~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

What ^^ she said about linking your ticket. If you have any questions, you can contact me (or another friend of yours...you know who I am talking about), as it is similar to how we have to attach our tickets to MDE.

I also decided to go for a run... It was super windy here yesterday, so I debated on even going, but I knew I needed to. I have my Thanksgiving 8k one week from today, and I haven't run in a week +... So, it's necessary that I do all of my runs up until that race, regardless of weather. So, I drove in to town and I did 3 miles in the pouring rain... My shoes were sponges by the time I was done - but I was happy that I did it, even if I was sopping wet. ::yes::
Good for you for getting the run in, even in the rain! Wow, it seems as Thanksgiving is coming so quick! It's kind of hard to believe...

Soooo.... Now I have to figure out how to add it to my MDE account and then she will be able to use her MB from last year. I am hoping to figure that out today. Has anyone ever done this?
i have never personally done it from a physical ticket, but I did do it from digital tickets, but from what I've read on the DIS, you just take the number on the back of the tickets, and make sure it links to Allison's name, and to just make sure the MB is linked correctly I believe. I could be wrong but I think this is how it works...
I am getting very close to having enough $$ to pay off this trip... I have $$ set aside in savings for our hotel and our town car service. Allison's ticket is purchased and paid for, and of course - I have an AP, so my ticket is covered. Since my AP was upgraded to an Platinum AP when I activated it - I was given Memory Maker for free - so I don't have to worry about purchasing that for any of my upcoming trips this year. :woohoo:
WOW! You got upgraded to a Platinum AP?! That's great!

Sounds like you busy day yesterday.
Looks like your planning for your January trip is going well. How great that you got to buy the tickets you need when you were at WDW.
I can't wait to see what bag you are going to make for Universal Studios.

I didn't notice that we had gotten snow the night to yesterday until I went out the door for my therapy riding class. Today it has been snowing again. So I guess winter is here. Which is very late.

I read your blog entry and your transformation is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself. I can't believe you ran in the rain the day after getting back. That is some determination and drive you have! I pray you can be at peace with your accomplishments and not focus on what you wish to change. You are an incredible inspiration. I hope you stay positive.

Glad you made it back home safely and had a great trip! I have subscribed to the TR so I'll check in there soon.

Sports bras are the DEBIL!!!

3470075746767be2347b100cbe736c2f.jpg

They never look good under clothes but man, oh man, are they comfy. I hope you're not beating yourself up too hard about it. We all have those days. :hug:

Oh boy, two trips back to back, how incredible is that??? You work so hard, and it is great to see you reap the rewards!

All of the "newness" involved in planning (magic bands, digital fastpasses, etc) make me so stinking nervous!! It seems like last week when we were all sitting in the Cheesecake Factory passing Ariana's magic band around oohing and aaahing over it, LOL! BUT, it is a nervousness I WILL get past quickly, because we get to book our trip in just a week and a half!!!!

First of all, yes our January trip is on - 16-23 and we are staying at Old Key West.
Secondly, bloat - it is the bane of women!!! HA HA! My suggestion is to try drinking hot lemon water in the morning, and if you still feel uncomfortable later in the day, drink another cup. Just heat a cup of water and squeeze 1/4 - 1/2 lemon into it. You can also use ReaLemon if you want instead of real lemons. One of my must do's is to eat something every 2 hours through out the day. It does not have to be a meal, just a piece of fruit, veggies, or some protein. My eating plan also calls for adding in dairy, but I don't think you are consuming dairy??, and a starch each day. I confess that I have a hard time with adding in the starch - I just don't eat much of it any longer.

Also, one final piece of advice and a comment - ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS???? go look at the pictures you have posted on your blog - up at the top and then compare it to the selfie you took in the airport bathroom. There is just no comparison. There is nothing you can do about the excess skin, short of plastic surgery, but you CANNOT let that ruin your outlook. As others have said, you have come a long way and have been an inspiration to many others.

Looking forward to seeing you in January!

So, I drove in to town and I did 3 miles in the pouring rain... My shoes were sponges by the time I was done - but I was happy that I did it, even if I was sopping wet. ::yes::
Good for you. Your Sugoi jacket is really cute. ;) I took a walk in the rain, umbrella and all. It felt great. :)

Since my AP was upgraded to an Platinum AP when I activated it - I was given Memory Maker for free - so I don't have to worry about purchasing that for any of my upcoming trips this year. :woohoo:
I'm really glad that they gave you the Platinum AP with the Memory Maker. I read that AP's purchased before Oct 5th would not be eligible for an upgrade and I didn't know when you had bought yours. We renewed our AP's for our Jan trip and the discount for renewal is pretty good.

Did you wear your FitBit in Disney?

Good luck getting back on track with your life goals. You've done great so far. But no more cheating on your diet. ;)

When you picked up the military salute ticket, it should have a long number -- that is the number that you put into MDE. We used military salute tickets on our trip in August and that's the number that we linked and it went absolutely fine -- no problems.

What would be a good resource for me to find more information about Whole30?

Yup - got it all done... I was just a little nervous about entering those numbers into the system, because I was afraid it would assign the ticket to me and not to Allison - but once I looked at the bottom of the page on MDE and noticed the order of things, I added the numbers first - then I assigned the ticket.... So, it was easy peasy. Her ticket is now packed and so is her Magic Band. ::yes::

What ^^ she said about linking your ticket. If you have any questions, you can contact me (or another friend of yours...you know who I am talking about), as it is similar to how we have to attach our tickets to MDE.

THanks for your help the other morning Lynn - I was able to get it figured out. And literally - 10 minutes later, my internet went down for 36 hours - which is not fun. At the same time, I am having phone issues, so I had barely any service on my phone. It kind of sucked. LOL

Good for you for getting the run in, even in the rain! Wow, it seems as Thanksgiving is coming so quick! It's kind of hard to believe...

i have never personally done it from a physical ticket, but I did do it from digital tickets, but from what I've read on the DIS, you just take the number on the back of the tickets, and make sure it links to Allison's name, and to just make sure the MB is linked correctly I believe. I could be wrong but I think this is how it works...

WOW! You got upgraded to a Platinum AP?! That's great!

Thanks Alison! I k now - it's crazy! I am glad you said that though - because it reminded me, I should probably go get a turkey? :scratchin

I was able to get it figured out - I was just worried that it would automatically go to me, and I don't need one. LOL But once I read the bottom of the page and saw that the next step was to "assign" - I was a little less apprehensive. I now have Allison's ticket entered and her Magic Band packed. :woohoo:

I know - I was really excited about that! It will probably be my only ever AP, so I am going to enjoy the fact that I have it. ::yes::

Sounds like you busy day yesterday.
Looks like your planning for your January trip is going well. How great that you got to buy the tickets you need when you were at WDW.
I can't wait to see what bag you are going to make for Universal Studios.

I didn't notice that we had gotten snow the night to yesterday until I went out the door for my therapy riding class. Today it has been snowing again. So I guess winter is here. Which is very late.

Yes - I am making progress... Still a little nervous about having enough $$ with us for food, but I will get there, and it will be OK.

Well - It will likely be a HP bag, since that's all we are planning to do there. :D

No snow here yet - but my system sure got a shock the other morning when I went out in capris and a sweatshirt. LOL Nothing like going from beautiful 70-80-90° weather to the 20-30° I get to enjoy now. LOL And it will only get worse....

I read your blog entry and your transformation is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself. I can't believe you ran in the rain the day after getting back. That is some determination and drive you have! I pray you can be at peace with your accomplishments and not focus on what you wish to change. You are an incredible inspiration. I hope you stay positive.

Thank you.... I try so hard to see the progress, but it's just a total mental game - and a hard one.... It's so hard to see how far I've come when I feel like I have so far to go yet and not making any progress to get there. It's almost as if, if I allow myself to be at peace with where I am and how I look, that would be like giving myself permission to give up? Does that make sense? But if I stay focused and continue to try - at least (I hope) I won't slide backwards.

And I love that I inspire people, but sometimes it's pretty stressful - however, I wouldn't want it any other way. By inspiring people, I feel like I am not only accountable to myself, but also to all of you - so I try harder. :lovestruc

Glad you made it back home safely and had a great trip! I have subscribed to the TR so I'll check in there soon.

Sports bras are the DEBIL!!!

View attachment 136147

They never look good under clothes but man, oh man, are they comfy. I hope you're not beating yourself up too hard about it. We all have those days.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the TR... I am having so much fun writing it an telling you all about it. It was a fabulous trip!

Hahaha... Yes - yes they are. I am so picky about mine, because they need to be super supportive - if I know my ta-tas are there, then the bra isn't working - IMO.... And no uni-boob for me either... So, I spend a LOT of $$ on my sports bras... But wow - that picture really threw me for a loop. I still need to get past it, but I am trying hard. ::yes:: It helps immensely to get back into my lifestyle just as soon as I get home... There is a lot of guilt that comes with vacationing, and enjoying yourself - I feel like I do so much better, and I feel so much better if I really concentrate on getting right back to it immediately - which I have done, and I am feeling much better. :thumbsup2 It's amazing the difference that a day or two can make.

Oh boy, two trips back to back, how incredible is that??? You work so hard, and it is great to see you reap the rewards!

All of the "newness" involved in planning (magic bands, digital fastpasses, etc) make me so stinking nervous!! It seems like last week when we were all sitting in the Cheesecake Factory passing Ariana's magic band around oohing and aaahing over it, LOL! BUT, it is a nervousness I WILL get past quickly, because we get to book our trip in just a week and a half!!!!

Oh Connie... You have NO IDEA how wonderful it is to see you here, my original Disboard friend. :hug: I have missed you so much!!! But I've been following your life on FB - and what a wonderful life it's becoming!!! So many great and amazing things for you and your family! I couldn't be happier for all of you! And those kids - like mine - they are just growing up too fast. :lovestruc I cannot wait to follow you on your next family adventure! Welcome back, my friend! :hug:

And, as a side note.... Keeping this post on a Disney topic... :woohoo: for being able to book your trip next week!

First of all, yes our January trip is on - 16-23 and we are staying at Old Key West.
Secondly, bloat - it is the bane of women!!! HA HA! My suggestion is to try drinking hot lemon water in the morning, and if you still feel uncomfortable later in the day, drink another cup. Just heat a cup of water and squeeze 1/4 - 1/2 lemon into it. You can also use ReaLemon if you want instead of real lemons. One of my must do's is to eat something every 2 hours through out the day. It does not have to be a meal, just a piece of fruit, veggies, or some protein. My eating plan also calls for adding in dairy, but I don't think you are consuming dairy??, and a starch each day. I confess that I have a hard time with adding in the starch - I just don't eat much of it any longer.

Also, one final piece of advice and a comment - ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS???? go look at the pictures you have posted on your blog - up at the top and then compare it to the selfie you took in the airport bathroom. There is just no comparison. There is nothing you can do about the excess skin, short of plastic surgery, but you CANNOT let that ruin your outlook. As others have said, you have come a long way and have been an inspiration to many others.

Looking forward to seeing you in January!

I am soooo excited to see you in January - and even more excited for you to meet Allison!!!! I hope that we are able to spend some time together... We should coordinate an afternoon or a few hours or something. :thumbsup2

You know me too well... Water with lemon - that's pretty much all I ever drink. Oh - that and Jamba Juice. ;) Soooo bad, yet oh so good! ::yes::

Well - at the moment - I am trying to avoid dairy and grains.... My friend Lisa mentioned, before I left, that dairy tends to have a bloating effect on her dd - and to be honest - I've been dealing with bloating for several weeks.... And it very well could be the dairy, or the grains? Once I started running - I added a peanut butter bagel to my diet about an hour before my runs... Then a glass of chocolate milk after... However - I was taking liberties with this, and having probably more chocolate milk than I should have.... So, now I am back to being super strict - following a Whole30 as much as I can... Again, my only exception is before and after runs - but those amounts are strictly measured now, vs. before when they weren't. So, I am hoping in the next few days, to see some of this bloat disappear. It seems to be better already.

I know - I know.... In the grand scheme of things - I really have come so far.... but I have such a hard time looking at the big picture, and I seem to concentrate on how things have been moving in the last year... And that's the part I am struggling so hard with. It's so hard to describe. I am very confident in myself and who I am, but I just wish - in the last year - I would have made more progress for as hard as I work. Looking at pictures from my August 2014 trip and this trip, I don't see a lot of difference... I am wearing the same clothes and the same sizes. But in the same breath - I see a difference in my upper body... Especially my face/neck/shoulder area... So, I am trying hard to concentrate on that. :thumbsup2 I just wish my waist/behind/hips would follow suit. ::yes:: I must remember that I am very healthy and I am able to do so many things that I never dreamed I could do before.

Good for you. Your Sugoi jacket is really cute. ;) I took a walk in the rain, umbrella and all. It felt great.

I'm really glad that they gave you the Platinum AP with the Memory Maker. I read that AP's purchased before Oct 5th would not be eligible for an upgrade and I didn't know when you had bought yours. We renewed our AP's for our Jan trip and the discount for renewal is pretty good.

Did you wear your FitBit in Disney?

Good luck getting back on track with your life goals. You've done great so far. But no more cheating on your diet.

Thank you - I love it! It's hard to get a good picture of it in selfie mode.... The only thing I don't like about it - is that it's super tight around the hips - but fits perfectly everywhere else/if not too big... But it's so tight around my hips, that I have to lift it up to my waist to zip it, then once it's zipped, I have to shimmy it down to where it's supposed to be. But it's comfortable, and mostly water proof.

db6590f3-4c48-495a-97f2-a331ffb76ed1.jpg
fed30090-d023-4e0f-894f-c4f3103d809f.jpg

(sorry for the massive pictures...)

It was kind of fun to jump through the puddles on my run though - I felt rather kid-like. ::yes::

I can't remember when I purchased my AP? I think it was honestly at the beginning of September? I do think though, they had to give me something comparable to what I purchased - and I think the platinum AP is the closest? Someone mentioned to me, that it's impossible for them to do the AP without Memory Maker now, because of how their system is set up. In the end, I got LUCKY - very, very lucky.... And I will enjoy it immensely, because I am pretty sure I will never have another one. ::yes::

I did wear my Fitbit in Disney - every day!!! I was very shocked and impressed with some of our numbers! I took screen shots of every day, so I plan to work those into my TR somewhere.

Thanks!!! Yes - no CHEATING!!!!! You are right... I really need to concentrate and be strict with myself - that's the only way this is going to work in my favor.

Thank you for your blog entry!!

You are very welcome! :hug:

*****************************************************************************************************

Already, I am feeling stressed with two sets of replies to reply to... And with my internet being down all day yesterday and the day before - it really piled stuff on to my plate.... I am hoping to catch up with replies this morning in both my TR and PTR. Well - the PTR is now done... So, just the TR now. :D

I have not worked in my sewing room hardly at all since I've been home.... I am pretty disappointed in myself for this - because I must get these items done asap. My brain just isn't into it at the moment.

I am trying very hard to focus on making healthy choices, and that seems to be consuming my last few days. But it's important that I take care of myself right now, otherwise I risk falling back into old ways - which won't happen.

I was also supposed to go for a run yesterday, and I had every intention of doing so... But I had to run to town to get groceries, and then I realized that NEXT WEEK is Thanksgiving!!! :eek: I knew that - but I didn't register it in my brain. So, I dug out my Thanksgiving recipes and lists (I keep them year after year, make life easier... I have a "master" grocery list... All of my Thanksgiving recipes are kept in one place, and I have a list of which dish I make ahead on which day, and also a list of which dish gets put in which dish....) It's a process, but I am glad I've kept these notes, because it makes weeks like this easier on me. Anyways... I not only did regular grocery shopping yesterday, but also Thanksgiving grocery shopping - minus the turkey and potatoes, because I think those will be cheaper next week.

By the time I was done, it was time to pick the girls up from school... Then Allison started her new job yesterday, so I was rushing around trying to get everything home and put away before she had to leave with my car.... It was a little crazy!

Sooo... By that time, it was dark.... There is NOT enough light in the day right now. Sigh.

Buuuut.... By the time I got home and had everything put away - my internet was back on... So, I did TWO updates in my TR. :woohoo:

And then I was lazy for the rest of the night.

Today... OK....

This morning, I am meeting up with 2 of my cousins... I am very excited about this - I am close to both of them, and even though they live nearby, I rarely get to see them... Sadly - I think it's been several years at this point. My one cousin also has my Grandmother's sewing machine to give me - I am incredibly excited about this... He told me that it's missing some pieces though - so I hope I am able to replace them.

After that, I am planning to have my running clothes either on me (under my sweats and sweatshirt) or with me, if I decide to wear something else - then I am hoping to park at bff's house and run in her town today - even though today is supposed to be my day off. Even if I can squeeze in a short run - I would be happy with that. Just something.

I also need to work today... Really, I do. So, that's on my list as well. Wish me luck! ::yes::

Ok - I better get a move on it... I am sort of on a time schedule and I want to get a start on/finish replies in my TR this morning too!

Have a great weekend everyone!!! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

I was also supposed to go for a run yesterday, and I had every intention of doing so... But I had to run to town to get groceries, and then I realized that NEXT WEEK is Thanksgiving!!! :eek: I knew that - but I didn't register it in my brain. So, I dug out my Thanksgiving recipes and lists (I keep them year after year, make life easier... I have a "master" grocery list... All of my Thanksgiving recipes are kept in one place, and I have a list of which dish I make ahead on which day, and also a list of which dish gets put in which dish....) It's a process, but I am glad I've kept these notes, because it makes weeks like this easier on me. Anyways... I not only did regular grocery shopping yesterday, but also Thanksgiving grocery shopping - minus the turkey and potatoes, because I think those will be cheaper next week.
I spent part this morning search the computer and google drive for my thanksgiving list. only found for 2011 - and it looks like that was the year my MIL hosted at my house and ordered the whole dinner in. I was detailed with sizes of everything and cooking instructions.
I'm trying to decide if i'm making a soup or not. Going to serve the meal buffet style, and soup throws the timing off. Plus i'm not sure my big soup pot is big enough to make soup for 25 people. Not to mention timing of everything since my SIL is going in to be induced tuesday night, so will be at the hospital wednesday evening with her.
My one cousin also has my Grandmother's sewing machine to give me - I am incredibly excited about this... He told me that it's missing some pieces though - so I hope I am able to replace them.
How exciting. Can't wait to see it!
After that, I am planning to have my running clothes either on me (under my sweats and sweatshirt) or with me, if I decide to wear something else - then I am hoping to park at bff's house and run in her town today - even though today is supposed to be my day off. Even if I can squeeze in a short run - I would be happy with that. Just something.
Hope you are able to get your run in today.

Sounds like you have a lot to do.
Are you having anyone for dinner on Thanksgiving? In Norway we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. But many people talked this year about how they wished that we had adopted Thanksgiving instead of Halloween. :)

I hope you have a great time with 2 of your cousins today. How exciting that you will get your Grandmother's sewing machine. Crossing my fingers that you will be able to replace the missing peaces.

Sooo... By that time, it was dark.... There is NOT enough light in the day right now. Sigh.
Sorry but I had to laugh reading this since today was the last day we could see the sun in Tromsø. It won't be totally dark 24 hours a day but it will be dark 22 hours a day with some dusk around noon.

Take care of your self, it's not worth it not doing it and then falling back into old ways :hug:

This morning at 7am the weather man had measured almost 6 inch of snow in Tromsø. Today when Ulf and I was outside geocaching in the snow it didn't snow outside, but now it's snowing again. So I'm excited to find out how much snow we will have tomorrow.

All week I've been thinking that I should call my ergotherapist to hear if she have heard anything about my electrical wheel and if she have sent the application for a new electrical (big) wheelchair. Well I never came around to call her. But on Friday morning she called me. I asked her about the electrical wheel for my manual wheelchair and she was shocked that I still hadn't got it. She then apologized that she hadn't sent the application for the big electrical wheelchair before this week but she has been sick with the flu. It's a good thing it's been sent now at least. She also asked how it's going with my new car. I told her the whole story about how Tromsø didn't know about the rules and that they finally now know the correct rules and that my case should go forward now.
My plan for next week is to go to the car dealer and ask the questions I have about the car that NAV couldn't give me. So when the papers comes in the mail I can approve them and add the things I want to pay for myself and then the car finally can be ordered.

I was able to get it figured out - I was just worried that it would automatically go to me, and I don't need one. LOL But once I read the bottom of the page and saw that the next step was to "assign" - I was a little less apprehensive. I now have Allison's ticket entered and her Magic Band packed. :woohoo:
That is great! I am so happy you got everything figured out and set! I always feel so good when I get stuff done for a trip.
I know - I was really excited about that! It will probably be my only ever AP, so I am going to enjoy the fact that I have it. ::yes::
Of course! :)
I know honestly it just seemed to pop out of no where! Wow that's great you have all those lists and notes. It must make your life so much easier!

I hope you enjoyed seeing your cousins and had a nice run!

I spent part this morning search the computer and google drive for my thanksgiving list. only found for 2011 - and it looks like that was the year my MIL hosted at my house and ordered the whole dinner in. I was detailed with sizes of everything and cooking instructions.
I'm trying to decide if i'm making a soup or not. Going to serve the meal buffet style, and soup throws the timing off. Plus i'm not sure my big soup pot is big enough to make soup for 25 people. Not to mention timing of everything since my SIL is going in to be induced tuesday night, so will be at the hospital wednesday evening with her.

How exciting. Can't wait to see it!

Hope you are able to get your run in today.

Well, I am glad you found something, so you have an idea of where to start. I keep most of my recipes and lists together in one of my recipe books. However - my lists which state which foods go into which dish and which day to make which food - those are taped inside my cupboard door all year long. :thumbsup2 So, those are easy to find. ;)

Have you decided on the soup yet? My guess is that most people will have a small bowl of soup - so maybe you don't have to plan for a full serving for everyone? I know - for me - at holiday meals, I take smaller portions so I can try everything, then by the time I finish eating those - I am pretty full. ::yes::

Sounds like you have a lot to do.
Are you having anyone for dinner on Thanksgiving? In Norway we don't celebrate sgiving. But many people talked this year about how they wished that we had adopted Thanksgiving instead of Halloween.
I hope you have a great time with 2 of your cousins today. How exciting that you will get your Grandmother's sewing machine. Crossing my fingers that you will be able to replace the missing peaces.

Sorry but I had to laugh reading this since today was the last day we could see the sun in Tromsø. It won't be totally dark 24 hours a day but it will be dark 22 hours a day with some dusk around noon.

Take care of your self, it's not worth it not doing it and then falling back into old ways :hug:

This morning at 7am the weather man had measured almost 6 inch of snow in Tromsø. Today when Ulf and I was outside geocaching in the snow it didn't snow outside, but now it's snowing again. So I'm excited to find out how much snow we will have tomorrow.

All week I've been thinking that I should call my ergotherapist to hear if she have heard anything about my electrical wheel and if she have sent the application for a new electrical (big) wheelchair. Well I never came around to call her. But on Friday morning she called me. I asked her about the electrical wheel for my manual wheelchair and she was shocked that I still hadn't got it. She then apologized that she hadn't sent the application for the big electrical wheelchair before this week but she has been sick with the flu. It's a good thing it's been sent now at least. She also asked how it's going with my new car. I told her the whole story about how Tromsø didn't know about the rules and that they finally now know the correct rules and that my case should go forward now.
My plan for next week is to go to the car dealer and ask the questions I have about the car that NAV couldn't give me. So when the papers comes in the mail I can approve them and add the things I want to pay for myself and then the car finally can be ordered.

Well - I think Gus will be here? It's too difficult to get my dad/brother down here - sadly... And since i have to do a race that morning - it's too difficult to go there, especially if we have to bring all of the food with us. I feel horrible about that - but Thanksgiving is just one of those holidays where it's impossible to make the logistics work.

I'll say more about it below... but I am very excited to have received a HUGE gift from my cousin... Not only the sewing machine... but a few other items that are SO meaningful to me!

I am glad that things are finally moving forward for you with everything!!! You are going to have such great transportation very soon here, with your new wheel and your new chair and your new car!!!! :woohoo: It sounds like, finally, everything is going forward - which is awesome! I hope all of these items get to you sooner rather than later.

That is great! I am so happy you got everything figured out and set! I always feel so good when I get stuff done for a trip.

Of course!

I know honestly it just seemed to pop out of no where! Wow that's great you have all those lists and notes. It must make your life so much easier!

I hope you enjoyed seeing your cousins and had a nice run!

Yes - it's a relief... Now the most important part - paying for it all. LOL

It does help, and I am glad I've kept these lists over the years, they weren't something I was planning to hang on to when I made them - so all of them are just on pieces of scratch paper... but since I only use them once per year - it's nice to have them handy. I even have the list separated for the dishes I make and the dishes Josh makes... We are a pretty good team on holidays.... I do everything that needs to be made ahead of time (except for the pies, he does those), then I get out of the kitchen and he does all of the day-of cooking. I am so glad I married a man who knows how to cook, and cook well... I was lost the Christmas he was in Iraq and I had to cook a holiday meal. ::yes::

I did enjoy my morning with my cousins... It was great to see them and to catch up. Sadly - the run didn't happen again.... It will be happening this morning though. Gotta get a few miles in.

******************************************************************************************

I am so excited to share my yesterday with you all! :woohoo: I also want to add... If you want to skip everything written in italics, you are welcome to do so - it's just boring family stuff. :thumbsup2

First off - after my check in here, I got ready and I left at about 9am to go to my cousin's house. As I said yesterday.... She literally lives ON my road - just 30 minutes away... So, there really is NO excuse that we don't see each other very often.

Just a short background on what happened yesterday.... This is my Dad's family. My Grandmother (Dad's mom) died of breast cancer in 1995... She was an AMAZING person - now a family legend... Someone that each of us looks up to and aspires to live in her footsteps.. She had a generous heart and just a beautiful soul... Understanding, compassionate... Everything that makes a human being good and lovable. Even though I was 20 when she died - I feel like my memories of her are few and dimming. One year later, her husband - my Grandfather died. So to have both of them leave us at a relatively young age was a blow. As most families do, once the older generation dies - the family breaks off into individual families, and the process begins again. Sorry, I am trying not to make this a long story - but I wanted to give a little background... And a picture of my Grandparents at their 50th wedding anniversary. Also a picture of my Grandmother alone (I am often told by my family that I resemble her)... As a side note, I have no idea why my grandfather was cropped out of that picture? It is the only straight-on photo I have of my grandmother, and I am not the one who cropped it.

G%20amp%20G%20Jones1.jpg
10003908_764810326865478_1732111658_n.jpg

Anyways... My cousins and I grew up close to one another... We often spent weekends together, especially in our teen years. So, here's a selfie of us yesterday...

20151121_102142.jpg

Upon arriving at my cousin's house... My cousin Darin (pictured center) had a giant gift bag for me... He'd told me on the phone that he had an extra gift, besides my Grandmother's sewing machine, to give me... Inside the gift bag was a LONG letter, explaining the origin of the gift and any "interesting" facts about it... So, I read the letter, and knew what was in the bag. I did not take any pictures of it yesterday, but I will in the very near future - as it will be set up shortly. I was given the gift of my Grandparent's Nativity set... I remember this set being set up in their home as a child, and to be honest, I'd forgotten all about it - or that it even existed at all, until yesterday. I was so moved by the gesture, I did cry... To be given such a gift, by someone who was so close to my Grandparents, was such an honor.

As if these gifts weren't enough... As I was leaving, my cousin asked me if I had any interest at all in Grandma's China... I was flabbergasted! He had offered it to me once before - many years ago - so I knew it existed... but upon going to my other cousin's house a few years ago - I'd seen it there, so I'd just assumed he had given it to her instead - and it wasn't a big deal to me - as long as it stayed in my family. As it turned out, my other cousin no longer had the use for it or the space to store it - so she had given it back to Darin, who - in turn - offered it to me. I was beyond excited... Not only to have my Grandparent's Nativity set, but also my Grandmother's China - especially this time of year - where I can come directly home and very nearly use it all immediately. As a grandchild who was gifted only 3 items when my grandparents died (a stool made by my great uncle, and a doll and an afgan made by my Grandmother) - I've managed to accumulate a few other treasures that were theirs over the years, which I am ecstatic to have!

Anyways... Upon coming home yesterday - I hauled in my boxes of China and unpacked it all... I have almost 8 full servings of everything... Some things I have 12 of... But I will have to find a few salad plates to replace the missing ones... All in all - it's a gorgeous set and I am so elated to have it! We will be using it for dinner on Thursday.

20151121_144937.jpg

So... In other news... I did not get a run in. I am so disappointed in myself.... But this morning IS a run day - and I will be running first thing.

I also worked in my sewing room for a little while... I am almost done with the applique for this bag.

Allison worked at her new job yesterday, then spent the night at a friend's house.

Josh, V and I went out for dinner, then we went to see Mocking Jay Part 2... It was a good movie - and some how I managed to stay awake for the whole thing - barely.

We came home and went right to bed.

My only plans for today are to run this morning... To work a little this afternoon... And hopefully do another update on my TR. :thumbsup2

I hope you all have a marvelous Sunday!!! Prayers and Pixie Dust to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

Wow! Your Grandmother's China is beautiful! And the nativity set as well?! What amazing gifts! Family keepsakes are the best :)

You got some great gifts yesterday. I have no clue of what a Nativity set is so I googled it and I think I got the right item from google. I can't wait to see a picture of it.

Your cousin is SO thoughtful. I am so happy for you to have received these treasures. My most treasured possession is my grandma's sewing book back from her sewing club days. By thw way, I've had good luck with replacements.com when adding pieces to my China set.
It sounds like you're off to a good start with your Thanksgiving meal. I, too, have all my holiday meal plans on scraps of paper. I keep meaning to rewrite in a pretty format, but my scraps bring back so many good memories of meals with loved ones that are no longer with me and of when my kids were little.
I'm sorry that your dad and brother aren't able to spend Thanksgiving weekend with you. Hopefully, you can spend lots of time together at Christmas?
Enjoy your day!

Your china is beautiful. I acquired a set of china from my sister that was a service for 8. I found everything I needed to make it a set of 12 on ebay. So I searched for yours and there is a lot of it. If it is #6701 just search china 6701 and you will find it. There is one set of 4 salad plates for $5.99 plus shipping. I think you can find whatever you need there.

What beautiful gifts! I would have cried too! Unfortunately, I have nothing from my grandparents - my cousins and aunt pretty much ransacked her house when she went into a nursing home and took everything - and I mean EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart that I have nothing from my grandparents. At least my grandmother is still alive - 104 years old! - so I still get time with her which is more than precious to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter