• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

LOVE Tusker House for Breakfast! Eat me some Mealie Pap...but wait you are from up north...do you do grits? LOL? Because Mealie Pap is just glorified cheese grits. But oh so YUMMY!

i know what they are. I am not a fan.. I don't like the texture of them!? I might try them this trip!

Wait, a new dog store at DTD? how did I miss this? Where can I find pictures?

Ariana just posted a pic down there somewhere! doesn't look too good.

I friend told me that she has a shopping list for me at Once Upon a Toy...right now it looks like I need to get 3 regular boxes of Mr Potato head pieces and one large box. These things are a challenge to me!I actually enjoy packing.

HA HA HA HA! your on the potato head search!!!! Good luck with that!!!

And wow a crowd level of 1! AWESOME!

I KNOW! YAHOO!!!

And what happened to photos on our 2011 trip...slacking that year?

I guess so! We did go with friends so i am sure my normal pic stop was overlooked! :sad2:

I haven't tried Tusker House for breakfast but lunch was wonderful! I usually can't eat a large breakfast (darn stomach issues) so I'm not sure I'll ever make it there.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!? You never tried breakfast?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!? Pluto is there too! I do love their food...

As far as I know, none of the new stuff will be open till sometime in 2017. But everything you have planned sounds wonderful.

I know it will be finished I am hoping some new stuff will be opened. and PRAY some of the walls are GONE. last Sept was a hot mess there.

I do know they keep changing around the character meets (Tarzan was meeting at one point this spring) so who knows who will be out and about by November.

now that i have this handy dandy Kenny the pirate app i will be OK! we MUST meet Dug. that's the ONE M&G Meghan wants.

I love hitting up DTD after AK! Since AK closes so early it's the ideal time to head there.

Cannot agree more! we have done this every trip.. works out well for us.

OK, let's talk about the dog store at DTD. Hate to disappoint you but it's pretty pathetic. NOTHING Disney, mainly stuff you can buy at any pet store but with jacked up prices. It's kind of tucked in next to Fun Finds. Here's a picture I took in February.

You GOT to be kidding me! That's it? just a kiosk?!?! I thought this was going to be a store!
Just blows my mind how Disney doesn't have more for our furry friends! I mean Disney is ALL about dogs! name one movie that does not have a furry friend! Why have they NOT marketed this yet is beyond me:sad2:

Okay finally all caught up!

Not much going on here... GLAD YOUR BACK and thanks for coming back!!!

Girl drama???? WTH! They are too damn young to be dealing with that crap! And it really sounds so if the mom is a huge instigator of the whole thing!

your not kidding. if the Mom had stayed out of it it would have worked itself out. I am all about knowing what my kids are into and making sure they are on the right path, i will only get involved if it gets too far- this? Crazy... stop living through your kids!!! Let them Love their lives! it's THEIR TIME!

Anyways... Love all the pictures from the Museum! Sucks that you didn't have your camera, but you got some great pics!

they did do a great job!

Love your day plans for EPCOT and MK!!!! Some must-do's we had as well! But you can read all about that in my TR!

I am waiting for said report... :hourglass

CROWD LEVEL 1?!?! :scared1: That's amazeballs!!!

I know!!! Way excited!!!

Love love love Animal Kingdom. Am I the only person who can easily spend a full day there? :confused3

Nope. not a full day. Plus it does close early.

I loved Tusker House for breakfast on my last trip. Going to try it for dinner in December, and thrilled they have added the characters to it! :goodvibes

I forgotten they added the characters for dinner! SCORE! love their breakfast

The "Now and Then" photos are GREAT! :cutie:

Thanks!

SHOPPING!!! YAAAASSSSS!!! :thumbsup2

YES! one of the best parts of the trip!!! YAY! SHOPPING!!!!

Not to. Just your bubble, but I bet it won't stay such a low crowd level. If they offer free dining, people will start booking like crazy. The crowds always change. But starting at a 1.....well I think you'll still be all set :)

Listen up there Debbie Downer. the levels will be perfection!!! regardless of 1 or moved up to a 2. the tracking day is still at a 3.
Yeah if Free dining is announced it will be a bit busier nothing impossible! just gotta have a little faith trust and pixi dust! :thumbsup2

We are gonna try Tusker for breakfast for the first time too! Very excited for that :)

You haven't been?!?! your going to love the food... and all the Mickey waffles you can consume in ONE SITTING!!! DId you do Ohana for breakfast? It's pretty much the same juice. My family goes bonkers for it. I'm not such a huge fan of mango. yet the coffee is good!

LOVE YOU...

MEAN IT!!!!!!

I hope Matt feels better soon! Nuttella is the breakfast of champions...It can't have been that it must've been the wine! ;)

Yuck. i wish they wouldn't drink out of the cup.. kinda grosses me out. regardless if it's blessed or not..

Tusker House is on my list for our trip this year too, we never got to try it last time and the food always looks so delicious! Most of our do-overs (or just do-for-the-first-times) are AK-related as we only got a half day there last trip (I can't believe it either! Blame the sunstroke I got during that 1/2 day :S ).

TH is delicious!!!! it's the only place we do the TS.
AK isn't a full day for us either. I feel if i want to see animals we can go to one of the 2 zoos we have here. I am there for DISNEY! so we do all the disney-themed stuff!!!

Wine, wafer, and Nutella....cant blame the poor kid for getting sick! I'm not catholic but my DH is. He won't drink the wine at church either. Im just glad we have the tiny individual cups at my church.

Nope not our church it's the one chalice... I tried to explain to them it's not sanitary.

I love that ecard! It's so true, isn't it? DH was trying to talk to me when I was making a playlist for our cruise and then complained when I didn't answer--really? The man has lost his mind!

HA HA HA HA! I need a new playlist!!! I hope to work on this over the weekend! It'll be hard not to listen to it until the trip.. BUT I MUST! maybe i will make two one for the everyday car rides and one for the disney ride?!?!

A crowd level of ONE? I'm planning my next trip whenever you go again. You bring some awesome pixie dusted luck with you!

aww! more the merrier! Come on down!

Tusker house? Sigh....Love it!

YES! it's the best in AK!

Those then and now pics are too adorable! What a fun way to see how they've grown

Thanks! it'll be fun to watch them grow.. AT DISNEY!!!

Poor Matt, I hope Stitch helped his belly settle quickly.

Oh it did. as soon as he got home of course.... whatever i was happy to get out of this place.

AK plans look good!

Thanks!

I love all your photo traditions. It's gonna be a lot of fun in 10 years to see them all side by side.:love:

your right it'll be a lot of fun to watch them grow... Even if i am not allowing them to get any older..

I don't know what will be finished in AK by November, maybe Rivers of Light (I think that's what the night time show is being called)? That'd be exciting!

I don't think any of it will be done until 2017. BUT i am hoping some of the walls are down. totally blocking the tree of life. I had no good view of it last trip it was totally covered by the walls.

Where do you get your crowd levels? I'm a bad Disney planner and haven't really looked for our trip; we decided based on EMH and ADRs!

Touring plans! I subscribed!! then i will compare them to Josh's site over at easywdw once his calendar comes out i can make a more concrete plan of attack.

I love DTD! I bet a good bit of the new Springs concept will be complete by Novemeber, and those plans look so lovely! Plus it'll be nice to not have all those walls up. We visited DTD in May for a quick lunch and some shopping and the walls made everything feel so tight. It was unpleasant, to say the least.

here's to hoping a lot of it will be completed! :drinking1
i do love DTD last time it was a hot mess it was blocked off at the lego store and people were bumping into each other like lemmings.

A crowd level of 1, seriously? How awesome is that? :woohoo: SCORE!

I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! cool beans!!!

Your day sounds awesome - starting off with our very favorite TH! Life is best when you start your AK day out there.

i agree especially when you can book before opening now!!! I do have a question about the safari i will be posting soon.

Lots of Safari and lots of EE... After that - everything else is gravy. It's gonna be a great day for sure!

I hope it's not so cold we can't do the rapids. we do like the ride but not walking around soaked.. in the cold... ya know?

Then off to DTD... Love DTD - so much fun! Looks like Ariana gave you good directions to Happy Hound. :thumbsup2

I did see i last time. But it wasn't fully opened. Now i am a little depressed it isn't more! COME ON DISNEY! they should have a whole store dedicated to animals!!!

And, of course- love the Now n' Thens... So cute!!! Little midgets are adorable! Swoon! :lovestruc

D~

Thanks! I love the pictures as they get older. fun memento to keep as they get too big for me.

You might have said this already, and I apologize if I missed it, but what site do you usually use for crowd forecasts? Awesome to hear a 1 crowd level!

I use touring plans i am subscriber!

Looks like we will be in some of the same places!

YAY!!! your a great planner! ;)

We are planning on HS on Sunday 11/15, MK for Monday 11/16, and AK for Tuesday 11/17! :flower1:

yep your a great planner!!!!

And now knowing that our AK day has a predicted crowd level of ONE!!!!! How awesome!:flower1:

it's going to be fantastic!!!

We are planning on exploring the resort and just relaxing on our arrival day (Saturday 11/14).

this sounds like a great plan... we cannot relax on our arrival day. Knowing we are finally in Disney we need to GO to a park! :earseek:

Wednesday 11/18 will be our day off, then Thursday 11/19 is Epcot and Friday 11/20 MK!

good idea!!!

So I'm sure we can find a time to meet up! Woohoo! My first Dismeet!

:dogdance:

Hope Matt is feeling better!!

YAY!!! I do love me some dis meets!!! can't wait! you do know we must have photogenic proof we met.. every time right!?!

Today:
I am not a happy person today actually i have a pee poor attitude.
Just found out the kids school is having some fun pizza party night for grades 6-8.
I'm sorry what? What about 3-5?!? oh No...
So i just send a nasty email to the president.
THEN
dog club is supposed to hold an obedience trial everything is supposed to be submitted to AKC next month. Found out they don't have a place-judges-or trial sec.. ARE YOU KIDDING? the Trial Sec quit on them last week apparently wants the club to fold.. Such BS. so three of us are secretly getting the trial together. It's not going to be easy.

all this happened within the last hour here.... Nonsense. i am so tired of petty BS from people...

Meghan drama update. As predicted all the girls are getting along. HAD the mother stayed out of it all the girls would have worked all this out be themselves a lot earlier then now. :sad2:
the two girls are talking and getting along a lot better going against what the mother wants for her girls to stay clear of the one. well... they all get along now.. GEESH!

OK next installment is going to be full of AK questions.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!? You never tried breakfast?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!? Pluto is there too! I do love their food...

Nope, no Pluto at Tusker House. :sad: When Mom and I did lunch in October it was Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy.

You GOT to be kidding me! That's it? just a kiosk?!?! I thought this was going to be a store!
Just blows my mind how Disney doesn't have more for our furry friends! I mean Disney is ALL about dogs! name one movie that does not have a furry friend! Why have they NOT marketed this yet is beyond me:sad2:

I know, it's really sad. Disney did do dog stuff at one time, I remember seeing stuff in 2010 and maybe 2011. I guess it didn't sell well enough because they discontinued the line.

Nope, no Pluto at Tusker House. :sad: When Mom and I did lunch in October it was Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy.

Yep. No Pluto, just Donald (inside, not even outside anymore!), Daisy, Mickey, and the Goofster. Granted, I swore in 2012 we saw Minnie ... but I think I'm going crazy. The kids look at me like I'm nuts. :confused3 We've done lunch in 2012 and 2014. We wanted to try breakfast this trip ... but Tusker House is certainly a MUST DO! :woohoo:

Animal Kingdom Questions!

1. When is the best time to do the safari?
  2. What are some MUST-Do's for all of you?
  3. where should we have our QS?
any other recommendations?!?!

I'm sorry did you say you wanted to see pictures from AK?
OK have to appease my audience!

Matt was SCARED to DEATH over stitch. I wasn't aware until we saw him again later in the trip at epcot He wouldn't go near him.. Now? He is his favorite character!!! got me...

Why did i think he was there?!!? DANG IT!

I know, it's really sad. Disney did do dog stuff at one time, I remember seeing stuff in 2010 and maybe 2011. I guess it didn't sell well enough because they discontinued the line.

What the what.. well let's campaign and get one going!!! RALLY!!!

Ask and you shall receive!!!!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Im excited!!!!

Yep. No Pluto, just Donald (inside, not even outside anymore!), Daisy, Mickey, and the Goofster. Granted, I swore in 2012 we saw Minnie ... but I think I'm going crazy. The kids look at me like I'm nuts. :confused3 We've done lunch in 2012 and 2014. We wanted to try breakfast this trip ... but Tusker House is certainly a MUST DO! :woohoo:

Dang nab it i thought he was there. But going threw my pictures i see he was not included.. sad.
Minnie is there i do have a picture with her in 2011 maybe in 2014 too??
Kids think everyone is nuts unless it's someone their age... i LOVE the breakfast... LOVE it!!!

any other recommendations?!?!

1. We do the safari at least twice! More if we can squeeze in the time. The animals are more active early in the day. So I recommend riding FIRST THING. And then checking back whenever you can squeeze it in. We are planning to ride first thing, then after lunch sometime. :thumbsup2

2. EE, FotLK, Nemo, and the trails. We can't leave unless we get those done (outside of the safari). We skip DinoLand and the bird show. I can't handle birds flying over head. It freaks me out. :scared1:

3. My favorite is FTBBQ! However, Y&Y CS is good, too. :thumbsup2

YES! Check out the entertainment and let the kids play. We loved stumbling upon outdoors entertainment. So neat to watch. :cloud9:

Dang nab it i thought he was there. But going threw my pictures i see he was not included.. sad.
Minnie is there i do have a picture with her in 2011 maybe in 2014 too??
Kids think everyone is nuts unless it's someone their age... i LOVE the breakfast... LOVE it!!!

You forced me to check my pics. Donald outside (but he's no longer outside, he's inside only), Mickey, and Goofy. No Minnie. I swear I saw her in 2012 though ... Yet, if I saw her, I would have gotten a pic. I know she wasn't there in 2014 for our lunch. Maybe she's a pop-up surprise character? :confused3

A level of 1? We had a couple of those our last trip but never went to the park with the 1. We went to AK with a crowd level of 2. We didn't need our Fast Passes at all, except it would have come in handy at Lion King, just to get out of the heat a little faster. We did EE 6 times in a row, that was my limit. I did Primeval Whirl 3 times in a row with Chelsea. When is Animal Kingdom supposed to start operating in the evening with its new nightime show? We went for EMH on this day, so we rode EE, those 6 times, and the safari once before it was open. The longest wait was to see Pocohontas. We were turned away the first 2 times and finally got there 30 minutes before she was supposed to greet again (about 20 people in line before us) and made it just before they cut the line off again. We were pretty much done by then, so figured it was fine to wait that long. The kids had a great time.

I hope Matt is feeling better today.

Level one would be so amazing!!
I would go on the safari twice if I could! We went in the morning both times we have done it- first thing and have had little to no wait and a good experience.
We really enjoyed Flame Tree.

1. Best time for Safari is early. There were soooo many animals out.
2. EE and Safari. Primeval Whirl for Chelsea. And characters.
3. For QS we have done Restaurantosaurus both years. We went there the first year, because it was close to Dinosaur and that is when we had a pulled a FP. They were so nice and told the kids to ask for the pin board and just so accomodating, that my kids won't eat anywhere else. I tried, we looked at every menu, and ended up walking all the way back to that one.

I like to do Safari either first ting in the morning or last thing in the evening. But I normally go in hotter months and this is when the animals are more active.
My must do's are Safari, ITTBAB and throwing my money away at the games in dinoland (don't judge me, lol)
QS...we have tried both Yak & Yeti and Pizzafari. Not wild about them, but they will do in a pinch. We are trying Flame Tree this trip. I have heard good things about it.

Take care!

• When is the best time to do the safari?
  • What are some MUST-Do's for all of you?
  • where should we have our QS?

I have found that early in the morning seems to be the best time for animal activity. Also, the cooler it is, the more active they seem to be. If it's hot and muggy, they just want to sleep!

My Must Dos at AK are the Safari, EE, Dinosaur, FOLK and Pluto meet and greet. Other than Flame Tree I really don't have a must do food item here but I've been wanting to try one of the cupcakes at the bakery in Africa.

For QS, I really love Flame Tree but Pizzafari isn't bad either. I hear a lot of good stuff about the Yak and Yeti QS but my pickiness has kept me away. The only one I've read multiple bad reviews on is Restaurantasarus but I've never tried it myself.

Have you seen Flights of Wonder? I like catching that one every couple of years. Lots of good photo opportunities with the birds.

YAY!!! your a great planner! ;)

Haha, thanks! Great minds!
And yes, totally agree, there will have to be evidence that we met! :chat:

1. We have had really good luck with the safari first thing in the morning. We actually got a great picture of the male lion canoodling the female lion during an early morning safari on our honeymoon in 2011. Can't add it here, as I'm at work and all of those image sites are blocked, but I'll try and add it sometime if I think of it.
:simba:

2. Must-dos: Safari, EE (even though it rattles my brain a bit), Kali river rapids, Flights of wonder, and most of all - FOTLK!
:earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl:

3. I remember having a really good salad one time at Restaurantosaurus (or maybe I just liked saying that), but that was about 5 years ago now. Last trip we sat at the bar at Yak and Yeti table service. Needless to say, we won't be doing that this time with baby in tow! I'm thinking we will do Yak & Yeti QS. We might even just share a few of meals amongst all of us... but only because we're planning on going to 'Ohana that night! Gotta save room!
:stitch:

Crowd Level 1???? I might need to rethink our plans a bit...I need to take a closer look at the crowd levels for this week. I don't have Touring Plans, but I did check out Undercover Tourist Crowd Levels, but I don't remember seeing a 1. :) I also like easywdw crowd levels...they seem to be pretty accurate but the November Crowd Levels aren't out yet. Maybe I just need to sub to Touring Plans :)

1. I have to agree with everyone's recommendation of doing the Safari first thing in the morning. We did this our last trip and we definitely got to see a lot more animals!! :)
2. Must-dos: Safari, Dinosaur, FOTLK (this trip because I've never seen it), EE for DH
3. I haven't done a QS at AK before because we have always done Rainforest Cafe, but I have heard great things about Flame Tree BBQ so that is where we are planning on having lunch on our AK day.

I need to look back through your plans to see if we have any park days that overlap :)

Just took a look back at your plans and it looks like we are both planning on being in MK on 11/16 :)

We will also just be across the bridge from you at Pop during our stay :)

You haven't been?!?! your going to love the food... and all the Mickey waffles you can consume in ONE SITTING!!! DId you do Ohana for breakfast? It's pretty much the same juice. My family goes bonkers for it. I'm not such a huge fan of mango. yet the coffee is good!

Nope, AK is usually my sleep in day and a half day park for us. We like to use our couple big breakfasts other places. But I am interested to try it. Nope, never done O'Hana. It is always so busy.....Bradey doesn't like to get up and do things with others. All the "fun stuff" that is O'Hana doesn't appeal to us. So we always opt for Kona instead. Or other resorts :)

Let me first say we normally do the safari first thing in the AM. i did hear the animals were more active... well i will post pictures of the safari's we have done.

1. We do the safari at least twice! More if we can squeeze in the time. The animals are more active early in the day. So I recommend riding FIRST THING. And then checking back whenever you can squeeze it in. We are planning to ride first thing, then after lunch sometime. :thumbsup2

might try for twice....

2. EE, FotLK, Nemo, and the trails. We can't leave unless we get those done (outside of the safari). We skip DinoLand and the bird show. I can't handle birds flying over head. It freaks me out. :scared1:

Nemo? really... never did it.. put this on the possibility list for sure!! Have to do the dinosaur ride!! i do want the pictures of birds YET i don't like when they fly over my head.. they don't wear diapers.. and i have had my fair share of being target of some birds...

3. My favorite is FTBBQ! However, Y&Y CS is good, too. :thumbsup2

i was thinking of FTBBQ... figured everyone will want something from this menu!

YES! Check out the entertainment and let the kids play. We loved stumbling upon outdoors entertainment. So neat to watch. :cloud9:

LOOOOOOOOOVE the performers. i can watch them ALL day!

You forced me to check my pics. Donald outside (but he's no longer outside, he's inside only), Mickey, and Goofy. No Minnie. I swear I saw her in 2012 though ... Yet, if I saw her, I would have gotten a pic. I know she wasn't there in 2014 for our lunch. Maybe she's a pop-up surprise character?

you adn me both.. Not one shot of Pluto OR minnie! what are we thinking!!! I guess Daisy and Minnie don't get a long so Minnie got kicked out since it's Donalds house after all... HA HA HA

A level of 1? We had a couple of those our last trip but never went to the park with the 1.

Why?!?!?!

We went to AK with a crowd level of 2. We didn't need our Fast Passes at all, except it would have come in handy at Lion King, just to get out of the heat a little faster.

I didn't think you would! so fantastic! can't wait for it!

We did EE 6 times in a row, that was my limit. I did Primeval Whirl 3 times in a row with Chelsea.

that's probably what will happen with us.. 9 gazillion times on EE go over to dino back to EE over and over.. until Zack's belly decides he has had enough Tom will take the M&M on again.

When is Animal Kingdom supposed to start operating in the evening with its new nightime show?

2017. which will be the time of out NEXT TRIP after this one! yaaaaaaaahooooooooooo!!!

We went for EMH on this day, so we rode EE, those 6 times, and the safari once before it was open. The longest wait was to see Pocohontas. We were turned away the first 2 times and finally got there 30 minutes before she was supposed to greet again (about 20 people in line before us) and made it just before they cut the line off again. We were pretty much done by then, so figured it was fine to wait that long. The kids had a great time.

she is adorable.. I do like her!!!

I hope Matt is feeling better today.

Thank you!!! He is perfectly FINE!

Level one would be so amazing!!
I would go on the safari twice if I could! We went in the morning both times we have done it- first thing and have had little to no wait and a good experience.
We really enjoyed Flame Tree.

thank you and yes BOTH of these will be on our agenda!!

1. Best time for Safari is early. There were soooo many animals out.
2. EE and Safari. Primeval Whirl for Chelsea. And characters.
3. For QS we have done Restaurantosaurus both years. We went there the first year, because it was close to Dinosaur and that is when we had a pulled a FP. They were so nice and told the kids to ask for the pin board and just so accomodating, that my kids won't eat anywhere else. I tried, we looked at every menu, and ended up walking all the way back to that one.

Yep pretty much our plan of attack. Yet will have flame tree BBQ. the only character MUST will be Dug. then it's whoever we see we will stop!

I like to do Safari either first ting in the morning or last thing in the evening. But I normally go in hotter months and this is when the animals are more active.
My must do's are Safari, ITTBAB and throwing my money away at the games in dinoland (don't judge me, lol)
QS...we have tried both Yak & Yeti and Pizzafari. Not wild about them, but they will do in a pinch. We are trying Flame Tree this trip. I have heard good things about it.

Take care!

consensus is the AM i see which is what we do already.

HA HA HA throwing your money away at the arcade! your a riot!!! Nope not me i don't judge.. na ugh. yep us too FTBBQ will be the way to go!

I have found that early in the morning seems to be the best time for animal activity. Also, the cooler it is, the more active they seem to be. If it's hot and muggy, they just want to sleep!

HOPEFULLY in november they will be up and running around!!!! yes sleep.. always asleep

My Must Dos at AK are the Safari, EE, Dinosaur, FOLK and Pluto meet and greet. Other than Flame Tree I really don't have a must do food item here but I've been wanting to try one of the cupcakes at the bakery in Africa.

you and your cupcakes! ha ha ha. everything else the same for us. we would be great travel partners!!!

For QS, I really love Flame Tree but Pizzafari isn't bad either. I hear a lot of good stuff about the Yak and Yeti QS but my pickiness has kept me away. The only one I've read multiple bad reviews on is Restaurantasarus but I've never tried it myself.

i am not a fan of Disney pizza. i am sure you can guess why. Nope going for the BBQ! never had BBQ in Disney!

Have you seen Flights of Wonder? I like catching that one every couple of years. Lots of good photo opportunities with the birds.

I dunno about this. if it's there and if we happen to walk past and the show is opening we might pop in?!?!

Haha, thanks! Great minds!
And yes, totally agree, there will have to be evidence that we met! :chat:

YAY!!! love Dis meets!!! the only regret of the last trip is i didn't do any PP with my dis meets except with Nicole and her fam... must rectify this.. get ready for my crazy photo skills... HA HA

1. We have had really good luck with the safari first thing in the morning. We actually got a great picture of the male lion canoodling the female lion during an early morning safari on our honeymoon in 2011. Can't add it here, as I'm at work and all of those image sites are blocked, but I'll try and add it sometime if I think of it.
:simba:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww that must have been adorable.

2. Must-dos: Safari, EE (even though it rattles my brain a bit), Kali river rapids, Flights of wonder, and most of all - FOTLK!
:earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl:

Lion King being Meghan's favorite movie ever Simba being her favorite we will be going to FOLK for sure. this is the one FP i know we will use.

3. I remember having a really good salad one time at Restaurantosaurus (or maybe I just liked saying that), but that was about 5 years ago now. Last trip we sat at the bar at Yak and Yeti table service. Needless to say, we won't be doing that this time with baby in tow! I'm thinking we will do Yak & Yeti QS. We might even just share a few of meals amongst all of us... but only because we're planning on going to 'Ohana that night! Gotta save room!
:stitch:

yummmmmmmmmmmm Ohana is by far amazing.. Going for Flame tree this time.

Crowd Level 1???? I might need to rethink our plans a bit...I need to take a closer look at the crowd levels for this week. I don't have Touring Plans, but I did check out Undercover Tourist Crowd Levels, but I don't remember seeing a 1. :) I also like easywdw crowd levels...they seem to be pretty accurate but the November Crowd Levels aren't out yet. Maybe I just need to sub to Touring Plans :)

yes you just need to follow all my plans. haven't you heard? i'm the lady with the bag.. SPEAKING OF! in a minute.
Yep i subscribe to Touring plans. wait for easy wdw and then make up my own they are all very very good. I am sure the November crowds will be out shortly

1. I have to agree with everyone's recommendation of doing the Safari first thing in the morning. We did this our last trip and we definitely got to see a lot more animals!! :)
2. Must-dos: Safari, Dinosaur, FOTLK (this trip because I've never seen it), EE for DH
3. I haven't done a QS at AK before because we have always done Rainforest Cafe, but I have heard great things about Flame Tree BBQ so that is where we are planning on having lunch on our AK day.

oh you do have to do FOLK it's a great show!!! Yep! we will be doing Flame tree! we have a rainforest cafe here in chicago. so we don't do it there.

I need to look back through your plans to see if we have any park days that overlap :)

you just need to go through my plans to FOLLOW closely! HA HA HA HA HA (you know i am kidding right?)

Just took a look back at your plans and it looks like we are both planning on being in MK on 11/16 :)

YAY! another Dis meet!!!!

We will also just be across the bridge from you at Pop during our stay :)

I WANT to take a walk over there this trip. I want to try the ti-dye cheesecake.

Nope, AK is usually my sleep in day and a half day park for us. We like to use our couple big breakfasts other places. But I am interested to try it. Nope, never done O'Hana. It is always so busy.....Bradey doesn't like to get up and do things with others. All the "fun stuff" that is O'Hana doesn't appeal to us. So we always opt for Kona instead. Or other resorts :)

hold the phone..

You have NEVER had Ohana?!?!? seriously?!?! this surprises me! you can do all the fun stuff with Bradey ya know.. last time there was a mom and son dad daughter dance.. I really enjoyed that..

We are opposite we do it early to get it out of the way then hit DTD. i like shopping more.

So the safari:
IN 2010
we did see the baby elephant playing and was the most ADORABLE thing EVER

this was the most active animal

But this guy was fun to watch:

2011 November:

the big guy was moving

do these actually move?

now 2014:

of course the elusive hand animal

so i am thinking about the AM ride.. then a little later in the day.. do you know what time they feed the animals?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter