These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emmysmommy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Back to look at your sunrise pictures and the final pictures of your room. Ahhhh! Lovely!

Thanks for posting a pic of you son Chad! You must be so proud. :thumbsup2 On Memorial Day and everyday we must remember to thank Chad and so many others for their service. I always participate in a Memorial Day parade and ceremony and it gives me time to reflect on the great men and women who have and are serving our country!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Oh - and what fun at DL! Love the festive decorations!

4. Disneyfreak616

Disneyfreak616 DIS Veteran

Aw what a fun day for you two! I cannot wait to visit the new DCA. I'm so excited! :yay:

5. pattiken

pattiken Mouseketeer

Looks like a great day at Disneyland! Wonderful pics of you and your husband. That really is an amazing thing what your son is doing, even though I'm Canadian I know what they are doing over there has a lot to do with what we enjoy everyday...our freedom.. From one mother to another I can't imagine what you go through

6. princessmocha

princessmocha Mouseketeer

Finally catching up . . . Those pesky children of mine keep me running around too much . . . :drive:

Thank you to your son, Chad, for his service.

Your pictures of the sunrise are beautiful. It must have been sad to leave the beautiful suite. Perhaps more pixie dust is coming at BLT.

I love your pics of California Adventure and Cars Land. We are planning a vacation there in Summer 2015. I grew up going to DL, since I had an Aunt that lived close by and we have yet to take our kiddos there. I can't wait. Although I am sure a lot has changed since I was last there . . . It's been too many years to count!

7. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

What a wonderful place to spend Memorial Day! :thumbsup2

Thank you to your son for his service. I looked back on your pictures and he sure is a handsome guy. You can also tell he loves his mom! :goodvibes

8. DaveinFallsChurch

DaveinFallsChurch DIS Veteran

Great pictures of you and Chad! A big thank you for his service!! :thumbsup2

What a great way to spend Memorial Day! I think I said it before, but am very envious of how you can skip on over to DLR on any day! :thumbsup2 Well, may not be a skip but you know what I mean. ;) All I have close by here is a Six Flags. Just not the same. :rolleyes1

9. MrsDrewsky

MrsDrewsky DIS Veteran

It must have been hard to part with that beautiful suite!

Thank you to your son for his service!

I love the pics of DCA. The weather looks gorgeous! It looks like you and your husband had a fun memorial day. I hope to visit DLR and DCA once the Little Mister is tall enough to enjoy cars land.

10. DisneyKid4Life

DisneyKid4Life DIS Veteran

Are you insinuating we FB folk wouldn't want to see the pics again?? :lmao:

Ah, I so wish DCA was in full completion when I was there.
    I just loved Paradise Pier. Of course California Screamin' had nothing to do with that. :rolleyes1

And again, I know we live in different countries, but I have such a profound respect for those serving in the military. A very special thanks to your son.
    Wonderful photos of you all. :goodvibes

11. Self_resqing_princz

Self_resqing_princz Mouseketeer

I love that you guys did a mother/daughter trip... your "surprise" room is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! That's the biggest dump truck load of pixie dust EVER!
    My DH and I are going to POR for the first time for our anniversary in Septemeber... I'm hoping we get 1/20th of the amount of pixie dust you guys got! THAT'S AMAZING!:dance3:

12. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting about Chad, thank him for his service and thank you and your family for your sacrifices too. We may not celebrate Memorial Day in may here in Canada, but I do take time often to send my thoughts and prayers that way.
    Great pictures from Disneyland on Monday! Looks like an absolute blast!

13. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi Brenda :)

Such lovely pictures from your Memorial Day trip to the parks

You make a cute couple ! :)

Lx

14. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks Mr. DDW! It was a fun day and I'm glad that you are such a fan!

Thank you so much! Your kind words are appreciated! :goodvibes

Thanks, it was a lovely day and I have the sunburn to prove it! You are right, so many changes to both parks in 6 years but especially DCA.

Hi Sarah! Ha! That's funny about the CL birds. :lmao:

Thank you for your kind comments! :) And thanks for not being annoyed with my posting some of the same photos from FB here!

Em has not seen the Netflix exclusive Arrested Development but she plans to soon since her boyfriend has already seen 6 episodes. :) She's sucking me into being a fan of another comedy series.

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Hi Mary Ellen! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am a proud Army mom! (And I have the T-shirt to prove it!)

I saw that you were participating in a parade, how fun yet meaningful. :hug:

Yes! It was and I loved all the buntings and flags.

Hi Kristen! You have your own Dis-land trip in the queue but you have to finish having your fun at WDW right now! :laughing: You kill me with your Disney travels! Awesome! :cloud9:

Thanks Patti! I appreciate your supportive words! :hug: You are so very kind!

Awww thank you so much. You guys are making me tear up tonight!

We have some more pixie dust but not nearly as much as at YC. :)

You will love Carsland and all of the other improvements since you were a kid. Sounds like you have some great memories attached to DL. :goodvibes

Thanks again!

15. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! My youngest son and I have always had a great relationship - I'm glad you can tell. :)

Thanks so much Dave for your kind words!

I may have DL in my backyard but you have so many historical landmarks that you can skip to! How awesome to see the cherry blossoms and all the memorials and such right where you live!! I don't develop any cultural knowledge from DL - I just know how to score really high with the secret spot on the Buzz Lightyear ride!! :rotfl:

As much as the suite was amazing, we had enjoyed it as much as we could so we were ready to move to another one of our favorite resorts.

Thank you Ashley for your kind words!

You have so many wonderful things to look forward to sharing with Jonah! DL would be a great one to add to the list. :)

Well...I would say that anyone else other than a Diser may get annoyed with all my DL stuff on FB! It's like my own fan page!

Rob - you will just have to come out West and see DCA/DL in all its glory someday! :woohoo: You wouldn't even need to hire a "plaid" CM, I wouldn't charge you anything to be your personal tour guide!! Did you see the Indiana Jones ride?

Thank you for showing your support for those who serve across the border here. It is appreciated! :hug:

Hi there!! Thanks for joining and reading, I'm so glad you are here!!

I hope you not only enjoy your WDW trip but that it is extra special for your anniversary. A huge dose of pixie dust wouldn't be unwelcome!! :) POR is on my radar to stay one day soon. I want one of those princess rooms!!

Hi Wendy!! Thank you for your kind comments!! :hug:

PSA for Teekathepony: And for anyone that is interested in some fabulous photography tips, please check out Wendy's PTR!!

Hi Linda! Thanks so much!! :hug: Awwww, we still like each other, glad it shows.

16. Carable

Carable Mouseketeer

A big thank you to your son and your family for all your sacrifices on our behalf. Loved the CA pics, it is making we want to go so badly as it has changed so much since I was last there.

17. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Love the Memorial Day pictures...especially the ones of your adorable, Chicago Blackhawk loving hubby. :goodvibes

18. Tornado4571

Tornado4571 Earning My Ears

So sweet!

19. Mickey'sMainMami

Mickey'sMainMami <font color=red>I love playing video games!!<br><f

Great TR so far!

20. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Honestly, I've been meaning to update since Wednesday but keep getting distracted! A few replies and then I'll try this again!

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes There's been so many changes in the last year alone and I still haven't tried everything.

Hi Kathy! Thanks. Yeah, glad you guys are compatible... I hear a roar from the man cave and I know the Hawks did something note worthy... and then I see it on his FB post. Too funny!

5 more days!!! and then 13 more days!!! Excited for all the wonderful things you have to look forward to! :banana:

Thank you so very much! Glad you are enjoying it and thanks for joining! :goodvibes

21. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Wednesday February 27, 2013: Day 5, Part 2

We called bell service to have our bags transferred to Bay Lake Tower and then began the very final photo tour of the room. Why not add another 168 photos to the collection?

Bathroom:

[​IMG]

This is something that I didn't feel the need to use on vacation!! A scale!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was there!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No secret documents were hidden in the desk. I checked!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My mother would be proud of me.. I made my bed every day!
    [​IMG]

Fake fireplace.
    [​IMG]

Ready to go...
    [​IMG]

At one point Em decided to be a “hoomba” a human Roomba to clean the floor.

[​IMG]

Then she decided to pose in the port-hole window. Hey look, we fit so nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All this fun was finally interrupted by the inevitable chime of the doorbell.
    Housekeeping needed to do their work since it was our time to move on. We went back up to the 5th floor to say good-bye and thank you to the concierge staff. They kindly offered to take our photo and give us some drinks for "the road." Truly great staff here that do a fantastic job!

[​IMG]

Continued next post