These character meals - Need Help Please!

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
We're going in March for 7 days. So far we have 3 character meals scheduled. I need feedback please on all three before I choose one to ditch. I am thinking that 3 character meals is too many?

Breakfast @ chef mickeys (I tried to get dinner but not available). We're not really breakfast people but my dd10 likes Mickey - how is the food?

Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner

1900 Park Fare for DD's 1st Birthday Dinner! What is 1900 park fare like? Good food? Good entertainment? Need info please.

Thank you to all!!

-Tammy :cool1:

1900 Park Fare for DD's 1st Birthday Dinner! What is 1900 park fare like? Good food? Good entertainment? Need info please.

Thank you to all!!

-Tammy :cool1:

In August had dinner at Chef Mickey and 1900 Park Fayre - also had dinner at Crystal Palace

This May, we may eat at Chef Mickey again, would never ever have dinner at Crystal Palace again (three strikes and now they're out!) - but 1900 Park Fayre was the best in terms of food, entertainment and service - we are definitely booking another ADR here as soon as we're able.

We just got back last week and did 2 character meals and a Tusker House reserved seating for Nemo...that was enough for us....we saw sooooo many characters in the parks so didn't feel like we missed out on characters. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's (1105 reservation, so ate it more as a brunch) and Crystal Palace at 800 am before park opened. We loved all three of our meals!

I think 1900 Park Fare is more entertaining. I do love them all, but the interaction between Cinderella's step sisters is hillarious at 1900 Park Fare! The food is great too!

Of course, I don't think you can have too many character meals! LOL!

Maybe you should just keep them all. Cinderella's Royal Table wasn't really a character meal for us, just a nice meal. In fact we didn't see any characters during our dinner there, except for Cinderella for pictures downstairs. I can't comment on the other two because we have never been, but me and DS 8 and DS 7 are going in March for 7 nights as well. We have a total of 7 character meals I believe, so I don't think that 3 is necessarily too much.

We liked breakfast at chef Mickey's. It is the basic Disney buffet breakfast...hey, they have Mickey waffles so its all good.

1900 PF...OMGoodness!!! The food was good. The "entertainment" was TERRIFIC!!! The step mother and sisters are hillarious and interact with each other and the guests. DH said he enjoyed that dining experience the most.

I loved Cape May Cafe it was lush and so much fun the characters came round about 3 times while we was there it was so good loved all the food loved it most! x

For what its worth, I definitely don't think 3 character meals is too many (we did 5 in 7 days and would have loved more). If you love the characters, then do as many as you like :flower3: .

As for your choices:

We did Chef Mickeys for dinner and really enjoyed it. Atmosphere is really fun, and food was good (though I can't comment on the breakfast offerings). Characters were great with the kids, and there was lots of "energy" among the patrons.

CRT: not one we did. So can't help there.

1900 Park Fare: we had dinner here and really enjoyed it. Characters are very fun and very "in character". Stepsisters yelled and screetched at each other, Lady Tremaine was eagerly scouting the young male diners for a perfect husband for one of her daughters, Cinderella and Prince Charming were oh-so-regal. Food was very good, service was top notch, and we were very pleased overall with this meal.

We also did breakfast at Donald's Safari Breakfast in AK and Ohanas at the Polynesian, and Crystal Palace for dinner. Ohanas gets the top nod for best overall character meal (it gets 3 thumbs up from our family :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 ), and Crystal Palace was our favourite for dinner. Yummy, yummy food! And we loved the Pooh characters!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter