidays coming up. Congrats on the 5 miles!!! Way to go.

And thanks for all of the sparkle skirt info. ::yes::

That's great that the skirts hold their value well... I just joined Sparkle Addicts. Like I need another thing in my life to be addicted to? :scratchin LOL

I saw a Minnie Mouse sketch SS on Instagram... :lovestruc I am assuming that one would be a custom one? It was so adorable. It's awesome that this company does customs at all though. :woohoo:

Seriously - thank you for writing out all of this info for me. I would still like to get a few more, but I need to pay off some of these trips first. ::yes::
I know what you mean! Since I have joined those groups I have bought WAY more skirts. I just sold a bunch and and trying hard to cut back. It's an addiction for sure! And an expensive one...but I justify it by reminding myself that running is my main hobby and the skirt prices are on par with what you'd pay for a good pair of running capris...and when you add in the skirt pockets I think that makes them worth it. At least that's what I tell myself...

Oh, a Minnie Mouse sketch skirt, you say? Could it be this one (i.e. mine)? :lovestruc
kelEZVZgIr6D5ueVp3DsB-JTs3JTzoKwdAjRVTPSk2bjZEn8tv3uY1lVelFya1wRb66uXv39VHXY1AYhgpqhO5ebMhA-WfQAUfMiMoVxBOj1ndkzMGJuvYN7VAxo79ifNx7TdyvVtJfYkmCv1wpzUZz-ugqTXNhFdqCih9Ql4hxfJC2TSuk7zF1KYJu_pe4HYR41QnyFfjAnOC9w9cjdGsvLZbwtY9mcY0b-8lwhhS6STl1yLwwo_Hd9bI8QIUtSOu-78bfBi8yWxnaKsi9CvwbZ42TWnk7adR5hKsMejfmW50nHTV09t6DymgUPCShiKlQHqZLDT0aJv46Q2DHBpyQRPRFBsRJ-tXAOmgbR0ROLEvCjCy3gAWIFBv9F2bVQtDRj0uY9u2uHBzkAHJf2V4_HaTSK918f53I3NV362mYqKDBMTrawqfxa8k0oIx56fPPW4L27lILmuSqKwaU0sKRxsQvdaDEuVzMPiMalhpYXweas3rujdb-ux1uMVqEVPFaeQfq_r9fQgY6KEhWSLW1CP2saOsicwIbyoEfJvrjZ=w1274-h955-no

those running skirts are so cute.

Hope you target day went by fast and you are able to get your run in this afternnon

I am so sorry for your foster dad's mom. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.
Love the new sneakers and the girls just look adorable in their outfits.

My daughter LOVED her color run AND was she covered in color; hair, face, ears, hands, sneakers, clothes, socks....... Glad I had to sit out on this one. LOL

Have a great day!!!

Hey!!! I hope you had a nice weekend. I am sorry - but I am blanking on your first name this morning. :scratchin

Thank you!!! No problem lol - My name is Alison, same as your daughter except she spells it with 2 Ls! :thumbsup2

Yes - My girls are HUGE Hocus Pocus fans - we watch it SEVERAL times every fall - as we have it on DVD... And then when it's on TV- we always watch It then too. LOL I also love the movie - it's a nice clean, not gory Halloween movie and that's what I love so much about it. I sure hope they keep HP as part of MNSSHP.
Same here in my house! Yeah I hope they keep it too - it was such a nice surprise addition, considering how old the movie is, but it is still very popular. :goodvibes
Then, we HAD to stop at the Red Onion... It's a little outdoor small town Dairy Queen type restaurant... Only open seasonally - but they are "famous" locally for their hamburgers... I have not eaten there in, at least, 3 years.... So, Travis and I were determined to get a burger before they closed for the season... YUM!
That food looks/sounds delicious - hope you and your cousin enjoyed it!

I was only supposed to do 4 miles, but when I got there at 7am, she informed me that we were doing 5 miles. :faint: Yikes... OK - it was time to lace up my big girl sneakers and do it... And I did! :woohoo:
That is amazing! Congrats! :cool1:

My foster parents also had baby kitties at the old farm house I grew up in... So we were all taking care of them, since the momma died - they were sooo tiny.

20151004_134950.jpg
Oh my gosh. How cute.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Allison is no longer working at Starbucks/Target. They have been increasingly doing random things to alienate and pressure her into quitting. Saturday night, it got pretty bad, and she walked out. I am not proud of her for not giving proper notice, but on the other hand - I fully support her decision to stand up for herself when she is being treated that way. It was getting very out of hand, and not nice at all. So, she is now job hunting.
Good for her. No one should be treated like that at a job. I would do the same thing. Minimum wage isn't high enough to deal with that stress!:confused3

OK - today... I am working at Target all day. I will be running (hopefully) this afternoon. And I will probably be going to bed early tonight again - I feel like I could crawl back into bed right now and sleep the entire day away, as it is.
I know - it's one of those days for me too - I would love to sleep all day, but I have plenty that needs to get done!::yes:: Enjoy the day! :goodvibes

Late to the party, per usual. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( I despise them as well but sometimes it's the only chance I have to see all of my family in one location. I'm exactly like you in that I avoid the casket at all costs. I've been like that since I was a teenager. I would prefer to remember my loved ones as full of life, not in a casket.

Congrats on your 5 miles! That is so awesome. There are days when I wish I could get into running. Then there are other days when I can barely drag myself to do my Zumba workouts. lol

That's a bummer about Allison but I agree with you. No one should be treated like a lower class human for a job. I worked for Target my junior/senior year in high school. Things got so bad there that I turned in my 2 week notice just before graduation. They had enough gall to call me at my graduation party to tell me I was fired & that they had found someone to cover my last 3 days there. Needless to say, I laughed at them & hung up the phone. It just so happens that my 1 year anniversary fell into that time frame as well so in order to pick up my last paycheck, I had to have my yearly review (keep in mind, they had already "fired" me). Of course, I got a glowing review (NOT!!!) but because I hadn't had a chance to use any of my vacation, they had to pay me all of it so I guess I kind of got the last laugh. I was never so glad to leave a job in all my life.

Hope you had a good day at work and take it easy on your legs. Your body will let you know if you need to rest!

I'm with you on funerals....but glad you were able to at least be there for support.

So sorry to hear about Allison's job issues. While I would also never advocate quitting without notice, I will admit that when people are treating you very badly and aren't respectful, sometimes it may be the best option. Sometimes giving notice can only prolong the agony and make things worse for you. Hope she finds something else soon!

Congrats on the five mile run!!

Well we leave for our cruise in just 3 more days and by this time on Saturday we will be getting ready to sail away on the Fantasy! :sail:

It sounds like you made the best of your weekend that you could under the circumstances. :goodvibes That kitty is so tiny!

Awesome job!!! :cheer2: Have you thought any more about what runDisney race you want to do?

Sounds like you had a nice weekend even if it was around sad circumstances.
The kitten is so cute :

It doesn't sound right that Starbucks/Target where Allison worked did thing to alienate and pressure her into quitting. I'm glad she stood up for herself and quited the job. Crossing my fingers that her quiting won't cause trouble getting a new job.

I hope your day at Target goes fast.

Ulf is outside changing the tires on my car now. It's about time because today when I went out around 1pm it was frost on the grass. I even put my autumn jacket and winter shoes on for the first time this season. I have only had a sweater on outside after coming home from the USA. Even if the temperatures in October has been around 41ºF

I know - the kitties were so adorable... their little nails were like extra sharp/fine needles.

Yes - I am not saying Allison was the best employee ever - but I do feel like she was mostly justified in leaving the way she did - even though I would never really condone leaving a job without notice.

Thanks - it went OK... I am anxious to get back to work here at home, I have a lot of work to catch up on today and tomorrow.

Way to go Ulf! :) That is so nice that he does that for you!!! He is such a nice guy! :)

Glad things went well. Sorry about Allison and her job. That is terrible that she had to go through that. You've raised great girls so I'm sure she'll find something, especially with the holidays coming up. Congrats on the 5 miles!!! Way to go.

Thanks - yes, it was really rough over these last few weeks. I do hope she finds something soon though.

Thanks - I am excited about it, although my calf is still a little bit sore this morning.

I know what you mean! Since I have joined those groups I have bought WAY more skirts. I just sold a bunch and and trying hard to cut back. It's an addiction for sure! And an expensive one...but I justify it by reminding myself that running is my main hobby and the skirt prices are on par with what you'd pay for a good pair of running capris...and when you add in the skirt pockets I think that makes them worth it. At least that's what I tell myself...

Oh, a Minnie Mouse sketch skirt, you say? Could it be this one (i.e. mine)? :lovestruc
kelEZVZgIr6D5ueVp3DsB-JTs3JTzoKwdAjRVTPSk2bjZEn8tv3uY1lVelFya1wRb66uXv39VHXY1AYhgpqhO5ebMhA-WfQAUfMiMoVxBOj1ndkzMGJuvYN7VAxo79ifNx7TdyvVtJfYkmCv1wpzUZz-ugqTXNhFdqCih9Ql4hxfJC2TSuk7zF1KYJu_pe4HYR41QnyFfjAnOC9w9cjdGsvLZbwtY9mcY0b-8lwhhS6STl1yLwwo_Hd9bI8QIUtSOu-78bfBi8yWxnaKsi9CvwbZ42TWnk7adR5hKsMejfmW50nHTV09t6DymgUPCShiKlQHqZLDT0aJv46Q2DHBpyQRPRFBsRJ-tXAOmgbR0ROLEvCjCy3gAWIFBv9F2bVQtDRj0uY9u2uHBzkAHJf2V4_HaTSK918f53I3NV362mYqKDBMTrawqfxa8k0oIx56fPPW4L27lILmuSqKwaU0sKRxsQvdaDEuVzMPiMalhpYXweas3rujdb-ux1uMVqEVPFaeQfq_r9fQgY6KEhWSLW1CP2saOsicwIbyoEfJvrjZ=w1274-h955-no

Oh my gosh!!! YES!!!! That is the exact skirt I was seeing!!! How did you get that one??? Please do tell!!!! :scratchin

Well, I don't think I could justify having a ton of them - but I really would like to add a few more to my collection... Since I definitely cannot wear them in the winter here - they would only be appropriate for 3 seasons... but still... I think I am going to wear my red one when I go out running today... Even though it still smells like a hint of vinegar. ::yes:: I do think that having a good 4/5 of them would be appropriate... I definitely want to get purple and Peek a Minnie... And possibly royal blue too. Hmmm... That would have me up to 4, and that's just for the basic ones. LOL - I might have to reevaluate that number. :scratchin

those running skirts are so cute.

Hope you target day went by fast and you are able to get your run in this afternnon

I know - I just love that one above - I want it!~ LOL

Thanks - Target went OK, but I did not get my run in... Today I will though. :woohoo:

I can testify to this...
es because of the sacowapiee river shirt!
NEXT MONTH!
Disney better watch OUT!

Hehehe... Yes - I have a strange shoe problem... ::yes::

I know - I know... This is going to be such a FUN trip - I cannot wait!!!!!!!

I am so sorry for your foster dad's mom. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.
Love the new sneakers and the girls just look adorable in their outfits.

My daughter LOVED her color run AND was she covered in color; hair, face, ears, hands, sneakers, clothes, socks....... Glad I had to sit out on this one. LOL

Have a great day!!!

Thank you Lynee!

Thanks - I know I don't get to post many pictures of them anymore, it seems like they are always running out the door - with out me. :(

Yay!!! I am so glad you dd had so much fun!!! I do hope to do a color run some day. ::yes::

Thank you - you too!

Thank you!!! No problem lol - My name is Alison, same as your daughter except she spells it with 2 Ls!

Same here in my house! Yeah I hope they keep it too - it was such a nice surprise addition, considering how old the movie is, but it is still very popular.

That food looks/sounds delicious - hope you and your cousin enjoyed it!

That is amazing! Congrats!

Oh my gosh. How cute.

Good for her. No one should be treated like that at a job. I would do the same thing. Minimum wage isn't high enough to deal with that stress!:

I know - it's one of those days for me too - I would love to sleep all day, but I have plenty that needs to get done!: Enjoy the day!

I knew that!!! As soon as you wrote it - I was like "doh"... I swear the last few days have been a fog for me, my mind has been so preoccupied with life - and then knowing I am behind upstairs has been stressing on me too. Thanks for the reminder though. :)

Yes - I was just telling the girls last night, that we should dig it out and watch it... They tried to use the excuse that it's "too early" in October yet... And I was like "what?" - seriously - they used to watch this movie in JUNE. LOL It's definitely my favorite Halloween movie of all time.

Travis and I enjoyed the Red Onion immensely - as we were driving away, we contemplated turning around and going back. LOL

Exactly - I just hope she is able to find something else soon... I know her co-workers are willing to give her a good reference - so that will help.

I hope you were able to get some rest yesterday... 2 nights in a row sleeping in my own bed felt really good, I think I am almost caught up now. LOL

Thanks - you too!!!!

Late to the party, per usual. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I despise them as well but sometimes it's the only chance I have to see all of my family in one location. I'm exactly like you in that I avoid the casket at all costs. I've been like that since I was a teenager. I would prefer to remember my loved ones as full of life, not in a casket.

Congrats on your 5 miles! That is so awesome. There are days when I wish I could get into running. Then there are other days when I can barely drag myself to do my Zumba workouts. lol

That's a bummer about Allison but I agree with you. No one should be treated like a lower class human for a job. I worked for Target my junior/senior year in high school. Things got so bad there that I turned in my 2 week notice just before graduation. They had enough gall to call me at my graduation party to tell me I was fired & that they had found someone to cover my last 3 days there. Needless to say, I laughed at them & hung up the phone. It just so happens that my 1 year anniversary fell into that time frame as well so in order to pick up my last paycheck, I had to have my yearly review (keep in mind, they had already "fired" me). Of course, I got a glowing review (NOT!!!) but because I hadn't had a chance to use any of my vacation, they had to pay me all of it so I guess I kind of got the last laugh. I was never so glad to leave a job in all my life.

Hope you had a good day at work and take it easy on your legs. Your body will let you know if you need to rest!

Yes - I agree completely... I would much rather remember my loved ones full of life.

LOL - I always wanted to be a runner, so I guess I am still shocked and still trying to "prove to myself" that I can do it. It's fun to always achieve some new goal every day - I know one day, those achievements will space out further and further, but for now - I am really just enjoying this. I love Zumba too - but I stopped doing it a few years ago, the class I went to stopped because the leader moved - so I just never made the effort to find another class.

And I am certain - that is the EXACT reason that Allison did not give a notice... She was afraid, if she did, they would just turn around and fire her - it was getting that bad. I am so sorry that they treated you that way... I do mostly enjoy working for them - as much as anyone can "enjoy" a job... but I am VERY ashamed at how Allison was treated, and I am having a very hard time staying there myself.

Thanks! My calf is still sore this morning - I didn't end up running yesterday - it was sore in the morning, but as I moved around on it all day - it loosened up. I just ran out of time, so opted to take another day off of running. I will go out this afternoon. ::yes::

I'm with you on funerals....but glad you were able to at least be there for support.

So sorry to hear about Allison's job issues. While I would also never advocate quitting without notice, I will admit that when people are treating you very badly and aren't respectful, sometimes it may be the best option. Sometimes giving notice can only prolong the agony and make things worse for you. Hope she finds something else soon!

Congrats on the five mile run!!

Well we leave for our cruise in just 3 more days and by this time on Saturday we will be getting ready to sail away on the Fantasy!

Yes - funerals are not something I enjoy at all.

Yes, exactly - I was not happy that she quit without notice, butt sometimes, I guess it's necessary - or at least unavoidable. I think she *could* have given notice in this case, but it was very possible that things may have gotten worse. Oh well, it's over now and she has to figure out where she is going to work. Thankfully, she was a Target employee - so she can easily go to Starbucks and possibly get a job. We'll see.

Thanks - I am pretty proud of that run - and about 4 miles of it was on gravel, so even more difficult - IMO. ::yes::

:woohoo: That is AWESOME!!!!!! So excited for you! Have a great trip!!!!! :eek:

It sounds like you made the best of your weekend that you could under the circumstances. :goodvibes That kitty is so tiny!

Awesome job!!! Have you thought any more about what runDisney race you want to do?

I did - we had a fun weekend... It was definitely a celebration of life. Lots of tears at the ceremony, but otherwise - I think we were all determined to have a good time. ::yes::

I am considering - seriously - the Princess Half. I'd like to do the regular WDW Marathon weekend, but I've heard that Marathon weekend is considered "a little more serious" than the Princess - and the Princess is a great first time run... So, I think that is the one I am aiming for. I am determined that my very first half will be done in Disney - and I am pretty sure I could reach 13.1 before 2017... but I will take it slow and just enjoy this time of learning and running. For now - I guess my ultimate goal for next summer, is to hit the 10 mile mark. I am still not sure how winter running is going to go for me... I do have a "walking pass" at the high school - which runners are allowed... but I am not sure I could take an hour of running in circles - however - I guess the alternative of a treadmill sounds worse. LOL So - yes - I think I am planning on the Princess Half 2017 right now. ::yes:: :woohoo: If I can even get in?

***************************************************************************************

I really don't have much to report from yesterday....

I worked at Target all day.... It was uneventful. No one really said anything to me about Allison - Target is good about keeping things like this under wraps, to their credit.

Although - while I was at work, I realized that there was also a Cartwheel for 20% off of C9 bottoms... :woohoo: I had just purchased a pair of clearance running capris before work - they were marked at 50% off, but when I was checking out, they were mis-marked and actually 70% off... So, I got my employee 10% + 20% + 5% and I would have got another 20% with Cartwheel... So, after work, I returned them and repurchased them with Cartwheel... (for the record, normally this isn't allowed, but there is no way Target can give price adjustments/missed coupons with the Cartwheel app - they only way to get credit is to return and rebuy) I think I ended up paying approx. $3 for that pair of $30 running capris. Score! So, I need to go to a bigger Target store when I am out grocery shopping this weekend to see if there are any other great deals like that. I cannot pass up $3 running pants - even if their quality isn't the greatest - it's good enough for me right now. And I am finding that I can wear running capris for 3 seasons - as I am staying plenty warm in them still... Although - the Sparkle Skirts would be much better to run in during summer - I just didn't find out about them while it was still hot enough to enjoy having my legs free. :scratchin Trying to plan running clothes is such a difficult process - because there is NO way you can determine how hot/cold you'll be by your comfy temp when you leave the house. ::yes::

Anyways... I did not go out for my run yesterday. I took too long after work, and to be honest - I was a little cranky. I had to rush home and get dinner going right away, and then it would have been too late/dark to run... And since my calf was still bugging me a little bit from Sunday's run - I decided that I would just run this afternoon. It works out anyways - because my lifting days are *off* too this week.

Today... I will be lifting shortly.... I need to be speedy about it - because I have a lot to get done today.

I will be in my sewing room all day - trying to catch up from not working this weekend. I have one side project that I must complete today, and I also have a custom order I need to get to work on. I will be working at some point this weekend.

Then - I will go for a run before the girls get home from school. I am hoping to wear my red Sparkle Skirt (even though it still smells faintly of vinegar - is this normal?) and my new running shoes - just to make sure I still like them. ::yes:: Even though - they do NOT match at all. LOL

It should be a great day today!

I hope you all have a wonderful day - prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Oh my gosh!!! YES!!!! That is the exact skirt I was seeing!!! How did you get that one??? Please do tell!!!! :scratchin
Someone posted the link to the fabric, which was on eBay, and I snagged it. It came to my house and I sent it in to make an individual custom (I had enough for my BFF to get one made too - hers matches mine). The eBay seller was LYCRA4SALE
Well, I don't think I could justify having a ton of them - but I really would like to add a few more to my collection... Since I definitely cannot wear them in the winter here - they would only be appropriate for 3 seasons... but still... I think I am going to wear my red one when I go out running today... Even though it still smells like a hint of vinegar. ::yes:: I do think that having a good 4/5 of them would be appropriate... I definitely want to get purple and Peek a Minnie... And possibly royal blue too. Hmmm... That would have me up to 4, and that's just for the basic ones. LOL - I might have to reevaluate that number. :scratchin
I didn't think I could justify having as many as I do...and yet...

Though I WILL say, I don't have near as many as some of the other ladies in the Facebook groups! :eek: Awhile back SparkleSkirts posted a picture on their Facebook page from a lady who has 116 SparkleSkirts! :faint: Yowza!

Also...you CAN wear them in the winter. People wear tights or capris under them. I have seamless fleece-lined leggings from Walgreens ($6-$7 per pair - need to grab a few more soon) that I put on first, then put the skirt over the leggings. That way you still get the pockets!

(sorry my pictures are posting so gigantically...)
PPi0zkWBxKgMXQiAg4nNqIYmZsH6W2pPujn6QrY8jiHcLQNKypLO9tmzKDdv9bH4SE4bDq4f8HauCsKIXNfBfpRLquUHE_ztHBDU039K6gNYI1G7dsbTI4GW5RIxdBC1rIHfmojHo-4iCXq8G3foHAYlFXmdADMKOmj0DvzzwTKtdbcvtFls8PtfTgUhE05W5g_5C870wFUFKM-NJlSg74kRn82CfvRhKImJrJimLnMsg73AzKLEQFOj7gt5g26PIfiAPzPgMcbxjRtAg6XZqFTI8rgzze-hSPEUIl--BoqsUrjSG4vUG6qQkOpms0ePQOXJPGjn4R0ht2gGuK_wutlIfXeHIfZ8ROoQzkj5jbF2YoMg1_lGxh29r5qEVK5xepEMW15uTht9LI5iEcQ-ch_j7giTyYPuhkOcxoMqpVOUPl46Y7UNaF-syfl2BF21aujlpcSEyNSmjwYnkrmzs2ogZuKiErYQBeCWdz_UxU_2Sctof0zl4uJftnEnyFO-_O1mouJxb-AENtgvlMOWgbUjT0BmcJVthUrqfSvmkZFy=w1274-h955-no

Then - I will go for a run before the girls get home from school. I am hoping to wear my red Sparkle Skirt (even though it still smells faintly of vinegar - is this normal?) and my new running shoes - just to make sure I still like them. ::yes:: Even though - they do NOT match at all. LOL
Um...yeah. Haha. My husband refers to it as "smelling like a salad." I feel like it should go away after a few washes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter