• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

After lots of reading, I'm caught up!
We stayed at the Poly in February and it turned both DH and I into Poly people, lol!! It's hard to want to stay any where else after that! I won't tell you how many long weekends we are going there this year, lol.
But, we are staying at AOA in a Nemo Suite next weekend, and I think my kids are going to love the theming and the pool!

Can I ask which crowd calendar you use? Thanks! :)

OMG! HOW SWEET and perfect and lovely is a proposal!!! i would have fainted.. BOOM all that excitement WITHOUT COFFEE?!?! yep fainted.

Ok your talking about pictures yet i am not seeing them!!! :love: :love: :love:

Ok Ok!! haha, let's see if I can get these uploaded correctly...

So we go to the castle, Matt says he wants to take my picture....
me-castle 111510.jpg

Then, tells me to switch places.... now I'm going to take his picture and I can't see all that well for distance... so I'm thinking "what the heck is he doing" and I take the picture anyway....
matt-castle-2 111510.jpg

Of course I couldn't see the ring box, I'm such a dork.... But I'm still kind of baffled by the fact that I took a picture of him proposing, lol!!
Anyway, fast forward 30 minutes or so, we're eating at CP and I'm dazed, confused and engaged!
me-cp 111510.jpg

And I finally got my coffee!

Later that day... not sure why we still don't have our buttons, but we did get them at some point that day!

us 111510.jpg

Oh man those are really huge pictures of my face... I apologize to EVERYONE on this thread!!! I'm sorry people!!!

In an earlier post, I had promised a picture of lions canoodling... this was taken on Kilaminjaro safari on our honeymoon in 2011.
ak safari.jpg

So cute, I love to share this! And that's my case for doing the safari first thing!

she did explain it pretty good... :thumbsup2
That Billie knows what she's talkin about!
D'awwww! :lovestruc Just doing my job! :cutie:

Another question.. WHY didn't your whole message come over? only this tidbit.
Uhhhhh. That's totally freakin' weird. I have no idea! I'm going to cut n paste my original post here, I hope that helps!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

We hope to have an EARLY ADR for Crystal Palace!!!
I have't done CP is 10 years or so, so I have it planned for the December trip as an early dinner before MVMCP! I want to squish Eeyore too, I love him! :cutie:

Hopefully we can get this picture again without jack hands growing out of Zack's head?!?!
HA!!! :laughing: I didn't even notice that until you said it, and now I can't NOT see it!

OK. here is something i cannot figure out.
Memory Maker has taken over for Photopass.. Yet they still offer Photopass.. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?!?!? i am very confused :confused3
Okay, I could be totally wrong here, but the way I understand it is this: Memory Maker is the pre-paid package you can tack onto your reservation that entitles you to unlimited downloads of EVERY SINGLE PHOTO taken by PP photographers during your trip, and it's all linked to your MB. This is EXCLUSIVE to Walt Disney World resort guests. With "PhotoPass," that's available to EVERYBODY. I think this is where the photographer gives you a card and you load all of your photos on that, and you can either stop at the kiosk and have them printed out, or go online when you get home and pick the ones you want to purchase.

Last edited:

i

I am really excited for 50's.. i just hope for a crazy outgoing server.. I might ask for one at the podium!

Do not - I repeat DO NOT do this! Remember my awful experience at 50's in 2012... Which caused us to NOT do 50's in 2013. Do. Not. Ask. For. A. Fun. Server. Promise me. ::yes:: Unless you want a plain 'ol "truck stop" diner experience...

YES!!!!

MVMCPLOGOLg.gif

A re-do of the party!!!! in 2011 we went. I LOVED IT. unfortunately i was NOT feeling well after our Ohana dinner.. I think it was the lapu- did NOT sit well.. so this time i cannot wait to get great pictures of the parade! the marching toy soldiers are my favorite i want this picture:
merry-xmas-party-2.jpg

Yes to MK before the park opens... CP for breakfast is a MUST DO... You must do Pooh's stuffed french toast (it's in the kids section)... Yummy!!! All of the other food is great - but this, this you can only get here. I take 2... or more. :whistle:

Ok Ok!! haha, let's see if I can get these uploaded correctly...

Anyway, fast forward 30 minutes or so, we're eating at CP and I'm dazed, confused and engaged!
View attachment 86920

Later that day... not sure why we still don't have our buttons, but we did get them at some point that day!

View attachment 86921

Awww... This is so sweet! :lovestruc Thanks for sharing... I wish my DH would ask me to marry him in WDW... Oh wait... It's too late for that. Sigh. ::yes::

D~

Crystal Palace is one I need to try again. I was not impressed with our first attempt. The food was cold and rubbery. The CMs were less than magical. But the atmosphere and characters are great. We had a late breakfast (around 10), so that might be our problem. The food had just sat out too long. Next time I will try it earlier.

Yes your Step Dad....I knew that. I pictured that and just typed FIL. I was picturing him the whole time, we met him....he is sweet :)

So excited for your low crowd numbers! And I love that throwback picture with the jack hands coming out of his head. :) So cute.

Thanks! they were so little.. Yesterday i looked at matt, which then he was able to look at me back in the eye.. No more looking up to me. almost the same size.. I hate it. So i yelled at him to STOP GROWING! geesh...

After lots of reading, I'm caught up!

YAY! I hope it was entertaining!

We stayed at the Poly in February and it turned both DH and I into Poly people, lol!! It's hard to want to stay any where else after that!

Your not kidding... The poly is EVERYTHING! i just adore it. it's my home away from home. i cannot wait to get back there one day.. and SOON.. i will get more into this..

I won't tell you how many long weekends we are going there this year, lol.

really?!?!? any of them in November?!?!

But, we are staying at AOA in a Nemo Suite next weekend, and I think my kids are going to love the theming and the pool!

You haven't stayed at AoA yet? YES you will love the pool.. the underwater songs are awesome! looking forward to having a full day just enjoying the resort!

Can I ask which crowd calendar you use? Thanks! :)

I have a subscription to Touring Plans. I LOVE it. once Easy WDW comes out i integrate his with the touring plans and make up my own.. Hope that helps!
I will say touring plans has EVERYTHING you will even need to plan. Including floor plans =window views of the resort rooms! i am currently trying to figure out what room request to put in! :thumbsup2

So we go to the castle, Matt says he wants to take my picture....
me-castle-111510-jpg.86918

AWESOME PICTURE! with NO ONE AROUND! i bet you were a little confused!

Then, tells me to switch places.... now I'm going to take his picture and I can't see all that well for distance... so I'm thinking "what the heck is he doing" and I take the picture anyway....
matt-castle-2-111510-jpg.86919

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S RIGHT THERE!!! i wonder how long he thought about this!!! what a great idea!!!!!

Of course I couldn't see the ring box, I'm such a dork.... But I'm still kind of baffled by the fact that I took a picture of him proposing, lol!!

I blame it on the non coffee intake!!!

me-cp-111510-jpg.86920

See add coffee.. it's the anti Zombie!!! Now look how HAPPY YOU ARE!!!! :love:

us-111510-jpg.86921

What's WRONG with the photographer! why don't you have your hand out showing off your ring!!!!!!!
grumble.. I need to go and work there...
OR could have angled you guys so the ears behind you are yours and the same pose as the figures behind you..

Yep i need to go and work there.

So cute, I love to share this! And that's my case for doing the safari first thing!

awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! How cute are they?!?!

D'awwww! :lovestruc Just doing my job! :cutie:

Thank you for doing it so well!

Uhhhhh. That's totally freakin' weird. I have no idea! I'm going to cut n paste my original post here, I hope that helps!!!

thank you! This time i did a multi quote to get it all!

I have't done CP is 10 years or so, so I have it planned for the December trip as an early dinner before MVMCP! I want to squish Eeyore too, I love him! :cutie:

He is squishable! Love him!

HA!!! :laughing: I didn't even notice that until you said it, and now I can't NOT see it!

Love doing that to people.. eye of the photographer.. ya see everything.

Do not - I repeat DO NOT do this! Remember my awful experience at 50's in 2012... Which caused us to NOT do 50's in 2013. Do. Not. Ask. For. A. Fun. Server. Promise me. ::yes:: Unless you want a plain 'ol "truck stop" diner experience...

no.. no i don't remember.. Send me the link? you asked for an upbeat server and you got a dud?

Yes to MK before the park opens... CP for breakfast is a MUST DO... You must do Pooh's stuffed french toast (it's in the kids section)... Yummy!!! All of the other food is great - but this, this you can only get here. I take 2... or more. :whistle:

ha! i will see.. I am not a huge breakfast person unless it's bacon.. loads of bacon..

Awww... This is so sweet! :lovestruc Thanks for sharing... I wish my DH would ask me to marry him in WDW... Oh wait... It's too late for that. Sigh. ::yes::

D~

you can always renew.. or get a new ring! like for your 20th anniversary?!? I don't even wear my wedding rings anymore.. I wear the mother's ring they boufght my for Mommies day years ago! LOL

Crystal Palace is one I need to try again. I was not impressed with our first attempt. The food was cold and rubbery. The CMs were less than magical. But the atmosphere and characters are great. We had a late breakfast (around 10), so that might be our problem. The food had just sat out too long. Next time I will try it earlier.

yuck! No- buffet food that sits around would be yucky... Thankfully we will be there first thing!

Yes your Step Dad....I knew that. I pictured that and just typed FIL. I was picturing him the whole time, we met him....he is sweet :)

ha ha ha ha... Thanks I do love that old man.

:badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:
computer issues? I have plenty. First THIS computer is acting wacky apparently there was a power surge during the night. some of the people who leave their computers on.. well their computers are trash.
Mine is just being stupid.

Last night went home from Job 1 tried to burn a few CDs... and NOTHING..
won't read the CD-R.. WHAT the :badpc: off i went to try to rectify my laptop.
Many updates later i haven't tried. what i did so was upload the easter pictures!

I know you all were sitting on the edge of your seats with baited breath to see our Easter! so without further adieu... I will post Easter!

I do have a HUGE announcement... I will post that in a second...

I guess I should go ahead and subscribe to Touring Plans! :)
I haven't planned our fall trips yet. I know we want to trip and see Halloween docorations (never have!) and Christmas too.

What a sweet proposal, and so awesome to have pictures! :lovestruc

BIG announcement!!!

Has nothing to do with us.. he he he he...

I don't know if you watch these two. We do. We look forward to every wednesday for a new show.. Incidentally they were the same time as US!!! so we have been watching to see if we can see us..
Nothing yet.. We even did the same MNSSHP together.. well yesterday we were watching and lo and behold we DID find a fellow Dis-er!!!!

LOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
she is in line right in front of them in a pink shirt.. She stops to look behind them looking for someone.. clearly it is LOIS!!!

she is adorable...

Last edited:

it's totally worth every penny...

I haven't planned our fall trips yet. I know we want to trip and see Halloween docorations (never have!) and Christmas too.

remember November... I think you need to do November.. just sayin... :rolleyes1

it's that sweet?!?! ohhh i wish Tom did something sweet like this.. Let's just say it was NOT romantic at all..

I did it!

AWESOME PICTURE! with NO ONE AROUND! i bet you were a little confused!

Oh most definitely! Sometimes people ask about pre-RD ADR's and I try and communicate to them what a great opportunity for photos it can be. I know it's not always quite this empty, but it's definitely worth taking advantage of at some point! pixiedust:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S RIGHT THERE!!! i wonder how long he thought about this!!! what a great idea!!!!!

Apparently he was thinking of this later in the week, during the Christmas party, but was worried about keeping track of the ring all week. Funny thing was, I was picked for a random bag check while in line to board the plane at the airport... he was so glad he wasn't picked because they completely went through my carry-on!

What's WRONG with the photographer! why don't you have your hand out showing off your ring!!!!!!!
grumble.. I need to go and work there...
OR could have angled you guys so the ears behind you are yours and the same pose as the figures behind you..

Yep i need to go and work there.

I agree... you're hired!

I do have a HUGE announcement... I will post that in a second...

Patiently waiting.... or not so patiently! popcorn::

:thanks:

Easter!

Ok a quick Easter post..

Yes, my kids still believe in the Easter Bunny.. I'm not going to be the one to tell them..

Saturday i worked til close which means i didn't get home until 11:15 (ish) Tom switched his security shift from Sunday to Saturday to be home for Easter with us.. Kids were sleeping so off i went to hide 9 gazillion eggs.
Tom got home about 12:30 it was time to get the baskets put together and hide those as well..

After a bit of debating we came up with hiding them in the upstairs shower. we have never hidden anything upstairs so this might be a good idea.

The baskets:

Yep more stuffed animals.. and yes MORE STITCHES!
Meghan's

Zack's

Matt's

we probably got about 3 hours of sleep before Meghan comes into the room.. in her sweetest little girl voice... Mommie can we look for eggs yet?
i KNOW the boys sent her in because of her voice plus know i would NOT allow a 5:30 wake up call...

6am THEY ALL came into our room.. can't ignore all three at one time.. IMPOSSIBLE.. they are relentless.
I was a zombie.

downstairs we went..

images

See that? i couldn't even operate my camera..

DX_format_vs_FX_format_Nikon_NIK29.zone_7.new_CG31658.jpg

DUH..

They didn't bother with the eggs yet. they wanted their baskets..

A VERY UPSET Peanut. they could not find the baskets... they were NO WHERE TO BE SEEN..

THE HORROR.

I can't stand to see my kids little dreams get crushed. So i helped out Meghan a wee bit..

They knew exactly who's was who's

PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun isn't even out yet..

very excited kids.. Zack did get a new ANKI DRIVE car which he has been wanting forever..

a tsum tsum purse.. It's SO CUTE!

a bow and arrow set.. Zack was not happy about this:

as he knows who Matt's target will be.

one pound gummy bunnies!

Happy kids:

after ripping threw their baskets it was time for the egg hunt. which consisted of me hanging out on the couch with coffee...

I was DEAD on my behind.. SO TIRED.. thankfully is was BEAUTIFUL outside. the kids threw on some shorts tee shirts and went out to play for most of the day.

i was able to put everything in the oven at appropriate times and again sat on the couch. watching our Disney videos!!!

Next up...
What we do with Easter eggs.....

Easter Eggs...

I don't know what anyone else does with their easter eggs.. LONG tradition in our family is the Easter Egg WAR. As early as i can remember this is a tradition. (my family is deranged)
we keep it up...

Rules of War is you cannot lift the egg at anytime. Must keep the war in the middle. try not to hurt the fingers of the opponent. <-- someone always gets hurt namely peanut.

what ya do is grab a egg and ram it into the opponent. the one still standing is declared the winner go on to the next opponent so on and so forth.. We now make a couple of eggs JUST for the war. or as others call the ugly egg..

egg down!!!!!!!!

causalities of war

it's quick

as you can see they LOVE THIS

ugh oh.. teaming up

aerial shot

Now was Dad's turn:

His egg was brought in the theme music of the imperial march...
This is Bob.

Bob Meet Matt the destroyer

Need less to say Bob didn't last long and Tom lost:

Will THIS be the last of Bob??? stay tuned...

Joining in on your Pre-trippy as I get ready to start mine. We'll be overlapping because we have the trip that....just keeps growing. We've got a few things in common. I've got 3 kids too, but they all came in different years...;) Only my youngest is the same ages as your triplets. Our brood will be 15, 13 and turning 11 by our trip.

We've got a whopper amount of planning to do because this trip keeps evolving for us. It started as an October homeschool days trip, but hubby didn't want to be that warm. So then we found the Carolina Homeschoolers trip, which means going the week of 11/15-11/21 to get the super awesome ticket prices. But...THEN...my husband said if I'd run the F&W Half we'd go down super early...which puts us at about 18 days for this vacation.

We're in the middle of arranging all the rooms. Lots of resort hopping this trip. We did hit the jackpot yesterday and score 2 nights at the new Poly Villa studios. Tomorrow I'll be on the phone trying to get a 1-Bedroom at Grand Floridian....then Saturday, it's 2 weeks at Kidani in a 2 bedroom.

Maybe we'll cross-paths in the parks.

Leigh

Egg War Part 2

as the war carried on

in the background in true Star Wars fashion Bob was being re-built.

then..................
The return of Bob.

needless to say.. It wasn't the re-build as Tom expected...

They tried armor from their fallen compadres.

Like a tank

which still couldn't hold up against the one and only..

The Winner and STILL CHAMPION:

Yes she still holds the belt..

I hope you all had a great Easter too!!!

I really need those Stitch and Angel stuffies! I've been eyeing them on the Disney website for a while now. I'm leaving work at noon today for a 1:30 meeting with our financial adviser. I have a feeling that my car may make a detour to the mall on the way home. ::yes::

The egg wars seem interesting. o_O :D I know if Jim and I tried that there would be serious injuries because we are both way too competitive.

I need to remember to come back later and watch that video for Lois. Don't really have the time today. And speaking of time, I really should not be on the DIS as I have a million things to do and I have to leave in 45 minutes....

LOVE all your Easter pics! The baskets are adorable! MORE STUFFIES!! I just MIGHT have taken a stuffie pic for you and the kids in my TR but you might never get to see it due to not getting notifications LOL! :rotfl:

We used to do the "war" too. Although we would hold them up and count to three and bang them together. The one egg that won would get taken outside and smashed to bits. My cousin and I would love that game and we did it with my grandparents. Man I miss them! :angel:

Oh most definitely! Sometimes people ask about pre-RD ADR's and I try and communicate to them what a great opportunity for photos it can be. I know it's not always quite this empty, but it's definitely worth taking advantage of at some point! pixiedust:

YES YES YES!!!

Apparently he was thinking of this later in the week, during the Christmas party, but was worried about keeping track of the ring all week. Funny thing was, I was picked for a random bag check while in line to board the plane at the airport... he was so glad he wasn't picked because they completely went through my carry-on!

this is too funny.. the poor guy must have out of his mind!

I agree... you're hired!

I think so too..

Patiently waiting.... or not so patiently! popcorn::

I DID!!!

Joining in on your Pre-trippy as I get ready to start mine.

YAY and a big :welcome:
Thank you for coming aboard!!!

We'll be overlapping because we have the trip that....just keeps growing.

Oh My!! How many people do you have?

We've got a few things in common. I've got 3 kids too, but they all came in different years...;) Only my youngest is the same ages as your triplets. Our brood will be 15, 13 and turning 11 by our trip.

AWW!!! three kids are still three kids.. when they were babies wasn't so easy!

We've got a whopper amount of planning to do because this trip keeps evolving for us. It started as an October homeschool days trip, but hubby didn't want to be that warm.

what's a homeschool days trip? I am looking forward to the lower temps.. Sept was HOT!

So then we found the Carolina Homeschoolers trip, which means going the week of 11/15-11/21 to get the super awesome ticket prices. But...THEN...my husband said if I'd run the F&W Half we'd go down super early...which puts us at about 18 days for this vacation.

What's that?
18 day vacation?!?! HOLY CROW!!! that's amazing awesome and i am super jealous!

We're in the middle of arranging all the rooms. Lots of resort hopping this trip. We did hit the jackpot yesterday and score 2 nights at the new Poly Villa studios.

YOUR KIDDING ME!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG i am SOOOOOOOOO Jealous!!!!! you MUST and i mean MUST post tons of pictures! i want to hear all about this!

Tomorrow I'll be on the phone trying to get a 1-Bedroom at Grand Floridian....then Saturday, it's 2 weeks at Kidani in a 2 bedroom.

another jealously.. AKL sounds heavenly.. Not a fan of GF.. Boy oh Boy your all over the deluxes! Did you hit the lottery?!?! :rotfl:

Maybe we'll cross-paths in the parks.

Leigh

I hope we do!!!

I love the pink stitch, but have no idea what her name is and it's driving me nuts! Her tsum tsum purse!!!!! Love it. I saw some fabric with tsum tsum a on it that was adorable. I'm trying not to buy it cuz I don't know what I'd make. Still--I hear it calling my name....

Your egg war is too funny! And way more creative them our making of the 5,000 deviled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, eggs in salads.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter