• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

oh the poly... I still don't like the new Lobby.. NOT ONE BIT. i love the OLD lobby. i won't stay there until all the construction is D-O-N-E!

well since i wont work anymore let's throw out another bit of planning information shall we?
I don't feel like working, either. ;)

I saw the new Poly lobby in January and I thought it looked really pretty. When we got there the sun was pouring in the huge windows and the hula lessons were going on. The whole thing is bright and cheery rather than drab, dark and dreary - but then I never did like the dark wood that they used there. :(

Hi! :yay: Following along! Here from the November FB group! Planning our trips for the same month. I was set on the first week in November to be there for my anniversary, but after hearing of Jersey week and crowd levels, I may need to change it up!? :crazy2:

This would be an addition to 50's PT... I just don't know IF we want these?!?!
We were able to get a 4th fastpass for Fantasmic during our Sept trip. The CM said that it was easy to get the 4th fp during less crowded periods.

No we have never been to 50's. But we do have a similar restaurant here called Ed De'bevics we love it. Actually just took the kids there last sunday!
we did a you tube video on it where the waiter took the guys video camera and took off with it! I was DYING!
We used to go to Ed Debevic's when our kids were teens. It was always a lot of fun. I prefer it to 50's because Ed Debevic's is more entertaining. :)

Same here last trip (the surprise trip of a lifetime) we stayed AoA lion king we LOVED IT. Yes moderate is cheaper but you cannot beat TWO BATHROOMS!!!!
Not only two bathrooms but a bedroom for mom and dad with a door that closes. ;)

and why am i not reading a report from you?!?! ugh the rain... good grief the ponchos were our daily wear!!! ohhh what was it like to have a 2BR villa?!?!
I'm not good at writing trip reports. :sad2: The 2BR villas was great. We had breakfast in the villa which saved a lot of money. The villa was huge and we had plenty of space. It was great for a family trip.

Last year we did our Epic Dis meet here in Chicago and this year we will be traveling to the wonderful island of Maine. (yeah you read that right)

So to be able to finally meet these characters in Disney is going to be an adventure... the antics which will ensue! I cannot wait...
Your Chicago trip sounded like a lot of fun. Maine is a little further drive, though. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I've met some Dis-ers in Disney on our past few trips, and it is always fun. :)

Glad to see your report started! I need to get on mine! My 60 day window is coming up this weekend! AKKK!

And I have to figure out how to do links and everything again! Oh my word! I feel like such a bad DISer...thanks Mo! lol!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Lynn

Two bathrooms is a definite bonus! We were renting a tiny place with one bathroom while our current house was being built and there were some near misses if ya know what I mean. And there was the time Nolan flushed a duplo and we had to repair the toilet that night because we had no backup :rotfl2:

Two bathrooms is FANTASTIC! it was so nice to have them last year between showering not to mention 3 males.. :sad2:
HA HA HA HA HA HA those dang duplo's!!! Im sorry it happened BUT FUNNY!!!!

We stayed in Building 3

What view did you have? that would be my second request, The fireworks view was AMAZING! I am HOPING for building 1

Now I want to go too!! :sad:

No one said you can't!!!
Your close to Atlanta? Or in Atlanta? I'm wondering what time i will be driving through again... i would love to stop and meet?!?!

Ah, I gotcha! And hi! :oops:

i hope that helped!

So, I was a total lurker on your September trip, in that I found it a week or so ago and totally binge-read to catch up.

Well i hope you enjoyed the trip report?!?

Mainly because we were there at the same time!

HOW FUN! How about all that rain?!?! CRAZY wasn't it?

I looked back through my photos as I am almost sure we were at Akershus at the same time, but I didn't find anything. Then, I thought to check my hubby's photos, and guess what I found!
16539602640_617b0cd1fd_c.jpg

I'm pretty sure that you and family on the right, right???

OH.... MY.... GOSH.... That is totally US!!! I am dying over here!!! that's Matt in the green shirt Meg is right behind him carrying Duffy IN HER DUFFY DRESS! and Tom standing with his arms crossed!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! this is a riot! ya always wonder if your ever in someone elses' pictures and Poof there it is! Thank GOD i have lost a lot of my puffiness since this!

Did you find yourself in any of my pictures?!?!

Anywho, we'll be off by a week in November, but excited that you guys are getting back so soon! (relatively speaking!)
:flower1:

Dang it! too bad we are going to miss each other this time! I would have loved to stop and say hi! your going the week before me? You might run into D~ and Suzi!!!

Now that is awesome!

Right?!?! How funny!!! im still shocked!!! although it's kinda cool!

I don't feel like working, either. ;)

My eyes are crossing from all the excel sheets here.. so i have to take a break and play on the Dis!
toady is Friday.. SO we shall see how today goes! :tilt: i do have a few thing to get off my desk.. then i SHOULD be free today.

I saw the new Poly lobby in January and I thought it looked really pretty. When we got there the sun was pouring in the huge windows and the hula lessons were going on. The whole thing is bright and cheery rather than drab, dark and dreary - but then I never did like the dark wood that they used there. :(

I hear you can see straight through to the castle? i'll let you know how i feel when we are THERE!!! It was my home away from home. for them to change it was heartbreaking. I was SO AGAINST the whole thing. then Disney send my a brochure for the DVC villas.. they are beautiful. So its now on my bucket list..
Hi! :yay: Following along! Here from the November FB group! Planning our trips for the same month. I was set on the first week in November to be there for my anniversary, but after hearing of Jersey week and crowd levels, I may need to change it up!? :crazy2:

Hi and WELCOME! :welcome:
Thanks for joining! Depends on how you like to travel? it's not like a August crowd but it will be more crowded then another week.
the first weeks crowd levels are at a 5 and 6 - starting November 12 the crowd level will be at a 3..

I'm following along as I enjoyed your family's adventures from your last TR

Hi!!! Thanks for following along! Glad you here for round 2 of Mishaps, shenanigans, and i am sure a few more bloody noses! adventure is the right word. everywhere we go something will happen and we have a story and honest to goodness i don't make this stuff up. Real life is entertaining!!!

We were able to get a 4th fastpass for Fantasmic during our Sept trip. The CM said that it was easy to get the 4th fp during less crowded periods.

yeah in Sept we went for more. But i didn't think of this! Thanks! probably what we will do. then i will have another couple of ADR's to figure out...

We used to go to Ed Debevic's when our kids were teens. It was always a lot of fun. I prefer it to 50's because Ed Debevic's is more entertaining. :)

I LOVE Ed's!!!! maybe one day we can meet up there? the you tube video's i watched yesterday had me in STITCHES! I'm going to post them here..

Not only two bathrooms but a bedroom for mom and dad with a door that closes. ;)

that too!!! :thumbsup2

I'm not good at writing trip reports. :sad2: The 2BR villas was great. We had breakfast in the villa which saved a lot of money. The villa was huge and we had plenty of space. It was great for a family trip.

Yes you are.. just add a ton of pictures everyone will love it! :rotfl:

Your Chicago trip sounded like a lot of fun. Maine is a little further drive, though. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I've met some Dis-ers in Disney on our past few trips, and it is always fun. :)

Oh NO i am NOT driving to Maine.. I LOVE meeting Dis people!

Glad to see your report started! I need to get on mine! My 60 day window is coming up this weekend! AKKK!

No kidding!!! Can't wait to see what you pick!

And I have to figure out how to do links and everything again! Oh my word! I feel like such a bad DISer...thanks Mo! lol!

anything you need let me know i'd be glad to help!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Lynn

Oh you know i have tons....

How exciting that you are planning another trip this time with the kids help

Hi Lisa!!! Thanks for coming over!!! Oh i cannot tell you how much EASIER it is to plan WITH THEM!!! Meg has been non stop you tube everything she can.

The need for new windows is what says I can't go to Disney this year. :sad1: We have two right now that are broken and cannot even be opened. I don't think it will be long before others break too so it's time to replace. Of course that didn't stop me from trying to run some numbers yesterday. But Stitch kept "eating the page" so I didn't even get that done.

Of course we can try to meet in Atlanta unless you are coming through middle of the night again. :rotfl2: I don't live very far off of 75 so it would be very easy to meet at one of the exits near me.

As the saying goes: You Snooze, You Lose. I take a short break from DIS and now I'm on the 4th page. Congratulations on another trip in the works. I'm sure the kiddos are really excited to be going back so soon. BTW, today looks like our last day of really cold weather this winter. We were barely above zero this AM. The rest of the 10 day forecast calls for lows in the low 20's at worst.

Judging on this map:

Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort_Full_15611.jpg

We were right where the 3 is, so water view?? LOL. Honestly I didn't even notice out the window because the theming of the room was so fantastic!

Scrambled Thoughts:
(like i have any other kind?)

Yesterday I was waiting for the kids to get out of school and was reading my book. My mind was not into it. Picked up my phone pulled up some of the FUNNIEST you tube videos i have ever seen.

Let's just say i am a wee bit excited to go to 50's prime time... I HAVE to share with you!
I was in tears watching this one:
And this one:

OMG I WILL BE ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR!
When we got home the kids didn't have home work so we were deep into the black hole called you tube. Matt said he will be on his BEST behavior and will set the table for everyone. whatever... Meg said she HAS to have her elbows on the table to eat... :sad2: Zack and I?
will have all our devices OUT and playing with everything... Hide our food under Tom's napkins. i solemnly swear that we will be up to no good. I know it's Harry Potter but it still FITS!!! I really hope for a great waiter who is willing to do all this!!! Still stand by a PB&J shake sounds disgusting.
What do you all suggest? Also have any of you had any of these experiences?!?!

**On our journey to the black abyss called you tube we came upon Disneyland..... I have never been. This will be a whole other report yet we might go in 2016 around January or February.. **

During all the you tube video's i was chatting with Suzi on facebook.. While D~ was very busy FINISHING MY NEW BAG :rolleyes1

We were trying to figure out our days. Shockingly enough we have the same itinerary! The smart planners that we are!
53015244.jpg

We are most likely DRIVING AGAIN.... Unless some wild thing happens and flights come down a lot..

doesn't she look comfy?!? LOVE to stop to say hello to a couple of people on the way down depending on the time!!! Promise to check in often on the way down. :car:

My PROJECTED days are:
Leave on Friday the 13th <-- yeah how bout that?
Saturday November 14th- HOPE my early check will be granted and i DO NOT get Morticia for check in.
If not leave all the luggage with them and head on over to...
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! Tom said we should start where we left off. This would be our 50's prime time! Hang out with Suzi and D~ early night for us as we will be in NEED of showers and a real bed.

The need for new windows is what says I can't go to Disney this year. :sad1: We have two right now that are broken and cannot even be opened. I don't think it will be long before others break too so it's time to replace. Of course that didn't stop me from trying to run some numbers yesterday. But Stitch kept "eating the page" so I didn't even get that done.

Ohh. well i would say the windows do have to come before a trip... I guess...
I HATE WHEN HE EATS THE PAGE!!! it happens more often lately. noticed if you use a different browser you can get in..

Of course we can try to meet in Atlanta unless you are coming through middle of the night again. :rotfl2: I don't live very far off of 75 so it would be very easy to meet at one of the exits near me.

I would LOVE to try this!!! LOVE! you and connie if possible. Like you said depends on the time we get to GA. i just checked my facebook when i was checking for our drive last year... i believe i hit GA about 6:00???
This is what i had:
"
Somewhere in Georgia.. had a pit stop.
— at McDonald's at 1413 Samnunn Blvd."

it doesn't give a time stamp!?! I must remember to add times we hit these places...

As the saying goes: You Snooze, You Lose. I take a short break from DIS and now I'm on the 4th page.

But your here now and that is what counts!!!

Congratulations on another trip in the works. I'm sure the kiddos are really excited to be going back so soon.

oh they really are.. I think i am more excited. this time around it's not rush rush I think i had way too much planned. this trip will be A LOT more relaxed.

BTW, today looks like our last day of really cold weather this winter. We were barely above zero this AM. The rest of the 10 day forecast calls for lows in the low 20's at worst.

I am not saying a word. when i was on my way this morning it was -2 i will not have my hopes up until i see all this grey snow is GONE!

Judging on this map:

Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort_Full_15611.jpg

We were right where the 3 is, so water view?? LOL. Honestly I didn't even notice out the window because the theming of the room was so fantastic!

our room was where the 0 in on 0501 in building 10 is:

so i need to get on the boards to request a specific room!!!

Since i booked- it was KILLING me not to say anything here. i knew i wanted to finish the trip report and run right into this report. Of course i told D and Suzi. then a couple of days ago
lead to lots of talking about Disney.. Which lead to Bradey's (Suzi's adorable son) birthday in the beginning of November.
Which THEN lead to Suzi wanting to go in November too!!! I was getting excited! D and Suzi have been in Disney together.. always leaving me behind. :sad: rotten friends.
Lo and Behold she WILL be in Disney!!! we will OVERLAP in our dates! Guess who will be possibly traveling with Suzi none other the D! so it is still possible i finally get to be with D~ and Suzi IN DISNEY!!!

So to be able to finally meet these characters in Disney is going to be an adventure... the antics which will ensue! I cannot wait...

To be Continued!
Oh my! What amazing news! Cannot wait for the trip report now!

About how long is the drive?
We drove from NY christmas week. Going down we left NY around 6pm, arrived in WDW around 2 the next day. I used the note app on my phone and recorded each time we stopped and started back up again. As well as what time we arrived in each state, except i forgot to record the time we arrived at our resort for the night.

We were considering staying at AoA on our next trip but can't really decide if it would work because we'll be a party of five but four will be grown ups. I like the idea of two bathrooms but not sure there's really enough sleep space for big people. What do you think??

We LOVE 50's Prime Time. We've been to Ed Debevic's a lot since it's right here but I love 50s so much more!! The servers have so much more personality rather than just being sarcastic and rude. We've had to stand in corners for elbows on the table or bad language. My husband's ice cream sundae came with green beans on it because he hadn't finished his veggies at dinner. Our "cousins from Wisconsin" at the next table were forced to sign a birthday card for my husband when we were celebrating there. It is definitely one of our favorites and a must-do. My favorite thing on the menu is Mom's Pot Roast--to. die. for. I LOVE their caramel sundaes and anything on the menu from "Dad's Liquor Cabinet" :) mmmmmmmm

We were considering staying at AoA on our next trip but can't really decide if it would work because we'll be a party of five but four will be grown ups. I like the idea of two bathrooms but not sure there's really enough sleep space for big people. What do you think??

We had four adults and one child when we went and we slept fine. My aunt and cousin (60 and 14) shared the bed in the room. I (27) slept on the pull down table/bed. And my cousin and her son (30 and 4) slept on the couch as a pull out. So You would have to share a bed, but we all slept pretty comfortable.

I'm pretty sure you passed by my house sometime in the night on the last trip. I remember seeing a Facebook post from you right after I woke up one morning and realized you had gone by while I was sleeping. The McDonald's you tagged up above was in Perry, GA which is about three hours south of Atlanta. We'll figure something out I'm sure of it!

Of course you know my experience at 50s Prime Time but just in case you forgot, here's a link to the story.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ro...updated-9-5-x10.3192698/page-12#post-50285467

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter