• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

I most likely won't hear anything on the job for a week or two. The owner of the company is going to be on vacation all week next week so I will need to be patient, which is going to be hard. I am ready to be settled some place permanent.

I am ready to have some free time for vacation planning. With Bennie out of town this week, I haven't had much time for any extras. Your Disney plans sound great. I would love to do a longer trip but Bennie maxes out at about 5 days. We are lucky to be so close and get to sprinkle in lots of shorter trips but someday I'd like to do a really long trip.

I am so sorry about the carpet! How frustrating. I love our Cooper, but sometimes I think being a pet free house at some point in the future would be wonderful. I am doubtful Bennie and Peyton will ever go for that.

I am off to the dentist for a crown shortly. I really hope it's not as bad as I think it's going to be.

Awesome getting your airfare all done! That is exciting!

Loving all the Disney updates.

Wow that is horrible about MM and the carpet! I feel the same way, we have carpet we are going to put in DD 7 (Gwen's) room that we are working on right now and our 1 year old german shepherd, River, poked a hole in the plastic and pulled a thread of it?! Argh I was so miffed, I had to tape it shut and am thankful that we bought it a bit larger than we needed! I love our pets, but our cat wanted in our son's room and chewed the carpet at the doorway too! Argh! I say again argh! The carpet isn't new, and it's not fabulous, but we have no plans to replace it either! It's frustrating when things get wrecked, even if you can repair it.

All caught up again :) I remember reading about Rufus, Jr. on one of your other reports and thinking that was just the sweetest way of having Josh's family with him all the time. I absolutely love that you brought that tradition full circle by sending Allison off with her very own Junior. Incredible!!

SO excited you got your airfare within your budget--original or adjusted, it still counts! :) I was getting so nervous about how prices were fluctuating that I bought our December airfare a couple months ago just figuring it would skyrocket totally out of our price range before I was ready. I probably should be more patient when it comes to airfare, but I get too nervous!

Oh, the rug. :worried:

Yay for airfare! Something about booking it makes it feel like the vacation is so real!

Your travel day plans sound great!

I can't post pictures of the bags on FB since I am friends with a couple of the bridesmaids, so I'll try to post it from my phone. This is one I made for Kate that she doesn't know about. [GALLERY=]image.jpeg [/GALLERY]

Poor MM!! I feel your pain though! My Annie Bean has severe separation anxiety so now she has to go to doggie daycare when we are at work and the kids aren't home. Last time we tried leaving her at home by herself she totally ruined the front door, and surrounding molding on the wall and floor.

Ideas for the cone of shame I stole from the internet....
flower.jpg martini.jpg snowcone.jpg

Yay for airfare D - that is awesome. When I an planning a trip I make sure I get alerts on airfare from Airfare Watchdog and Trip Advisor and Kayak, but they do not include Southwest so I have to lurk on there as well. Airfare Watchdog saved me big time on one of our trips. I save about $800 with an alert that lasted about an hour. Our airfare to Oregon this September was quite a bit more than what I wanted to pay, and we have to pay for luggage as well, as SW did not fly to where we are going. Love flying SW.

Your WDW trip plans are firming up. I am truly excited for you and V. This looks like so much fun. I can just picture V trying to get up those early mornings, my DS is so not a morning person. You don't look at him or say anything for quite a while, and he will eventually return to being human again. I can't wait to see her bag!

Poor MM; poor carpet. Its so hard when your pet does something naughty. You can't talk to them and scold them; even though you do and you think they understand you haha. Hope you are able to fix it.

Love Allison's stuffy. Hope she is keeping busy and starting to find her way. Love the updates from her.

Have an awesome weekend D! Take care, hugs and always prayers.

Oh no -- the carpet!!! I would be angry, too. :-( I wonder why he's suddenly developed an appetite for carpet? Strange! Hopefully you can buy a sample piece so you can patch it. Were you able to patch the first hole he made?

Your trip plans sound great. We're doing DTD on our arrival day since we arrive late morning, and then again on our departure day, since we don't leave until late afternoon. We're also doing breakfast at Kona for the first time. Alyssa and I aren't big breakfast people, but my sister is and it's for her birthday so I decided to book a breakfast ADR for us...and I've been wanting to try a bite of the Tonga Toast... I'm excited to try it. I love breaking up our longer trips with non-park days. This trip will be so short that we won't have time for that, but it's all good.

LuLaRoe doesn't have any links you can shop from -- it's all direct from the independent consultants, but I'll add to two of my favorite consultants' facebook pages. The way you shop is by looking at their photo albums on Facebook, then comment "Sold" and your e-mail address on the picture of the item you want. Then they'll e-mail you an invoice which you pay online and then your item ships. The A-line skirts are called "Azure" and the leggings come in two sizes -- one size fits all (and they really do fit most, surprisingly -- I'm a size 0 and my sister is a size 12 and we both wear the one size leggings), or "tall and curvy" -- you won't need those -- you'll need the one size fits all. I also love their Irma t-shirts and their Perfect Fit t-shirts. So watch for those groups to show up in your group listing on Facebook. I'm absolutely obsessed with the Julia dresses and the Ana maxidresses. SO comfy!

I know - I am still so upset about it. Well, when he was a puppy - he ate several spots in our old carpet - LARGE spots... But it had been at least 2 years since he had done it - so I thought we were safe in getting new carpet. I am not sure why he is eating it?

Thanks! Allison and I did Kona on this last trip - I was not a fan... But V's favorite (favorite) cookies are macadamia nut... Annnnd, she is a HUGE fan of pancakes... So, I can only imagine that this would be heaven for her. I am willing to try something else on the menu this time and give it another go. I am sure we will go to DTD on one of our days off... I am not sure what else we will do? :scratchin I am still trying to talk to her about it... Her ideas were to go to the beach (no-go because I don't drive in strange places) or Seaworld... Ummm hello? This is supposed to be a relaxing day off. LOL So, we will see.

Thanks for adding me... I've looked a little bit, but so far I am not seeing anything... Hopefully they have some dots soon. ::yes:: LOL

Sounds like nice plans for your Disney trip. Letting V sleep in most days sounds like a good plan.
I can't wait to hear more about your Disney plans.

What a bummer that MM ate 3 holes in your carpet :( I know what you mean when you say you love your dogs but get really angry and insane that you can't keep the house nice.

My cat Esmeralda was at the vet on Tuesday to have her teeth checked. I didn't get good news from the vet :( First of all they think she haves diabetes. Second bad news was that there are a lot of teeth that must be pulled out.

I had to try and get a urine sample of her and get that back to the vet. The way you do a sample is to use a special cat litter sand so you can collect the urine. I set up the new cat litter with the special sand in it yesterday and started waiting for her to use it. The poor cat didn't like the new cat litter at all. So she tried for as long as she could not to go on the cat litter. This morning she couldn't hold her self anymore so she went on the cat litter and I got the sample I needed. I went to the vet with it and then I just had to wait.

Finally the vet called this evening. The good news is that it's not diabetes so nothing has to do about that. She still has kidney problems but the good news is that it hasn't changed since the last time we checked that. So she will continue with the special food for kidneys. And she still has the problem that her poo is too hard. So I give her Omega 3 for that. The vet dentist hadn't had time to look at the X-rays of her teeth so I don't know yet how many teeth has to be pulled out. I know for sure at least one tooth has to come out because it's damaged. It's so hard to know when enough is enough and when it's time to let the cat go over the Rainbow Bridge.

Yes - I need to let V sleep in as much as possible. She will have 4 park days where she will have to get up "early"... Otherwise - the plan is to let her sleep in... Which is relative... I am not waiting for her all day. LOL

I know - I am pretty bummed about it. It was a lot of hard work to do in the first place, and to have all of that hard work and $$ wrecked is just so sad to me.

I sure hope you get some answers for Esmeralda soon... It's so hard to be a pet owner and make decisions for the best for them, whether it's what we want to do or not. :hugs: You are a great mom to herand she is so lucky to have you to care for her!

I most likely won't hear anything on the job for a week or two. The owner of the company is going to be on vacation all week next week so I will need to be patient, which is going to be hard. I am ready to be settled some place permanent.

I am ready to have some free time for vacation planning. With Bennie out of town this week, I haven't had much time for any extras. Your Disney plans sound great. I would love to do a longer trip but Bennie maxes out at about 5 days. We are lucky to be so close and get to sprinkle in lots of shorter trips but someday I'd like to do a really long trip.

I am so sorry about the carpet! How frustrating. I love our Cooper, but sometimes I think being a pet free house at some point in the future would be wonderful. I am doubtful Bennie and Peyton will ever go for that.

I am off to the dentist for a crown shortly. I really hope it's not as bad as I think it's going to be.

Sigh - waiting is so hard! Hopefully you have an answer sooner rather than later. ::yes::

And I hope you get some much needed free time... I totally get the single parenting thing - it's hard... But it got to the point - later in the girls' lives, that we looked forward to our weeks/weekends alone - they used to be so frequent when Josh was in the military, but in recent years they got to be rare - and we enjoyed them so much then. We'd all pile into my bed and watch movies all night long... Those were the days. They still pile into my bed with me when Josh is gone, but it's a much tighter squeeze now. LOL

I do enjoy doing longer trips... I wish we could do a bit shorter though and live closer. The cost of airfare is killer, and if we lived closer, we could honestly afford to stay for much longer trips. Oh well, I am thankful for what we do get. :lovestruc

I don't think I could ever be pet free... I just wish my pets would notice how hard we worked on this stuff and keep it nice for me. LOL Or, at least, not eat it. :scratchin

I hope your crown went well. I finally got the estimate for mine in the mail the other day - and I am afraid to open it. :eek:

Awesome getting your airfare all done! That is exciting!

Loving all the Disney updates.

Wow that is horrible about MM and the carpet! I feel the same way, we have carpet we are going to put in DD 7 (Gwen's) room that we are working on right now and our 1 year old german shepherd, River, poked a hole in the plastic and pulled a thread of it?! Argh I was so miffed, I had to tape it shut and am thankful that we bought it a bit larger than we needed! I love our pets, but our cat wanted in our son's room and chewed the carpet at the doorway too! Argh! I say again argh! The carpet isn't new, and it's not fabulous, but we have no plans to replace it either! It's frustrating when things get wrecked, even if you can repair it.

Yes - we are getting super excited now! I usually have airfare before this point - so it's a relief to have it. And I love that I can now plan our arrival and departure days... I know our departure day will be agony - because both of the girls and I always get anxious to get home that last day... but it will be nice to not have to rush out of our hotel room in the morning, go grab a late breakfast and wander around a little bit. ::yes::

Grrr... I love my dogs, truly I do... but sometimes.... Grrrr.... LOL We will fix it - it may be a while, but we will. It's just so frustrating - since we spent so much time and $$ redoing this space only 3 months ago - to have it ruined is just maddening... Sigh... I must get over it and move forward. I feel your pain totally though, can you put a rug or something over those areas? I can't for me, but maybe you can?

All caught up again :) I remember reading about Rufus, Jr. on one of your other reports and thinking that was just the sweetest way of having Josh's family with him all the time. I absolutely love that you brought that tradition full circle by sending Allison off with her very own Junior. Incredible!!

SO excited you got your airfare within your budget--original or adjusted, it still counts! :) I was getting so nervous about how prices were fluctuating that I bought our December airfare a couple months ago just figuring it would skyrocket totally out of our price range before I was ready. I probably should be more patient when it comes to airfare, but I get too nervous!

Oh, the rug. :worried:

Yes... Like I said - I sometimes think it's more of a comfort for me, than it is for them. But as long as it brings someone comfort, right? LOL V will get one when she goes over too... Just something from home, when they are gone for so long. :lovestruc

Yes - it's a huge relief to have airfare finally! It's so nice to be able to plan those days... I love that we get in early in the day, so we can enjoy the pool and relax... We've been a few times in October, and the pool has always been very welcome at that time of year - rarely has it been too cold to swim - so hopefully it stays that way... There's NO way I can do another January. LOL I was just so worried about airfare going up, up, up between now and then, better to have it - and since we are flying SW, if it goes down, we get a credit - so there's really nothing to lose... I am still checking 4-5x a day for this reason. ::yes::

I know - I know... The rug... So sad about it. :(

Yay for airfare! Something about booking it makes it feel like the vacation is so real!

Your travel day plans sound great!

I know - we are truly getting very excited for this trip. We were a little ho-hum about it for a while... probably because we just had so much going on that we didn't even have much time to think about it. But now that our count down is getting smaller and smaller and we finally have airfare... :woohoo: We are getting really, really excited for this trip! We geek out almost 10x a day now. LOL

Thanks - I think they will be good. A lot of rest a lot of play time... all of it mixed together nicely - it should be a lot of fun. Our park days will be FULL park days though - no questions about that. ::yes::

Yay for purchasing airfare! That always makes the trip seem real for me.

I know, right??? :woohoo: We are truly getting very excited! The hardest part for me is that I cannot pack... Allison has all of my luggage in Europe. :scratchin LOL

I can't post pictures of the bags on FB since I am friends with a couple of the bridesmaids, so I'll try to post it from my phone. This is one I made for Kate that she doesn't know about. [GALLERY=]View attachment 183195 [/GALLERY]

Oh Tess!!! This turned out AWESEOM!!! She will absolutely LOVE it!!! :woohoo: Great job!

Tess that is gorgeous!

I agree! :lovestruc

Poor MM!! I feel your pain though! My Annie Bean has severe separation anxiety so now she has to go to doggie daycare when we are at work and the kids aren't home. Last time we tried leaving her at home by herself she totally ruined the front door, and surrounding molding on the wall and floor.

Ideas for the cone of shame I stole from the internet....
View attachment 183306 View attachment 183307 View attachment 183308

That is so hard... I am glad that we don't have to deal with that... I can't imagine. :hug:

Hahaha - the cone of shame... Yes, MM is NOT thrilled about the cone at all... We now call the living room the "Cone Zone" ::yes:: Pretty awesome huh? LOL

Yay for airfare D - that is awesome. When I an planning a trip I make sure I get alerts on airfare from Airfare Watchdog and Trip Advisor and Kayak, but they do not include Southwest so I have to lurk on there as well. Airfare Watchdog saved me big time on one of our trips. I save about $800 with an alert that lasted about an hour. Our airfare to Oregon this September was quite a bit more than what I wanted to pay, and we have to pay for luggage as well, as SW did not fly to where we are going. Love flying SW.

Your WDW trip plans are firming up. I am truly excited for you and V. This looks like so much fun. I can just picture V trying to get up those early mornings, my DS is so not a morning person. You don't look at him or say anything for quite a while, and he will eventually return to being human again. I can't wait to see her bag!

Poor MM; poor carpet. Its so hard when your pet does something naughty. You can't talk to them and scold them; even though you do and you think they understand you haha. Hope you are able to fix it.

Love Allison's stuffy. Hope she is keeping busy and starting to find her way. Love the updates from her.

Have an awesome weekend D! Take care, hugs and always prayers.

Yes - I had signed up for alerts, but realistically - I only want to fly SW.... They fly out of our little airport and they have layovers at Midway - and I like layovers there, again another small airport... I don't like taking off or landing there, but at least I get to wave to Mo on the way over. ::yes:: So, I wanted to fly out of our little airport and I didn't want baggage fees - that left me with SW. I could have flown Sun Country - they also fly out of our little airport and their flights are non-stop - which is a huge benefit, but their fares have been regularily 2x as much + I'd have to pay baggage fees. I honestly don't mind the layover - it's a little over an hour this time, and that's the perfect time to grab a coffee and hit the bathrooms - as I hate plane bathrooms and avoid them whenever possible. ::yes:: So this should be a great flight for us! ::yes::

Hahaha... Yes - I talked to her about the "early mornings" yesterday... We will have 4 of them - but only 2 of them are PPO ADRs, so those are absolutely necessary that we get up really early. Hopefully she can push through. On all of our days off - I have nothing scheduled until 11 am - so she should be able to sleep in pretty late, hopefully it will be OK. V and I get along pretty well - so it should be a nice trip. I am very much looking forward to spending this time with just her. We've gotten a lot of it this summer with Allison gone - and it's been a very enjoyable time! :lovestruc We have some great things planned - some old and some new - it's going to be a great trip, at a great time of the year! :woohoo: LOVE Halloween in Disney!

I know - I am so sad about the carpet... We worked so hard and it really was a financial splurge for us... We won't be able to replace it for at least another 6-8 years... So, we will have to find a way to repair it, somehow.

She is staying busy... Too busy to blog - LOL... As much as I want her to update her blog, I also want to see her experience and enjoy her time there, so I am OK without updates... But I also Skype her almost daily and we Snapchat constantly - so it's almost as if she isn't gone. Almost.

Thank you Carol - same to you... I'd love an update from you when you get the time. :lovestruc I am anxious to hear how your summer is going. ::yes::

************************************************************************************

Life has been pretty busy these last few days...

I've continued to work out (I've never stopped), and I am eating well. I've continued to log each day in MFP - which is going well. I still hate it, and I tend to eat the same things over and over, because I detest having to figure out new things. LOL Yes, I am that lazy. But it's all good and I feel like I could see progress any day now. LOL Realistically - it will be weeks yet.... But that visual is what keeps me going, so I'll just go with it. ::yes::

I've been working like crazy too... I am almost done with my big project. I will put in full work days all this weekend, and then I should be done. ::yes::

I've also been working on the bench for the farmhouse table... I was able to get it stained yesterday and the first coat of poly went on last night. I plan to put a 2nd coat on today, and hopefully start painting tonight... Maybe not the bench quite yet - but the chairs. ::yes:: I'd love to have this set done by the end of the weekend. Then all that will be left for the dining space is to find a China hutch to paint... I've found a few that are what I am looking for and reasonably priced - under $50 - but we just don't have the space to store ours and we haven't heard back from Josh's dad about what we should do with it - since it was Josh's grandparent's. So, until then, the rest of the room is on hold, I guess. :scratchin Frustrating... As I just want to be done, so we can start on the bathroom.

Snapchat-7896052235971638623.jpg

Allison has been busy too... She has been back from France now for 1 week... She spends 4 days per week with Brian and Myrthe, because they are off of work... Then she has 3 days per week to herself while they are at work. There was one day this week that she took the train into Rotterdam to meet a photography friend - she really enjoyed that and it was so nice for her to get out - she was starting to get pretty home sick. I can only imagine that she will start to venture out more often... Which makes this mom nervous - but still very proud. ::yes:: Thomas and her are the best of pals, but just in the last few days, Lara has really started to warm up to her... Lara is at that age where she is a bit afraid of strangers - but I knew eventually Allison wouldn't be a stranger anymore - and Allison is loving it!

Screenshot_2016-07-22-08-07-38.png

V has been busy spending time with me... We went to see Finding Dory the other day... That was so fun! V and I snuck out of the house, while I was supposed to be working and just spent some time together. I feel like, between the house and now work, I haven't been able to spend too much time with her - aside from appointments and errands... So it was a lot of fun to do this... Annnd - it REALLY put us in a Disney mood. LOL

Ooooh, and flight update - just now, I was able to get a refund on our inbound flights... I knew, flying with SW this could be done - but I've never done it. I've been checking for our flights to go down in price, and this morning, our inbound flight went down $8 each... So, Suzi talked me through going online and getting my refund... It was super easy, and I can honestly say, I will be a dedicated flight stalker between now and our flight. Annnnd - SW definitely has my business - this is awesome! Free bags AND refunds. It's like ice cream and Disney at the same time! :woohoo: All refunds from flights will go towards Disney GCs. ::yes::

So, I think that is all for now... I must get to work today, so I can get done and start painting chairs. ::yes:: I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Then all that will be left for the dining space is to find a China hutch to paint... I've found a few that are what I am looking for and reasonably priced - under $50 - but we just don't have the space to store ours and we haven't heard back from Josh's dad about what we should do with it - since it was Josh's grandparent's. So, until then, the rest of the room is on hold, I guess.
Did you decide to take that huge hutch out of your living room? I lost track of which one you are talking about. :)

Thomas and her are the best of pals, but just in the last few days, Lara has really started to warm up to her... Lara is at that age where she is a bit afraid of strangers - but I knew eventually Allison wouldn't be a stranger anymore - and Allison is loving it!
This is an adorable picture. I'm glad that Allison is getting out a bit. Do they have any plans to go to other countries?

How great that you got to spend some time with V.

Looks like Allison is having a great time in Europe.

How great that you got a refund on the flight tickets so you could buy even cheaper tickets.

The vet called on Friday. Esmeralda has to pull 7 teeth :( I told the vet I would have to think about it all until Monday and then call back to tell them what I will do. I've come to the conclusion that it will be best for Esmeralda to go over the rainbow bridge. It's just too much that is bothering her. The stomach, the teeth and that she really hasn't adjusted well to being the only cat in the house. It's going to be really tough taking her to the vet for the last time, but I think it's the best thing I can do for her.

Did you decide to take that huge hutch out of your living room? I lost track of which one you are talking about. :)

This is an adorable picture. I'm glad that Allison is getting out a bit. Do they have any plans to go to other countries?

Hahaha... Well - I understand your confusion, because both of these hutches were once in my living room. ::yes:: The curio cabinet that I just recieved from Josh's dad at Christmas time is still in our living room... It is just on a different wall - which makes our space flow better, you can kind of see it in this picture - just to the left as you walk into the room from the kitchen.

20160516_072652.jpg

The China cabinet was also in the living room, but we moved it to the diniing room to make space in the living room - we put it on the wall where we previously had the mantle hanging. This is the cabinet I am looking to donate to a family member, so I can find a different one that I can paint coral. ::yes::

20160717_161352.jpg

20160716_063726.jpg

Yes - Allison has two more, for sure, side trips booked and planned. She has one trip with Brian for several days in Paris... She was planning on doing DLP, but looking at time and $$ - she could do both, but she wouldn't be able to do justice to either... Or she could do one and really take her time to enjoy it. She decided to do Paris - and if given that same choice - I think I would do the same thing. As much as I LOVE Disney - I can do Disney here, but I can't do Paris here... So, she will be doing Paris. :lovestruc

She also has a side trip to Rome, where she is staying with very close family friends of Myrthe's family - who were born and raised in Italy - but also lived in the U.S. for several years - We did meet them at Brian and Myrthe's wedding, briefly. They know our culture well, yet can take Allison to places that she may not ever see is a tourist. She is very much looking forward to this trip, as well. ::yes::

Besides that - as of now, there are no other trips - we'll see if that changes? :scratchin

D~

Wouldn't it be lovely to lose the weight as quickly as we put it on?! I am still moving along even if at snail pace at this point. BUT thanks to lifting and exercise, I have never felt stronger or healthier so that makes me pretty happy.

Your bench is looking so great!

Looks like all is going well for Allison. Such a wonderful opportunity for her.

Nice that you and V were able to spend a little time together. I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with Finding Dory, it just didn't live up to my expectations. What did you think of it?!

Yay for a refund! I absolutely love SWA!! My favorite airline thanks to their refund policy, prices, and laid back attitude/amusing antics on board.

I'm off to look at cars today. Ugh. I do NOT want another car payment but sadly that's just the way it goes, doesn't it?! I drive too much everyday to be in an older high mileage car and working in Chicago, that's just not going to cut it so let the looking (possibly purchasing) begin!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Gotta love getting a refund; especially when it helps for your trip.

The poor carpet and the cone of shame for MM. I totally understand loving your pets, but why do they do certain things???:confused3

Glad to hear you are getting the Disney bug and ready to go. That's the best feeling.

Today we had Princess R an Princess M here for several hours. My parents had Princess M in the house to keep her cool and I had Princess R in the pool for a few hours. We wore each other out. We had a blast playing.

I have great news on my mom. She went for another follow up. They ran more tests. It was good news an bad news. The bad news is she doesn't have to go back to that doctor again and the good news her numbers are perfect for a lady her age.:banana: It will take about 3 months for her to get back to feeling better; considering her age. We have no clue what caused her issue, but I am watching her like a hawk. I don't ever want to experience that again any time soon. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It was greatly appreciated! :grouphug:

Have a wonderful day!

How great that you got to spend some time with V.

Looks like Allison is having a great time in Europe.

How great that you got a refund on the flight tickets so you could buy even cheaper tickets.

The vet called on Friday. Esmeralda has to pull 7 teeth :( I told the vet I would have to think about it all until Monday and then call back to tell them what I will do. I've come to the conclusion that it will be best for Esmeralda to go over the rainbow bridge. It's just too much that is bothering her. The stomach, the teeth and that she really hasn't adjusted well to being the only cat in the house. It's going to be really tough taking her to the vet for the last time, but I think it's the best thing I can do for her.

Yes - it's been a fun summer spending time with her and doing things... She very much enjoys being the "only child"...

I know!!! I've never done that before and now I am addicted!!! Seriously - it look me just a few seconds! I have a new love for SWA!

Awww... Lillian, I am so sorry - that is such a tough decision. Many hugs going out to you! :lovestruc

Wouldn't it be lovely to lose the weight as quickly as we put it on?! I am still moving along even if at snail pace at this point. BUT thanks to lifting and exercise, I have never felt stronger or healthier so that makes me pretty happy.

Your bench is looking so great!

Looks like all is going well for Allison. Such a wonderful opportunity for her.

Nice that you and V were able to spend a little time together. I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with Finding Dory, it just didn't live up to my expectations. What did you think of it?!

Yay for a refund! I absolutely love SWA!! My favorite airline thanks to their refund policy, prices, and laid back attitude/amusing antics on board.

I'm off to look at cars today. Ugh. I do NOT want another car payment but sadly that's just the way it goes, doesn't it?! I drive too much everyday to be in an older high mileage car and working in Chicago, that's just not going to cut it so let the looking (possibly purchasing) begin!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Quickly or easily would be good. LOL But it's never that way, it seems.

Thank you - I was able to get a lot of work done on it last night... I am hoping to get paint on the entire thing this morning & hopefully have it dry by tonight - that would be so wonderful! I am getting anxious to get this room set up! ::yes::

She is having a wonderful time- a bit home sick, but enjoying herself too!

Meh, Finding Dory was OK... It's not my favorite sequel - but I've seen worse. LOL It kept me interested, which is pretty good - it's rare that I make it through a movie without a nap - so that says something right? LOL

Really loving SW a lot - now if I can find better fares and more refunds, I'd be a really happy camper - I'd love to get these flights within my original budget. ::yes::

Ugh! I know that feeling... I drove my van for 4 years with out a car payment - it was sooo nice! I hated going back to a payment. I am looking forward to when my Edge is paid off next year... We have 4 loans (cars & personal) that will be paid off next year, and it will be sooo nice! I am hoping we are able to build the garage at that time. ::yes:: We'll see. Good luck finding a car - I hope you are able to find something you like and it fits in your budget! :thumbsup2

Thank you - it was a non-stop day for me, but it was good. :lovestruc

Gotta love getting a refund; especially when it helps for your trip.

The poor carpet and the cone of shame for MM. I totally understand loving your pets, but why do they do certain things???

Glad to hear you are getting the Disney bug and ready to go. That's the best feeling.

Today we had Princess R an Princess M here for several hours. My parents had Princess M in the house to keep her cool and I had Princess R in the pool for a few hours. We wore each other out. We had a blast playing.

I have great news on my mom. She went for another follow up. They ran more tests. It was good news an bad news. The bad news is she doesn't have to go back to that doctor again and the good news her numbers are perfect for a lady her age.:banana: It will take about 3 months for her to get back to feeling better; considering her age. We have no clue what caused her issue, but I am watching her like a hawk. I don't ever want to experience that again any time soon. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It was greatly appreciated!

Have a wonderful day!

I know - it was only $16, but that's part of a counter service meal for us - so I will take it. ::yes:: I am very hopeful for more refunds in my future - I will be on that app like a hawk! :scratchin

I know - it's such a bummer about it all... I am trying hard not to think about it while I am finishing up the kitchen, then we will tackle that repair - if it's anything like our kitchen floor that SC ate - it may be a year before we get that carpet repaired. Sigh. :eek:

Yes - dreaming of Disney every day now and trying to figure out if there is anything I want to tune in a little better? :scratchin

Awww... Sounds like a fun day with Princesses... I miss those days so much! I am glad you were able to unwind with them a little bit - you deserve it after your last few weeks! :hug:

Great news about your mom! :woohoo: What a relief, but I agree - I wish you had answers too... I am sure that leaves you feeling a little uneasy. Hopefully you are able to get more answers and I agree - watching her closely from here on out... My best to you and your family - I am so happy and relieved for you at the same time. :hug:

Thank you - same to you!!!! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************

My Saturday was boring, but FULL...

I went upstairs to work early and I worked most of the day. I was able to get a lot done. I am hopeful that I will be able to finish up on Tuesday. Even if I have to put in some overtime, as Tuesday is my personal deadline for this project. ::yes::

After work - I ate a late lunch, then I took a quick nap... Then I went outside on the front porch... It was very difficult for me to drag out the painting mess again - ack! But I did... And I started priming the 2 chairs and the legs for the bench... That took the remainder of the night - I was out there painting until well after dark, but I did get 2 coats of primer on everything, which means I am hoping to paint early this morning, so it can all dry today. ::yes::

Snapchat-8889229024623184233.jpg

While I was doing this - Josh was making a mess down stairs... I shouldn't say that - but that's what it ended up being. I will admit - I've been a bit obsessive about the main living areas being clean, now that we are done with the remodel... So, I came downstairs yesterday to Josh hooking up all of our electronics, which hadn't been done yet... Our DVD player and our WII - things like that... So, now I have boxes everywhere - Styrofoam - it's driving me nuts! I will have to take the time to clean that up this morning too.

I was able to grab an adorable photo of V with MM and SC yesterday... MM is only allowed in the living room without the Cone of Shame, if someone is in there watching him...

Snapchat-7205335683110865722.jpg

We also, finally, got permission from Josh's dad to pass along our old dining set and China hutch to a family member - not that we needed it, but we felt it was the nice thing to do. :woohoo: Which means, officially, I am on the hunt for a China cabinet to paint!!! Sooooo excited! It will have to reside on my front porch while I am painting it - that part is a bummer - because I can't paint it in the house... And I don't want to get rid of the other one, until I can put all of the China in the new one. But progress just the same - i am a happy camper! :woohoo:

Today - I am working on painting right away this morning... Then I will be upstairs sewing all day... I have a lot that I need to get done. I hope you all have a wonderful day - prayers and pixie dust to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a lot done yesterday :)

How great that you are passing along your old dining set and China hutch to a family member so you can get a painted China cabinet.

Today Ulf and I and our geocaching friends that we went to St.Petersburg with went geocaching outside of Tromsø together. We had a lot of fun and found the geocaches we wanted.

Sounds like you got a lot done yesterday

How great that you are passing along your old dining set and China hutch to a family member so you can get a painted China cabinet.

Today Ulf and I and our geocaching friends that we went to St.Petersburg with went geocaching outside of Tromsø together. We had a lot of fun and found the geocaches we wanted.

Yes - I did get a lot done, I needed to get more done, but I just needed a few hours off yesterday. Only a few more days of this crazy pace - and then I won't know what to do with myself. LOL

It sounds like you had an amazing day - it's always so fun to get out and meet up with friends! Glad you had a great day! :woohoo:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

So, yesterday... It was pretty boring. I spent the morning putting a second coat of paint on the chairs/bench... I always forget how long it takes me to do this - poof - 2 hours gone. Grrr... But it needs to be done.

Then I worked upstairs all morning... I was able to get a lot done - not everything I needed to, but still a lot, so I'll take it.

While I was working - Josh and V went tubing down the local river, they were gone for hours... They came home at dinner time - having done the river twice - they had a lot of fun and only a bit of sunburn between them. Although - Josh was hurting last night - he didn't realize how much work tubing down the river is. LOL Poor guy.

I was also able to put a coat of poly on the chairs/bench... I've decided that 1 coat is good for the bench, but I think I need to do 2 or more for the chairs. ::yes:: So, the bench is assembled and under it's place at the table... The chairs are still outside awaiting their next coat. I am not sure when I will get to that? Probably not until this weekend - my plate is FULL.

Last night, after Josh got our DVD player hooked up again (it's been unhooked since our living room remodel) - V and I hauled up our DVD bins that have also been packed away, and sorted through what we wanted upstairs... Of course it was all of our Disney movies that came out. We decided that we need to do some binge watching of movies - just so our memories are properly refreshed for our trip. We started off with Pirates of the Caribbean. ::yes:: Love me some Johnny Depp. :lovestruc Also on the list is the entire Harry Potter series... And several others... Those are the main ones for now and they should keep us busy for a good long while. :scratchin:

Today is a nice short shift at Target! :woohoo: I love short shifts! Then I actually get a break in the middle. ::yes::

My week, this week is insane... But after this - I slow down for a little while... I can take the time to work on fun stuff in my spare time, like V's trip bag... And if I am very lucky - I may get one done for myself too. :scratchin We'll see... I kind of like the mix I have now - I can almost wear any theme on any day and it goes well with any park. I like that. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Sending pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

You've been busy! I'm excited about the hutch...fingers crossed that you find the perfect one soon. I can't wait to see how the table and chairs turn out all together.

I didn't know that you could get refunds with SW if the fare went down...that's definitely good to know.

Looks like Allison is having so much fun! Good for her! I would choose Paris over DLP, too. I'm so jealous -- Paris is on my bucket list.

We went and saw Finding Dory this weekend, too -- loved it! Even my husband enjoyed it, and he isn't usually the biggest fan of animated movies. I thought it was very well done and, as my 17 year old says, "it got me in all the feels." LOL

My trip with my sister and daughter is coming up quickly...the decals I ordered for our magic bands came over the weekend so those are now done and ready to go. I've got our MDE luggage tags... I'm still stalking MDE for a Frozen FP+. If we can't get one then we'll ride stand by. I'm willing to miss it but my daughter really wants to ride it so we'll see how that goes. I'm surprised the parks are closing so early (10 pm most nights) while we're there...it's August and still summer. I guess it's because attendance is supposedly down.....? I have a friend who just got back from WDW last night and she said the crowds were definitely lighter than on many of their previous July trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter