They should rename it Frozenland

If you are sick of Frozen now at DHS, wait until Season of the Force starts or when the Toy Story and Star Wars lands are complete. I hope you like those IP; otherwise, you might as well just not go to DHS anymore. I for one could care less about the Frozen stuff, but it doesn't bother me. I am very looking forward to the Star Wars stuff though. That stage is going to be there for a long time. However, I would like to see it taken down once the permanent changes at DHS are complete, maybe 5 years. Shows like the parade and fireworks are more difficult at DHS than MK, because MK has a permanent stage, it's called the castle forecourt. DHS doesn't currently have a permanent location like that.

I'm a Star Wars fan but I would hate to see a stage with a Star Wars show just plopped down anywhere. Disney used to care a lot about theming, in fact it's one element that helped set them apart. They seem to think that Frozen is fine just anywhere and that's a shame.

Is there any reason why the space where the old Hunchback Theater was cannot be re-purposed for seasonal events and shows? (I think it is called the "Premiere Theater.) I know that a lot of people are of the "We love us some Frozen" mindset and don't mind an under-themed scaffolding right in front of the Chinese Theater. But honestly, does it have to be there when there is a space on the property growing cobwebs that is supposedly for "special events"? Doesn't a seasonal show qualify?

1251766013_5edc05676e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any reason why the space where the old Hunchback Theater was cannot be re-purposed for seasonal events and shows? (I think it is called the "Premiere Theater.) I know that a lot of people are of the "We love us some Frozen" mindset and don't mind an under-themed scaffolding right in front of the Chinese Theater. But honestly, does it have to be there when there is a space on the property growing cobwebs that is supposedly for "special events"? Doesn't a seasonal show qualify?

1251766013_5edc05676e_o.jpg

That's where the Frozen singalong was initially, while Disney refurbished the American Idol theater for the signalong's permanent home. The Premier Theater won't work for the shows on the outdoor stage for FSF/SWW, the theater doesn't hold enough people and the stage shows are incorporated into the fireworks shows (which are outdoors).

They also used to have the SWW celebrity shows in the Premier, they were in BatB theater this year. But who knows where those will go next summer.

I doubt Disney is taking down the stage. It has Season of the Force coming and so the fireworks show each night will likely include some sort of stage show, just like Symphony in the Stars and the Frozen fireworks.

I can't imagine they're going to leave it up and not in use from the time Frozen ends in a couple weeks until "Early 2016" (rumored to be Feb last I heard). Hasn't that always been a temporary stage that they took up and down as needed? 5 months with nothing on it seems like it would justify the time and effort to take it down until it is needed again.

I was lucky enough to be there week before last, thanks to my employer sending me to Orlando for training. So while not looking a gift horse (or trip!) in the mouth, I found the Frozen dance party very annoying. I don't like the Incredibles Dance Party in Tomorrowland, and I don't like the "THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!" DJ in DHS. The problem is that, unlike the Incredibles Dance Party in 1 distant land of MK, that DJ is right there in the middle of DHS.

I know I'm not their target demographic, but: ugh. I'm glad it's just part of the summer stuff and isn't permanent.

I never said I disliked Frozen. In fact I like Frozen. I am just commenting on the fact that the theater cannot be seen because it is being blocked by a stage. I don't feel the world revolves around me. How did you come to that conclusion?
I agree with this. I used to love walking into Disney MGM Studios (at the time) and seeing Graumans Theatre in all it's majesty as you walk down the street. I hated the hat, and I think the stage should have been moved maybe off to the side or something?

I agree with this. I used to love walking into Disney MGM Studios (at the time) and seeing Graumans Theatre in all it's majesty as you walk down the street. I hated the hat, and I think the stage should have been moved maybe off to the side or something?
We managed to be in the park (purely by coincidence) for the day and half after the construction walls were brought down and before the stage was errected for Star Wars Weekend. It was magical, just like the MGM park I remember from my childhood.

i-Bx3nmxV-L.jpg

Also, it made that walkway so wide open, it was lovely.

I miss the Hat! I'm sure the Frozen fans are loving the temp stage, but I also think Studios has too much Frozen theme.

I have been out of the loop and didn't realize the EARS were being removed. I am admittedly a little sad to see them go. I liked them a lot

I remember a few months ago when everyone was so happy because the Hat was being removed and now the Great Movie Ride would no longer be obstructed. Well now we have a Frozen stage and a Frozen giant screen TV blocking it. After walking around Hollywood Studios today I came to the conclusion they should just rename the place Frozenland.
IMG_3697%201.jpg

You can actually see a tiny bit of Grauman's at the very top of the stage. Now everyone who stops on Hollywood Blvd for a photo op will have a Frozen ad in their photo.

If they'd just move it over to the left, and rotate it 90' CCW, they'd still have room for the show, and a clear view of the theater.

You have to remember what happened. When Frozen first came out all the merchandise was sold out before Christmas and there was none to be had for MONTHS. The girls and boys fueled the initial desire. Then the initial scarcity made things more desirable. The next eight months were filled with Moms drawing all the decorations and buying anything light blue.

If you are sick of Frozen now at DHS, wait until Season of the Force starts or when the Toy Story and Star Wars lands are complete. I hope you like those IP; otherwise, you might as well just not go to DHS anymore. I for one could care less about the Frozen stuff, but it doesn't bother me. I am very looking forward to the Star Wars stuff though. That stage is going to be there for a long time. However, I would like to see it taken down once the permanent changes at DHS are complete, maybe 5 years. Shows like the parade and fireworks are more difficult at DHS than MK, because MK has a permanent stage, it's called the castle forecourt. DHS doesn't currently have a permanent location like that.

I confess that I absolutely hate Toy Story, but I still enjoy the Toy Story themed rides at the parks and I think the land will be fun. Maybe the difference is that Toy Story doesn't annoy me -- I just really did not like the first movie and refused to see the others. As for Frozen, I wish it was staying through September. I'm worried that there won't be much for my family to do at DHS during our trip with Frozen gone and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area in refurb. (We're planning to just do Disney Junior and TSMM and then hop elsewhere).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter