• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

I'm sorry I fell a bit behind Mo.

The Basin is absolutely stunning...breathtaking. Thank you for sharing those gorgeous pictures with us.

Muddy Moose looks like a fun place. You can keep the mussels though.

But that burger and those ONION RINGS look absolutely mouthwatering.

Pluto.. Meg did a pluto.. I don't have a picture!!! Dang it!

I must see a picture! ::yes::

I waited till after lunch to read that post but it still made me hungry! The food looks delicious. Well except for the mussels, they still looked slimy and chewy to me, two things I cannot handle. :crazy2:

More gorgeous scenery, have you ever watched North Woods Law? My husband thinks it's dull but I like the scenery and the wildlife.

Great job on the necklaces, they turned out really cute.

That Reuben with the Sweet Potato fries looks so yummy, so does the burger with mushrooms. I'll pass on the mussels though.

And only 144 days! How soon do you pick out your magic bands?

I think you should go back in Nov. 2016. Because that's when we're going. And I've never had a DIS meet. :D

The Basin is absolutely beautiful! So peaceful and breathtaking. I'm sure Walter was happy he got to enjoy it too.

Glad you got to see the parade. I heard from a couple of my Chi-town friends about the whole ticket debacle. What a cluster!

I'm going a low-carb lifestyle change as well. It's not as strict as Atkins but no rice, pasta, bread, taters, soda, or sweets. I might eventually start reintroducing these in small amounts but so far I've noticed that when I do, I feel like....well, you know. You are doing great!

I'm just now gettin' around to catching up on my watched threads after our trip. What gorgeous pictures of your time in Maine! You girls look like you are having the time of your lives.

The necklaces that the kids made are adorable! Are those just little washers? What a great idea!

I was just in North Conway last week! I took DS to the little theme park up there with my mom. We were going to eat at The Muddy Moose butDS was getting tired & cranky so we hit up the old staple Friendly's before heading back to the hotel! Your food looked delish! I will have to make sure we eat there next time!

Oh, that is so mesmerizingly beautiful! And your pictures of it are astounding! We've never been to Maine, but I'm thinking we should go. Can we hire Suzi as out travel guide? :-)

You totally can! I would love to :)

More gorgeous scenery, have you ever watched North Woods Law?

My cousin, Pete Herring, is one of the North Woods Law wardens :)

I love the pictures of the Basin! It is one of my favorite places too. Such great memories there over the years, and now I have one more to add to my collection :)

I wish the weather was better though. There are so many more mountains there....Baldface is big and gorgeous, but you can't even see it! I'll have to find one of my pictures and post it so you can see what the place looks like in the sun!

Mmmmmm....Muddy Moose is yum!

The pictures of the Basin are breathtaking!

I literally said out loud "Walter!" My SO gave me a look as if to say " quiet down you crazy woman, you'll wake the baby!" :rolleyes:

I love the necklaces! What a fun craft. Is it washers, paint pens and copper wire? Any hot glue? I have like a million things I wanna do before our trip but time is limited; started a new job, again!

Moose looks yum! Clams, lobster, Basin and bridges, I gotta get up to Maine!:love:

The Disney necklaces are so cute!

And look at you skipping the bun. Total will power. :worship:

They were a lot of fun to make!

I did.. Not eating the bun is no big deal to me anymore. shocking i know honestly i think it hides the taste of everything yummy in between!!!

I'm sorry I fell a bit behind Mo.

Thank you so much for coming on here to read!!! I know you don't come here anymore! :hug:
You know i will always follow your reports!!!

The Basin is absolutely stunning...breathtaking. Thank you for sharing those gorgeous pictures with us.

Kathy i cannot tell you how beautiful this place was.. jaw dropping.

Muddy Moose looks like a fun place. You can keep the mussels though.

I never had them! They were fantastic!!! I am sure it's because it was Maine.. I don't think i would order them here.

But that burger and those ONION RINGS look absolutely mouthwatering.

It was so darn good!!!!

I must see a picture!

I will post it as soon as I find the necklace!

I waited till after lunch to read that post but it still made me hungry! The food looks delicious. Well except for the mussels, they still looked slimy and chewy to me, two things I cannot handle.

I will guarantee they were NOT slimy. I would not have eaten them.. everything we had was fresh and well.. DELISH!

Love the necklaces! And more great pictures!

Thanks!

More gorgeous scenery, have you ever watched North Woods Law? My husband thinks it's dull but I like the scenery and the wildlife.

it's beautiful there.. No i haven't watched it. I don't even think we get it??? I know Suzi's relative is on it.

Great job on the necklaces, they turned out really cute.

thanks! really easy and fun to make!

That Reuben with the Sweet Potato fries looks so yummy, so does the burger with mushrooms. I'll pass on the mussels though.

mmmmmmmm it was all YUMMY!!!!

And only 144 days! How soon do you pick out your magic bands?

I already picked the magic bands!!! you can do that once your booked!!! they have to be customized by October 14th.. I normally do it as soon as it's available.. once we get them we will decorate them more!!

I think you should go back in Nov. 2016. Because that's when we're going. And I've never had a DIS meet.

Dis meets are a lot of fun! I met some of my best friends that way! humm... we shall see how 2015 goes so far it's not going the way i envisioned... crowds. ADRs just NUTS!

The Basin is absolutely beautiful! So peaceful and breathtaking. I'm sure Walter was happy he got to enjoy it too.

AMAZING! simply put...
My main man Walter. I haven't had an adventure with him in a while!

Glad you got to see the parade. I heard from a couple of my Chi-town friends about the whole ticket debacle. What a cluster!

it was a hot mess.

I'm going a low-carb lifestyle change as well. It's not as strict as Atkins but no rice, pasta, bread, taters, soda, or sweets. I might eventually start reintroducing these in small amounts but so far I've noticed that when I do, I feel like....well, you know. You are doing great!

It's a LOT easier then i had thought this was going to be.. for a while i would have bitten the finger off for a fry... Then i figured if i cut myself off of everything i would fail.. some there are times i will grab ONE fry or ONE bite of garlic bread and i am back to being OK!

I'm just now gettin' around to catching up on my watched threads after our trip. What gorgeous pictures of your time in Maine! You girls look like you are having the time of your lives.

Hi!!! I have missed you! Hope everything is OK? trip looked great (as always! does a trip to Disney ever look bad??)
Thank you Maine was just beautiful!

The necklaces that the kids made are adorable! Are those just little washers? What a great idea!

Thank you! very easy stuff! Yes they are washers! cheap and easy crafts are right up my alley!

I was just in North Conway last week! I took DS to the little theme park up there with my mom. We were going to eat at The Muddy Moose butDS was getting tired & cranky so we hit up the old staple Friendly's before heading back to the hotel! Your food looked delish! I will have to make sure we eat there next time!

HOW FUN!!!! I saw all the friendly's there. We figured it was a very friendly place... :rotfl2:

That is so serene! It reminds me of a place in Yellowstone where I felt the same way.

I could sit there forever. such inspiration all around! I should have started the report here...

I love the pictures of the Basin! It is one of my favorite places too. Such great memories there over the years, and now I have one more to add to my collection

awwww.. Thank you Suzi for sharing this place with us!!! it really was my favorite!!!

I wish the weather was better though. There are so many more mountains there....Baldface is big and gorgeous, but you can't even see it! I'll have to find one of my pictures and post it so you can see what the place looks like in the sun!

The weather was fine. if we would have gone later in the afternoon the sun would have burned the fog off.. but i am sure the pictures would not have come out.. and i still wish the star trail would have been epic here... NEXT TIME!

Mmmmmm....Muddy Moose is yum!

Sooooo good.

My cousin, Pete Herring, is one of the North Woods Law wardens

I knew one of your relatives was on here!

You totally can! I would love to

Suzi is the best. just buckle up cuz your in for the ride of your life! :thumbsup2

Love the crafts and the Moose place looks nummy!!! ::yes::

it so was!!!!

The pictures of the Basin are breathtaking!

thank you!!! :flower1:

I literally said out loud "Walter!" My SO gave me a look as if to say " quiet down you crazy woman, you'll wake the baby!"

my main man WALTER!!! shhhhh don't wake the BABY!!! you silly woman! :rotfl2:

I love the necklaces! What a fun craft. Is it washers, paint pens and copper wire? Any hot glue? I have like a million things I wanna do before our trip but time is limited; started a new job, again!

try this link
if that doesn't work look it up on pintrest that's how i found it!!! i used paint pens i think you can see the brand in the picture? if not let me know and i will check them for you!!!

Moose looks yum! Clams, lobster, Basin and bridges, I gotta get up to Maine!

oh it was wonderful!!! You must go!!!

:wave2: welcome to the report!!!

Back up a bit...
I apparently missed the morning!
Surprised D and Suzi didn't say anything?!?! :confused3

we did stop for more.......

Yep Coffee!!!
and more indication of MOOSE!!! i just knew i would see one!!! sometime

we stayed and enjoyed each other before we started on this journey!

Suzi is DELIGHTED we made her stop.. again....

Then we stopped at a:

It wouldn't BE A girls weekend unless we stopped at SOME shoe store!!! No one bought anything and we were back on the road for out next 45 minute drive!!!

The Muddy Moose looks so cute! I love cabin feel restaurants like that! And the food looked great! I have never tried mussels either..but if you say they were good, maybe I'll have to try them sometime. We went to a restaurant in Midlothian for Fathers Day and my nephew ordered grilled octopus. He is 9!! So crazy but I didn't even try it. haha I just kept thinking of the octopus in Finding Nemo...

The mountains in all your pictures are so awesome! I wouldn't mind driving or being in traffic if that was how the scenery looked!

I'm not sure if we'll do a cruise! I want to! Joe wants to..so hopefully we can make it happen depending on how the year after we get married goes! haha!

Have a great Wednesday!

Cathedral Ledge

With bellies FULL to the brim with delicious food it was time for our next destination!!! I had NO idea what we were in for.. it was called Cathedral ledge.. I was OVERJOYED being in the back seat this time:

The video is a little long, and loud, you can fast forward. As you can see from this video we were going GAZILLION MILES PER HOUR i was hanging on for dear LIFE to my camera- This had to be video tapped.. We were driving...

UP A MOUNTAIN!!!
Yeah a MOUNTAIN!! Suzi says she HAS to kick it into high gear otherwise we would never make it up...
Women-Drivers-men-scared.jpg

we were going HIGHER AND HIGHER

Have i mentioned D is afraid of heights?

We make it to where we could park her van to get out. It's very wooded area. Looked innocent enough.

we get our stuff and follow Suzi... Who is about 8 feet in front of us. walking UPHILL. D and i look at each other like:
htk43_zpsdb54b7f4.gif

WE JUST ATE! A LOT!!! now she is taking us HIKING??? oh lord.. we put our best foot forward and follow the leader.. Slowly. Suzi is trotting in front of us like it's NO big deal.

This is where it dawns on D and I - This is why she has the tiniest legs...

we MADE IT! I felt like we needed a flag or something.

I was pretty much holding on for dear life wondering WHERE our rope was!!!

But felt like i was on top of the world!!!

See the tree? I wouldn't go 2 feet farther.. I knew if i was going to slip the tree was my life saver.

DO YOU SEE THE INCLINE ON THIS ROCK?!?!

Suzi found it very funny. D i believe is dead. and i was scared....

Then about 10 feet from us these guys come:

See how THEY have a rope? Yes... I do believe safety was not of the highest priority here...

Reviving D Suzi wanted to take us to a different part of this monster mountain.. so we packed up what little we had and followed Suzi DOWN.. I have terrible knees (chronic pain, arthritis, surgeries etc) and i am very shaky... ON FLAT GROUND. can you imagine how i was here???

I scooted on my butt... Figured this is my safest route. Thankfully D and Suzi understand my knee predicament and helped a lot.. really they are great people.. I may or may not embellish a wee little bit....

thankfully the next hike was a little on the flatter side of walking.

the next stop was FENCED!!!! YAY for us!!!

Stopping here for the next picture overload

You had me giggling the whole time just thinking about ya'll driving up the mountain and then making that climb on foot. Too dang funny!

The older I get, the worse my fear of heights gets. I believe I would have grabbed that tree and held on for dear life until someone pried me off and carried my paralyzed with fear body back to the car! Lol! The pictures are sure pretty though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter