These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

I'm late but I'm here! How did I miss it?! New baby - that's how!
And you are going back in late August?! Now I have to get things figured out! Flights are on sale today too! Love the packing and the shopping and the sadness over the Starbucks calorie counter and especially the great flight attendant.

Brenda, I'm not even gonna lie. When you talked about the lovely flight attendant comping you because of your son's service, it honestly brought a tear to my eye. We may live in different countries, but I have such respect for all the men and women in the armed services. That was just so nice to hear.

DisneyKid4Life - I agree 100%!

Now off to read Em's dining review!

That was increadibly nice of the AA flight attendant to comp Emily's meal :goodvibes

I'm anxious to hear what happened with ME and the wrong hotel.

That is so very sweet that they comped your food! And thank your son for his service.
Nice "hiccup" that got you guys bumped to the extra legroom seats! Key on such a long flight.

What a wonderful flight attendant!! That story truly brought tears to my eyes, it's so nice to hear of kindness and respect :goodvibes
Yay for the extra leg room upgrade! I hope it made the bus situation I suspect is coming up a little more tolerable lol!!
And yay for Vegas!!! :cheer2:

Yeah - found you thanks to your lovely daughter's linK! :thumbsup2

Great start to your TR. How very nice of the FA to comp your meal. That was super sweet. And woo hoo :cool1: for a brand new plane and extra leg room. I can see that this is going to be a trip full of many upgrades!

Looking forward to more!

Hi Brenda! Just signing on....haven't been on the boards much but glad I checked in when I did or I would've missed your trip! Looking forward to hearing more!

If I were in Vegas during this week, I would be looking for a nice sports bar/restaurant and just planting myself in the seats with LOTS of food to stuff myself with! And watch basketball. ;)

Ha! Nice plan. :upsidedow Thankfully, my DH decided to hang with me and our pals!!

That's awesome that they took care of you and Em on the plane! And you had upgrades starting already! HAHA!! You clearly have a lot of pixie dust and favor, don't you?

Yes Christen, upgrades already. :thumbsup2 it's so funny that Em and I are short so the wider leg room isn't really that noticeable! It was appreciated though.

I want to know how you did in Vegas??

Hi triciari! I lost everything! Just kidding, I came home with what I brought - my DH!! :rotfl2: I don't think the $10 I put in the slot machine hardly counts as gambling! ;)

Brenda, I'm not even gonna lie. When you talked about the lovely flight attendant comping you because of your son's service, it honestly brought a tear to my eye. We may live in different countries, but I have such respect for all the men and women in the armed services. That was just so nice to hear. :lovestruc

BTW, Orlando clocks are just better ;)

Awww... thanks Rob!

For you, a bonus photo! Here's my son in the service (next to me) and my other 3 kids...(Repeat photo from my last PTR in case anyone recognizes this.)

DSC07377.jpg

Have a wonderful time in Vegas!

Ooh, sounds like a plane upgrade! Awesome.

Aww. What an awesome flight attendant! We all appreciate your son's service too. :goodvibes

I agree! Thanks Marissa! Your kind words are appreciated.

I'm late but I'm here! How did I miss it?! New baby - that's how!
And you are going back in late August?! Now I have to get things figured out! Flights are on sale today too! Love the packing and the shopping and the sadness over the Starbucks calorie counter and especially the great flight attendant.

DisneyKid4Life - I agree 100%!

Now off to read Em's dining review!

Hi Alysa!!! Em is such a fan of yours. Your creativity speaks to her creative side.

Thanks for reading! I know your life and hands are full so thanks for stopping by! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear what happened with the bus situation!

Well....after I gave the bus driver back his keys things were all good! Just kidding :lmao:... you'll have to stay tuned. (Watch it be so lame that you are disappointed. No spoiler alerts allowed.)

That was increadibly nice of the AA flight attendant to comp Emily's meal :goodvibes

I'm anxious to hear what happened with ME and the wrong hotel.

Hi Debra! I agree, what a wonderful flight attendant. It was so appreciated.

That is so very sweet that they comped your food! And thank your son for his service.
Nice "hiccup" that got you guys bumped to the extra legroom seats! Key on such a long flight.

Thank you!! I appreciate your kind words. :goodvibes

What a wonderful flight attendant!! That story truly brought tears to my eyes, it's so nice to hear of kindness and respect :goodvibes
Yay for the extra leg room upgrade! I hope it made the bus situation I suspect is coming up a little more tolerable lol!!
And yay for Vegas!!! :cheer2:

Hi there Nicole! Makes you smile that there are such wonderful people that do such nice things in this world. :)

Yeah - found you thanks to your lovely daughter's linK! :thumbsup2

Great start to your TR. How very nice of the FA to comp your meal. That was super sweet. And woo hoo :cool1: for a brand new plane and extra leg room. I can see that this is going to be a trip full of many upgrades!

Looking forward to more!

Hi MK! Yes, a few surprises coming our way. Thanks for joining!

Hi Brenda! Just signing on....haven't been on the boards much but glad I checked in when I did or I would've missed your trip! Looking forward to hearing more!

Hi Denise!! I'm so glad to see you here! Thank you so much for joining. :goodvibes

very cool start to your report! I can't wait for the details on your rooms!

Thanks for joining! More to follow shortly.....:)

Saturday February 23, 2013: Day 1, Part 3

After landing at 5pm, we made our way to the B terminal and by the time we saw the Disney’s Magical Express signs were so excited! It was super quick and easy to show the staff our booklet with our vouchers and to be directed to line 2 for Animal Kingdom Lodge. We were the only ones in our line. I was feeling pretty good about being the first on the bus and you know what that means!!! Unobstructed photo of the WDW sign!

However, after about a 5 minute wait we were directed to a line of people getting on a motor coach. Ok… so we were seated near the back of the bus but we were heading to our resort. Or so we thought!

DSC08090.jpg

DSC08097.jpg

DSC08095.jpg

DSC08100.jpg

DSC08104.jpg

DSC08108.jpg

DSC08110.jpg

DSC08112.jpg

The driver made his announcement as to which resorts he would be stopping. The first time he made his announcement I wasn’t paying too much attention but when he repeated the stops I distinctly heard, Art of Animation, Pop Century, and Caribbean Beach Resort. Uh oh! This bus isn’t going to our resort.

While the bus driver was backing out of the space I booked it down the aisle and said pardon me but we’ve been put on the wrong bus. The driver sighed heavily and just sat there for a few seconds not saying anything. Ok… so do I grab our stuff and get off the bus? Does he call someone on his radio? Do I tap my foot and wait for him to speak?? Instead I did what I thought fit the moment and I turned to the rest of the passengers and apologized and said, ‘so sorry but they put us on the wrong bus so please hang tight until they decide what to do with us.’ Emily said, that was perfect, that was so you.

So the answer isn’t as dramatic as I had envisioned, the driver said, “I’ll take you there.” Alrighty then.. back to my seat and away we go. I’m sure the other passengers were quite pleased that there was no more of a delay than necessary.

By the time we hit the highway and the satellite kicked in the welcome video we were feeling as excited as the kids in front of us. Of course the only problem with a back of the bus seat and the sun having already set… the WDW Welcome sign isn’t so visible. I only saw “Walt… and “Where.” However, I have a cool photo of a kid’s reflection in the window looking at the sign. As many times as I’ve seen the sign from the bus I should remember that there are others like this little one that may be seeing it for the first time. They should be able to experience the awe and the joy of seeing that iconic reminder that they have just passed through a magical portal “where dreams come true.”

DSC08139.jpg

DSC08116.jpg

I suppose the good thing about being on the wrong bus is the fact that we actually laid eyes on resorts that we have never seen. Art of Animation was our first stop and I took a lot of photos since this new resort was fascinating. I will say it again and again… Disney does such an awesome job!

DSC08153.jpg

DSC08188.jpg

Our next stop was Pop Century followed by Caribbean Beach Resort. After the last guest debarked at Caribbean Beach, Em and I moved to the front of the bus. Mostly to see the view better but also to make sure the bus driver remembered that he still had us as passengers. It would have been a shame to be taken right back to the airport after all of that! But not to fear, Mr. Bus Driver took us directly to AKL.

Next Up: Arrival at AKL

I would have done the same thing marching up to the bus driver, that would have freaked me out being on the wrong bus.

I absolutely love the picture of the little kid and the sign. We always watch little ones on the ME to see how excited they get watching the video. Can't wait to read more!

Is just love that you took the bus situation into your own hands!

Good for you.

Making your own public service announcement to the other passengers was probably the last thing that the driver expected!!

How was Vegas - did you bring back a $10K chip for me ;)

I would have done the same thing marching up to the bus driver, that would have freaked me out being on the wrong bus.

I absolutely love the picture of the little kid and the sign. We always watch little ones on the ME to see how excited they get watching the video. Can't wait to read more!

Hi there! Good thing I asked before he finished his run and looked back to see 2 passengers still on his bus! ;)

Is just love that you took the bus situation into your own hands!

Good for you.

Making your own public service announcement to the other passengers was probably the last thing that the driver expected!!

How was Vegas - did you bring back a $10K chip for me ;)

Hi Linda!! Yeah, no! I brought back some chocolates and about an extra couple pounds and I'm not talking your British kind!

I said "hi" to Joh for you.

Here's a couple bonus photos since I'm sure everyone wants to know what Emmysmommy and Wilma-Bride were up to in Vegas! :rotfl2:

DSC04854.jpg

As Christen (francis6306) dubbed this.. "cheating on Epcot"
DSC04861.jpg

DSC05006.jpg

I loaded the other 260 photos to my FB. :)

A couple of updates behind...

Wow, loved your pixie dust appetizer on the airplane. Comfy seats and free food! But even more meaningful than saving a few bucks was the sentiment behind the flight attendant's generosity.

Thank you to your son for his service and thanks to you and your family for your sacrifices!

Guess the transportation pixie dust hit a fail at the ME line, though!

Or not. GREAT picture of the boy looking at the magical gates! And having a little tour of new resorts. And a "private" drop off at your resort.

:goodvibes

Thanks for shairng a couple of your Vegas pictures!

Such a great story on the bus! Loved the PSA :goodvibes

And what is this sighing from the bus driver?? I didn't know CMs were even allowed to sigh! :lmao:

That is a very cool picture of the WDW portal! Not sure how they directed you to the wrong bus, but I liked the way you handled the situation. Too bad you couldn't figure out how to get the bus driver to take you to the AKL first. :lmao:

Love your "cheating on Epcot" pose!

How on earth did that happen?! :laughing: I'm so glad it didn't turn into too much of a problem!

Wow, that picture of the little boy's reflection honestly made me cry! That is the sweetest thing! :goodvibes

When we stayed at Kidani in September, our ME bus that took us back to the airport stopped at those same resorts (CBR, Pop and AoA). On our way to AKL, we didn't stop anywhere except Jambo house, so I'm not really sure what's up with that. Anyway, I'm glad he didn't throw you and Emily out the door! :lmao:

Oh my… Glad you figured it out pretty quickly that you were on the wrong bus! Good thing it was Disney and the CM just decided to take you there! :thumbsup2

(EEK! I was mentioned in your TR! :goodvibes Of course, it was about your Vegas trip, but I'm still excited nonetheless!)

Too bad you don't who the little boy was. That would be a beautiful shot cropped showing the reflection and the sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter