These would be cool for the ships

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Weedy, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

I liked that on the Fantasy I didn't have to get KTTW card out of the lanyard to unlock the door....

4. jbshell

jbshell Earning My Ears

That would be awesome...

5. kuhltiffany

kuhltiffany DIS Veteran

Those are similar to the wristbands at Great Wolf Lodge, a room key, charge card, etc. all in one. So handy!

6. stacecakes

stacecakes loves acquiring info as much as fastpasses!

is it really petty of me that my first thought is "but those will look so tacky in pictures!!!" Wonder how easy it would be to slip into pocket for photo ops, at least at formal dinner or after a BBB makeover- makes me sad to see pictures of little girls dressed to the nines with the kids club bracelet marring the outfit.
    Maybe I'm a little more type A than I thought? hmmmm.:confused:

7. Lreip

Lreip Neverland

I totally agree with you staceycakes. My son hated having the kids club bracelet. It's so clunky I just took it off of him lol

8. stacecakes

stacecakes loves acquiring info as much as fastpasses!

Are you allowed to remove the kids club lojack device? How do you get it back on for their next visit- do you just keep it in a purse and ask them to strap it on again later? I'd be willing to do that if it meant having her look more princessy in her BBB pictures. I've actually set aside for packing a cuff bracelet of mine that I was going to have her put on over the lojack bracelet to see if that would help. But if it's clunky as well as unattractive that's a whole different ballgame.

9. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

Yes, I was told we could remove DD"s and that they would put it back on. Unfortunately it turned out to be a non-issue because DD refused to go to the Lab!

10. violetmonarch

violetmonarch Mouseketeer

Perhaps they will allow visitors to choose...I hope :-)

11. Vertigo127

Vertigo127 Mouseketeer

We were told this as well. My dd also refused to go back after the first visit!

12. barbarasc

barbarasc CruiseCrazy

can't I just get a microchip imbedded and they can activate and deactivate as needed? :rotfl::lmao:

13. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

My first thought was that it would be a pain for pictures. I always carried a small pair of scissors to cut the kids' club bands off before dinner. It's been easy to get another one printed up when they check in the next time. I don't like it for WDW either. DH always gets our FPs. It would be annoying to have to stash four of those in his pocket.

14. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

I would definitely like this on the ship but obviously it would have to be water/sweat proof for the pool and gym. I will be at WDW in two days staying on property maybe I'll be one of the lucky and have one of these wristbands for my week long visit.

15. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

Sorry not for me please! I really don't mind something hanging on my wrist for a day in the parks, But for days on end on a cruise would be annoying.
    :confused3
    I prefer the card.

AKK

16. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Don't they have to be water and sweat proof to work in the parks? Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids, not to mention the kids splash areas.

17. MedicGoofy

MedicGoofy DIS Veteran

Guess not many people have been on an all-inclusive trip??

This is the same thing that they use.....as in the wristband itself. And they are no where near as nice as what Disney is showing. I would GLADLY wear one of these if it meant not having to get cards out each time you went into the park. Or grab a card to pay for something.

Talk about taking vacation to another level of ease:goodvibes

18. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We have been on all-inclusive trips and I still would not want the band, primarily because it would have to be stashed for pictures, hoping that it comes off easily and is not put on you tightly. We keep the KTTW cards in our pocket. They take up little space and are easily to get to. I don't see the "hassle" involved with using them.

19. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

Who is old enough to remember (and not miss) the ride tickets for WDW? Never enough E tickets.

20. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Since the KTTW cards control the lights and A/C on the Fantasy, would the bracelets be able to do the same thing? Or would DCL admit that any card will work to turn on the electricity?

21. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I remember and still have a few. My parents had to buy extras ;) for my fav rides.