They do grow up

(whispering: If you're like me, you're hoping that in 2015 you'll have photos of her and a litter of grandbabies to add to the collection! Ooh...I just looked at your trip reports...congrats! Looks like you have a new little princess to start the tradition with anew!)

My son was 8 yrs old on his first trip in 1982. In Sept, we will be there with him, d-i-l, and 8yr old grandson (along with his 3yr old sister).

Wonderful post. My two daughters are asleep upstairs (together) there is bad weather in Central IL tonight. My youngest turns 9 tomorrow and my oldest 11 next week (I already changed my signature at the bottom). Five years ago my wife drug me to WDW kicking because I didn't want to go. I went only because of my daughters and the thought "all kids should go once". Well, we've been the last four years (this Spring Break) and I just booked Dec. 26th through 31st last week. Oh, and we're DVC members. I just gave up my varsity coaching job last week for them also. I refuse to miss anything they will do until the point you're at right now. Your post just reinforces my thoughts and feelings. Enjoy your next trip with beautiful granddaughter.

A daughter crying here. :( I'm married now with one of my own and we'll be going this July with just my mom, myself, and DD. (My husband and Dad have to work.) Your daughter looks about the same age as me.

TFS!

Congratulations on your Granddaughter, and your family. Thank you so much for the reminder. I was just hemming & hawring about the airline prices. I have been saying this will probably be our last trip with just the family. DS19, DD19, DS19,DD6. Before I know it, I'm sure it will be one of mine getting married. I guess I can pay the extra $25-$50 per ticket. Again, thanks for the reminder.

How fun for you to update this thread!

I cry all the time over my DD3 growing up.

I cried when she got her first tooth (that toothless grin was gone, at least until she is 90 and no one will think that is cute :rotfl:)

I have cried at each of her birthdays.

Her rubberband wrists are almost history. Sniff.

Sometimes she says something so "grown" and I just grab her and start to cry.

I'm thinking she is not going to put up with that much longer! :rolleyes1

This thread reminds me of something someone said to DH and I as we were leaving for our honeymoon to WDW. We were checking our bags for the plane and DS10 months was with my parents because they were watching him during our trip. I was sobbing and crying my eyes out because not only had I never left him for a long trip, but I'm a SAHM so I really don't leave him much. Anyway, a man looked at me with a really kind, sympathetic smile and said "Honey, it doesn't get any easier once they're leaving for college either."

The bond between a parent and child is so beautiful! I love being a mom! It seems to me that OP's relationship with his daughter is similar to me and my dad-I'm a total daddy's girl. I can't wait to see pics of you with your daughter and granddaughter at WDW!!!

I am pleased that my oldest daughter, Amy, is expecting this November. We are all excited.
DSCF5319.jpg

My DGD is now one year old and and we hang out together 4 mornings each week. Lily is such a treasure.
Lily2.jpg

My oldest DD Amy had her first, a girl named Elizabeth. Being a grandparent makes up for all of the tribulations of raising your own kids.
Elizabeth1.jpg

Here are the four ladies of my life:

P10500381824x13681024x768.jpg

I know it will be a while before the DGDs can go to WDW, but believe me I am looking forward to it!

I'm not worried about when my girls (now age 14) grow up and move out....I've already been telling them for years that I'm moving out with them. problem is that at the time I started saying that they were BOTH going to live in Florida and work at WDW....now one of them (brat!) wants to live in California instead. So I guess I'll spend half my year living in FL and the other half in CA.

But then they've also both agreed that I can homeschool my grandkids....so I told them the kids will live with me and THEY can come visit, lol.

Thank heavens that even if it doesn't turn out quite this way, everyone can enjoy time and make special memories with their kids/grands thanks to one man. Thank you Walt!:love:

My DD8 and DS6 are NEVER growing up, got it?! I mean never!

Or will they...

:sad1:

MOmousefan, what a beautiful thread, you certainly brought tears to my eyes! Your daughters and grandaughters are beautiful! Yes, they do grow up before your eyes. I treasure every day with my kids and love looking at the photos of my kids at WDW growing through the years. I hope I'm as blessed as you are with beautiful grandchildren some day!

Blessings to all of you!

Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos and wonderful memories. :grouphug: My little ones are still babies and as chaotic as each day can be, I want to hold on to each minute and each memory to look back upon.

(whispering: If you're like me, you're hoping that in 2015 you'll have photos of her and a litter of grandbabies to add to the collection! Ooh...I just looked at your trip reports...congrats! Looks like you have a new little princess to start the tradition with anew!)

I envy all of you who started out young with Walt Disney World!! I wish it was like that for me! My parents always took us on other kinds of vacations, never to WDW. My first trip was only last year! Thankfully my husband's family were a "Disney family" and now it's going to be a tradition for us!

Seeing those pictures of your daughter through the years in WDW, oh how I see how time flies. You probably have a million of great disney memories and will have more to come!! I'm glad you posted those pictures!

This thread made me cry!:sad1: I have one about to graduate from HS in May. They grow up way to fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter