They Almost Went Without ME-Food & Wine, BC, LOTS of Pics-Updated 10/28

Joining in! What a scary month leading up to your trip. I'm so glad that you both recovered enough to be able to go. :goodvibes
Oh my gosh! Sorry about your health issues. Sounds like this was a well deserved trip. :)
I am here! Was so glad to see you got better and was able to go.

Ok just figured it out!

Yay Brenda is here! I need to get caught up on your TR!

Hi Erika. Need to check into. Your report also. Hope all is well with Jeremy. I do see posts on FB. Stay tuned!

So after a few more doctors appointments & getting the ok to go back to work 4 days before leaving for Disney I went back to work part time for 4 days & then Friday we were leaving. Our flight was at 6:45 am arriving around 9:45. My sister lives in MA so they were going out of RI around 7:30 am. I got up around 3:15 that morning & got DH up. Everything was ready to go. I fed my cat Willow & gave her a big hug & we took off. Our airport is only an hour away. We park the car in the outdoor parking lot for $10.00 per night. We had a little walk as we had to park in Lot C. Got our luggage checked & got breakfast at Dunkins. I plugged in my Ipad & before you know it we were boarding. I told DH that he could have the window seat on the way down because I wanted the window seat on the way back to see all our New England foliage. It is beautiful here this time of year. DH was reading a Stephen King book on his Nook. He reads ALL the Stephen King books.

I had downloaded the first season of Downton Abbey so I watched the first 2 shows & yes I am now hooked!! In the UK they have Downton Abbey T shirts! I did not get one yet but may get one in May.

Before you know it we were landing in Orlando. Hello Orlando

When packing I was thinking that on our last few trips DH & I shared 1 suitcase so we could do that again. Well the other 2 trips were for only 3 or 4 nights & this was 7 so when we went to weigh the 1 suitcase it was 51 pounds so we ended up bringing 2, however when I got the ME luggage tags I apparently threw one of them away thinking we were just bringing one suitcase!!:(:(. Stupid me. I NEVER usually throw anything away but I did. So we had to get one of the suitcases & then headed to ME. Airport shuttle

This would be our line that we ended up first in. No one else in line so we did wait like 10 min. but were the first ones on the bus.:)

LOVE THIS SIGN :goodvibes

Getting closer

And we have arrived

I am going to end it here for tonight. Had my infusion today & kinda beat.

Up Next:

Is our room ready at 11:30 am??
Where do we head first?

Yay for flight on time, clear skies, arrival in Orlando and seeing the best sign in the world.

Get some rest. And looking forward to the next update.

Great pics, Doreen! How did you download Downton Abby to the iPad? I am still on the learning curve...and the first thing I figured out was that I should have bought one with more GB. :(

Downton Abby T-Shirts?? Were they cute? :) I may have to send you some $$ for your next trip! ;)

Yay for arrival at WDW! :cool1:

BTW, your cat and my daughter have the same name. :laughing:

Yay for flight on time, clear skies, arrival in Orlando and seeing the best sign in the world. Get some rest. And looking forward to the next update.
Great pics, Doreen! How did you download Downton Abby to the iPad? I am still on the learning curve...and the first thing I figured out was that I should have bought one with more GB. :( Downton Abby T-Shirts?? Were they cute? :) I may have to send you some $$ for your next trip! ;)
Yay for arrival at WDW! :cool1: BTW, your cat and my daughter have the same name. :laughing:
Kathy our flight actually landed a half hour early. I think our pilot had a lead foot. Gotta love clear skies! Christine I went to ITunes and searched "Downton Abbey". Yeah I only got the 16 GB. I probably should have gotten more. The t ****s were cute. They had 3 different ones to choose from. Isn't your trip coming soon? RGirl your daughter is Willow? I love that name. The funny thing is that at the SPCA she had the same LAST name as our last name! She is one spoiled cat! I will post a pic of her tomorrow. She and I are the only females in this house of males.

I came home with laryngitis which has turned into a full blown cold and every time I lay down I start coughing. May go to doctors today. I am thinking bronchitis. UGH!!!

Kathy our flight actually landed a half hour early. I think our pilot had a lead foot. Gotta love clear skies! Christine I went to ITunes and searched "Downton Abbey". Yeah I only got the 16 GB. I probably should have gotten more. The t ****s were cute. They had 3 different ones to choose from. Isn't your trip coming soon? RGirl your daughter is Willow? I love that name. The funny thing is that at the SPCA she had the same LAST name as our last name! She is one spoiled cat! I will post a pic of her tomorrow. She and I are the only females in this house of males.

I came home with laryngitis which has turned into a full blown cold and every time I lay down I start coughing. May go to doctors today. I am thinking bronchitis. UGH!!!

Oh, Doreen, hope you feel better very soon. You've had more than your share of being sick. :grouphug:

My December trip is not happening after all. Dr strongly recommended not going unless I planned to use a wheelchair, but I would not do that to my friends. :sad2: Maybe next year. I was so looking forward to meeting Kathy and Mark. :(

I bought the 16GB too - I always forget that it doesn't really have that much room since quite a lot is taken up with Sarfari etc already. Should have gone with the 32 at least....but at the time it sounded like so much money. Live and learn! :goodvibes

I'm here ...

:welcome: Linda. Glad to have you here.

That's one tough looking dude beside you! I bet nobody messes with you, huh? :goodvibes

Hi my friend.. knew you would make it over. Yes Jeff does look tough doesn't he? He likes to give that image but he is so mild mannered & calm as opposed to me who is a nervous nelly & not so calm.;)

Especially lovely adorned by the palm trees and beautiful blue skies!

Hi my friend.. knew you would make it over. Yes Jeff does look tough doesn't he? He likes to give that image but he is so mild mannered & calm as opposed to me who is a nervous nelly & not so calm.;)

It was such a beautiful happy day :goodvibes.

So it was my first full time day back to work after about 8 weeks. Did not even take my lunch hour because we had customer service training & my clerks had to take their lunch hours in between. LONG day. I promptly took a cat nap on the couch tonight. Hopefully will get an update done tomorrow.

I have my consult with the doctor at Mass. General on Friday. Cannot wait to meet this doctor. I googled him & he is very impressive. I am not nervous at all after researching him. His name is Dr. Richard Hodin & I have about a million questions for him & will be glad to meet the man. I want to get these 2 surgeries behind me so I can lead a normal life again. For the past 10 years (all of my forties) have been in flare ups & not being able to eat certain things & all on all types of med's that can cause awful things. My local doctor said I will be a different person when this is all behind me. Should not need any med's. Will let you know what I find out on Friday.

Looking forward to the update.

And will be keeping good thoughts that the visit with the doctor goes well on Friday.

Will be sending positive thoughts for you on Friday.
(Mass General - miss having the best of the best close by - we lived 10 mins away. I miss home so much everyday...even the winters! :confused3 ;) )

Looking forward to the update.

And will be keeping good thoughts that the visit with the doctor goes well on Friday.

Thank you Kathy. I am so anxious for tomorrow.

Will be sending positive thoughts for you on Friday.
(Mass General - miss having the best of the best close by - we lived 10 mins away. I miss home so much everyday...even the winters! :confused3 ;) )

Hi Christine. I feel like I will be in very good hands at MA General. I would miss 3 of the 4 seasons.;) As I am getting older I absolutely HATE winters. I do like seeing the first snowfall of the season for about 5 minutes and I like a little on the ground for Christmas but that is it. We usually get the worst of it in Jan, Feb & March & those are the 3 longest months of the year (it seems like).

Update coming right up..

I have some time this morning (very shocking) so let's get a little update in..

We arrived to my favorite place on Earth

The check in desk was very busy at 11:30 am & a nice CM with his little Ipad just checked me in where I stood. Our room was ready!! Yay. I believe it was room #3722. All I know is that we had to walk a MILE to get to our room. Four LONG hallways later & here we are

Bad bad Disser that I am..I think that is the only pic I took of the room but hey most look the same. We had a couch, desk & chair, 2 beds etc...

I took pics of our view but I did that a little later. We unpacked our suitcase we had with us & our 2 carryons which most of my clothes were in. I like to have most of my clothes with me. As soon as we were done we headed to Epcot. The view on our 3 minute walk...

DH & I had our Food & Wine shirts on.:goodvibes

The balloon was up at DTD

So I will end it here as I really do need to get ready for work. Stay tuned...

What will we try first at Food & Wine?? I was really feeling hungry at this point!

When will my sister & Brother in Law arrive?? And I surprise them with something.

Yay the room was ready! I love that short little walk to Epcot! I can't wait to see what you had to eat first.

Before leaving I thought I had downloaded Once Upon a Time on my iPad...apparently I didn't do something right. I was so bummed about it the whole plane trip. I keep trying to sit down and watch downtown abbey...someday I will get it done!

It's always a blessing when the room is ready early. :thumbsup2

Lovely photos as you walked over to Epcot (the one thing I did like about the Beach Club).

Yay the room was ready! I love that short little walk to Epcot! I can't wait to see what you had to eat first.

Before leaving I thought I had downloaded Once Upon a Time on my iPad...apparently I didn't do something right. I was so bummed about it the whole plane trip. I keep trying to sit down and watch downtown abbey...someday I will get it done!

Yeah I thought I downloaded the first 2 seasons but when I went to watch episode 3 on the way home it was not downloaded even though it showed on the list of episodes. I still need to check that out.

Love the walk over. It is great.:goodvibes

It's always a blessing when the room is ready early. :thumbsup2

Lovely photos as you walked over to Epcot (the one thing I did like about the Beach Club).

Only one thing you liked about BC?? Yes I love it when the room is ready!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter