• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

Congrats on losing 31 lbs! That is awesome! Are you following a particular plan? (I think you mentioned Atkins at one point, but you know I am sorta senile, so I am not sure).

I did a bit of Disney planning yesterday i am trying to change a few things around to fit some stuff in.

ya know trying and failing to get my stuff together. This trip is actually driving me nute. I cannot believe the crowds that are going to be there, the impossible ADR's I can only IMAGINE what FP is going to be like!!! thankfully several friends are going at the same time!!!

so i am still trying to figure out our days.

THEN someone educated me on the distance to get to the HDDR! it's going to take about 2 hours!
HOLY GUACAMOLE! I was going to drive. that's out!
SOOOOOOOOOOOO i need to come up with plan B.. Which i am currently working on now.

THEN someone educated me on the distance to get to the HDDR! it's going to take about 2 hours!
HOLY GUACAMOLE! I was going to drive. that's out!
SOOOOOOOOOOOO i need to come up with plan B.. Which i am currently working on now.

We drove to the HDDR in June of 2013 and it wasn't too bad. We were staying at Pop Century and it was raining that day, so we decided to drive over to the Campground, and then we got on the internal bus and rode out to the show. We really would have preferred taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then the boat over to the Fort because a boat is much more fun but we were concerned that the weather would be bad and Disney would be docking the boats. I don't think it took 2 hours though.

Last edited:

We drove to the HDDR in June of 2013 and it wasn't too bad. We were staying at Pop Century and it was raining that day, so we decided to drive over to the Campground, and then we got on the internal bus and rode out to the show. We really would have preferred taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then the boat over to the Fort because a boat is much more fun but we were concerned that the weather would be bad and Disney would be docking the boats. I don't think it took 2 hours though.

This is good to know.. I have been reading several threads on the HDDR... My initial plan will be either leave HS really early bus it over to WL then boat it over to HDDR.
plan two is skip HS make it a MK day then boat it over to HDDR?!?!

I am still looking over my plans.. this crowd calendar jump is killing me and all my plans!

Maine: The Pierce Experience!

After our little walk about town we need to head over to Suzi's family's home!!! This was something D and i were really looking forward to! Suzi speaks of her family often we felt as if we already knew them! and we were finally able to do just that!

We were to have dinner at her parent's home which sits on 300 acres. <-- yeah. It's been in the family and was such a sight to see. AS soon as we drove up her Mom and Dad welcomed D and I with open arms. We felt like we were home away from home! Talk about hospitality!
WOW! their home is GORGEOUS! I could spend the rest of my life there. Huge windows looking right out to the woods and MOUNTAIN! just beautiful

Most of these pictures are D as i didn't have my camera on me!!!
once we had the grand tour of their wonderful home we sat and chatted for a while. i was living the dream.

they had this amazing natural brook running at the back of their yard..

I do remember wanting to jump across to the "island" on the other side to go squatching...
Bradey dared me several time.. But i didn't have bug spray on me at the time...

So this is where it gets interesting.
Time to get on the 4-wheelers. I have never driven one. the entire time of planning this trip I was told i had to drive with Bradey they were afraid i would kill myself (hey they have driven with me in Chicago remember?)
So Bradey was to be my chauffeur..

Not the case....

I think Suzi's Dad WANTED to see me on a death trap.. Because i am telling you this adorable man never stopped laughing AT me.

Teaching me everything i i need to know... Seemed like a PIECE OF CAKE! Oh. Yeah I got this..
images

D and Suzi had the Cadillac of all 4 wheelers.

Until we hit this little bridge thing...
then i was like:
Day-5.gif

I like an idiot. tried to put my foot down to move the monster under me... like it was a motorcycle!
Not a good idea!! I was OK as on we went hoping no more tiny narrow things to over!

we went to Suzi's Gram's home, who of course also welcomed us with open arms and what a sweet, darling, lady!!!
she offered us some of THE. BEST. Cookies ever made.

We were offered water.. Suzi asks so you want the best tasting water ever. I'm thinking umm ok. She's being nice to her gram ya know making her feel good as having water.
So she grabs a couple of glasses and fills them from the tap.

OMG

I don't know how to explain this correctly BUT HER GRAM HAS THE BEST TASTING WATER EVER.
it's from a natural spring on the property. If i could have brought it home i would have.
after our short visit we were off to
the old farm house which was the first home on their property (we would see Gram for dinner later)

It was GLORIOUS! I was SO MAD i didn't have my camera. and my phone was back at the house charging!!! grrrrrr i would have went CRAZY on pictures here..

They then took us to the natural spring!

It was HIGH time for D to take over driving i'm going with Suzi.
Get out D it's your turn

we went off into the sunset back to Suzi's parent's house!
There is VIDEO of D but she clearly isn't sharing it.

Once back at the house Suzi's mom made us a SPREAD of food! everything home made. Except the hot dogs.. which i was a little apprehensive of.
Red Hot Dogs... Apparently they have a casing on them which of course is.... RED. hummm a casing on a hot dog?!?

When in Maine do as the Mainers do right?

the hot dog was just like any other hot dog yet with a weird casing on it. Everything was DELICIOUS. i am missing her coleslaw...
full bellies we still have to have:

SHE MADE MICKEY HEADS FOR US!!!
We sang Happy Birthday to Suzi! and dug right in

What a WONDERFUL way to end a day! We were sad to leave.. We had to get back. another big day ahead of us!

I will post a few more pictures in the next one of stuff.

OMG RED SNAPPAHS!

I haven't had one of those in ages (in MA we have them too, but they are not as common), Those 4 wheeling pictures totally remind me of my summers spent in Maine as a kid with my cousins. We used to go out in the woods ALL DAY on the 4 wheeler and have the best time finding little brooks to play in. Such a treat since I was a " city kid" ( totally suburban but to a Mainer I was from the city).

One time IN THE SAME DAY I flipped the 4 wheeler on it's side, and while we were waiting to be rescued ( no one got hurt but we couldn't right the 4 wheeler because we were like 8 and 10) my cousin got up on a rock over a brook and took off his belt screaming " I FEEL LIKE CHICKEN TONIGHT" and then FELL INTO the brook and somehow BROKE HIS BELT.

" Noah manage your PANTS" became the phrase for the rest of the summer until he got a new belt.

I LOVE MAINE.

OK, I am rolling and laughing like a loon right now picturing you guys on those four wheelers! :rotfl:

Red hot dogs, hmmmmm. Weird thing is, we had red hot dogs when we visited Macon GA in April. Tasted just like regular hot dogs to me. :confused3

So glad you had a wonderful time with Suzi's family.

How awesome would that to be to have THAT much land for your family. So cool. It looks like an awesome time and a fantastic family.

So much prettiness!!!! Maine is beautiful!

Having grown up in the country and crashed--I mean, driven--my fair share of 3 wheelers, I would have been cracking up at you trying to drive one! Some day I'll tell you about the snake I ran over....

I'm glad you all got to celebrate together (and with Mickey too!$

What a sweet family!!! That seems like such a perfect day, in such a beautiful place! I would never have wanted to leave :)

First off, congrats on the weight loss. 31 pounds!?!?! That's fantastic!

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful property her family owns! I can just imagine all of ya'll on those four wheelers. I expect that there was a lot of yellin' and hootin' and hollerin' going on.

Your day at Suzi's parents and grandmother's house looks wonderful. That dessert is gorgeous. I bet it tasted as good as it looks.

The four wheelers look like fun but I bet snowmobiles are even better. ;)

Suzie's parent's home is beautiful. I've never been four wheeling but it looks fun. The creek in the backyard looks so inviting. Maine is just a pretty place.
Liz

What great pics! We JUST had the Red Hotdogs last week on vacation. My youngest nephew begged my Mom to buy them & after he tried them declared he hated them. My husband ended up eating half of what Mom bought.

OMG RED SNAPPAHS!

that's them!!!

I haven't had one of those in ages (in MA we have them too, but they are not as common), Those 4 wheeling pictures totally remind me of my summers spent in Maine as a kid with my cousins. We used to go out in the woods ALL DAY on the 4 wheeler and have the best time finding little brooks to play in. Such a treat since I was a " city kid" ( totally suburban but to a Mainer I was from the city).

One time IN THE SAME DAY I flipped the 4 wheeler on it's side, and while we were waiting to be rescued ( no one got hurt but we couldn't right the 4 wheeler because we were like 8 and 10) my cousin got up on a rock over a brook and took off his belt screaming " I FEEL LIKE CHICKEN TONIGHT" and then FELL INTO the brook and somehow BROKE HIS BELT.

" Noah manage your PANTS" became the phrase for the rest of the summer until he got a new belt.

OMG this is so funny!!!! I can only imagine! I was following Bradey so i was VERY careful not to run HIM OVER!

I LOVE MAINE.

So do i...:lovestruc

OK, I am rolling and laughing like a loon right now picturing you guys on those four wheelers! :rotfl:

I am sure you are.. there was a LOT OF LAUGHING! Mainly AT ME.. :rotfl2:

Red hot dogs, hmmmmm. Weird thing is, we had red hot dogs when we visited Macon GA in April. Tasted just like regular hot dogs to me. :confused3

They do! except the weird casing on them. Little mustard and we were good to go.

o glad you had a wonderful time with Suzi's family.

we really did. Such great people. :grouphug:

How awesome would that to be to have THAT much land for your family. So cool. It looks like an awesome time and a fantastic family.

No kidding... it was so neat. such history for one family!

Having grown up in the country and crashed--I mean, driven--my fair share of 3 wheelers, I would have been cracking up at you trying to drive one! Some day I'll tell you about the snake I ran over....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! it was pretty fun.
No... No running over the wild life!

I'm glad you all got to celebrate together (and with Mickey too!$

Me too.. it was truly wonderful!!!

What a sweet family!!! That seems like such a perfect day, in such a beautiful place! I would never have wanted to leave :)

They are the BEST! I didn't want to leave. they had comfy seats and even better view i didn't want to leave!

First off, congrats on the weight loss. 31 pounds!?!?! That's fantastic!

THANK YOU!!! :cheer2: Feels great to get back to myself!

Oh my gosh! What a beautiful property her family owns! I can just imagine all of ya'll on those four wheelers. I expect that there was a lot of yellin' and hootin' and hollerin' going on.

It is amazing. I was hootin and hollerin.. especially when i am trying to stop the dang thing like a motorcycle... :sad2:

Your day at Suzi's parents and grandmother's house looks wonderful. That dessert is gorgeous. I bet it tasted as good as it looks.

It really did.. They know how to make some yummy stuff!!!

The four wheelers look like fun but I bet snowmobiles are even better. ;)

I NEVER rode a snowmobile! can you believe that? almost hit a few with my car since they drive like morons around here...

Suzie's parent's home is beautiful. I've never been four wheeling but it looks fun. The creek in the backyard looks so inviting. Maine is just a pretty place.
Liz

It is fun if you ever get the chance i highly recommend!!! Yes i never did jump across either!

What great pics! We JUST had the Red Hotdogs last week on vacation. My youngest nephew begged my Mom to buy them & after he tried them declared he hated them. My husband ended up eating half of what Mom bought.

HA! They taste just like regular hot dogs! just take the weird casing off... LOL he will never know. :rotfl2:

that's the dome car from the notch train ( http://conwayscenic.com/notch-train/ ) the fares are listed her on there site http://conwayscenic.com/notch-train-fares/ . Also there isn't a lot of seat and depending on the weather it can get pretty hot in it apparently and if it's raining it may fog up.

YES! that is it! Next time i hope to do it. Well maybe not sit up there then.. Can't have it screwing with my pictures!!
Really cool...

Atlantic Antics.

The day before was an amazing day. One of my favorites by far. Today was the day. We were going to the ocean! Suzi got us up early even made breakfast! BACON!!! YUM... she's so good to us.. and as you will soon find out D and I are horrible...

Our trusty minivan packed up for our day at the ocean! off we went.. but first had to stop at a
dunkin-donuts-logo_websized.jpg

Of course! thankfully it was on the right side of the street!!! It was also free donut day! WOO HOO!

We did stop off at a target too. We needed rations of MEAT. Beef jerky seeral kinds and a cheese platter thing. amongst other yummy food.. We were off!
(this is really going to be pictures HEAVY)

Drove right up no one was here! we have the whole place to ourselves!!! and off we went in search of Suzi's favorite spot.

it was perfect!

then i was let free....
Here comes the pictures...

the rocks not a tree

as you can see it wasn't a beach type place but rocks.. they were beautiful and full of colors!

Suzi RUNNING from the water

HA HA HA!

I have SO MANY ocean pictures... Could NOT stop taking them I will give you a break on them....

come to me:

another runner

Continue....

More antics on the Atlantic:

I do have to say it was chilly!!! we had layers of clothes on!

lucky enough to see a sail boat!!!

can you spot the hidden Mickey?

Suzi got bored with me so decided to nap

she also tried to hide from us...

Didn't work SUUUUUZIIIIII

colorful rocks!

After a while they got tired of me so we needed to go on a hike.

was a beautiful little pond

and trees

Back up!
Here is a picture of Suzi walking to find our spot

I don't know what the stuffed pickle is in the background..

sleepy D

this is where things took a turn. It was peaceful, tranquil, serene...
Which does NOT describe us in the least:

The wind was getting in our faces

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

Continuing on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter